Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

are we getting a big update next week..?

1 hour ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do like they did with Second Dream and release it universally to all platforms the same day.  Wishful thinking maybe - but how long has Sacrifice been in the oven - like 8 months at the very minimum?  Maybe it's been taking so long because they're getting it ready for all? 

i mean hopefully the quest lives up to the hype you know?

1 hour ago, German said:

No' it's confirmed to be before tennocon and before venus by steve. Venus was confirmed to be before tenno con aswell. I'd give you a link to the tweet but can't find it anymore, though I'm sure someone can dig it up.

I mean this is becoming a big game of yes no. But I do believe venus is 100% not coming before tennocon. I might be horribly wrong, but from their progress updates, they still have WAYYY more stuff to do with venus. I don't think people understand that development takes a Long time 

4 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

I dunno wich one but it was in devstream 108-110 they told script is done so they started making levels for the quest and other stuff , expect it after TennoCon

I think i saw Steve tweet about mo-cap and voice acting is almost done maybe a month ago and now waiting how new particles works in wild, so i hope that wont take 2 months

Edited by Myscho

On 2018-05-13 at 6:09 AM, (PS4)lagrue said:

Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do like they did with Second Dream and release it universally to all platforms the same day

They didn't do that with the Second Dream. It launched on consoles later on, just seemed quicker than usual because the team was working hard on getting it on all platforms quickly.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

They didn't do that with the Second Dream. It launched on consoels later on, it just seemed quicker because the entire team was working hard on getting it on all platforms quickly

You are correct - looking back the reason I thought this is because Second Dream released only 2 weeks later for us, which was the shortest gap we ever had, because they wanted us all to experience it as close together as possible.  

16 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

So Steve replied to a comment on twitter that seems to ask if we can expect the GPU particle update with sacrifice, venus or after. And Steve replied "WITH"

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/991784022991831040

And in Devstream 111, we were told that we could expect the GPU particle update next week...

https://youtu.be/70QbRHnDoH8?t=1790

So... What do you lot think? We gonna be expecting a big update next week?

Edit: hold on whilst i work out this twitter nonsense That'll have to do

That was a miscommunication inside DE. He was incorrect, he later clarified on Twitter the mistake.

People calling any update that's not Sacrifice a "small update".

[Insert old man voice] Back in my day getting an obstacle course, dojo custom lighting, a warframe rework and new particles all at the same time would have been huge. 

It is rather disappointing to see DE's effort go mostly unappreciated when they're not pumping out a "huge" update nowadays.

12 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I'll be happy if we get that new UI, saryn rework, new particle effects and nidus skin next week 😹

They said they will show some more progress on Nidus in next DS..so that is a no.

UI is still work in progress...

What we will get is Dojo lighting, obstacle course, saryn rework, particles and propably some little changes and fixes.

2 hours ago, MopUpCrewman said:

[Insert old man voice] Back in my day getting an obstacle course, dojo custom lighting, a warframe rework and new particles all at the same time would have been huge. 

It is rather disappointing to see DE's effort go mostly unappreciated when they're not pumping out a "huge" update nowadays.

Call me an ungrateful prick, but most of that is such a niche thing, the majority of people wouldn't even notice it's there.

-Saryn rework is pretty much for Saryn players only. I have my doubts that those who weren't interested in Saryn before will be playing her now.

-Dojo stuff. Again, I have my suspicions that for majority of people Dojo is a place to trade and replicate blueprints only. People (maybe) will come to check what are new things about, like, once, and then go back to the core of the game - the farm.

Let's be real, this update is all about particles. And even then, lots of people will have them at Low setting and won't even notice any diffirence.

The update may be big in terms of number of things in it, but in terms of significance after it will come and go, the buiseness will be as usual, as if nothing happened.

Again, call me an ungrateful prick, but I'd rather have something new to farm/throw money at.

Edited by WindigoTG

3 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Call me an ungrateful prick, but most of that is such a niche thing, the majority of people wouldn't even notice it's there.

-Saryn rework is pretty much for Saryn players only. I have my doubds that those who weren't interested in Saryn before will be playing her now.

-Dojo stuff. Again, I have my suspicions that for majority of people Dojo is a place to trade and replicate blueprints only. People (maybe) will come to check what are new things about, like, once, and then go back to the core of the game - the farm.

Let's be real, this update is all about particles. And even then, lots of people will have them at Low setting and won't even notice any diffirence.

Again, call me an ungrateful prick, but I'd rather have something new to farm/throw money at.

And this where they need to do that fine balance of the new content and tweaking up old content. Unfortunately this year been a lot of tweaking old content without much new content so I understand your frustration which makes sense. Hopefullythe new content comes out soon but hopefully not rushed of course.

If they add new content and forget old one peoples cry. If they focus on old content and fixing problems and not release new ones then peoples cry. Nothing can make everyone happy always there will be peoples whom likes or hates the upcoming things. I personally content with what we have and happy they fix old stuffs and slowly add new ones. Play less or play other games then your burnout will be much much smaller.

1 hour ago, Szuna said:

If they add new content and forget old one peoples cry. If they focus on old content and fixing problems and not release new ones then peoples cry. Nothing can make everyone happy always there will be peoples whom likes or hates the upcoming things. I personally content with what we have and happy they fix old stuffs and slowly add new ones. Play less or play other games then your burnout will be much much smaller.

I think DE that just spoiled us to expect new content often. Some games are lucky to get major content updates more than once a year. There's still a TON of content already available, that most people most likely haven't even gone through.

So this week we are getting update 22.20 and its nothing special:new graphics effect that's ok,Saryn rework its fine but not for me,so what else we will get??? Then again nothing special and something sweet that I can spend some platinum on that. 

Edited by Vlada91

11 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think DE that just spoiled us to expect new content often. Some games are lucky to get major content updates more than once a year. There's still a TON of content already available, that most people most likely haven't even gone through.

Because the majority of playes want the shiny stuffs and not really want to repeat that content what is available. The devs work on almost 1 year or more on a larger quest which basically playabe in few hours then everyone going to cry it was short. Harder to make food than eat it and this one is true on the games. What you play for hours to days that takes weeks-months-even years to make it. 

I am totally okay with what we have and I am not a hardcore player so I know there is a tons of things still I can do so not bother me at all. Another fact this game is repetitive because you do basically the same thing. This was known from the very beginning surplisingly peoples realise now this. If you want to play something then play other games too because that can take your time and not worry about on what they will add. Nobody can please everyone.

Also yes there are other companies whom doind daily-weekly contents yet anothers gives yearly addons or not touch the game at all after the release. DE is a team and warframe is a game which needs contanst updates to sustain the interest and while they need to fix old contents too. They are not a perfect company but they at least trying to pleases as much peoples as much can be despite they can do false things and spending sometimes their time on something which was not worth to do. We all are humans (tenno).

Edited by Szuna

I do wish they would dedicate a small team to giving us more active events and tactical alerts though. Those things make the universe feel alive and the old content feel like new in some ways, and it shouldn't take much resources. I also miss small things like the community simaris targets, or seasonal awards. Things that feel like it has a human touch to it and not just spit out at random by a program.

Edited by Hypernaut1

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I do wish they would dedicate a small team to giving us more active events and tactical alerts though. Those things make the universe feel alive and the old content feel like new in some ways, and it shouldn't take much resources. I also miss small things like the community simaris targets, or seasonal awards. Things that feel like it has a human touch to it and not just spit out at random by a program.

Playermade missions and set difficulity - Kingpin.

On 2018-05-14 at 12:53 AM, MopUpCrewman said:

I agree 100%!  I mean, I don't think people appreciate what goes into making even a "small" update, nor do they seem to understand WHY we have these small updates.  The particles, for example, are going to be used in a big way during The Sacrifice. This has been stated by Steve himself.  So yes, those need to come out FIRST to test and make sure that they work for when The Sacrifice IS released.   That's not a "small" thing, it is ESSENTIAL.

As for Saryn, I saw it mentioned that her rework is "niche", and that's just dumb.  Her rework is being done for the good of the game overall.  Not just affecting her, or the players that play her, but all those who squad up with those who play her, as well.  No different than Banshee or Ember.  DE is trying to fix problems they perceive as needing to be fixed.  Who the hell are WE, ya know NON-devs, to judge them based on our limited information.  It's like a blind man trying to correct me on what the color blue looks like.  Come on, now. 

The updates we're getting are necessary, and we'll get to the Sacrifice when we get there.  We're just coming off of PoE, new Arcanes and distribution thereof, a new Frame, new buffs to DOZENS of weapons, tons of reworks/buffs/  WHY are we complaining?  So much "ME ME ME!"  it's ridiculous o-o