Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Nuke

3 minutes ago, thesilentreaper92 said:

So when is Trin Nuke getting nerfed?

be quiet. With the melee not going through walls, I just need to farm one more lato vandal barrel from onslaught.  then i'll be done with that mode forever and they can nerf it.

10 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

be quiet. With the melee not going through walls, I just need to farm one more lato vandal barrel from onslaught.  then i'll be done with that mode forever and they can nerf it.

Saryn after rework is just ridiculous, you should try it 

23 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

so they should only nerf when it becomes convenient for you.  these play styles makes things just boring

11 minutes ago, thesilentreaper92 said:

so they should only nerf when it becomes convenient for you.  these play styles makes things just boring

They make it boring for you and that is your opinion (which is fine). Many players enjoy killing efficiently, and Trinity does just that. The build has existed for years but has recently become popular due to social media (Youtube, Twitch, Reddit, etc). I believe that the build is not too overpowered as there is risk of killing yourself and falls off without buffers in extremely high levels.

If you dislike the play style, you are free to recruit players who don't use it or go solo. If you truely dislike it, there are plenty of measures to avoid it. 

Edited by --Q--Voltage

5 hours ago, thesilentreaper92 said:

or when they fix the garbage game mode they call onslaught. 

Or perhaps you are suggesting they just remove things YOU find boring and leave the rest? maybe I find you do boring.. should i start crying for nerfs to that?

11 hours ago, thesilentreaper92 said:

So when is Trin Nuke getting nerfed?

if anything's getting nerfed regarding Castanuke Trin, it should be the Castanas: Trin's been hit way too many times with the nerf bat already, Castanas can take the fall for this one (not like anyone really used them before Castanuking became the meta anyway). that's only if DE HAVE to do something.

personally I'm happy for them to stick around as it's nearly impossible to get anywhere close to Zone 8 on consoles without Castanuke Trin, because DE won't fix their broken game mode. if DE give us the Onslaught fixes PC got so that we can actually beat Zone 8, then sure, nerf the Castanas, but leave Trin alone if something has to be done. even before onslaught, Castanuking is risky and not everyone knows how to do it effectively. let em have their fun.

23 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

or when they fix the garbage game mode they call onslaught. 

Or perhaps you are suggesting they just remove things YOU find boring and leave the rest? maybe I find you do boring.. should i start crying for nerfs to that?

when people like you keep overplaying cheese. that makes thing boring but what you are implying is that they only should nerf when its convenient for you. if you keep beeing single minded by blaming DE for the grind go play some mobile game. people like you just want to do little work for the best reward . 

On 2018-05-18 at 8:57 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

They make it boring for you and that is your opinion (which is fine). Many players enjoy killing efficiently, and Trinity does just that. The build has existed for years but has recently become popular due to social media (Youtube, Twitch, Reddit, etc). I believe that the build is not too overpowered as there is risk of killing yourself and falls off without buffers in extremely high levels.

If you dislike the play style, you are free to recruit players who don't use it or go solo. If you truely dislike it, there are plenty of measures to avoid it. 

ok thats true . same applies for nuke wukong.

When a support frame is known for killing, you know theres something wrong. I can feel DE is feeling the pressure of the community on this but Im sure they are taking their time to come up with a remedy of it by not breaking the frame. I would say the best nerf would be like harrow/rhino by not being able to self damage. Lets see what happens.

On 2018-05-18 at 12:06 PM, SneakyErvin said:

And maybe let it work on frames that are actual aviators, like poor Titania.

You've no idea how much I would love this. Gunfairy actually flies, let her use it...

36 minutes ago, -Virtuoso- said:

When a support frame is known for killing, you know theres something wrong. I can feel DE is feeling the pressure of the community on this but Im sure they are taking their time to come up with a remedy of it by not breaking the frame. I would say the best nerf would be like harrow/rhino by not being able to self damage. Lets see what happens.

"support frame"?

There should be NO "support frames" in warframe. This is not a typical MMORPG.

So by this logic... any frame that can deal damage... should not be able to "heal, tank or give power"?

ALL frame should be able to deal damage.

Edited by Krhymez

On 2018-05-18 at 9:31 AM, Dreadwire said:

Maybe de should remove aviator instead.

Or just rework Aviator so that it doesn't apply to self-damage.  In the meantime, mods like Frost's Freeze Force (which adds Cold damage to players' attacks) can ruin a Nuke Trinity's day.

I'm torn with Nuke Trin.

On one side, she kills so fast and efficient I dont have to lift a finger on onslaughts. Even the crappy efficiency drain does nothing. Ez focus whenever Im with her on onslaught.

On the other side, I logged in warframe to play, not to watch Trin jump on explosives.

On 2018-05-18 at 4:57 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

The build has existed for years but has recently become popular due to social media

It has not been popular for years, Aviator was buffed in update 20.4, which was just about a year ago; before that it was 20% reduction, which wasn't high enough to stop self-kills. Diamond Skin was also changed to Radiation damage (necessary for surviving the Castanas) in mid-2016, so at best it has existed in its current no-damage-to-self for two years. Before that, Trinities were actually killing themselves doing this strategy, not counting original 100% reduction blessing (which was a strategy people used to go very long in extended missions; it wasn't a niche build, but rather popular, based on YouTube videos of the time).

It also scales very highly, as Trinity can easily remove all enemy armor by herself with Abating Link. High strength/low efficiency isn't a problem either, as a high range/strength Energy Vampire ensures she easily stays topped off.

It's broken because a single frame can negate gameplay to a ridiculous extent for the rest of the squad with practically zero risk to themselves (just hit alt-fire after you jump, you could even make a hyper-easy macro for that and claim you need that macro for carpal tunnel). 56 meters of instant-kill through walls with no LoS, infinite energy, infinite self-heals; hell, at least Equinox has to charge up a little bit.

In any case, I'm all for killing efficiently, within reason. When your uber-meta build denies gameplay to the rest of the squad, it's too much. Making groups specifically to avoid these meta strategies is indicative of how obnoxious they are to other players. The majority of players should not have to work around the group of players that wants to play at maximum efficiency (why can't they make their own groups instead of imposing their will on public matches? I guess that require mores effort than just spamming throw/jump/alt-fire).

In short, QYBS. It's a broken strategy that has only recently-ish come into the spotlight due to Aviator being rebuffed, Sancti Castanas receiving a buff, and ESO being released (admittedly with a horrid efficiency mechanic). It has not "existed for years", and it makes the game non-enjoyable for other players (simply getting rewards does not constitute enjoyment, playing the game is the intended vehicle for fun. If you just want rewards, go player a cookie-clicker, which is what Nuke-Trinity has boiled down to).

Edited by Magneu

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

It's the fault of Elite Onslaught.  If you don't bring Trinity (Nuke or EV to support her) you're wasting your team's time.

Zone 8 is achievable even solo with many frames. Trinity is far from a requirement, she just keeps efficiency high til then. Passing Zone 8 with 95% or 20% efficiency is the same thing (far more efficient to leave/re-run at eight than continue to 16, anyway).

i dont see many using this build even though now its all over youtube.. i had it made soon after it was possible but now i feel like a scrub. i just really dont like being the meta and following the crowd.

Edited by Talinthis