The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's the Warframe Movie?

E-N-E-R-G-Y

I don't, because video game movies are almost invariably complete garbage.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

Directed by Uwe Boll.

please no...

He's retired from filmmaking, fortunately.

1 - Video game movies are usually terrible

2 - What makes warframe's lore interesting is the fact that it's mysterious and you have to fill in the Blanks. Hollywood is all about origin stories and explaining every single little detail.

3 - Waframes are essentially mute... They would make bad protagonists. Unless they want to spoil the twist and hire child actors in a strange movie about transferrence.

All in all, it would proably do what it does to all video game franchises "Making the game look worse by association with the terribad movies".

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Warframe is basically Clone Wars (old SW canon with zombie Geonosians-Infested, Clone army-Grineer, Separatists-Corpus)+Avatar (frames, obv.)+Dr. Who (Ordis, Limbo, the Dalek-like Warframes and Sentients), the movie.

2 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Warframe is basically Clone Wars (old SW canon with zombie Geonosians-Infested, Clone army-Grineer, Separatists-Corpus)+Avatar (frames, obv.)+Dr. Who (Ordis, Limbo, the Dalek-like Warframes and Sentients)

+ Evangelion (troubled kids piloting biomechanical war machines)

Edited by Guest

So... most people's argument to why there isn't a warframe movie or why they dont want a warframe movie is... "because most video game movies are bad"? Seriously, can't you people come up with something better? First of all there's no movie about warframe because the game still needs more popularity. Even though it's one of the best games and one of the most played in steam... it still lacks publicity. You don't see many Warframe adds out there in the street. You see stuff like God of War, Call of Duty... and even freaking Destiny. You see, even though Destiny is TERRIBLE compared to Warframe (actually it is terrible compared to anything), it has more publicity than Warframe. Second, to make a Warframe movie you need a story, of course Warframe has a lot of lore to work with and make a movie... but where do you start? How to make it as good on the big screen as it is in the actual game? Would the aim be to make warframe players like it, or make everyone like it (even non players, regular people out there)? How much money would be required to make a big project like that and make it of good quiality? Who would be in charge of the project, and I mean... REALLY  in charge of the project, making the decisions... DE or some Hollywood studio? If DE was in charge... I know they'd make a master piece. But do they have the resources and/or the motivation? So yeah... those are the real questions and the reasons. And yes, I'd LOVE to see a warframe movie one day.

21 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Please provide a single example of a movie based on a video game that wasn't unwatchable trash.

I'll wait.

FF Spirits Within, Prince Of Persia, Silent Hill and the first Resident Evil were enjoyable. Calling them good would probably be too generous but they kept me entertained.

Then again, I haven't actually played any of the games so my opinion lacks the fan perspective.

Edited by Guest

I think it'd be great. It'd be seven hours long and follow a team of four warframes who are on a mission to find a particular item. In the end they don't find it. 

Halfway through an annoying kid character would be introduced who nobody likes but they have to put up with anyway. 

I mean a game is already an interactive movie, it's like a movie but better.

I liked the Resident Evil movies btw. except the last two, they started to show the storyline isn't going anywhere, guess that's why there will be no more RE movies, it had potential.

They could have made an interesting prequel about the founding and backstory of Umbrella but the last movies were more of generic action movies, shame.