Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

On 2018-08-06 at 9:13 AM, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

tl;dr: Revenant has a copy/paste but slightly better passive of another frame, that's boring, please give him a copy/paste but alightly better passive of a different frame, which would be interesting and exciting because... reasons.

Inaros turns into a coffin and automatically leeches health with a beam, my idea is for Revenant to spawn as a full-fledged ethereal form and manually get a kill. Same idea, different execution, as opposed to what he has now which is a somewhat different idea from Nekros but with the same boring execution.

• 2 weeks later...

Revenant is a Vampire frame right?

can you put wings on him like this pic, also give him a long aim glide effect when he bullet jumps.. if not make it a syndana, and let everyone who equips it have a long aim glide effect from jumps. Thank you!

patrick-johnson-vampire-raziel-reveal-wi

Let it also fold when he is just standing

21702e96c0a4a48f6f80637aea9763df.jpg

^_^

Edited by (PS4)jedion

you never know, when i ask for more metalic back then people say impossible because DE has to completely redo their engine. but here we are lots of metalic frames and skin, thanks DE for answering my prayer. also manticor skin is a cosmetic with an added damage, after arcane helm.

Edited by (PS4)jedion

1 minute ago, (PS4)jedion said:

you never know, when i ask for more metalic back then they say DE has to completely redo their engine. but here we are lots of metalic frames and skin, thanks DE for answering my prayer. also manticor skin is a cosmetic with an added damage, after arcane helm.

touche

I wasn't around when those items were first introduced, but we haven't gotten cosmetic buffs since for a reason.

So I tuned in for Devstream #115 live, because I'm excited for the Revenant warframe. I'm a huge fan of petmaster/summoner playstyles. The more minions I can have in my arsenal, the happier I'm gonna be! When I learned of Revenant's abilities to enthrall enemies who can then enthrall others into his control (up to a maximum of 20), it immediately got my attention. Sure, he may have to deal with teammates wiping them almost instantly, but that's why he had 20 as a limit and they can enthrall other enemies on hit. I was excited to have another frame that deals with minions.

That was until I saw today's devstream.

It's hard for me to point out exactly where it was mentioned, but it happened sometime in the early attempt at showing off the new Elite Alert system. I distinctly heard "maximum of four" mentioned in regards to Revenant's minions. That concerns me. I admit that having 20 minions may be a bit excessive (8-10 would've been fine), but cutting that down to 1/5 of what it used to be sounds just awful. I also didn't see them enthralling other enemies either, all of them seemed to be coming directly from Revenant's actions instead.

His Enthrall mechanics has great potential to introduce another petmaster/summoner into the game, but if he has such a small cap to his minions and they don't get some damage reduction from other players' attacks, this is going to be a wasted opportunity

You scared me, I immediately went to find the passage.
And I found it.
When Rebecca says she has "a maximum of 4 right now", look at the icon on the top right, with a counter of 4 I think it's the counter of controled ennemies, it goes down to 3, then goes back to 4, then goes to 5. So the maximum is not 4.
It would therefore be possible for the maximum to be dependent on something dynamic, such as the energy we have in reserve.
His passive have changed, it's no longer a life steal proportional to the energy that we have, it has become a blast when our shields fall to 0, so the energy in reserve mechanics has maybe been taken to manage the maximum number of ennemies under our control.
But I can be wrong on this..

Edited by Azvalk

39 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

His Enthrall mechanics has great potential to introduce another petmaster/summoner into the game, but if he has such a small cap to his minions and they don't get some damage reduction from other players' attacks, this is going to be a wasted opportunity

The thing about Revenent's thralls is that they're supposed to be sacrificial pawns, not buffed minions. When one dies, another can create a new one by damaging a new enemy, so you'll get 4 quite quickly and be able to farm them for health, shields, and even kill them off with your 4 for overshields and damage traps for enemies to run into.

Enemies under Enthrall may die to other players' attacks, but they're supposed to ^^ You can also get more thralls for free if they actually damage you while you have your Mesmer Armour active. So there's rarely going to be a situation where you can't actually just pick up free casts of the ability to restock a little.

But personally i'm worried about his new passive..
An aoe knockdown when shields fall to 0 ?

I think, if your shields drop to zero, with this warframe, it's because you have a serious ennemy around, i doubt that a little knockdown would do a signifiquant difference..
I would prefer, a serious knockdown, with a 20 m range and a magnetic effect, even if it has a cooldown of 30 sec xD

41 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I'm more concerned that he doesn't arrive with his signature melee weapon.. 😞

I'm wondering if Revenant Bundle will not include the 2-handed Nikana as the purchase and then appear in inventory when it is added to the game or if they will hold-off on Marketplace Revenant Bundle until Melee 3.0 is ready.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I'm wondering if Revenant Bundle will not include the 2-handed Nikana as the purchase and then appear in inventory when it is added to the game or if they will hold-off on Marketplace Revenant Bundle until Melee 3.0 is ready.

Inb4 preorder in Warframe xD 

Though I don’t get why they won’t wait and ship them together? 🤔

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

Inb4 preorder in Warframe xD 

Though I don’t get why they won’t wait and ship them together? 🤔

They don't need to wait to technically ship them together as they can always write a script to reward/refund the weapon into players' inventories.

Like when Kubrow Prime cosmetics were part of the Prime Access rather than Prime Accessories. - Then DE decided they should be part of the Prime Accessories, so they let a script add those mentioned cosmetics to all owners of the Prime Accessories bundle.

With Revenant it would be a little weird to not offer the full Bundle Pack when the frame is placed in the game, only to release the Bundle later. So it would be easier to release bundle at same Revenant game debut and then just script-rectify the Melee weapon to bundle purchasers. Only because it seems so heavily tied to Melee 3.0.

I'm personally just really sad to see his 4th ability damage and his "shotgun" being a tickle laser along with no katana, this devstream has really killed my hype. also in regards to his minions, he needs them to make the eidolon mines so if they reduce the thrall count that much then the mines wont be used as much either.

1 minute ago, PolarFall said:

I'm personally just really sad to see his 4th ability damage and his "shotgun" being a tickle laser along with no katana, this devstream has really killed my hype. also in regards to his minions, he needs them to make the eidolon mines so if they reduce the thrall count that much then the mines wont be used as much either.

what was wrong with his 4th ability damage? It scales with incoming fire and was taking out lvl 100s.

7 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

what was wrong with his 4th ability damage? It scales with incoming fire and was taking out lvl 100s.

The amount of enemies it killed over the entirety was extremely bad, having his only damage ability do less than almost every weapon in the game is not what I would call good damage.

5 minutes ago, PolarFall said:

The amount of enemies it killed over the entirety was extremely bad, having his only damage ability do less than almost every weapon in the game is not what I would call good damage.

Hard to say, couldn't see the energy drain rate or how much power strength was on the frame. It was modded yes, but no idea of the build type. Testing will have to be done next week.

and again, lvl 100 type enemies. I can think of many weapons that perform far worse than that with good builds at that level.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

1 hour ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Hard to say, couldn't see the energy drain rate or how much power strength was on the frame. It was modded yes, but no idea of the build type. Testing will have to be done next week.

and again, lvl 100 type enemies. I can think of many weapons that perform far worse than that with good builds at that level.

2 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

So I reviewed the footage.

Minus the G3 all the enemies were below level 100. The only mission enemy that passed 90 was the special butcher (level 93) Reb had to capture.

The highest one I've seen besides those was a level 86 Elite Lancer.

There were no Bombards/Napalms or Heavy Gunners as far as I can tell.

Only Elite Lancers, Butchers, Elite Troopers and the shield bash guys. (Maybs Scorpions and Ballistas too)

These enemies have very low armor compared to heavy units. So they were technically just fodder a spin2win melee (currently) could have taken care of. (Or most non melee weapons with proper modding)

So yeah Im not impressed by the damage as shown so far.

7 hours ago, Azvalk said:

But personally i'm worried about his new passive..
An aoe knockdown when shields fall to 0 ?

I think, if your shields drop to zero, with this warframe, it's because you have a serious ennemy around, i doubt that a little knockdown would do a signifiquant difference..
I would prefer, a serious knockdown, with a 20 m range and a magnetic effect, even if it has a cooldown of 30 sec xD

*Cries in Nova's passive*

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ZeroSection said:

Black sheep opinion:  I'll be really happy if his Eidolon laser show doesn't become another Press4ToWin button.  We've got enough of those already.

I'm of the same opinion. I see Revenant as a potential petmaster (hence my thread), not another DPS frame that delete entire rooms with a button press.