Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

23 hours ago, (PS4)Glaive13 said:

I think a Kamehameha would be good for Vlads 4th ability, like the Gauntalysts pillar of light but he shoots it out of his hands. A quick animation to start it off something like Chroma when cast his armor, then Nidus casting Larva, but he aims it slowly at first like the grineer turrets. Slowly the turning speed ramp up as the size, damage, and energy costs do.

I loved his first ability but thought it would fit better on Nyx, so I think he should summon up 2 Vomvaulysts instead. Maybe they provide him with extra shields, more charges, or health regen when he has his 2nd ability on, they charge and knockdown his targets when he uses his 3rd ability, and shoot their own lasers when he shoots his laser.

Well, the Eidolons all have that Laser cannon arm, could the Laser 4 pull out an energy cannon to blast enemies with? Hey, if its using Vomalyst, maybe allow them to restore his invulnerable Eidolon shields while powering up to shoot Opticor blasts.

15 minutes ago, Eidolor said:

August for Vlad then Solaris sometime around October if I heard the last devstream correctly.

Yea maybe but if last week we did have devstream so this week we are not geting and they said they will show new melee and its coming with new vlad frame... then we can see that on next week in devstream all that and then on the week after that maybe we can get new frame.... so probably its like in the end of the August... 🤔

Edited by Vlada91

((gonna repost this here since this seems like a more relevant place to leave it))

So after seeing the updates to Vlad's abilities during dev stream 113 I really started to feel the eidolon vibes from him, however one ability I felt was a bit off was his 3rd ability that let's him turn into mist to regain health and shields from his infected minions he passes through. Now my idea when seeing this was "Huh, what if he could summon little vomvalyst's that can leech health from his minions like how the eidolon gains shield?" and so that is exactly what I would adore to see from him and Vlad would hands down become my new favorite warframe if he could summons vomv's instead of misting.

PS: Vomvalyst sentinal should also become a thing, those ghosty sentients are adorable.

•  

Overall I'm really happy with Revenant's kit as seen in the new devstream, assuming the damage on his 4 scales appropriately to higher levels. But I noticed that the icon on his ui seemed to be from the same energy-scaling lifesteal passive from the initial concept. This feels really weak, because 1- it's just Nekros' passive but with scaling, 2- Revenant already has a lifesteal ability. Please consider giving him something more interesting and exciting.

My suggestion: When Revenant is downed, he briefly enters a spectral form, like a Vomvalyst, for 2 seconds. Killing an enemy during this period resurrects him with a small amount of health and a few seconds of invulnerability. Similar to Inaros' passive, but useful, simple (from the player's perspective) and befitting the ghost/eidolon theme.

From my response in another thread ^

Since Revenant is Sentient hybrid(?)

Void would be "poison" to him by default, but that would mean Revenant would not be able to visit Void Tileset nor benfit from Operator Focus abilities.

So I guess part of his passive would be Void immunity, thus allowing Revenant to go to the Void and receive Operator Void Dash, Blast, Mode buffs like: Energizing Dash; Protective Dash; Void Chrysalis, etcetera

21 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

From my response in another thread ^

Since Revenant is Sentient hybrid(?)

Void would be "poison" to him by default, but that would mean Revenant would not be able to visit Void Tileset nor benfit from Operator Focus abilities.

So I guess part of his passive would be Void immunity, thus allowing Revenant to go to the Void and receive Operator Void Dash, Blast, Mode buffs like: Energizing Dash; Protective Dash; Void Chrysalis, etcetera

But see, he shouldn't need a passive to be able to facilitate a core gameplay mechanic. Plus making a Sentient frame a hybrid is impossible since, like us, they are immune to the infestation, as said by Onkko.

10 hours ago, Atsia said:

Plus making a Sentient frame a hybrid is impossible since, like us, they are immune to the infestation, as said by Onkko.

Shadow Stalker and Acolytes are near Sentient/Infested Warframe Hybrids.

Thought the physical Sentient armor could be their source of adapative resistance.

Shadow Stalker still has been imbued with Battalyst Laser Prism attack.

Also in 2nd Dream Hunhow was deploying Shadowy Infested units and prior to that Stolen Dreams Arcane Machine seemed to activate Arcane Boilers when Hunhow's message was played.

In terms of the core game mechanic : I agree it shouldn't be needed to allow or bring reason as to why Revenant can function like a normal Warframe.

Although it does bring to question whether or not Umbra can be Grustrag captured with Grustrag Bolt. Can Umbra be captured by Zanuka Hunter? I mean just complicates the lore behind it.

Eidolon Sentient Warframe just breaks things with Void being poison to Sentients and Sentients being immune to Technocyte. Although our Operators are immune to Infestation and somehow we still can here Helminth dialogue in Operator form when Armor has degraded in Infested Salvage. (Also in defunct Jordas Verdict Trial)*

Revenant being a Quill's Frame would be the easy way to alllow. (Sentient cannot be joined with infestation except for this example)*

I wonder if adapative armor resistance would work better as a passive, but only being capable of adapative to a damage type at 90/60/30% health marker. With healing above the health trigger removing the damage type resistance.

1 damage type resisted as below 90%, 2 Max damage types resisted below 60%, and 3 Max damage types resisted when health is below 30%.

Would work for tying the passive to be more Sentient-like and healing above those health markers would cleanse damage resistances.

Sort-of getting more defensive even with health loss.

3 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Shadow Stalker and Acolytes are near Sentient/Infested Warframe Hybrids.

Thought the physical Sentient armor could be their source of adapative resistance.

Shadow Stalker still has been imbued with Battalyst Laser Prism attack.

Also in 2nd Dream Hunhow was deploying Shadowy Infested units and prior to that Stolen Dreams Arcane Machine seemed to activate Arcane Boilers when Hunhow's message was played.

In terms of the core game mechanic : I agree it shouldn't be needed to allow or bring reason as to why Revenant can function like a normal Warframe.

Although it does bring to question whether or not Umbra can be Grustrag captured with Grustrag Bolt. Can Umbra be captured by Zanuka Hunter? I mean just complicates the lore behind it.

Eidolon Sentient Warframe just breaks things with Void being poison to Sentients and Sentients being immune to Technocyte. Although our Operators are immune to Infestation and somehow we still can here Helminth dialogue in Operator form when Armor has degraded in Infested Salvage. (Also in defunct Jordas Verdict Trial)*

Revenant being a Quill's Frame would be the easy way to alllow. (Sentient cannot be joined with infestation except for this example)*

I wonder if adapative armor resistance would work better as a passive, but only being capable of adapative to a damage type at 90/60/30% health marker. With healing above the health trigger removing the damage type resistance.

1 damage type resisted as below 90%, 2 Max damage types resisted below 60%, and 3 Max damage types resisted when health is below 30%.

Would work for tying the passive to be more Sentient-like and healing above those health markers would cleanse damage resistances.

Well for the operator thing, we're just immune to getting infested, it can still talk to us, as seen with Lephantis and Phorid. Also, i don't think it's helminth that talks to you in the salvage missions, and only stalker has gotten as sentient ability add-on. And is there any reason why Umbra wouldn't be able to be captured by Zanuka or Guatrag, i don't think his different transference bolt would make him that different.

Problem I have with Revenant so far is his 4th laser animation. I don't mean to be offensive or biggoted or those kinds of things, it's just... I don't expect my warframe sentient murdermachine demigod to spin around like a male ballerina. It's.... honestly quite offputting.

On 2018-08-04 at 12:29 AM, atejas said:

Overall I'm really happy with Revenant's kit as seen in the new devstream, assuming the damage on his 4 scales appropriately to higher levels. But I noticed that the icon on his ui seemed to be from the same energy-scaling lifesteal passive from the initial concept. This feels really weak, because 1- it's just Nekros' passive but with scaling, 2- Revenant already has a lifesteal ability. Please consider giving him something more interesting and exciting.

My suggestion: When Revenant is downed, he briefly enters a spectral form, like a Vomvalyst, for 2 seconds. Killing an enemy during this period resurrects him with a small amount of health and a few seconds of invulnerability. Similar to Inaros' passive, but useful, simple (from the player's perspective) and befitting the ghost/eidolon theme.

tl;dr: Revenant has a copy/paste but slightly better passive of another frame, that's boring, please give him a copy/paste but alightly better passive of a different frame, which would be interesting and exciting because... reasons.

Edited by (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy

The more I think about Vlad, the more I think they need to outright DROP the Revenant/Vampire theme and focus completely on making him work off the Eidolon theme that's inspiring his aesthetics. Some people in this thread want the reverse, but as they've already designed the frame's appearance, and his signature weapon, it's too late to take that option.

Especially that whole mind control thing. That doesn't feel like an eidolon power. The armor works, even the mist form kinda works (Vomvalyst with their spectral form), and now they have a laser light show (which feels over-the-top, but certainly works for eidolon theme).

I'm still wondering why they didn't give him some kind of super-shield ability, or toss in spammable seeking bullets (those flares he shoots up, and then launches bullets at players...). Why no ground smash with homing quakes? Why doesn't he have some sort of "Scream" ability?
Frankly, instead of his laser light show, I think it'd be more fun if he made energy rain down on enemies from above in a large radius, like when the Teralyst fires his gun straight up. Or they could have him do a massive energy pulse of magnetic damage, like when we break a Synovia.

If they're gonna make an eidolon warframe, they should seriously pull more inspiration directly from the eidolons, and then they can devote a warframe more cohesively to the idea of a revenant or vampire.
(and dammit they still have to explain how we have a warframe using sentient stuff to begin with - the wiki makes it sound like sentient energy has cursed him, and describes him as "blighted" which I guess is where they got the Revenant idea from)

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

The more I think about Vlad, the more I think they need to outright DROP the Revenant/Vampire theme and focus completely on making him work off the Eidolon theme that's inspiring his aesthetics. (and dammit they still have to explain how we have a warframe using sentient stuff to begin with - the wiki makes it sound like sentient energy has cursed him, and describes him as "blighted")

Especially that whole mind control thing. That doesn't feel like an eidolon power. The armor works, even the mist form kinda works (Vomvalyst with their spectral form), and now they have a laser light show (which feels over-the-top, but certainly works for eidolon theme).

I'm still wondering why they didn't give him some kind of super-shield ability, or toss in spammable seeking bullets (those flares he shoots up, and then launches bullets at players...). Why no ground smash with homing quakes? Why doesn't he have some sort of "Scream" ability?
Frankly, instead of his laser light show, I think it'd be more fun if he made energy rain down on enemies from above in a large radius, like when the Teralyst fires his gun straight up. Or they could have him do a massive energy pulse of magnetic damage, like when we break a Synovia.

If they're gonna make an eidolon warframe, they should seriously pull more inspiration directly from the eidolons, and then they can devote a warframe more cohesively to the idea of a revenant or vampire.

Sentients could turn allied tech against its users so maybe when paired with a warframe it got upgraded biologically.

Also it occurs to me Vlad could be a warframe based on sentient technology left over from before they went rouge, they are machines after all and machines like that have prototypes.

6 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Also it occurs to me Vlad could be a warframe based on sentient technology left over from before they went rouge, they are machines after all and machines like that have prototypes.

Well I'm starting to think that Vlad might have been a soldier who was killed, or else horribly injured, by Sentient energy, and then given the Helminth strain - and the result was a warframe that was able to use Sentient energy to fight back. That would actually fit in with their "revenant" theme.

I still don't like how they're working to squish revenant and eidolon together into one frame, though. It's making for a unique powerset, I just feel like it's a disservice to what the revenant/vampire theme COULD be in a Warframe.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Nekros gains health from killing enemies. Vlad will gain health from hurting then. Vlad passive better. 

Rhino has heavy landing, valkyr is immune to high fall impact. Valkyr has better passive. 

It works, and it has been done before. My only gripe is the laser spin. It should be more of 'throw orb up that fired laser', but it's still a decent animation. 

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

The more I think about Vlad, the more I think they need to outright DROP the Revenant/Vampire theme and focus completely on making him work off the Eidolon theme that's inspiring his aesthetics. Some people in this thread want the reverse, but as they've already designed the frame's appearance, and his signature weapon, it's too late to take that option.

(and dammit they still have to explain how we have a warframe using sentient stuff to begin with - the wiki makes it sound like sentient energy has cursed him, and describes him as "blighted" which I guess is where they got the Revenant idea from)

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

(...)
I still don't like how they're working to squish revenant and eidolon together into one frame, though. It's making for a unique powerset, I just feel like it's a disservice to what the revenant/vampire theme COULD be in a Warframe.

This, many times over. I don't feel like he's much of a sentient/eidolon themed frame with his current 1 and 3. The mind control is pretty out of place on him and the mist would be more comparable to the vomvalyst if it were more "energy ghost" than "wave of mist".

I get that frames can have multiple inspirations and convergent themes--But that's just it: I don't think these themes converge enough. That and the sentient theme carries a lot of weight (IMO). Like you said, it's a disservice to such a unique theme/concept.

Really starting to feel like he would also have a more unique power set if they went all in on the sentient theme and moved the Vampire stuff over to "Garuda" or an entirely new frame.

19 hours ago, Atsia said:

Well for the operator thing, we're just immune to getting infested, it can still talk to us, as seen with Lephantis and Phorid. Also, i don't think it's helminth that talks to you in the salvage missions, and only stalker has gotten as sentient ability add-on. And is there any reason why Umbra wouldn't be able to be captured by Zanuka or Guatrag, i don't think his different transference bolt would make him that different.

Lots of mission spoilers and not Revenant related so reponse is in spoiler:

Zanuka or Alad capturing Umbra wouldn't make sense due to basically force the Operator Transference to end. Where a player could decide to leave that frame behind and continue other missions with a different frame and weapon loadout.

Umbra being more-independent would result in him fighting his own way out. (That is how I see it.)

Grustrag Bolt limiting Operator Transference, should also not apply to Umbra as Umbra seems to not be Void-Powered. Due to Orokin/Helminth hybrid. So his Excalibur-like abilities are not centered around Void Transference. (Just like Umbra being set loose in Queens Chamber in War With-in would seem like an Auto win for the player and miscalculation on the Queens.) (2nd Dream would be another quest oddity, where I don't feel Umbra would have stood there and been stabbed nor do I feel Umbra would have carried the Operator and instead would of just done "his thing".)

I assumed it was Helminth that infected/assimilated with Jordas as the voice sounded identical when Armor degraded in Jordas Verdict and Helminth spoke in Infested Room. Infested Salvage was using the exact same visual and audio effects from Jordas Verdict Trial. Down to the same anti-serum injector mechanics, being able to clear away/restore stability from the infested infection on Warframes. Just was weird that if you let Armor degradation drop to 0% and then decide to use Operator, it would appear like the same instability was applied to the Operator. As-if your Tenno was now infected, even though you posses immunity.

Shouldn't exiting the Warframe cease the growing Infestation on the Warframe? So that the Operator is free and clear of infested communication.

A lot of these nuances could be oversights from before Operator and Umbra mechanics were thought to be a part of the game. Which makes sense from a logical point-of-view and not that there is intentional lore-breaking mechanics.

17 hours ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

tl;dr: Revenant has a copy/paste but slightly better passive of another frame, that's boring, please give him a copy/paste but alightly better passive of a different frame, which would be interesting and exciting because... reasons.

Would this be better suited as a unique passive:

23 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

10 hours ago, Axtremulus said:

This, many times over. I don't feel like he's much of a sentient/eidolon themed frame with his current 1 and 3. The mind control is pretty out of place on him and the mist would be more comparable to the vomvalyst if it were more "energy ghost" than "wave of mist".

Fully agree on that note. It kinda works, it's just a bit off. I feel like it'd be fine if the rest of the kit was fully eidolon themed. They're also giving him a passive, according to the wiki, that grants him innate lifesteal based on his remaining Energy. Which again doesn't feel very "eidolon" to me.
Meanwhile, the "Sentient Pact" armor and the laser spinning 4th don't feel like revenant or vampire abilities.

Garuda being the more vampire themed frame would work pretty well just because they want to theme her around "gore" but that wouldn't fit the mythology she's based on too well (something about a mythical bird-god and a perfect warrior). I'd rather they come up with a whole new revenant/vampire frame for a base concept - toss mind control and sleep on a different frame, IMO!

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Well my worries with him is going to be the minion skill. I can already see a S#&$storm brewing. Just like with Limbo, Nyx or Nekros. People are going to be annoyed and confused by the fact that they see an enemy run around and they try to kill it but it wont work. Also the minions will stop the spawn of new waves in defense missions aslong they are alive. I hope DE keeps this in mind and does something about it.
Also the lasershow and spinning animation looks rather stupid. Something like Spawns lightning would be way cooler. Lightning that arcs from enemy to enemy.

spawn-3.jpg

1 minute ago, Papragu said:

Well my worries with him is going to be the minion skill. I can already see a S#&$storm brewing. Just like with Limbo, Nyx or Nekros. People are going to be annoyed and confused by the fact that they see an enemy run around and they try to kill it but it wont work. Also the minions will stop the spawn of new waves in defense missions aslong they are alive. I hope DE keeps this in mind and does something about it.
Also the lasershow and spinning animation looks rather stupid. Something like Spawns lightning would be way cooler. Lightning that arcs from enemy to enemy.

spawn-3.jpg

Revenant minions are not immune to friendly fire, they are designed to die.

On 2018-08-03 at 11:49 PM, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Literally all of Inaros's abilities contain lifesteal in one form or another, and you're complaining that Revenant frame has 2?

True, but inaros has 4k health. His whole kit is essentially based on keeping himself alive, with a few small aspects of Cc in there. Revenant is not inaros, we really dont need another inaros. Personally I think it would be cool if he had a damage reduction ability, similar to how sentients gain damage resistance to damage types used against them.