Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

13 minutes ago, Ocerkin said:

how is he not a tank? nearly his entire kit is about mitigating or healing damage to himself in some fashion or another? what world isnt he meant to be seen as tanky?

He doesn't seem to be a tank because his survivability seems to be removed in a few taps and both times he was showed off, he got downed easily unless higher level than the opponents by a significant margin. I will be interested if he has the kind of durability one needs to be able to spin unprotected in front of enemies easily able to deplete 1000 hp with 300 armor or less in seconds; as without that, his move-set seems to energy needy to really be effective for the benefit shown. Seems sorta medium durability, with little benefits and a spinning damage move that didn't seem to do damage to the kind of enemies you might need a spinning damage move that needs to kill to get its shield boost.

Just now, Madway7 said:

Thinking about it suppose he is a tank. 

Just not one that relies on health, which is what I mean makes his original passive bad.

i fully agree the original passive made no sense with his kit, if you play him correctly you should have your skin up at all times, hopefully theyll make that easier rather than us having to stop and cast constantly cause thatll get old quick...

i wish the devstream would get into the habit of showing us their build or letting us know its unmodded so we can get some clue as to what they are showing off instead of keeping it some great mystery

Just now, Ocerkin said:

i fully agree the original passive made no sense with his kit, if you play him correctly you should have your skin up at all times, hopefully theyll make that easier rather than us having to stop and cast constantly cause thatll get old quick...

i wish the devstream would get into the habit of showing us their build or letting us know its unmodded so we can get some clue as to what they are showing off instead of keeping it some great mystery

I think the mod load-out being shown would be a perfect idea to give an idea of the warframe's scaling and basic viability

4 minutes ago, Ocerkin said:

Yeah its why I made the suggestion of his 3 resetting or giving charges based on amount of enemies hit.

Some people did reach out to ask for the builds, but they refused to give them for whatever reason.

Maybe they often use unreleased mods that are still being tested?

3 hours ago, Urlan said:

He doesn't seem to be a tank because his survivability seems to be removed in a few taps and both times he was showed off, he got downed easily unless higher level than the opponents by a significant margin. I will be interested if he has the kind of durability one needs to be able to spin unprotected in front of enemies easily able to deplete 1000 hp with 300 armor or less in seconds; as without that, his move-set seems to energy needy to really be effective for the benefit shown. Seems sorta medium durability, with little benefits and a spinning damage move that didn't seem to do damage to the kind of enemies you might need a spinning damage move that needs to kill to get its shield boost.

Essentially his tankiness is restricted to his 2, which works like Iron Skin only with charges instead of giving an additional health pool.

In the devstreams he died because let's be honest. Reb isn't a good player. Though that can be mostly contributed to the fact that she's talking to other people while playing the game, constantly trying to be aware of what is said or be done while also keeping in mind that they have other topics to move on to.

Also he was likely poorly modded, can't know for sure, but it seems to usually be the case.

For us, you just have to keep his 2 up at all times just like you would try to keep up Iron Skin on Rhino. (Assuming you didn't go straight for the ultra iron skin)

Edited by Madway7

54 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Essentially his tankiness is restricted to his 2, which works like Iron Skin only with charges instead of giving an additional health pool.

In the devstreams he died because let's be honest. Reb isn't a good player. Though that can be mostly contributed to the fact that she's talking to other people while playing the game, constantly trying to be aware of what is said or be done while also keeping in mind that they have other topics to move on to.

Also he was likely poorly modded, can't know for sure, but it seems to usually be the case.

For us, you just have to keep his 2 up at all times just like you would try to keep up Iron Skin on Rhino. (Assuming you didn't go straight for the ultra iron skin)

From Rebecca's description of the move, it seemed to work more similarly to Health Conversion but with damage resistance instead of armor giving protection per charges which deplete upon being hit, and being able to be put back up from recast. The major use seemed to be some kind of stun or stagger if enemies hit you during this time. Since his abilities seem to enable shields to fit with the Eidolon theme, perhaps having immunity to non-void damage or an Oberon like weakness to Iron would be more in theme while making it tanky truly? Honestly, having Eidolon shields would be too much, but perhaps having a short duration of such protection would be fine if that is what the defensive move is supposed to cover.

50 minutes ago, Urlan said:

From Rebecca's description of the move, it seemed to work more similarly to Health Conversion but with damage resistance instead of armor giving protection per charges which deplete upon being hit, and being able to be put back up from recast. The major use seemed to be some kind of stun or stagger if enemies hit you during this time. Since his abilities seem to enable shields to fit with the Eidolon theme, perhaps having immunity to non-void damage or an Oberon like weakness to Iron would be more in theme while making it tanky truly? Honestly, having Eidolon shields would be too much, but perhaps having a short duration of such protection would be fine if that is what the defensive move is supposed to cover.

Went back to look and it seems to completely negate damage as long as its active.

Though since I didn't want to go through the entire thing again I only reviewed like a minute of footage.

It showed:

Casting before starting survival

Not taking any damage until a few seconds in. Before recasting receiving a slash proc and having almost no shields.

Post casting slash proc stopped reducing health despite having 3s left on the timer, and shields getting restored despite being shot at.

So yeah, 100% DR.

Not as great as Iron skin since it doesn't seem to give status immunity, but it should work assuming the numbers are there.

5 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Went back to look and it seems to completely negate damage as long as its active.

Though since I didn't want to go through the entire thing again I only reviewed like a minute of footage.

It showed:

Casting before starting survival

Not taking any damage until a few seconds in. Before recasting receiving a slash proc and having almost no shields.

Post casting slash proc stopped reducing health despite having 3s left on the timer, and shields getting restored despite being shot at.

So yeah, 100% DR.

Not as great as Iron skin since it doesn't seem to give status immunity, but it should work assuming the numbers are there.

Thank you then for your hardship, still doesn't seem to give Rebecca very much durability in that fight, nor last a complete spin with sortie level enemies fighting her; but perhaps complete invulnerability to damage can be something. Not being tanky of course, but something to improve the strange warframe's lifespan.

I want to start this off by saying [DE] is really doing a great job by keeping the game more fun to play every day , I love revenant abilities they are all great but is not unique at all their are so many frame that can do the abilities that he have , I was just thinking today  if (DE) will change the third ability instead of mind controlling enemys he could just possess any target  enemy and then take control, he will  just be inside him till energy runs out or the enemy died.

this ideal was do to his a sentinel Warframe, and with what I understand so for  sentinels is more like a ghost that possesse XD stuff  that just my idea .

Edited by ndubuisis

3 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

Second, i think it's too late to change revenant's abilities since he's supposed to come this week.

Yep! 

Expecting him later today or tomorrow. There's a low chance they'll do it on friday because then they can't pump out bug fixes during the weekend. Worst case scenario; they release him next week and probably spend the rest of this week ironing him out

On 2018-08-04 at 5:29 AM, atejas said:

Overall I'm really happy with Revenant's kit as seen in the new devstream, assuming the damage on his 4 scales appropriately to higher levels. But I noticed that the icon on his ui seemed to be from the same energy-scaling lifesteal passive from the initial concept. This feels really weak, because 1- it's just Nekros' passive but with scaling, 2- Revenant already has a lifesteal ability. Please consider giving him something more interesting and exciting.

My suggestion: When Revenant is downed, he briefly enters a spectral form, like a Vomvalyst, for 2 seconds. Killing an enemy during this period resurrects him with a small amount of health and a few seconds of invulnerability. Similar to Inaros' passive, but useful, simple (from the player's perspective) and befitting the ghost/eidolon theme.

the passive would be cool but we well see what is passive he has no and if it is useful.

On 2018-08-17 at 1:37 PM, Pizzarugi said:

So I tuned in for Devstream #115 live, because I'm excited for the Revenant warframe. I'm a huge fan of petmaster/summoner playstyles. The more minions I can have in my arsenal, the happier I'm gonna be! When I learned of Revenant's abilities to enthrall enemies who can then enthrall others into his control (up to a maximum of 20), it immediately got my attention. Sure, he may have to deal with teammates wiping them almost instantly, but that's why he had 20 as a limit and they can enthrall other enemies on hit. I was excited to have another frame that deals with minions.

That was until I saw today's devstream.

It's hard for me to point out exactly where it was mentioned, but it happened sometime in the early attempt at showing off the new Elite Alert system. I distinctly heard "maximum of four" mentioned in regards to Revenant's minions. That concerns me. I admit that having 20 minions may be a bit excessive (8-10 would've been fine), but cutting that down to 1/5 of what it used to be sounds just awful. I also didn't see them enthralling other enemies either, all of them seemed to be coming directly from Revenant's actions instead.

His Enthrall mechanics has great potential to introduce another petmaster/summoner into the game, but if he has such a small cap to his minions and they don't get some damage reduction from other players' attacks, this is going to be a wasted opportunity

Well, I wasn't wrong. Revenant can still only control 4 thralls.

Needless to say, I'm kinda disappointed.

On 2018-08-05 at 4:41 PM, Acersecomic said:

Problem I have with Revenant so far is his 4th laser animation. I don't mean to be offensive or biggoted or those kinds of things, it's just... I don't expect my warframe sentient murdermachine demigod to spin around like a male ballerina. It's.... honestly quite offputting.

You must not have fought many Batalysts/Conculysts.

Allthey do is spin spin spin no matter what.

On 2018-08-20 at 11:43 AM, Atsia said:

I've acknowledged that, I'm just waiting to see how the quest will justify his existence

It has already been explained that we can channel void energy through sentient parts. We use amps. And chroma has already assimilated a sentient.

The capacity for infested to assimilate machines only developed because Salad Vee made them do so. It is hinted that the original plan was to make a hyperadaptive counter to the...hyperadaptive robots.

Though if you're daying something else, and I'm completely wooshed, I suppose I do want to know what Revenant was doing when Gara was fighting the sentients.

7 hours ago, (XB1)MAKEthemSUPPER said:

It has already been explained that we can channel void energy through sentient parts. We use amps. And chroma has already assimilated a sentient.

The capacity for infested to assimilate machines only developed because Salad Vee made them do so. It is hinted that the original plan was to make a hyperadaptive counter to the...hyperadaptive robots.

Though if you're daying something else, and I'm completely wooshed, I suppose I do want to know what Revenant was doing when Gara was fighting the sentients.

In terms of the infested, I think (s)Alad only rediscovered the Mutalist strain, not create it (I need to look at wiki). For amps, those don't include the infestation, which sentient energy is supposed to be poisonous to from what's said during Plague Star. And we don't know for a fact that Chromas pelt is sentient in origin. Yes, there are implications, but that's all it is, implications. I'm not against the theory, but I do get mildly nettled when people say it as fact when it's just a likely theory.

8 hours ago, (XB1)MAKEthemSUPPER said:

You must not have fought many Batalysts/Conculysts.

Allthey do is spin spin spin no matter what.

I have fought a good number of them and they don't look like ballerinas. They bend over as if their back breaks and they launch a laser projector that floats above their body like their soul.

Meanwhile Revenant unleashes his queer soul.

Still only 3 forma deep into him and need more testing but the thralls are a huge let down so far. Would like to see more of them, though I guess with high duration could try to stagger casts to refresh the effect and hope they spread it? His 4 is definitely nukey.

edit: nupe, it’s a hard limit; bummer.

Edited by Eidolor

@Eidolor and anyone else who is thinking about posting further feedback here.

I'm pretty sure DE won't be looking into this thread anymore as most of it is based on Devstream info rather that what we have in game atm.

I think it's prob best to only post current feedback here 

Edited by Madway7