Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Themed Warframe "Vlad" Feedback and Discussion

Synpai

I continue to believe the "control enemies" gimmick might be poorly thought-out in the sense that it needs time for the momentum to build up (does the 2 even work for enemies that shoot the warframe?), in a game where mass-slaughtering everything ASAP is the standard norm. I can forsee "Vlad"'s predicament being the same as Harrow's when everyone just ups and murders anything that moves before he can get his gimmick-ball rolling (mass-controlling enemies one after another in this case).

P.S. Also this style of CC being potentially overshadowed by Nyx's chaos and other existing skills.

Edited by RS219

il y a 43 minutes, peterc3 a dit :

There is no reason to need to hold all of his abilities. Why is that a good thing?

Of course there is no reason, cause as he was shown, he is already great.
But, in all his abilities, he has only one, that symbolize his Sentient aspect, the lasers..
So, to add more Sentient aspect, he need to enrich his possibilities..
Having his 4 capable of doing homing missile, and lasers, does that well, it confirms his Sentient theme, and erase the possibility of comparison with mirage..
I know that in that stage of advancement, the warframe won't be redone, so I'm not suggest to change his powers, I suggest a way to expand them.
Hydroid, has charged abilities.. usefull ? enough to exist..
Gara.. ?
Inaros has his 4, very usefull too..
I mean, with the actual state of the game, 4 simples abilities is not always enough. ^^'
Imagine play him the way I proposed, and you'll probably see that it offers more fun and choice of actions that we way he was presented.

I know life steal is a pretty good passive and all, but wouldn't some sort of adaptation sound better for a Sentient Frame? Like, my idea was if you were proced with like, cold. Or anything status effect. Once that effect ends, you have a 80% chance to resist the same status effect for 20 seconds.

The one thing I dislike about Vlad is his mind control ability, and what that means for Nyx and Nekros.

If this new frame can mind control 20 enemies, without having them decay... what's the point of Nyx or Nekros?

At least Nekros has Desecrate, and I guess the Nyx absorb will give her a unique role, but it makes their minions completely obsolete.

Nekros’ shadows, with a little strength and duration, are pretty tough, strong and durable plus their augment gives him excellent damage reduction. Nyx’s chaos can lock down an entire map indefinitely. Vladdicakes will have to step his minions up pretty hard to step on either’s toes imo, but even if they’re insanely op I can’t help but welcome another swarmy boye.

7 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

The one thing I dislike about Vlad is his mind control ability, and what that means for Nyx and Nekros.

If this new frame can mind control 20 enemies, without having them decay... what's the point of Nyx or Nekros?

At least Nekros has Desecrate, and I guess the Nyx absorb will give her a unique role, but it makes their minions completely obsolete.

Nekros can heal his shadows, give himself damage reduction, instantly bring his shadows to him and as you said, he still has Desecrate. Fear and ranged instant revive is pretty useful too. I'd say he's fine. 

Nyx though, yeah, I really, really hope they rework her when they release her deluxe skin.

So it seems like most people aren't thrilled with Vlad. A lot of people have ideas to improve him. They generally seem to fall into one of two camps:

1. Make him more Eidolony.

2. Make him more Vampirey.

So which one are you, and why? Team Vamp or Team Sentient? Or are you one of those rare few who wants to see him stay as is?

Personaly I'm pro-vamp Vald. I just don't think sentients and warframe go super well together for all of the lore reasons so many people have poured over before. Also... vampires are nifty. Not, like, the sparkly kind, but in general...

Team Sentient. I'd rather him be a wrecking powerhouse just like the Eidolons he's based off of, instead of this weird CC gimmick which falls flat on its face when the other 3 squadmates mass murder everything with their meme strike atteraxes/lectas before little powerfist ally can bop someone else and spread the CC.

The rework to his 4 is a step in the right direction (although I would have preferred it as an overhead blast followed by exploding laser rain), but I still think he should have:

1 overhauled: teralyst ground stomp combined with ground smash, sending enemies flying back while ground projectiles seek them out. Enemies struck by projectiles glow with blue sentient fire (they are highlighted for interactions with other skills) such that:
1+2: glowing enemies that hit the Warframe while (edited, see below) Sentient Armour is activated instantly get the procs the Warframe has transferred onto them.
1+3: Glowing enemies take more damage and heal for more.
1+4: enemies killed by 4's lasers explode and send out miniature ground projectiles (dealing damage only).

2 edited: make his armour something like the defensive version of Condition Overload, granting bonus DR with status procs inflicted on the warframe for as long as they last (multiplicative so each subsequent bonus DR is smaller), and when casting 3 transfers the status procs on all the enemies in the path.

Edited by RS219
Added ideas on changing 1 and 2

Please define what you mean, please. 

If you mean in terms of combat focus -- whether he's made to fight against eidolons, or focus on regular enemies in a sort of Vampire sense -- then I would like Vampire. 

If you mean in terms of lore and visual design, I don't think there's a lore reason why they couldn't implement sentient technology into Warframes, and so I would enjoy sentient based designs. (Which, hopefully, offers up the ability to take sentient weapons and use them against sentients)

1 minute ago, Felixdb said:

If you mean in terms of lore and visual design, I don't think there's a lore reason why they couldn't implement sentient technology into Warframes...

Well...

... Warframes are created via a strain if the infestation. And Sentients are immune to the infestation. Also, tenno funnel void energy through their warframes, and void energy is poison to Sentients, they actually start to break down and corrode when exposed to it. So you shouldn't be able to warframize Sentient material, and if a tenno then tried to use it... he should break it.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

Well...

Reveal hidden contents

... Warframes are created via a strain if the infestation. And Sentients are immune to the infestation. Also, tenno funnel void energy through their warframes, and void energy is poison to Sentients, they actually start to break down and corrode when exposed to it. So you shouldn't be able to warframize Sentient material, and if a tenno then tried to use it... he should break it.

There's nothing that stopped Ballas from looking at dead Sentient bits and pieces (and combat footage of Sentient attacks), stroking his chin while being inspired then making a Warframe that imitates Sentients in aesthetics and powers. It looks Sentient, shoots lasers like a Sentient but isn't actually a Sentient. Just Sentient-themed. That's how I see it.

Edited by RS219

As said in an earlier thread, I am not a fan of the CC mechanic "Vlad" has going on. It feels clunky and requires time to build up, and your efforts are all wasted when your 3 other allies memestrike/nuke all those enemies dead in generally fast-paced missions.

My idea for a Vlad rework would be to make him more oriented on dealing damage, while giving him synergy between his skills somewhere to the level of Nidus to encourage frequent casting where applicable.

The rework to his 4 is a step in the right direction (although I would have preferred it as an overhead blast followed by exploding laser rain), but I still think he should have:

1 overhauled: 1 is now a Teralyst ground stomp combined with the ground smash, sends enemies flying back (Fireblast/Arson Eximus style) while homing ground projectiles seek them out, prioritizing untargeted enemies (numbers increase with rank). Enemies struck by projectiles take damage and glow with blue sentient fire. They are now highlighted for interactions with other skills such that:
1+2: glowing enemies that hit/shoot the Warframe while (edited, see below) Sentient Armour is activated instantly get the procs the Warframe has transferred onto them and take more damage from the glowing puddles.
1+3: Glowing enemies take more damage and heal the Warframe for more.
1+4: enemies killed by 4's lasers explode and send out miniature ground projectiles (dealing damage only, does not highlight. Maybe make that an augment with reduced duration?).

2 edited: make his armour something like the defensive version of Condition Overload, granting bonus DR with status procs inflicted on the warframe for as long as they last (multiplicative so each subsequent bonus DR is smaller), and when casting 3 transfers the status procs on all the enemies in the path. Attacks that reduce shields to from full to 0 while 2's buff is active causes "Vlad" to bleed a big puddle on the floor that damages enemies on contact, and if still taking health damage "Vlad" continues to bleed smaller puddles with a forced cooldown of ~3 seconds, inversely affected by duration mods. Puddle sizes determined by range mods. Shields must be allowed to regenerate to full in order to be brought back to 0 to make another big puddle otherwise "Vlad" just continues on with periodically bleeding smaller puddles as long as 2 is still active.

Edited by RS219
Further elaboration.

I have no problem with lasers or minions but so far, I don't see what allows Eidolon Warframe to work in setting so far. Eidolons were created after the Fall, so after warframe production. Warframes are also made of infested matter which Sentient are immune to so no compatibility in merging them. Eidolon energies also have been shown to be able to be used in solutions to poison Infested tissue so even harder to work in. I am sure the lasers or Nyx stuff will be workable, but I don't understand how its Eidolon theme is going to work.

18 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I have no problem with lasers or minions but so far, I don't see what allows Eidolon Warframe to work in setting so far. Eidolons were created after the Fall, so after warframe production. Warframes are also made of infested matter which Sentient are immune to so no compatibility in merging them. Eidolon energies also have been shown to be able to be used in solutions to poison Infested tissue so even harder to work in. I am sure the lasers or Nyx stuff will be workable, but I don't understand how its Eidolon theme is going to work.

I believe his theme was semi-generic samurai frame, given his sword, that was afflicted with Sentient energies. 

Doubt that's canon though. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

I believe his theme was semi-generic samurai frame, given his sword, that was afflicted with Sentient energies. 

Doubt that's canon though. 

Don't see a samurai honestly, but even afflicted with Eidolon energies, would be difficult as it would preclude any prime of the warframe as Eidolons were created by a specific Sentient having its mind and body sundered by Unum and that ancient Gara secreting a Void bomb into the giant Sentient's core. Since its supposed to be afflicted with Eidolon energy it would have to be from warframe involved with Plains of Eidolon since the Eidolons were formed there which shows in the warframe's unique Eidolon themed look. That means that sorta like how many of us felt about Valkyr, it wouldn't have a primed form, at least not with the same look and moveset! Still, it seems to have not just a Eidolon energy theme to its look but rather have Sentient pieces from the undead Sentients, and that is not supposed to work.

On 2018-07-20 at 11:33 PM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

I love the idea that the first ability spreadsfrom target to target like a zombie plague but it needs more to, alter those inflicted something more so it doesn't feel like a slow activating chaos. 

Second ability is charged based armor which is definitely different but not sure how it will work out, depends on how many charges we get

Third is werid for me. I feel like this conflicts with theme. He's supposed to be based on the eidolons but also have kit centered on lifesteal. Maybe change the ability to be more eidolon like. Instead of turning into fog he does a pulse like when the eidolon is injured, with every enemy hit by the pulse he gains health and shields.

Four looks really fun to become  a disco ball of death but i kinda want to have a singular laser shoot out of his arm that we can freely aim.

Well he is a vampire frame, that's where those abilities fit in. He was made after Eidolons but Rebecca wanted a Vampire frame, so we get this weird mix.