Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Based on some of the comments above, looks like I'm a bit of an outlier...

First impressions:

I actually like the changes, for the most part. They seem fairly intuitive in most menus, though will take some time to adjust. Changing the UI Controller sensitivity made it much more fluid and quick. I also thought it was a bit slow to navigate, at first, but ramping up the sensitivity to 250 worked well for me. I like the new zoom in and out on the star chart, as it now matches PC.

What I don't think is intuitive is:

1. Drag and drop mods in the upgrade menus. In all other menus, X selects option you want. Here, you need to hold X over a mod and drag it to where you want it. I understand that this now matches PC version, but doesn't intuitively translate to console. Perhaps will also take some adjustment, but it definitely isn't as fluid as before.

2. Relic selection for fissure mission: Selecting a relic brings up the relic details on the right. There, it states to select X to equip it. But to equip it, you cannot simply hit X again while your cursor is over the selected relic. You need to move the cursor over to the detail menu first, then hit X to equip it. Seems like a "double-click" on the relic you want would make more sense.

Will update more if needed. Thank you, @[DE]Danielle

• Like 4

Hey DE your game is free and awesome don't let certain people in the community change what you decide is best for the game. It's your creation and I'm happy to be a part of it. Keep doing your thing the new update is great I have no problems with it. Love the new cursor system do your thing DE

Edited by (XB1)Gioco King 1981
  • Like 2

IMHO as a longtime player on PlayStation and Xbox, we console players have come to expect a standard of performance and anything less is unacceptable.   Please remove changes or provide an Off/Disable switch in the next hotfix!

• Like 8

this really does not go well with console players our hands are NOT use to having a mouse cursor, specially when its on the left stick and not the right.

its like giving PC player a dual shock controller with a directional pad as a mouse. we console players are used to only having 1 item as a control system, PC players have a mouse and a key board. it would have been ok but when you go to the navigation system the directional pad has no controls, you have to drag the cursor to where you want to go, and since most of us console players dont have a mouse..... i guess i'll have to go buy one?

if I was a PC player like you, and the new controls requires you to use a DS4 ( a whole new different controls you have to get used to) ... would you go out to buy one? or is it too much of a hassle? i mean your already so used to your key board and mouse and i just threw a wrench in your well oiled machine. im just trying to put you in my shoes since DE are mostly PC players so you can have an insight to what this means for us console players.

Edited by (PS4)jedion
  • Like 3

Yes, jesus please. I just finished updating my game mere minutes ago and played around with it. I really cannot deal with it at all, it's awful. I'm not mad or anything so I don't want DE taking this the wrong way. I fully appreciate the time and effort put into this new UI and hope that plenty of people find it to be good. But I do really hope that they can give us an option to switch to the old system in the menu, I really need that back. Everything is so slow and clunky for me now and it's just weird. I hate moving cursors for console games. It killed No Man's sky for me despite really loving the game overall. I hate it in Destiny as well, it just never works for console games. So please DE, just give us the option, that's all. You don't need to remove this new version at all, surely some people will love it. But we just ask for the option to switch back to the old version.

• Like 1

Why we need to press "X" twice to change equipment? 1st tap highlights for comparison/preview, 2nd tap confirms selected item. Please make it as b4 - selected item must be automatically highlighted. 

Please unlock "X" axis for right stick on preview item while cursor on selection context menu.

Edited by (PS4)KresTias

Understand most of the people and comment I've read here do not bash on the game or is not respectful. DE created a thread specifically for feedback. And people and providing feedback. I don't see any problem here. People are asking to be given the option or switching back to old navigation instead of the new cursor support. Not to completely remove the cursor support...

I only just go on to the new update. I already hate it. Console doesn’t have a computer mouse. So having to move a cursor in a neatly layed out format is both counter intuitive and horrible. I can’t even rotate things on the market anymore. I hate having to double click a weapon just to equIp it. I’m sorry but this is by far the worst thing I’ve experienced in this game so far. CONSOLES ARE NOT MADE FOR CURSORS!

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

For someone that supports most of the controversial updates that are implemented in Warframe, I can say I completely disagree with this cursor switch.

For one, not giving us the option to switch between cursor mode and "joystick" mode makes it feel like a forced addition rather than an option.

Another is the removal of quick keys when accessing the arsenal and chat.

It just makes the overall experience sluggish and unenjoyable, if anything a more workable system would be to:

-Give us the option to switch between cursor mode and joystick mode
-Keep joystick mode, but have a system that detects if a mouse/keyboard is connected to the console and have it switch to cursor mode

• Like 1

When I saw the patch notes I thought ... oh that sounds like a bad idea but if they leave the old functionality in (dpad everywhere and button shortcuts for upgrade, equip, etc..) and just add a cursor you can optionally use why not?
Why did they remove the shortcuts? It's sooo slow and bad trying to pick loadouts and swap mods. This 'update' made things entirely worse for console players.

It's honestly worse than mining is on console because you can't get away from it. And it makes me wonder if they even have consoles to test things on because anyone trying the new system would have given it a big HELL NO.

• Like 5

Please revert all of these UI changes or at least give us the option to go back to what we've always had. Nobody on console asked for this. I play Warframe on console and don't need this attempt of making it the pc version of the game.

I'm ok with the text changes but please revert everything else, I've played for 4 years now and this is the worst change to the UI by far.  

• Like 2

I feel like this was a completely unnecessary change. The old navigation was fine, fast to navigate and didn't have too many redundant button presses. I've played around with this for a while and I can say it's the exact opposite . Twice as many button presses, slow to navigate and got rid of many small quality changes like being able to rotate your warframe with the cursor having to be away from a menu screen while customizing , using X,Y,B,A to go straight to the upgrade, customize, appearance and abilities screen respectively .  A good UI should be fast and easy to navigate and honestly this whole thing is anything but that, a straight downgrade.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If there's someone out there who likes this, let them keep it but please give us the option to go back to the old one

• Like 3

Yeah I came to say something similar to you. Do not like the new cursor at all. Especially with the relics....I could see getting used to the rest of the cursor stuff but having to use the cursor to scroll over relics, which for some reason now don't show you what is in a relic unless you select it, and then use the cursor to go over and select refinement level...extremely clunky. Wish there was a way to opt out of the new system and go back to the old, which I never really had a problem with.

• Like 1

Metacomplaining is something you shouldn't do. Criticizing the game is not something people should be shamed for. Someone can dislike something and provide feedback, and the idea that DE shouldn't listen because you think the game is "awesome" is completely counter-productive to any kind of growth.

https://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• Like 1

Have to agree with everyone else the cursor is completely unnecessary for consoles. The relic system is going to drive me nuts and make me just not interested in playing...haven't even tried modding but from what I'm hearing it is just aggravating. Please give us the choice of reverting back to the old system.

• Like 4

"Don't listen to any of the feedback and criticisms of people who have invested hundreds and even thousands of hours into your game and have provided you with millions in cash. Just do whatever you want even though you continuously piss off 70% of players at any given moment because you refuse to listen to their feedback and criticisms"

Also,
"free"
😂

Edited by Dawson1917

Dude the game is free I'm not mad that people are criticizing the game it's just that people are tell the devs they are stupid and they have no sense it's a change and I am entitled to my opinion as well if I don't agree with the complaining I can state that I will not look at this thread any longer so say what you will. It's an update deal with it

• Like 1

I need to give it a week and then comment - The real question is if this was able to be set back how will that effect everything moving forward and if I was to never care about keyboard or mouse support other than in chat how does this help me?

Maybe it just needs more tweaking. Time to give it some real time to see if my concerns go away or not.

• Like 1