Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

IF we're losing the ability to be our own DIOs, and can't suspend projectiles for the team any more, perhaps an augment for Limbo's stasis allowing only the Limbo in question's projectiles to freeze, so we can still set up simultaneous room clearings?

Just now, LordGale said:

IF we're losing the ability to be our own DIOs, and can't suspend projectiles for the team any more, perhaps an augment for Limbo's stasis allowing only the Limbo in question's projectiles to freeze, so we can still set up simultaneous room clearings?

then you'd be giving up one mod slot and that would be a nerf.

It is unfair to new players to expect them to know every frame mechanic when they join a public game. They will have no idea what is going on when they unload in the rift and nothing happens and will then get yelled at by the Limbo for saturating it.

I don't see recasting stasis as a significant nerf, the loss of blowing up enemies for the lols is a drawback but not significant, and Limbo is definitely not the only way to complete the riven challenge.

I love Limbo but don't take him to sorties because of all the salt, so I see this as a positive change.

*cries tears of joy* I-is the hate FINALLY going to be over?

In all seriousness though, overall seems like good changes. A step in the right direction to stop all the limbo hate that's for sure. Limbo stopping ally bullets was certainly the main problem, The duration isn't really THAT big a deal, seeing as how you can just recast, and limbo gets plenty of energy anyway. As others have said, i would like limbo to still be able to freeze his own bullets, or better yet, make some sort of opt in/out option for the whole squad.

And come on guys, Titania's other powers aren't THAT bad.

9 minutes ago, PsychadelicTaco said:

RIP 3 headshots in 1 aim glide Riven Challenge.

well Stasis was one way. Big Bubble, Stasis, then go around setting up shots to the head with a hitscan and then jump & release stasis while aim gliding.

I suggest trying the following builds too, Harrow 1/Vauban 3 + Arca Plasmor.. Tho the Plasmor doesnt get bonus damage from headshots, it can still land them. Just get a bunch of enemies locked by Bastille or Condenm in a low level mission, then jump and Aim just above their heads.

I suggest for Limbo's 2 to have a charged setting that has Limbo's own projectiles be stopped to ensure Limbo users who dance around potentially cataclysmic explosives like Lenz arrows don't accidentally instadeath themselves, other than that, the changes in general sound well-thought.

Also...

Tenno, are you ready for a Sacrifice?!

Spoiler

olj4jt.gif
[Chink sound as blade hits surface]
[Shuddering sound as hype flows through self]

This is probably going to be completely lost in all comments, but are there any thoughts of improving the ammo capacity of Dex Pixia?  I always used Shotgun mods and Ammo Stock to have a magazine that didn't evaporate due to Razorwing Blitz.  For Secondaries, it would be necessary to use Primed Slip Magazine for twice as many points, and it's actually only 55% instead of 60%.  Barrel Diffusion and Hell's Chamber are equivalent, so that's good.    Also saddening that you can't enjoy using Tainted Shell for pinpoint accurate autosnipers at a DPS loss anymore, but the amazing accuracy improvement from that was probably unintended anyway. (It was quite fun being a flying sniper though.)

I actually welcome this change. But, I have one request: given these changes could it be possible to change the re-cast from cancelling the ability to refreshing the duration? It will still have the same energy upkeep without the annoyance of having to wait for the ability to fully expire. It would also make stasis easier to use defensively with these changes.

There's still no actual reason to go into the rift other than stasis and slight energy regen. And hitting them individually with banish still only partitions enemies into a confusing mess. C'mon DE go full-throttle with his support abilities like you did with Octavia. He's turning into another Loki, a one-trick pony.

Gonna have to shill my own thread.

He'd be fantastic in a more prominent support role rather than flippantly turning off half the game like he's been doing. Simply changing stasis a little isn't enough.

Just now, Godin_The_Killer said:

Then instead of complaining, actually suggest something reasonable, rather than shouting everything down and demanding the current cringe.

That's why I suggested the ability to recast to refresh the duration. It's a fair compromise in the face of the reduced duration. It will still cost the same amount of energy, but will be easier to maintain.

I like playing Limbo and I actually like this change overall.

Just now, Illithar said:

That's why I suggested the ability to recast to refresh the duration. It's a fair compromise in the face of the reduced duration. It will still cost the same amount of energy, but will be easier to maintain.

I like playing Limbo and I actually like this change overall.

And I agree with such, in fact any ability like this I think should be able to do so.

10 minutes ago, Amphous said:

The limbo players need to ride up and stop this terrible downgrade.

You'll have to get past the rest of us who are sick of Limbo's poor design.

It shouldn't be up to your teammates to change what they're doing just so they don't get inconvenienced by an unnecessary style over substance effect.

Archived