Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

I just want my Za Warudo. This change literally makes Limbo a boring frame. No more bullets stopping in time gimmick, just another, cc ability like every other frame. I just don't like it. And hell, you can still shoot them in stasis, once it wears off the enemies will die.

But on the other hand I understand that most of the new Limbo players would just stop the time for a minute on a defense mission and never actually help their teammates. Ugh it's so frustrating.

29 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

Limbo only has 3 augment mods, Stasis being the only ability not to have one. This could make it a decent augment for those Limbos who still want THEIR OWN projectiles to be affected by stasis (not ally's) and finally let Limbo have all 4 augments.

I think it should be the other way around. If you want to use guns in stasis as Limbo, use augment.

25 minutes ago, PortalPuma said:

I like the changes to Limbo and now I hope I get less hate when people see me with limbo in public missions

The main issue with Limbo on public is being solved. Only salty players holding grudges would give unjustified hate to Limbo after the changes, he'd be no different than other CC frames in terms of team interaction. So you're safe 🙂

If you are 'tweaking' Limbo could you PLEASE make 'Banish' able to pull enemies into the rift with you? Rather than having to leave the rift, to banish an enemy, to re-enter the rift to kill them. That way I can stay in the rift and Banish one or 2 enemies at a time and kill them without annoying my teammates by banishing a load at a time.

I'll miss the crazy weapon synergies I could pull off with Stasis, but this is definitely the right move for cooperative play.

Can we get Operators phasing in and out of the rift next? I have so many things I wish I could do but can't because of that

stasis stopping bullets made sense. 
i could catch all the enemies in stasis and rack up a damage buff with rift torrent before opening fire on everyone. Then i would drop stasis and all my bullets would have the damage buff and would effect all enemies. Now for every enemy i kill my next shot will do less damage.

"its fine because I have a Maxed [Primed Mod] why should i care about other players who don't have it yet?"

51 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

You can "sit" in the rift but now you can also shoot while waiting ;^)

Sit and shoot at.. what? if you are low on energy and needing to recoup via rift you are effectively stuck there doing nothing(great gameplay). Having any enemy in the rift with you while you're low on energy is a death sentance with the HALVED  duration this means having enemies unfreeze on you is going to happen twice as often. And if you dont have the energy to refresh time stop you probably don't have the power to banish them back to the normal plain.

Ultimately this nerf dosen't make limbo any less 'powerful' Because he dosen't need to be hes FINE!

It's basically the devs saying "hey you know how you'd do this thing normally? well because we did you the favor of changing your abilities for your teammates we're also gonna give you a ball and chain to lug around so it takes twice the time to do stuff you were already doing because.. Aye Lmao?" This change dosen't affect his 'power', it dosen't make sense, it just makes life more tedious for people when there is no reason to. Like Litterally no reason. so yeah people are annoyed/angry.

Lastly Ember is an energy HOG when WoF ramps up to where you need a steady supply of energy orbs to keep that ability up.

10 minutes ago, ZeeR01 said:

"its fine because I have a Maxed [Primed Mod] why should i care about other players who don't have it yet?"

Fine? a cup of tea is fine, mrs jones at the library shes fine. limbo is a god! yes thats right 2497.5% damage buff (on an opticor no less).
unknown.png?width=1095&height=616

The stasis duration nerf is stupid, simple as that. It makes no sense to nerf the duration by 50(!)% for a QoL change so people just hate Limbo less and can play the game. 

Generally in a horde shotter there should be no reason for this kind of trade-off approach when balancing abilities i my opinion - it's not a competition. Either it's fine or it isn't. Using guns in Cataclysm is fine.It used to be that way anyways before his rework. Remember? Using guns in stasis also doesn't matter, it makes no difference if I have to walk a meter and one-hit a frozen enemy with my melee or I don't walk that meter and two-shot them with a gun. An immobilized enemy is no threat either way.

No, I'm not a huge fan of Limbo. Yes, I can still see why the duration nerf is just arbitrary and people who play Limbo a lot get punished so others can play the game normally for no reason other than that someone thought there has to be a trade-off for being able to play the game normally. Again... there's no need for a "trade", when all it does is make Limbo less annoying to play with.

Stasis' changes are certainly a step in the right direction for coop play. Although for solo this is quite a big nerf. I hope there's more to come for Limbo than revealed thus far.

IMO...

• Stasis duration bumped back up to 30 seconds base.
  • When Stasis-ed enemies take damage from weapons, they can move and attack for 2 seconds then freeze again. Abilities don't make them unfreeze briefly.
  • Limbo's gunfire is moderated by Stasis. Regular shooting freezes his shots. If he zooms in/scope in his gun, his shots move. This only happens when Limbo himself is the one who has Stasis activated (if another Limbo activates Stasis, other Limbos in the squad don't have their gunfire affected, unless they too turn on Stasis).

In hopes to make Rift play more interactive when Stasis is involved. Shooting stationary targets, while effective, is hardly fun with prolonged usage.

Well thanks for gutting out one of the more fun aspects of Limbo. I get that if the group was unprepared, it was more of an issue. But I loved the ability to fire off a ton of projectiles in different directions, remove and reapply stasis. And then you go and nerf duration too? That's just kicking Limbo when he's down. If you want to remove his time stop from projectiles, fine, but at least leave us with the duration. Throw Limbo a bone here.

I've thought about it over night, and while I don't think the Stasis duration reduction will be a huge issue like a lot of people I still don't think it was the right solution.

Here's my suggestion from another thread that would still potentially allow a longer duration without it being game breaking. This would be instead of lowering it's base duration.

New energy cost. 1 of 2 choices (whichever is more appropriate):

• Stasis now prevents energy gain and has high energy per second while active, like maximum overheated WoF . OR
  • Stasis has no activation cost, but costs energy per enemy killed while affected by Stasis. 

45 minutes ago, ZeeR01 said:

Sit and shoot at.. what? if you are low on energy and needing to recoup via rift you are effectively stuck there doing nothing(great gameplay). Having any enemy in the rift with you while you're low on energy is a death sentance with the HALVED  duration this means having enemies unfreeze on you is going to happen twice as often. And if you dont have the energy to refresh time stop you probably don't have the power to banish them back to the normal plain.

Ultimately this nerf dosen't make limbo any less 'powerful' Because he dosen't need to be hes FINE!

It's basically the devs saying "hey you know how you'd do this thing normally? well because we did you the favor of changing your abilities for your teammates we're also gonna give you a ball and chain to lug around so it takes twice the time to do stuff you were already doing because.. Aye Lmao?" This change dosen't affect his 'power', it dosen't make sense, it just makes life more tedious for people when there is no reason to. Like Litterally no reason. so yeah people are annoyed/angry.

Lastly Ember is an energy HOG when WoF ramps up to where you need a steady supply of energy orbs to keep that ability up.

It's a very common mod available in the game through baro and other players. It's not an exclusive mod people can't get anymore. The mod exists, and it gives player the power to make builds, in cases of balancing it has to be taken into account. You can't expect to have the most efficient and powerful build without having the best mods for it and call it "unfair" for those who don't have it yet. If a Limbo player doesn't have primed mod and doesn't have enough energy to recast abilities, they have to invest to make the most out of their build, just like everyone else does, you're not full-build-strong without a full build. So yes, "it's fine".

Sit and shoot at... enemies while your energy regens? what's the point you're trying to make. Being able to shoot stuff outside of the bubble while staying inside solves the problem of having to "sit there and wait" specifically, because you can have impact outside of the bubble while being inside, you're not just sitting there doing nothing waiting for energy regen. Right now as it is, I can go as Limbo into a mission and have enough energy to cast both cata and stasis and regen more energy while it's up for further recasts, and that's without using energy siphon, zen passives or pads. The game gives you energy regen utilities, use them. Stop thinking you should have access to the most powerful and efficient builds and gameplay without having to put effort into them. It's not different in other frames. Also, if you know how to Limbo, as I replied to other people in this thread, you'd give good use to his passive to recast stasis and then cataclysm with literally 0 risk of death, so there you have it, no death sentence.

This nerf doesn't make Limbo any less powerful,it makes him more powerful as he can use more options to choose on how to kill, as well as the rest of the team, instead of just using melee or abilities. The Limbo + Mesa combo is really powerful because it protects Mesa entirely while she has the weapon shooting power on an ability that she can use in stasis, now this will expand on to every single frame and weapon of choice, which means it will passively buff Limbo's synergy and the damage outcome of squads. He's fine on his own or in a premade, not in public matchmaking.

How does this change make life more tedious for people? it's quite the opposite, the current stasis makes life tedious for more people and it's changing so it doesn't make it tedious for anyone anymore.

Ember's WoF didn't and currently doesn't consume enough energy to make you energy dry unless you afk in the same spot for a few minutes. Yes, minutes. Even after the change on her WoF, I can still cast it as soon as I load in a mission and never run out of energy unless I afk at the starting point.

1 hour ago, ZeeR01 said:

while Limbo and enemies are inside the Rift, each Rift-bound enemy killed grants him 10 energy. As long as limbo has enemies, he has energy. also as long as he is in the rift he gets 2 energy per second. as long as limbo has time he has energy. the idea is you should always be in the rift. i only come out the rift to banish enemies. before going back in

So to anyone that thought Limbo Stasis was good for helping in certain Riven challenges... well, there it goes out the window.

And one of Limbo's unique mechanics was stopping projectiles. 

How about letting Limbo do both?

Press and hold 2 - Stasis activated to stop enemy movement, and projectile movement for YOURSELF (not allies)

Quick tap 2 - Stasis activated to stop enemy movement only.

Because really, it was fun to create scenes similar to Neo or Magneto stopping bullets.

Just because a bunch of gun-loving Limbo haters made a lot of noise, they punish and nerf away one of Limbo's unique features. Why are ninjas even using guns to begin with?

1 minute ago, Xepthrichros said:

So to anyone that thought Limbo Stasis was good for helping in certain Riven challenges... well, there it goes out the window.

Press and hold 2 - Stasis activated to stop enemy movement, and projectile movement for YOURSELF (not allies)

Because really, it was fun to create scenes similar to Neo or Magneto stopping bullets.

Just because a bunch of gun-loving Limbo haters made a lot of noise, they punish and nerf away one of Limbo's unique features. Why are ninjas even using guns to begin with?

this

4 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

Exactyl this. One thing I love about Limbo is that he isn't just a cc frame, he is unique. When changing frames or making new ones give us more uniqueness. Not every frame needs to be best at everything and I don't see why some can't be super complicated and special while other are rather simple in ability design.

Jesus christ, dont call yourself a limbo player if you think the duration trade-off for the ability to shoot while stasis is active is a nerf, cataclysm duration reduction would be, but having to press 2 again is no issue at all, is like nothing changed -.-"

3 hours ago, seprent said:

my stasis lasts 53.4 seconds so i chop 15 out of it and now it lasts 38.4 seconds so little over half a minute of enemies dont get to move or shoot i feel people might be over reacting (as usual imo) a tad too much since your allies can now shoot things too

Alright, 53.4 seconds from a 30 second base. That's 178% ability duration. So 15 times 178%, you have 26.7 duration now, or will when the update goes live. You don't chop 15 seconds off at the end, you chop it off and then calculate duration properly.

10 minutes ago, Caramello said:

Jesus christ, dont call yourself a limbo player if you think the duration trade-off for the ability to shoot while stasis is active is a nerf, cataclysm duration reduction would be, but having to press 2 again is no issue at all, is like nothing changed -.-"

Indeed i agree. Plus the change to not effect ally gear is so welcome. Now i can limbo without as much hate. Still gonna be that one guy complaining about the color change in the rift... But that imo isnt near as annoying as banshee ragdolling enemies to the edge of the map or spores lowering fps to a crawl..

2 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Alright, 53.4 seconds from a 30 second base. That's 178% ability duration. So 15 times 178%, you have 26.7 duration now, or will when the update goes live. You don't chop 15 seconds off at the end, you chop it off and then calculate duration properly.

My max duration limbo gets a 2 minute stasis.. and tons of community hate.

Now, he'll get 1 minute of stasis and much less hate... Plus i can secura penta everything into the abyss or cast cataclysm into a mob 50m away... Slide into the rift and snipe them at range with my rubico. 

Great trade off imo! Great job @[DE]Rebecca

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

My max duration limbo gets a 2 minute stasis.. and tons of community hate.

Now, he'll get 1 minute of stasis and much less hate... Plus i can secura penta everything into the abyss or cast cataclysm into a mob 50m away... Slide into the rift and snipe them at range with my rubico. 

Great trade off imo! Great job @[DE]Rebecca

you could do that all anyway.

Archived