Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

12 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

Why would I use it without having the polarity for it? Thats mad dumb, rather use a normal vitality than use that. Way too expensive to use without.

That set bonus is 1.5x if I am not wrong.

For each mod.

That means using them gives you 0.5x more HP, Armor and Power Strength.

38 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

You can use them anywhere. Its not umbra only. Tho i agree about content drought, its horrible. When primes is your main content for... close to a year? This is sad, not to mention primes shouldnt count as "normal" content anyway, cuz they're on their own set schedule and have to be released in certain timeframe one after another.

I understand how u feel. I love Warframe. When WF experience content droughts i dont get angry, i usually find other great games to take up my time until the new content drops.

I so hyped to explore the Tau system thaat was teased

I played through it and got my Umbra. I'm not mad about the story since for me the whole frame and story was a plus. The new system, mods and the type of game play was really good and a great bonanza from DE. 

Obviously throwing all away in one big quest will cut the interest on the game. DE can't produce lots of content when they are updating and maintaining the game. I truly enjoyed the quest and the inevitable explanations about what warframes are. DE answered lots of questions and posed new ones. That is the flow of the business. 

DE is looking towards a future development of game play, open world and a new set of damage system and game play mechanics. The wheels are moving forward and I'm happy to see DE taking good decisions on the matter. 

Their design, new warframe and the game mechanics is improving the game for the better. 

Ok I never post in the forums but after seeing so much unnecessary salt I feel like I have to say my own opinion in this matter. So first of all I want to thank DE for their hard work on this quest, it was surprising and shocking for me and I enjoyed it a lot.

Now really...like lots of people have said here DE never hyped umbra the community did, I really dont know what you were expecting you would get with umbra. As far as I know the original umbra was just a skin and we got one with new polarities, new mods, independent AI, max ranked, and potatoed so I would say we got a lot. They never stated umbra would have different abilities from excalibur so we getting radial howl was nice too. And even with all this people say it's just a skin??? I dont remember skins giving warframes AI or all the rest of stuff we got, so saying its just a skin makes no sense to me. 
I also dont understand people saying they waited for this quest for 3 years, sure you may have waited for umbra for all that time(even though I never understood the whole hype about it) but not this quest, we first had a glimpse of this quest last year, sure they were saying they wanted to release umbra with a quest before this but we never knew what quest it would be before this, they even changed the quest to put umbra in it.
About people complaining that we didnt get a new gameplay mode or new operator powers, this quest was all about the warframes so I dont see why the operator would get anything new, besides adding new gameplay is hard, anyone who works with gamedev knows this, require lots of thinking and planning, you need to understand how this will affect the game as a whole, not caring about the impact is very risky since you can break lots of stuff in the process. And with all the secret stuff and venus open world and meele changes makes sense they didnt want to try anything too big for this, people were already raging about waiting for this quest, more content would mean more things to polish and also more waiting. I also don't get where people got the idea that cinematic quests are only to introduce new gameplay, always thought it was to give us some lore in the game, adding new gameplay in the quests make sense but it's not required for a quest to have new gameplay. 

Also saw people complaining about the cliffhanger, and I guess this was expected. People have different tastes in storytelling so I cant really say they are wrong for not liking it. But talking from my own experience, I liked it. I also didn't see this as a clifhanger, we got a conclusion, we didnt get the lotus back but we concluded the umbra arc. For me this ending is like the ending of the war within, we were introduced to the man in the wall but in a very vague manner, but we still finished that quest arc. And to say I was shocked at the end of the sacrifice is to understate it. It blew my mind so I really enjoyed it.

But these are only my thoughts on the quest, I can't say that people at DE think the same as me about these matters but thats how I see and understand them, with all this salt I wanted to show that there are people who enjoyed the quest, even tho they are not very vocal about it.

tl;dr DE promissed us a quest and umbra, we got those but people are complaining about things DE never said they would give us with this quest 

I enjoyed this quest. It was really good.

But I'm also angry, cause this quest didn't give an end to anything.

The lotus is still not with us.

We haven't killed that damn ballas yet.

The man in the wall wasn't even mentioned (but he was teased by DE).

We got no new content other than umbra which is basically an A.I (crappy at that btw, as every A.I in warframe) with a slightly better 2nd and an actually nice melee weapon with a neat mechanic (invisibility upon doing a finisher).

Overall, I was expecting a little bit more from this update. I'm not disappointed with it, it was great, perhaps even a masterpiece... but it lacks in content. We're suffering a heavy content drought atm, and this new update brought us nothing of new, other than umbra which as I said, has a rather clumsy mechanic.

I'm looking forward for the venus free roam.

Edited by devildevil21

Angry? No. Incredibly disappointed? Yea. 

The quest itself was enjoyable to an extent, definitely not 3 years worth of enjoyment but i went in with a fresh view and for the few months they have been working on it, it definitely did well.

The main issue i had was the build up to the "Ballas fight scene" that was composed of 4-5 Sentients and the main antagonist getting defeated in a cutscene that took what seemed like 15 seconds to reach, it was incredibly disappointing. for that amount of buildup to get that anticlimactic ending. it seemed like the mechanic of the fight was too complicated and they just scrapped it for this.

And simply put, While i did find some parts of the quest to be nice, the amount of investment that they seemed to put in this type of content seems like a waste imo.

I very much enjoyed the "Weekly updates that are filled with Weapons and other content like Tactical alerts and events with a decently sized update every 3-5 months" design process much better than what we are currently having. it kept me logging in every week, but today we got 1 hour worth of content and then we are back to nothing.

the content drought continues till Venus is added which is essentially just the PoE grind 2x, because without the added grind people will go through the content in a day. which is fine but is it really worth it to have a years worth of work put into something that essentially boils down to a day of gameplay that you have to sacrifice player experience just to make it seem longer?

[SPOILERS BELOW]

I actually loved the story, lore-additions, and the fact that DE had the balls to get rid of space mom (though I'd really like to stop listening to fake space mom in my missions considering all it took was Ballas to give her a little wink, shake his butt, and she abandoned her entire crusade and all Tenno.  She must have been desperate for a man, LOL!).  

Oh, and Ballas had a Snoke death, which is hilarious.  Though, he may not be dead.  

What annoyed me:

1. Locking doors in the missions as Sentients arrived.  Maybe I don't want to waste my time on these bullet-sponges.

2. Forcing me yet again into Operator mode for the sake of plot.

That's it.  

Edited by AlMcFly

My biggest issue is that the end-of-mission rewards are so very lackluster. This quest, when it comes to content, feels very rushed. I wish DE wasn't working on Venus, because they could've focused more attention on this quest.

I kinda liked the ending. I'm happy I know there is another big story. After the war within the game got so boring for a while, and there was nothing  for me to wait for. Just hope they don't take it so long...

P.S. I disagree with some comments with respect. We did not see the man in the wall. And I'm pretty sure the hey kiddo ghost just keeps appearing which means this is gonna be another quest and maybe not very soon.

Edited by Crimson_Ruby_313

The only anger I have is towards the Lotus.

I loved the Quest and how it changes what the warframes are.

I didn't see it as a cliffhanger but as the ending of the Trilogy with Ballas "dying" and the set up for the next on in Tau with Sentient Lotus leaving

This is response I made to another forum. But I feel like it would fit here too on why the ending of this quest did not work: 

Spoiler

While I understand how you reached these conclusions and agree to most of it, I disagree that the way the ques ended was the "right" way. Just leaving strings dangling is not good, it's leaving the RIGHT strings dangling that creates a good story. Yes we got the answer to the story of warframes and how things work somewhat, but with it we were left with so many unasnwered questions which, ironically, Apostacy Prologue brought on. 

As a player, I started my journey on Warframe solely because of its story. I saw the excellent potential Warframe's lore had and could not resist trying it out myself. The fact that Warframe deals with very mature and tough situations which can be found in real life was quite alluring to me. So I looked through all the data I could find on the lore, and can easily say that many people saw the whole "Ballas being behind all this" coming. It was an easy guess. More proof was added to that theory once the Apostacy Prologue came along. Him being alive. Him claiming that he would never abandon Margulis again. Thus showing remorse. Wanting revenge. It was also clear from all the prime trailers. Heck even the prime traiers hint at warframes being senitent (senitent as in aware, not the sentient faction). 

So with all that revealed, I at least expected some of the questions raised in regards to Ballas and Lotus answered. Not questions from the past, but the present. Like why was Ballas alive? Why did Lotus recognize him after his "void blast" or whatever it was he did in the prologue? Why now? It was clear he made a sweet deal with the senitents, but where was he all this time? My problem with the conclusion of this quest is not that no questions were answered, but that too many questions from the past were dealt with and 0 from the current time. The Sacrifice and Apostacy Prologue, narrative-wise, don't make sense as they are now. It is, quite frankly in a nutshell: suddenly Ballas! You thought he dead but you wrong! Surprised? Well there is more! UMBRA! Oh look! Ballas dead! Natah is back because of him someway somehow anyway don't question it. See ya in the next quest! 

I understand that for such a game to work, it has to rely on a long story and cliffhangers. There is no denying that. But the story of this quest, was 100% rushed and barely touched the surface of what could have been a very lore heavy game. The plot was there more for the Umbra Warframe than anything else. At least, that's all I could gather from it. 

I got more then I expected from this quest. I liked it a lot actually and the loot (Umbra and all) is neat. Interesting that it all came maxed out too. I was rather surprised about that. 

As for the whole "three years hype" deal. We did this to ourselves. Basically it's like the nutshell thing with Half Life 3. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING anyone could ever create, ever, would live up to the "OMG; been waiting for X years!" levels of hype. 

My gripes in bullet point form:

1.The new minigame would have better served as an interactive activity for relays and dojos. 

2.Ballas showed all that power and yet suffered a terrible wound, if not died. The same guy that had been experimenting with Warframes for centuries. The same guy whose daily comings and goings were not explained.

3.Filler missions were not so much fun as they were a reminder that the quest felt rushed.

4.The new Orokin cipher system is quest exclusive.

5.We still have to deal with scratchy Lotus despite the connotations.

6. Ordis was upgraded and yet returned to normal when convenient.

7.Scanning grey on grey is not what I signed up for.

8. 45 minutes does not make up for this drought.

9. New polarity and mod list is less impactful for builds without forma support.

10: Umbra should have been a sideshow instead of the main driving force of a quest that is supposed to be part of the main storyline and it felt jarring to have the entire quest focusing on Umbra.

40 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

Fair enough, but how is it any less valid? You don't have to exclusively play Warframe. I don't even notice this terrible terrible ''content drought'' because I'm having a blast playing other games. I return when DE has new stuff for me, I leave again when I feel it's done. Like today, I went through the quest, and now I go back to my Mass Effect Trilogy play through.

If DE wants me to stick around longer then the maybe 2 hours it took me to get this quest done, then it's on them to deliver, but I don't worry about it, because again, I got other things to give me a good time.

And no, I shall not keep to myself, and if you don't like that, you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Having a blast playing other games is fine but it doesn't excuse or make up for DE's shortcomings in this matter. You're playing other games because DE is not captivating you. 

Overall, I did enjoy it. It was interesting, the puzzles were fun and of a different pace than what I'm used to. Visually it was rather nice. And the audio was superb. Still confused as to why the Sentient arms detached and glow while on the floor when you kill them, but I assume that's something else.

The narrative, I will agree, left a bit to be desired.

The son was just a trope, there was never anything mentioned of him again. Excal Umbra became just another Warframe locked away in your arsenal, we still hear digital Lotus, Ordis doesn't change or get new dialogue... I'd say that my largest gripe was that nothing character wise changed at all after the culmination of this trilogy. Or so it seems anyway. (That memory thing is still installed into Ordis, aint it?)

For a Lore dump, it was great though.

13 minutes ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

I'd say that my largest gripe was that nothing character wise changed at all after the culmination of this trilogy. Or so it seems anyway. (That memory thing is still installed into Ordis, aint it?)

We have a new system that could promise an alternate way of fighting the Sentients other than using your Operator. We have a greater understanding of how a Tenno interfaces with their Warframes at first, and now we have Natah on the scene instead of just Hunhow and the long dead Sentient Eidolons on the Plains. Your Operator shows a lot more personal drive in this quest than any other, making the decisions more so than being driven by the decisions of others (Alad V TSD and Teshin TWW). It's a development.

3 minutes ago, JDragonkin said:

We have a new system that could promise an alternate way of fighting the Sentients other than using your Operator. We have a greater understanding of how a Tenno interfaces with their Warframes at first, and now we have Natah on the scene instead of just Hunhow and the long dead Sentient Eidolons on the Plains. Your Operator shows a lot more personal drive in this quest than any other, making the decisions more so than being driven by the decisions of others (Alad V TSD and Teshin TWW). It's a development.

True. I suppose that I meant more that the character we control hasn't changed (how we react to them, or their reactions we see when using the character). Nor the environment. Chains of Harrow was sweet with the occasional jump-scare of your opposite self.

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking

5 minutes ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

True. I suppose that I meant more that the character we control hasn't changed (how we react to them, or their reactions we see when using the character). Nor the environment. Chains of Harrow was sweet with the occasional jump-scare of your opposite self.

And you're right in that there's been no immediate effect of your Operator having a more driven personality shown in the quest. Hopefully that comes soontm

2 minutes ago, Elanair said:

Not angry, just sad I didn't get Ballas' sword at the end. 😭

Rest of the quest was awesome though! 😁

Still miss Space Mom though..😒

Better make peace with it.. I don't think she'll be returning.

1 minute ago, JDragonkin said:

She's betrayed them once, might be setting up for another betrayal once we enter the Tau System? That's wild conjecture though.

She betrayed them, now he betrays us, and then them again..? That just shows she simply cannot be trusted.