Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could fishing/mining be disabled during bounties?

Tenzyy

My blood is kinda boiling, because just a few moments ago I came across a MR24 while during a bounty (lvl 40-60).
He wasn't even slightly interested in doing the objectives, instead he was fishing/mining >~500m away from us (3 guys actually doing the objectives).
His answer to us telling him that we'll report him was like:

• Your own fault if you get grouped with me
  • Ty for farming my rep for the ostrons
  • You could leave at every time
    • He even called us "morons" for being grouped with him

So my request is what the title says: fishing/mining disabled until the bounty is finished.

I am not ok with the fact that some people consciously choose doing a bounty at Konzu but then do nothing but fishing/mining.

Edited by Tenzyy

You can't stop people from doing other things during mission. If you disable mining/fishing, he will just farm cetus wisp. If you disable wisp, he will do riven mission. If you disable riven challenge, he will farm resource. And if you managed to disable everything, he will just afk and watch youtube.

Learn to be tolerant, soon you will find yourself in some hyper efficient group who would nag at you for not using speedrun nova and/or travelling with AW. They'd actually prefer an afk person to an inefficient slow noob just so they can extract fast. Different play style for everyone. If you're not willing to be open-minded to very diverse playstyle, don't play in pub

Edited by HolyDemon00

35 minutes ago, Tenzyy said:

So my request is what the title says: fishing/mining disabled until the bounty is finished.

I am not ok with the fact that some people consciously choose doing a bounty at Konzu but then do nothing but fishing/mining.

This matchmaking thing seriously needs to be examined.  I sometimes end up being on the Plains in Open and suddenly I find people going into matchmake when I'm in the middle of mining or fishing.  Excuse me, but while this might get your blood boiling, imagine you're not the only one that has that going for them.  

While I normally clear out of the group by going to ESC and leave, I didn't ask to be included in a bounty mission for Eidolons when I'm not dressed for it.  

As it currently stands, I agree there should be a better way to control matchmaking on the open plains.  But this draconian suggestion of forcing players to play your way is only going to create unnecessary salt.  

Perhaps setting a checkbox method for whether people want to be included and in what might be better.  

47 minutes ago, Tenzyy said:

My blood is kinda boiling, because just a few moments ago I came across a MR24 while during a bounty (lvl 40-60).
He wasn't even slightly interested in doing the objectives, instead he was fishing/mining >~500m away from us (3 guys actually doing the objectives).
His answer to us telling him that we'll report him was like:

• Your own fault if you get grouped with me
  • Ty for farming my rep for the ostrons
  • You could leave at every time
    • He even called us "morons" for being grouped with him

I support the idea. Joining a Bounty mission through Konzu should lock Fishing until its done.

I simply leave any mission i see there is someone being a bag of turd. I think i only had issues once on Plains with players not participating on the bounties, i just told the other 2 on the team to extract that i would invite them then when we left the guy started sending offenses and threats through the private chat because i had forced him to Host Migrate and he got downed by the Grineer that had respawned where he was.

Most of my encounters with useless players are during Hydron and i have reported quite a few for being disrespectful when complained at.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

You actually keep track of people participating and notice when they don't help? Like... alright?

I mean I once asked where was one of my clanmates when we were on stage 4/5 on bounty, and I got a reply of "He didn't join us for the mission actually." I kinda felt bad afterwards, and everyone on Discord was laughing about insignificance of his contributions to be missed so easily, but that's not the point. The point is, are you struggling with the mission? Is that person actually hampering your ability to complete the objective by mining/fishing? Do you feel like "damn, I could really use an extra hand here." as enemies overwhelm you?

If the answer to any of these is "yes" then you are bad at the game have a point to complain about. Otherwise, do your missions, extract when ready and don't look back. Honestly, I only group up with pubs for extra enemy spawns or relic choices, and as long as said person provides those, they could go watch YouTube for all I care. And I certainly don't want to lose my ability to fish and mine when I want to because a few people like the OP are too morally burdened to simply ignore (mostly harmless) leeches.

1 minute ago, zNightWolfz said:

3 solutions for you

1 put it in solo

2 put in friends

3 put in invite only

you joined a public  open mission what do you expect ....

I never understood this mentality. DE should be making efforts to improve the quality of the overall experience of their game which should include public matches and matchmaking. 

1 minute ago, nickelshark said:

I never understood this mentality. DE should be making efforts to improve the quality of the overall experience of their game which should include public matches and matchmaking. 

When you join the Pug Army you do what the pug army does. 

1 minute ago, nickelshark said:

The mentality is very simple. My enjoyment comes from fighting enemies and completing objectives.
Leeches don't get in the way of either of these. For the matter of fact, more afk leeches = more enemies for me to kill = more loot and EXP = more fun. Idk about you, people.

I say let them, fish and mine to their hearts content in a public group but if they so choose to the entire group should get a equal split of what they are getting seems only fair since they are reaping the rewards of the rest of the group doing the bounties. In some cases the people doing the bounties may even make out like bandits as their fishing/mining abilites may be way lower than the person doing the fishing

3 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

I say let them, fish and mine to their hearts content in a public group but if they so choose to the entire group should get a equal split of what they are getting seems only fair since they are reaping the rewards of the rest of the group doing the bounties. In some cases the people doing the bounties may even make out like bandits as their fishing/mining abilites may be way lower than the person doing the fishing

+1

5 hours ago, nickelshark said:

This mentality is something that's been around more than 5 years.  The problem is that Open Roam is opening up a new set of problems with the game that wasn't foreseen more than 2 years ago..  Solo, Invite only and Friends only is simply a temporary band aid that needs improvement.  Especially when you consider that we're getting another open roam on Venus.  

Peculiar thing I noticed, what OP proposes is actually already in the game. 

When we get a Free Roam Plains sortie, fishes and mine ores do not spawn at all. You can only leave by finishing bounties.

Making some sort of bounties-only option, I don't see downsides to that.

All you can do right now is just leave the session, whether or not you sabotage the player by intentionally failing the mission before you go is up to you.

As for your suggestion. It may help stop some people from doing it but others will just do something else or afk, not to mention that it's a slap in the face to those who might fish or mine just for a moment if the opportunity is there (on the way to the next part of the bounty). Perhaps allowing players to leave the bounty early via activating the door to town would work better, it could start a timer that would allow others to leave and stay together by doing the same.

There are bugs where even if youre on invite only or solo people can join you in the plains, has happened to me when i was solo hunting dagryns for a riven and some people randomly joined me running a bounty. I was on invite only at the time, maybe thats how he paired with you?

On 2018-06-20 at 9:13 AM, MBaldelli said:

This matchmaking thing seriously needs to be examined.  I sometimes end up being on the Plains in Open and suddenly I find people going into matchmake when I'm in the middle of mining or fishing.  Excuse me, but while this might get your blood boiling, imagine you're not the only one that has that going for them.  

While I normally clear out of the group by going to ESC and leave, I didn't ask to be included in a bounty mission for Eidolons when I'm not dressed for it.  

As it currently stands, I agree there should be a better way to control matchmaking on the open plains.  But this draconian suggestion of forcing players to play your way is only going to create unnecessary salt.  

Perhaps setting a checkbox method for whether people want to be included and in what might be better.  

This would seem to be a bug, and should indeed get fixed.  Once fixed, I'm not at all sure it's so draconian to ask players to focus on the mission they specifically signed up for, rather than doing something they could do on their own (or in a free-roam group, even) at any time.  Some people go and hunt Ayatans when they sign up for a Capture mission, or things like that.  At least the map (and hence the length of their detour) is pretty limited.  There's a huge difference of degree to mining in the plains, and also a difference in kind to fishing, where they never run out!

Having a toggle, then being matched with a host that matches your selection, sounds good in theory, but even if we had 1 such toggle for every game mode, and even if players split 50/50 on their choice, you're still halving the potential people to play with.  Better to make missions (in places where you also can choose not to do missions) just be missions.

Rivens are there on every mission, but you only have so many rivens to unlock, and most of them either don't get in the way of completing your mission, or would even more easily be done alone.

Edited by mactrent

12 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

There are bugs where even if youre on invite only or solo people can join you in the plains, has happened to me when i was solo hunting dagryns for a riven and some people randomly joined me running a bounty. I was on invite only at the time, maybe thats how he paired with you?

This has happened to me before, too. And idc what you’re doing but if I’m halfway through farming gems, fishing, or whatever, I ain’t leaving cause others wanna do a bounty.