Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I am at odds with Frost mains

Raspberry

8 hours ago, Raspberry said:

queuing in public matches.

and there's your problem right there. you choose to pug, you choose to forfeit the chance of having a good team, and should be willing to accept whoever you are joined with. if you went Solo or with friends, you'd never run into a bad Frost. take it or leave it, but that's your best option for avoiding these scenarios.

very rare I run into a globe-happy frost, and even when I do, it's only a problem for longer ranges, and I prefer close combat so I just run through the globe to the enemy if needs be.

I agree with the sentiment that a bad player can screw it for everyone, but I don't think anything needs changing.  If it's a big issue it should be an incentive to find and befriend good players, with such a group you could then do flawless runs and clean up while all the bad players rot in the public cesspool.

Missions are generally short in this game, I've had bad players screw up a mission, I've been a bad player screwing up a mission, most of the time the rest of the team is so awesome that there's no negative effect overall.  Can recall one or two instances in thousands of missions where a bad player caused the mission to fail.  Either way, it's usually over quickly then onto the next.

There are really only two proper ways to play Frost.

1. Neutral range (sometimes even negative) + high/extreme strength/armor globe build. Brings decent utility with his bubble at the objective. Can still be decent with avalanche.

2. High range, high strength avalanche build with augment. Great group buffer and debuffer that doesnt rely on the globe to protect the objective.Globe is still useful on Mobile Defense maps and very open defense tiles i.e not Hydron.

#2 is my favorite since I love the whole Frost tank idea, which he becomes with the avalanche augment. It also makes the rest of the group tanky. It is also a wonderful build for all types of missions, absolutley amazing in survival.

Frosts pooping out snowglobes as if they were modern art installations make me sick because they are of no use, only a massive hindrance to ranged fire. One globe is more than enough at the point it is needed. If you need to place a new one just destroy your first.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Eh the only time Frost ever bothers me is when they toss up a bubble directly in front of me when i'm using a Zarr........ but then I've run into the same issue with Necros resurrecting Arctic Eximus units....

Usually all you need to do to "deal" with a problem frost player is explain things to them like how they can dispell their existing/unwanted bubbles with their 1. Cause most of the time the people I run into who litter the game with bubbles just don't know that it's a thing they can even do. 

Once they know they are typically much better at picking up after themselves. Generally they have been quite appreciative for the info. Just don't start off by yelling at them, cause that is gonna get you exactly nowhere and fast. 

Edited by Oreades

I feel your pain. Too many frost users out there just hindering their team mates with snowglobes (the worst for me is interceptions cuz the put 1 over my tower and I’m using lenz. Nearly kill myself with every shot and they NEVER TAKE IT DOWN!). And the worst part is their complete self entitled jerks when you do ask them to remove the globe their always “I can play how I want”. 

When Explosive weapons used to be exceptionally good, Frost bubbles annoyed tf out of me. It truly destroyed my enjoyment seeing a ****er put up a Snowglobe in front of me and then killing me outright because I was using an explosive weapon on a target and it ricochets back to me OHKOing me. Not to mention Snowglobes littered all over the damn map can really be a huge deterrent for explosive gunplay that it was literally cancerous to be matched up with a Frost in PuG matches.

Since Saryn 2.0 and maining her since that first iteration, or since Saryn Prime’s entry into the Warframeverse, I have made it a goal to make Frosts feel illegitimate in-game. Useless. Keep using your Snowglobes. Be that bubble boy. I’ll just kill everything on the map so that you can stay still and camp.

That vengeance, my rancor for Frosts knows no boundaries. Still to this day my hatred for them is still unsettled. 

If you PuG with me as a Frost on PS4, let it be known that I will do all that I can in-game that you’ll barely lay a finger on an enemy.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

When Explosive weapons used to be exceptionally good, Frost bubbles annoyed tf out of me. It truly destroyed my enjoyment seeing a ****er put up a Snowglobe in front of me and then killing me outright because I was using an explosive weapon on a target and it ricochets back to me OHKOing me. Not to mention Snowglobes littered all over the damn map can really be a huge deterrent for explosive gunplay that it was literally cancerous to be matched up with a Frost in PuG matches.

Since Saryn 2.0 and maining her since that first iteration, or since Saryn Prime’s entry into the Warframeverse, I have made it a goal to make Frosts feel illegitimate in-game. Useless. Keep using your Snowglobes. Be that bubble boy. I’ll just kill everything on the map so that you can stay still and camp.

That vengeance, my rancor for Frosts knows no boundaries. Still to this day my hatred for them is still unsettled. 

If you PuG with me as a Frost on PS4, let it be known that I will do all that I can in-game that you’ll barely lay a finger on an enemy.

Ironic that I find Frost far more tolerable in radiation hazard and Void missions because I can self-proc radiation and completely destroy their bubbles. To me, the worst Frost is actually one that plops Snow Globes everywhere and *doesn't* use them, because that means he has no idea what he's doing and isn't even using his own misplaced Snow Globes (so they're always guaranteed to stay and be forgotten).

12 hours ago, Canach said:

I use Frost for defense/mobile defense/extractor missions, but understand the issues a poorly played Frost can cause.

• Frost should not buff range, but rather strength - this makes the bubble around any objective much smaller and less of an issue, and Strength vs Range is a fair trade for Avalanche as well.
  • Frost should choose energy color carefully - it should not be invisible, or too solid - go for transparency with just enough visibility - recommend a light blue or green with low saturation (like original or gamma palate)
  • Frost should watch chat and be fine with popping the bubble if requested (#1 Freeze from outside the bubble will pop it) - the aforementioned Hydron often does not need protecting, and cross fire can be more advantageous, also, maybe you have a Limpo who wants to play, or another defensive frame like Vauban, Gara, or Khora.
  • Frost should NEVER litter a zone with bubbles - one bubble on the defense objective is really really all anybody needs, multiple bubbles are for solo survival missions only. The only mission where you will leave bubbles around is extraction missions - because extractors often respawn in the exact same place, inside an existing bubble. Multiple bubbles for defensive areas should not be used in team play - ever! And please let me NEVER see another Frost bubble in the Index (grrrr)
  • Some people don't like Frost to bubble the defense objective against Infested. This is always a good idea when you solo vs infested, because of slowing, putrid stuff blocking, and (if you have the augment) freezing those who enter - again watch the chat and leave off the bubble if requested. I will still bubble a defense objective vs infested unless someone requests otherwise.
  • Frost are not locked to their bubble, but should own the defense objective and keep careful watch - the bubble does not defend itself and other players will assume that the Frost and bubble have the defense - let them go hunting, you stay close to the objective!
  • Frosts are well served with pole arms and flame throwers

A properly played Frost can virtually remove any chance of defense failure, give players a 'safe zone', and can frequently strip armor with avalanche, making a huge positive contribution!

I could give you a similar list how how to "properly play" Limbo pre-Stasis change, but that doesn't mean anything.  They still changed Stasis because people didn't "properly play" Limbo.

Multiple globes can be a bit annoying at times, I just ask them politely to remove the old one and they usually do. New players usually don't know how to do that, so just quickly explain it. For those that keep it up, all you can do adapt and do something different.

-OldManTenno

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oldmantenno
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyViDPUR4u_seHDdoyT3AIw
Twitter - https://twitter.com/OldManTenno

14 hours ago, polarity said:

Are you S#&$ting me?

That has to be the single worst use of globes imaginable.  There are interception maps where you can stand in one spot and cover the consoles of at least 3 towers UNLESS some idiot puts globes on them, forcing everyone to guard one tower each (and how many games have you seen people do that, rather than play hallway-hero?), and making it so you can't clear enemies off a tower without moving inside the bubble.  If you want to defend towers, bring a gara or vauban, who can do it properly, instead of just by slowing, and without blocking gunfire.

Anywhere else that forces me to get into melee range to kill something, and takes away my ability to use ranged weapons, makes you no better than Limbo.  Plenty of groups have lost a Speed Nova for Hydron or Akkad (my fame of choice for levelling other gear, because it's actually useful to the team), because I'm not playing missions with the annoyance of an utterly unnecessary bubble, where the mission should instead be made as easy as possible to reduce the grind.

BUt for solo ? he is right. I dont care what anyone says. It works, Ive seen it work