Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Wraith: Do I need another Primary?

Kebast

I have the Ignis Wraith forma’d 4 times, with all 4 60/60 status mods plus the other common fare. I use this weapon 95% of the time, with the other 5% being mostly Tigris Prime. Is there any better weapon? It mostly cleans up even on lv100 sortie, unless there’s some super modification of enemies. I have the Tiberon Prime, Braton Prime (with Riven), and most other weapons in the game, and I just can’t find much better than the Ingis. Am I missing something?

Tell me something else fun to use that’s just as good.

11 minutes ago, Kebast said:

Tell me something else fun to use that’s just as good.

I have quite a bit of fun with my Amprex.

Provided you have at least one weapon of each type (bow, sniper, shotgun etc) there is no issue. Use whatever you have the most fun with.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I have quite a bit of fun with my Amprex.

Provided you have at least one weapon of each type (bow, sniper, shotgun etc) there is no issue. Use whatever you have the most fun with.

I like the Amprex, it is pretty good fun. I just like the idea of a flame thrower a bit more 🙂

Just now, Hunter.Ace said:

Supra Vandal, Zarr, Sobek(Acid Shell), Baza(silent without mod), Buzlok(Secondary locking),  .. just try weapons with interesting passive or augments.

Supra Vandal I’ve not had a chance to get yet. I wasn’t high enough MR the last time Baro had it. The rest, except for Zara I’ve tried. They are OK

2 minutes ago, Kebast said:

I like the Amprex, it is pretty good fun. I just like the idea of a flame thrower a bit more 🙂

I use the Amprex for general gameplay. Simply because I like it. If you like Ignis, use that instead.

You just need the extra weapons to be eligible for the "X weapon type required" for Sorties.

Always keep one of each type around with an acceptable amount of forma put into them. I use the following.

Shotgun = Arca Plasmor

Sniper = Lanka and Vectis Prime

Assault = Ignis Wraith, Synapse, Ferrox, Amprex and Supra Vandal

Bow = Zhuge (used to use Dread)

Secondary = Prisma Angstrum, Twin Grakatas, Atomos, Akstiletto Prime, Aklex Prime, Akbolto Prime

Melee = Tonbo (due to having a good riven for it), Lesion

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Always keep one of each type around with an acceptable amount of forma put into them. I use the following.

Shotgun = Arca Plasmor

Sniper = Lanka and Vectis Prime

Assault = Ignis Wraith, Synapse, Ferrox, Amprex and Supra Vandal

Bow = Zhuge (used to use Dread)

Secondary = Prisma Angstrum, Twin Grakatas, Atomos, Akstiletto Prime, Aklex Prime, Akbolto Prime

Melee = Tonbo (due to having a good riven for it), Lesion

Thanks. There’s a few here I haven’t built properly. Arca Plasmor needs more forma. I’ll have to check out the Prisma Angstrum. I used to love my Tonbo back in the day. I use a Cassowar now since I have a Riven for it

Just now, Kebast said:

Thanks. There’s a few here I haven’t built properly. Arca Plasmor needs more forma. I’ll have to check out the Prisma Angstrum. I used to love my Tonbo back in the day. I use a Cassowar now since I have a Riven for it

Arca Plasmor is my go-to weapon for Saryn. With a Gas setup along with the debuffs she brings with her kit it just destroys everything. Prisma Angstrum same thing, around 60k gas damage on it along with Saryn just makes it so damn good.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Arca Plasmor is my go-to weapon for Saryn. With a Gas setup along with the debuffs she brings with her kit it just destroys everything. Prisma Angstrum same thing, around 60k gas damage on it along with Saryn just makes it so damn good.

I do love my Saryn P, so I'll definitely have to give that a try! 

I usually go with the Arca Plasmor or Telos Boltor just because I like them.

I got the Supra Vandal from the TennoCon relay but I'm yet to try it.

My clan doesn't have Ignis Wraith, and I'm unwilling to leave them because they helped me a lot when I started the game. 😕

Just now, AJ5511 said:

Opticor, it solves all your problems (by incinerating them of course)

True, I've got that sitting at lv30 with nothing in it. I should dust it off and give it some love. 

I use a Jat Kittag with Vulcan Blitz and speed mods for great fun!

I also really enjoy my Baza, which has a Primed Fast Hands for near instant reload (RoF 16.7, Mag 40), 6 Forma, and a nice Riven - a great rifle now, but I had to "fix" it first. Really enjoy the high RoF with 111% Crit and pinpoint accuracy in a silent rifle.

2 minutes ago, Kebast said:

True, I've got that sitting at lv30 with nothing in it. I should dust it off and give it some love. 

Good idea, I'm in the process of putting a few formas on it. I have argon scope and bladed rounds installed, just need a riven and I can one shot all of the enemies in the game.

Thanks all. I have 20 forma and a few catalyst saved up. Looks like Arca Plasmor and Opticor will be my next projects. I'll keep an eye out for the prisma/supra weapons as well! 

Along with finishing out my Tiberon P and Braton P, that should keep me busy for a couple weeks 😜