Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About ex [DE(us)]Mynki....

Tsoe

Does anyone know if he is fine and all....

i'll never forget he was the Ace card of WF the guy who gave birth thoose crazy design who made WF warframe

Edited by Tsoe

2 hours ago, Skepsis said:

As much as mynki was an "OG" Warframe Dev. The team is astronomically better off now design wise. 

But we have him to thank for the groundwork 

I respectfully disagree. I think Warframe's design is in a much worse place with Keith Thompson than it was with Mynki. Thompson has stripped away nearly everything that made the Grineer, Orokin, Sentient, and Tenno factions unique design-wise for something quite generic-looking. Fortunately he hasn't touched the Corpus for now.

3 hours ago, Croise said:

Hmm really?and why  i may ask

If I have to hazard a guess, it could be because it "freed" the team from having a singular monotheistic design for the Warframes and Warframe in general, which is both a great blessing and a terrible curse.

Edited by Unus

5 hours ago, Skepsis said:

As much as mynki was an "OG" Warframe Dev. The team is astronomically better off now design wise. 

Better? Better? Seriously better? If they could design proper symmetric pants for my Tenno I would say their okay.. But really their not better. 

il y a 31 minutes, Sibernetika a dit :

Better? Better? Seriously better? If they could design proper symmetric pants for my Tenno I would say their okay.. But really their not better. 

I agree , they are good yeah a bit more mainstream but not better

Also with the lore going on , the old design make sense , mutation ignoring symetry sound legit

even so i hated some of them at first cause , some of this have a beautifull ugliness , while some other are just perfectly perfect

Edited by Tsoe

29 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

I agree , they are good yeah a bit more mainstream but not better

Also with the lore going on , the old design make sense , mutation ignoring symetry sound legit

even so i hated some of them at first cause , some of this have a beautifull ugliness , while some other are just perfectly perfect

That would be correct but my operator isn't wearing infested clothing 

8 hours ago, Skepsis said:

IDK...Ember Deluxe was the only chance Ember will ever officially escape from a mohawk aaaaaaand now it turned out to be another mohawk. Yes I know Tennogen but there's not a single OFFICIAL EMBER ARKWORK without the d@mn mohawk. (And Nyx too)

Edited by Marvelous_A

Il y a 4 heures, NightmareT12 a dit :

Errr...

Ahem

Regarding OP's questions: from what I know Mynki is pretty well and is working on Project Biomodus, which is from another ex DE member if I ain't mistaken!

Allright thx as well , gonna check it out

9 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

IDK...Ember Deluxe was the only chance Ember will ever officially escape from a mohawk aaaaaaand now it turned out to be another mohawk. Yes I know Tennogen but there's not a single OFFICIAL EMBER ARKWORK without the d@mn mohawk. (And Nyx too)

There was no chance they would make a skin that wasn't distinctly Ember or Nyx, something that includes bits like the "mohawk". 

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

There was no chance they would make a skin that wasn't distinctly Ember or Nyx, something that includes bits like the "mohawk". 

there was no chance when mynki was still with DE. As far as I remember the entire reason that gorgeous Ember delux skin was never made was because Mynki changed a bunch of stuff with the art, like including a mohawk.

Also, how does a flaming and smoking lava-esk skin not distinctly ember?

1 minute ago, HerpDerpy said:

there was no chance when mynki was still with DE. As far as I remember the entire reason that gorgeous Ember delux skin was never made was because Mynki changed a bunch of stuff with the art, like including a mohawk.

Without the mohawk, it looked like Nova.

Mynki was not the be all, end all of Art at DE. Even skipping over the other half of that stupid skin tempest in a teapot, so what if there were changes made? Why would that make them not do a design?

The frames' silhouettes are part of their identity. The mohawk is a big part of Ember's silhouette. Nyx's only real difference with Excal is the crest on her helmet.

14 hours ago, Sibernetika said:

Asymmetry is fu¢king awesome though. I love the recent asymmetric designs

12 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

This. I personally boy cotted the ember deluxe. I hate how she HAS TO HAVE that fu¢king mowak. 

Also, I personally don't like minki because he made Oberon... And I find his base skin SOOO damn ugly 

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

Also, I personally don't like minki because he made Oberon...

IMO, Oberon Prime was a thematic @#&$-up - especially that God-awful helm.

He also did a few other skins - primed and otherwise - that arguably missed the mark. Yes, some of his design work was really interesting, but other designs left much to be desired. Mynki had talent for sure, but his designs were rather hit and miss.

2 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

there was no chance when mynki was still with DE.

It could be argued that Mynki pretty much had a stranglehold / to much influence on what designs wound up getting approved around there. That said, I feel his leaving was a good thing for all concerned.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

If I have to hazard a guess, it could be because it "freed" the team from having a singular monotheistic design for the Warframes and Warframe in general, which is both a great blessing and a terrible curse.

Very true and well said.

3 hours ago, Jin_Lightning said:

Art is art, and saying that some design is bad is strictrly opinion.

And if a lot of people say that their opinion of a given skin / model is that it's bad for whatever reason, it stands to reason that not as many people will obtain said skin / model.

A smart move is generally to go with a design that seems to be popular with a given target audience. You stand to make more money that way.

3 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

This.