Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Multishot Change Mentioned In Devstream 59 [Megathread]

Invalid_Infinity

Nerfing damage without changing the stupid enemy level scaling? What the hell.

Explanation:

1. You use multishot mods but you quickly run out of ammo, making weapons unusable in endless missions; in endless missions you need good ammo efficiency because of the amount of enemies that endlessly spawn, but you also need good damage because enemies levels scale endlessly.

2. You don't use multishot mods but you do literally half or even less of the damage.

With this change multishot will be as fundamental as it is now, but it'll also make most if not all of the weapons worthless in endless missions. It's an implicit damage nerf.

Edited by PapaFragolino

The multishot change is good. It was a thing in Dark Sector, and I was waiting for it to happen here. 

Thanks DE for doing this. About time the 90% was made into a 90% chance of consuming 2 shots :P

(really meaning it. The change is good. You might not like it, but scr*w yer Hek multi awesomeness)

Don't see why not, they're trying to make modding have less mandatory stuff and make it more about choices.

I can see how some weapons are going to be hit very, very hard. But i'm pretty certain they'll iron out the bugs and do some rebalancing

I kind of saw something like this coming, I think a lot of us did. It's become a basically mandatory mod on most primary weapons and has no drawback whatsoever on like 99% of weapons. 

I'm sure people will complain. I'm also sure this change won't surprise plenty of us. And I'm sure plenty of us will just move on. 

I for one would like to have to actually think about using mods first, so I welcome a change like this. I love stuff like corrupted mods, or anything similar that makes you make a difficult choice for your build. In my opinion this is something logical that should have been around in the first place. 

Edit: I would have to take it off my Amprex. But tbh, I'm not sure how good it is on continuous weapons anyways. The Amprex could use more slot room to begin with. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Sure it sucks to have things nerfed, but it makes sense to give something a drawback. The proposed change is that multishot will consume more ammo, and some weapons will be rebalanced for it.

Currently you don't even have to think about it; add multishot, no drawback whatsoever. It has the serration problem of being a 'must-have' because there's no drawback. 

But yeah. Hold off your rage. Think about it first. 

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Not going to stop people from using it. Will only lower ammo efficiency, and hurt weapons that have poor efficiency even more now.

Kinda need some ammo 2.0 so that we don't need -10- rifle ammo boxes for 1 soma clip, for example. Percentage based restores please.

Edited by Zagrax

I don't care the pure damage mods nerfing if they buff the utility mods into a normal level to consider to use them and with the enemy scaling which is broken from the beginning. If they doesn't scale the enemies then everyone can say a bye bye to the harder levels. Thankies but not interestend in bandaid solutions. Make that damn AI better and more skillful instead of bullet sponges.

My opinion is they purely not know how to fix their broken armor/mob/mod system scaling.

Edited by Sziklamester