Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People do not play Lunaro anymore !

Jade.Light

So recently I tried to play Lunaro for the first time and no one showed up. I tired again and same happened. But other modes like DM and TDM had more players.

I think this is due to the actual skill requirement in Lunaro rather than an OP frame or weapon. 

What changes can be made to make Lunaro, heck to even overall Conclave to make it better? 

P.S. I hate being match made against MR 18 players in TDM n DM which suggests very very low player base.

Edited by Simmar0041

The optimist in me is still scratching his head, but the cynic in me is offering an answer: go back in time and magically make the concept of "let's all jump on the Rocket League bandwagon" a good and viable business strategy that results in fun gameplay additions. Sadly I don't think we can spontaneously generate a magic fantasy land

What do you mean "anymore"? I was already a veteran when Lunaro was introduced and I never managed to find a Lunaro match. Not once did I find an open session, not once did someone show up when I opened one.

(Not that I did try very hard to play Lunaro...)

If you want to try that, your safest bet is probably to recruit people (here on the forum would probably best to ensure you get as many people as possible) for a match, agree on a time that is convenient, and then finally have a Lunaro match.

15 minutes ago, Simmar0041 said:

I think this is due to the actual skill requirement in Lunaro rather than an OP frame or weapon. 

Actually it's more just the fact that for a lot of people it's shallow and not really fun to play unless it's against a couple of friends.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

you rghit . rebbeca siad it upfront. that it was mistake and you allowed to make them some time.

i actully will love to if they give the pvp more balence . but they spend so much time on it and it still not there. 

PVE however . every update is a hit

People play lunaro, just not many. If you want to find matches you need to go at certain hot times on either the NA or Europe server.
The problem with lunaro is that ping is going to determine your performance in a match. If you have 200+ ping you arent going to be able to pick up the ball, unstable it, or do many actions if the other player with better ping is going after it. I've had the ball unstabled out of my hands, or had it switched from my hands to another player's simply because of ping. 

I play conclave daily for the challenges and from I have seen usually its people are in Anihilation and the team version of it. Capture the cephalon has some people here and there due to the challenges are easy to do for it. As for lunaro I dont go there much for reason being I cant play it much and then when I get in a match which rarely happens I get paired I get demolished by people scoring with unstable lunaros

We had 2 tournaments during the summer holidays actually, quite enjoyable. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/298892691?collection=3c98yIhURhV7sA

Can't speak for other regions, but EU has decent enough activity in lunaro, though not necessarily always public games. (no ability to organise teams properly, various matchmaking bugs such as 2v1 in warmup becoming 3v1 in warmup because reasons, preventing match starting, people that are disliked being able to join, etc.)

It feels like DE abandoned it though, the last fix/change was when you could literally not end a public match without everyone crashing (thus also voiding rewards and challenges). The main changes it needs: removing ball-guard (should also fix stagger immunity issues), DElay for pickup/unstable after a throw lowered to at least 0.3s from 0.5 (the amount of times I've missed a perfect shot because I broke the speed limit...), adding knockdown immunity to checks (ONLY knockdown, not stagger) so lag doesn't make defending 5x harder because you can't defend against successive shots even though you did in fact hit it the first time.

Lunaro for now can be fun on 2 terms. Either you are really good at it, or u have a bunch of friends to play with. When i decided to learn to play it what rubbed me the wrong way mostly is how u can just win whole match yourself and make a round last few seconds for each goal (if you are Ronaldo of Lunaro). Big no no for me. In TDM or DM even if u aren't that good u still can "score" something for yourself or finish some challenges towards weekly reward or help your team win and that's why people choose to go there, not Lunaro.

Problem is that it's team-based game where cooperation is needed. It's hard to cooperate however when you get a team full of random people and you have no idea how skilled they are and how much experience they have with Lunaro in general. It's a flawed system and it's not rewarding you properly for playing as well. So, people rather do like Lunaro doesn't even exist, I agree that it's an interesting game and with many interesting concepts but the way DE implemented it is bad.

Edited by CoreXCZ

• 1 month later...

There is definitely a way to find lunaro matches consistently, but it takes a little time at first. Add people who play very often to your friends list. Whenever you find a match with someone who is a decent player, chances are they play often. Add them with a message like, "Lunaro?". Now, you'll be able to see whenever they're playing in a match, and you'll have the option to join them if it's public. When you join them, there's a good chance that they'll be playing against another decent player. Add that person too. Eventually, you'll build up a small group of people you can play with. If you have enough, chances are pretty good that at least one of them will be online and willing to play if you ever want a match. If you're having trouble finding people to add, search some youtube videos of lunaro and add the players in the videos. Hope this helps.

On 2018-09-21 at 7:42 PM, CoreXCZ said:

Problem is that it's team-based game where cooperation is needed. It's hard to cooperate however when you get a team full of random people and you have no idea how skilled they are and how much experience they have with Lunaro in general. It's a flawed system and it's not rewarding you properly for playing as well. So, people rather do like Lunaro doesn't even exist, I agree that it's an interesting game and with many interesting concepts but the way DE implemented it is bad.

I have found it very easy to find out someone's experience in random matches. If you don't know right off the bat during warmup by watching them, you can hit ESC, then click "show profile". Scroll on over to stats. Scroll down far enough and it will show you that person's complete lunaro experience, including how many games they've played, how many goals they've gotten, and how many points they've acquired total. The win/loss ratio is not important, ignore that. The most important is the total games played. I've found it slopes off at around 500-1,000 games played, and at that point players will be pretty evenly matched and natural talent takes precedent over experience. Sorry for the ramble.