Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Needs a total rework

(XBOX)GrandSageDragon

now with chroma prime comming in 8 days chroma needs all 4 powers completely reworked with 1 and 4 changed entirely but de wont do it anytime soon after there failure of a rework earlier this year it just doesnt cut it he's even worse now the he was before the vex rework so we need to let de know he needs the rework now before prime drops

1. Pacing. Try to say that sentence in perfect cadence without taking a single breath

2. Please think out your post a little more. Not only does it come off as incredibly rude, but it's incoherent.

3. Only 1 and 4 need an overhaul. The other abilities are fine for now, unless you're calling for nerfs on those and it really looks like you're calling for a nerf. If that is not the case, then refer to my first two points.

1 & 4 definitely need reworks.

Vex armor's armor calculation needs to reverted. It used to be total and now is base. He lost a ton of EHP because of this for no good reason. The damage from total to base is fine. The damage difference is minimal. And yes I am aware that old vex dmg bonus was bugged like stealth gas. I'm talking about correct calculation vex total dmg bonus.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)EmpreyonQueen said:

now with chroma prime comming in 8 days chroma needs all 4 powers completely reworked with 1 and 4 changed entirely but de wont do it anytime soon after there failure of a rework earlier this year it just doesnt cut it he's even worse now the he was before the vex rework so we need to let de know he needs the rework now before prime drops

yeah. no. Chroma isn't perfect, but his 2 and 3 work fine now, and his 1 and 4 need QoL changes at best. slightly more damage on Spectral Scream and Effigy's fire would decent enoguh, the real problem with Chroma, which everybody seems to ignore, is his "passive"; element decided by energy colour is a terrible system, that impedes fashionframe and 2/4 of them are never used because they're just far too weak compared to Fire or Ice Chroma.

proposed changes:

- allow players to select their element of choice in the arsenal, with a slot underneath your melee weapon. (same place you would see Exalted weapons). provide a description of how each element affects Chroma so players can better understand what they're selecting. 

- get rid of any ties to Colour, so that Chroma can be customized as freely as any other frame. some of us might want blue fire because it looks cool for example, but we can't have that with the current system.

- rework Toxin and electric Chroma to have more useful buffs. I think Toxin Chroma should apply Crit buffs, while Electric Chroma can focus more on CC, as examples. current buffs are way too lacklustre compared to what other frmes can do.

with changes like these, Chroma would be in a good spot: a totally modular frame that can provide mixtures of health, armour, damage and CC support to a team.

He needs a massive rework.

The offensive aura from his #2 should be turned into his #1, so instead of the fire breath you simply put a buff up that deal elemental damage to everything within X meters based on your energy color. Kinda like how Nezha's 1 works now.

The rest of his #2 should merge with his #3 and keep that spot.

A new #2 will be needed along with a new #4.

Someone mentioned a leap attack as his new #2 or #3 in another thread regarding this, and that seems to be a good option for a new #2. His new #4 could be a steroid for him, increasing damage of #1 and #2 while increasing the buffs from his #3 while also increasing the build up multiplier on Vex.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the real problem with Chroma, which everybody seems to ignore, is his "passive"; element decided by energy colour is a terrible system, that impedes fashionframe and 2/4 of them are never used because they're just far too weak compared to Fire or Ice Chroma.

chro·ma
ˈkrōmə/
noun
  1. purity or intensity of color.

Chroma will see a rework I'm sure. However, the amount of rework this buff this or nerf this is alarming. Whenever something comes out, there is a cry from this element of the community. If you don't like the state Chroma Prime is in when he launches, don't play the frame.

As for the topic of this thread I disagree. I do agree he needs a quality of life retooling, just like they gave limbo.

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- rework Toxin and electric Chroma to have more useful buffs. I think Toxin Chroma should apply Crit buffs, while Electric Chroma can focus more on CC, as examples. current buffs are way too lacklustre compared to what other frmes can do.

Toxin is freaking awesome as it is.

Reload speed is a HUGE thing for gunplay.

And holster speed too, when you're using different weapons for different damage types to deal with different enemies. Such as Corrosive primiry for general crowds and Radiation secondary to quickly pop pesky bombards.

5 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Toxin is freaking awesome as it is.

Reload speed is a HUGE thing for gunplay.

And holster speed too, when you're using different weapons for different damage types to deal with different enemies. Such as Corrosive primiry for general crowds and Radiation secondary to quickly pop pesky bombards.

I actually agree with Robotwars. Chroma's elements need to be reworked completely. If I were to do it, here is how I would go:

Fire= damage

Ice= defences(health, armor and shields, but at significantly reduced levels to account for buffing all three)

Electricity= mobility

Toxin= crit and status

Just now, Kerberos-3 said:

I actually agree with Robotwars. Chroma's elements need to be reworked completely. If I were to do it, here is how I would go:

Fire= damage

Ice= defences(health, armor and shields, but at significantly reduced levels to account for buffing all three)

Electricity= mobility

Toxin= crit and status

I wouldn't mind if something was added on top of current effects.

But I'd hate to see usefull things to be changed for the meta crowd who can't think and play outside the box.

1 minute ago, WindigoTG said:

I wouldn't mind if something was added on top of current effects.

But I'd hate to see usefull things to be changed for the meta crowd who can't think and play outside the box.

Who said anything about meta? The Meta crowd are the ones crying for the changes to be reverted so they can have Ice God Chroma back. Hell, the changes I want would enrage them to no end.

1. 1 needs to go, no matter how much you try to make this ability viable, nobody will ever use it unless it does god like levels of damage and the range and splash is increased.

2. 2 and 3 need to either be removed (opinion) De doesn't like chromas 3 let's just be completely honest here, if they don't change it then he will be a somewhat ok tank (nothing like inaros though.)

4. 4 Is hot trash on a sunny day, maybe put something actually useful here like cc or something, completely remove this ability.

5. Don't force synergies within the kit, don't want another frame where I have to repeatedly press a sequence of buttons just to get an effect and then have to do it over and over again, 2 and 3 synergy is fine. hopefully he retains the same play style depending on how they would rework him.

I have absolutely no intention of formaing chroma p simply because he is barely mediocre besides 1 niche area in the game which sucks because chroma was my favorite frame for a very long time due to me personally preferring solo play over team play, I had my hopes up when he was announced but since they said they won't rework him I don't even care anymore but hopefully they change their minds because I was honestly thinking about buying this prime access but not if he stays the way he is now.

16 minutes ago, bronzebonobo said:

1. 1 needs to go, no matter how much you try to make this ability viable, nobody will ever use it unless it does god like levels of damage and the range and splash is increased.

2. 2 and 3 need to either be removed (opinion) De doesn't like chromas 3 let's just be completely honest here, if they don't change it then he will be a somewhat ok tank (nothing like inaros though.)

4. 4 Is hot trash on a sunny day, maybe put something actually useful here like cc or something, completely remove this ability.

5. Don't force synergies within the kit, don't want another frame where I have to repeatedly press a sequence of buttons just to get an effect and then have to do it over and over again, 2 and 3 synergy is fine. hopefully he retains the same play style depending on how they would rework him.

I have absolutely no intention of formaing chroma p simply because he is barely mediocre besides 1 niche area in the game which sucks because chroma was my favorite frame for a very long time due to me personally preferring solo play over team play, I had my hopes up when he was announced but since they said they won't rework him I don't even care anymore but hopefully they change their minds because I was honestly thinking about buying this prime access but not if he stays the way he is now.

Make his 1 a fireball-style attack and rework his 4 so that we become the dragon ala Pixiewing mode.

He only needs minor tweaks at best. Make his spectral scream a projectile that plows through 3 or 4 enemies with a guaranteed status chance on the last impact. That way you don't get locked in that awkward stance of his. Effigy needs some numbers tweaked.

Otherwise? They'd better off reworking wukong cause he's in a more terrible state.

i think Chroma should become some aura based frame. it works pretty well in my head

his 1 turned into a cheap and long lasting aura of damage or debuffs. Nothing crazy, just something to have on top of the rest that might be somehow scaling with his vex armor for decent area damage/ debuffs

his 4 should be more cost efficient, follow him and keep acting in an aura-like area of effect providing some damage and cc.

Honestly those are all the changes i need for him, would still be great, far from broken but much more fitting the movement and fast pace of the game