Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favourite enemy quote!

Ivalyth

What's your favourite enemy quote in the entire game? This can range from actual boss messages to anything the normal soldiers yell.

Mine is either "Etjajitj tijkpitj ktopoyopy!" or "Patjepy poyapep." from Corpus Crewmen. I don't know, they just sound hilarious!

My favorite quote so far, I hope you like it too:

Spoiler

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

Edited by MaidGalaxy

11 minutes ago, MaidGalaxy said:

Hide contents

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

Oh dear. That's like the Navy Seals copypasta. I still remember the good 'ol T IV keys, you were mindlessly getting your xp and parts, and there you go, a 5-minute monologue on how you're not welcome here and yadda yadda. Good pick though! 😛

9 minutes ago, MaidGalaxy said:

Hide contents

Monolog man that takes 2m away from everyones life on void interception.

Got kan tero sonafa gunta 

Uk gar, Tenno sono ba horoi

You ever get hammered in that suit?

And I will strike down upon (Player) with great vengeance and furious anger!

Rraahudd Tenno! Now we fight together! Now we crush the greedy milk from their skulls. The Corpus will pay for their crimes with their useless lives.

You Tenno, you fight for treasure. You are just another Corpus machine to me!

One of them is wearing a scarf!

The Tenno hate our superiority! We will put them out of their jealous misery!

Death! Death! Death! Death to the Tenno!

In pods you have come, In caskets you will go!

Is this a gathering of the freaks?

and the best one for me ever is this also from the old nef anyo 

Fashion victims about to become murder victims.

You had me anxious, Tenno. Nervous. Pacing even. Didn't think you'd come. Such a relief. I'm very excited now. The anticipation... I'll finally get the chance to poke at you with my stick.

The Lotus... barking at you. Always so calm, always in control... She doesn't care about you, Tenno. She doesn't love the tubemen you murdered. Not like I loved you.

i might have gotten some things wrong but thats almost 100% accurate to the real thing.

Edited by (PS4)Pizza_Parker

My favorite quote not only from a villain, not only from Ballas, but from the game itself. Unchallenged, this quote holds the top spot for me.

"Before the vain faith, our people held dualism as truth. That all things were of two parts; mind and body, consciousness and matter. Of our world, and the Void. It was from there that our answer finally came. Distorted by vague horrors, we kept the Zariman survivors within a secret Reservoir. They were the missing half. Transference-linked; the Warframes the body, and they the mind. I give you now the coordinates and codes to this place. But do not underestimate these devils, Hunhow. They did what we could not. We had created monsters we couldn't control. We drugged them, tortured them, eviscerated them... We brutalized their minds, but it did not work. Until they came. And it was not their force of will, not their Void devilry, not their alien darkness... it was something else. It was that somehow, from within the derelict horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing, and take away its pain."

-Ballas, final Umbra Transference

Extra thoughts inside spoiler for those interested;

Spoiler

This quote really sums up the whole game in a sense. The last line,

"They had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing, and take away its pain." 

honestly made me cry and makes me emotional to this day, and I expect it will for years to come. It gives a new meaning to what the Warframes did for us in The Second Dream with War. Whether they care about us or not, they were mortally terrified of the idea of living the rest of their days in eternal, unbearable guilt and pain. The only thing they could do was wound themselves when breaking the War and save the Tenno. 

This entire quote not only gives a vague description of the Old War, but also explains some lore about the Orokin principles, religion, the explanation of Transference, the creation of the Warframes, and how it all works and ties together. It's a poetic masterpiece, and not only does it come from possibly the most soothing voice in existence, but also from a villain. It's ironic and beautiful in many ways. 

Warframe has a truly amazing lore, one that I am sure has made us all emotional from time to time. It's amazing to think that it was all made from a little company in Canada that, back in the day, just wanted to make a cool sci-fi shooter. 

Thank you, DE, for this masterpiece you have created. I only wish that I could introduce my friends to the game by showing them this quote, but I can't since it spoils everything about The Second Dream, the Warframes, the Old War, the Sentients, Ballas himself, etc. 

Edited by KelsierSurvivor