The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else really like revenant now?

(PSN)randy_lahey__--

il y a 32 minutes, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- a dit :

I hate that everyone one wrote him off as garbage before console players even got him. I've been playing around with him and he could easily be my new main. I geuss I always enjoy the underused warframes though.

its all about timing... you guys got the Revenant 2.0 diretly

well lets say , 1.5 .. cant call this a 2.0 yet xd

Edited by Tsoe

I really wanted to like him, but I just don't. I still like his looks, but it's just the abilities that urk me. 

Namely Enthrall and Reave. Reave not being its best without using it on thralled enemies strikes me as a good example of forced synergy and Enthrall just annoys me as an ability.

I thought I might get used to it, but with how the number got lowered from 20 to 4, then increased to 7 just felt like they found out what having this ability at its best could mean, so instead we got it in a very eh state.

Also that aspects of his kit working against itself annoys me too. Reave is for regenning Health/Shields, but you have Mesmer Skin which should be your tool to not take any damage at all. Same with the overshields from killing thralled targets with his 4. Also it works against his passive more than complimenting it.

I've made suggestions on how this could be made better, but they fullfilled only part of a request I agreed with and got behind, and even then it was in the most annoying way possible.

"Please make Reave give Mesmer Skin charges"

So what they did was make Mesmer Skin recastable, which was better, but not necessary? And in the same set of changes they made it so Reave can restore charges, but only when Reaving through enthralled enemies :facepalm:

I'm not sure what DE is trying to make of this frame, some people like him, some like me want to like him but don't. And some just dislike him.

Seeing how the Nezha changes completely overshadowed the Revenant changes made it clear that this frame is barely going to be used.  (About half of Revenant related videos are still about how to get him)

And that saddens me since he had potential, but the theme/abilities clash, the ability contradictions and the overeliance on thralls to get more out of him just make me not want to use him.

Good on you though that you see past his flaws and managed to enjoy him.

And sorry for using this thread to vent, as I said in my last post in the feedback megathread, I'm done giving feedback on Revenant.

Edited by Madway7

Imo Revenant has a problem using his Thralls because of how slow he is at making them and how fast we are at killing them. 

Having mesmer skin auto enthrall, and enthrall tagging more than one at the time. 

Tbh having mesmer skin being recastable only made him more boringly overpowered. I'd rather they fix their thrall interactions which would give his kit cohesion.

Have a hard time liking him, just not my playstyle i guess. Mesmer skin is great. But Dance mcabre i hardly use, feels boring lika a exalted weapon.

The thralls, don't see any use for them in starchart/sortie missions.

Going to take him for a 2h Mot, maybe at that level even the Thralls have use?

thralls need fixing for him to be any good - currently he's just a bit of a disco diva.

meh-smer skin is nice to be transferred to other using reave but i see very little effect from it - but that could just be my play style.

reave is just another rhino charge without damage.  since this is most effective when used on thralls - which get insta wiped by friendlies - its kind of a bit S#&$

danse macabre seems to be his party piece - its real nice that the damage is adaptive and with a sentinal with vacuum you can hoover up quite a few orbs on your travels to keep it charged. But it certainly seems to be lacking at higher levels even with the double drain double damage charge.
oh it does its just - it just feels really lacklustre.

i don't feel like i am actually doing anything while spinning..... to the point where i'd just rather not.

its just not a fun frame to use.

not when i have khora - ensnaring,strangledoming and lacerating the crap out of them with whipclaw.

i just don't see what revenant does that isn't done much better by other frames.

Nope, still don’t like him.

All his synergies are tied to Enthrall in some way and it’s his worst ability. Exploding their pillars with Danse is a nerf. Mesmer skin smoke needs to be toned tf down. And his casting animations are super slow. The only good thing I can find about him is that he’s more effective than Wukong, but that’s not a hard feat to achieve.

Damage reflection, enemy mind-control, leeching resources, aoe damage with overshields party support.  On paper, Revenant sounds like a really cool tanky support frame.  He's not my cup of tea, but as long as his skills stay balanced, useful, and functioning properly, I don't know why anyone would hate on him.  

I really liked him at launch.  He quickly became my favorite frame and still is by far my favorite frame.  DE just adding more to him didn't change that.  I am less cautious with Mesmer Skin now that I can re-cast it during a break in the action, and I actually make use of Reave (mostly for the ally buff for funzies).  That's about it for differences since launch on how I play him differently.  I still like to spam thralls for the fun of it/playing solo. I still think Revenant is the best frame for just jumping into any mission type, enemy level or squad size.  If DE ever introduces [elite] mystery missions, Revenant is my top frame of choice.  He has just enough survival, crowd control and damage to tackle anything quite well.  In fact, I think Revenant has some of the best crowd control in Warframe since his isn't total control.  I find total crowd control to be way too much usually as it slows all but the very hardest of Sortie missions. 

I know many players don't like Entrall, but I find them to be some of the best squad mates during solo Syndicate missions.  They never complain about me scouring the entire map.  In bulk (read: all 7 thralls) throw out surprisingly decent damage against Syndicate mission leveled enemies. I like how they die easily when they aren't needed.  As mentioned, I don't think of them as working for me so much as them no longer working for the enemy most of the time.

Honestly, I am more concerned with DE fiddling with his powers and changing them to not work as I have grown to enjoy them at this point.

2 hours ago, Madway7 said:

I really wanted to like him, but I just don't. I still like his looks, but it's just the abilities that urk me. 

Namely Enthrall and Reave. Reave not being its best without using it on thralled enemies strikes me as a good example of forced synergy and Enthrall just annoys me as an ability.

I thought I might get used to it, but with how the number got lowered from 20 to 4, then increased to 7 just felt like they found out what having this ability at its best could mean, so instead we got it in a very eh state.

Also that aspects of his kit working against itself annoys me too. Reave is for regenning Health/Shields, but you have Mesmer Skin which should be your tool to not take any damage at all. Same with the overshields from killing thralled targets with his 4. Also it works against his passive more than complimenting it.

I've made suggestions on how this could be made better, but they fullfilled only part of a request I agreed with and got behind, and even then it was in the most annoying way possible.

"Please make Reave give Mesmer Skin charges"

So what they did was make Mesmer Skin recastable, which was better, but not necessary? And in the same set of changes they made it so Reave can restore charges, but only when Reaving through enthralled enemies :facepalm:

I'm not sure what DE is trying to make of this frame, some people like him, some like me want to like him but don't. And some just dislike him.

Seeing how the Nezha changes completely overshadowed the Revenant changes made it clear that this frame is barely going to be used.  (About half of Revenant related videos are still about how to get him)

And that saddens me since he had potential, but the theme/abilities clash, the ability contradictions and the overeliance on thralls to get more out of him just make me not want to use him.

Good on you though that you see past his flaws and managed to enjoy him.

And sorry for using this thread to vent, as I said in my last post in the feedback megathread, I'm done giving feedback on Revenant.

Holy S#&$ your actually really right. He would be alot better if reave did just give u charges on any enemy and Mesmer skin wasn't recastable. I like your criticism as it's not just "De nerfed him like they nerf everything" kinda talk. I would like to see that change and mabey make enemies stunned by Mesmer skin Auto thrall, but that could be an augment to!

2 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Imo Revenant has a problem using his Thralls because of how slow he is at making them and how fast we are at killing them. 

Having mesmer skin auto enthrall, and enthrall tagging more than one at the time. 

Tbh having mesmer skin being recastable only made him more boringly overpowered. I'd rather they fix their thrall interactions which would give his kit cohesion.

Ya mabey the Mesmer skin Auto thrall could be an augment. If they doubled the cast time on enthrall or preferably made it AOE it would be a good thing.

I loved him at release and I love him even more now since the change so mesmer skin can be recast. The cost reduction to reave was great too. Perfect to get around the map with during danse. Sadly his thralls are only really useful as CC tools, the rest of the benefits are redundant due to how his kit works.

Still a really strong frame that can do everything really well.

3 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

And Revenant 3.0 is WIP , Rebecca said he will be getting more changes in one of latest prime times.

Yay, I'll continue to hold out hope. I mean he isn't outright bad or anything but his kit doesn't really feel great either. Could definitely stand a bit more polish. 

I keep really hoping that they do something to make the Thralls interesting and hamper the team killing/friendly fire issue. I'd personally love it if the Revenant was more of a "pet class" instead of the Thralls acting like a self buff with extra steps. 

I think most people are dissapointed with revenant, becuase they expect him to be something he's not. Mostly it's people thinking thralls should be some sort of auto enslavbed damage dealing army. This for a 1 ability. Or thye want to be able to turn on 4, walkj around killing everything forever, and never be bored.

What he is, or how I find him, is a solid tank, with some CC, the advantage in his CC being that it's local, and easily dispersed. By this I mean, his thralls work as an adjunct to his stun, and can be quicly killed, by anyone, instaead of being a map changing effect which is imposed on a team. This actaully makes it effective, and non intrusive. His 4, which people still persist in refeering to, reduntantly, as an 'Ult' (wrong game tbh), is best as a burst damage and clear abilty, not a turn on and wander around killing skill. you can do that, if you want, and it's easy to mod for, nerf or no. But it's boring, and why bore yourself, and everyone you play with?

I think his stunning power should have gone to a different frame. I love the sounds it makes but just not what I pictured for an eidolon themed warframe.  I also just really don't like his 1 because friendly fire kills them and that takes away from any enjoyment of the ability, feels like a waste of my time using it. 

I think hes great. hes got everything. I dumped six forma into making an umbral build for him. hes got survivability, crowd control, mobility, a great damage ability, and killer looks. complete package. so what if his cc isn't the greatest with randos. I usually run solo or with friends. and the pillars shooting the homing shots or exploding when hit by his ult makes them much more useful than they were as those tiny little things