Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone here felt like they were forced into buying a riven for 1000+ plat to enjoy the game?

Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, Yatazanami said:

holy molly ! you're really after my neck , you and the mods , and ive been playing this game since before you even know about it (joined 2013) i have enough ''rare'' rivens 

to burn in front of you without giving a damn , i am after the real cancer , the real 💩 , and dont you know how the riven system even comes about ?

because the way you've been replaying to my comments on the other thread tell me 2 things 

A - you really know the riven system is turning the game upside down and breaking more than fixing but you dont want it to be fixed for fishy reasons 

or 

B - you're completely ignorant to the picture this cancer is painting (ignorance is bliss, but not in this case)

Or C. I'm aware of the issues caused by rivens but don't have my head so far up my rear that i'm incapable of seeing just how badly the community will react to any change to the system no matter how small. People have spent thousands of plat for these "meta" rivens. This ain't no Pay once game, it's a free to play game and if the community is pissed enough they can hurt DE's hip pocket.

4 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Not trying to offend, but what is wrong with you, how did this idea even sprout...

You can enjoy this game without even touching a single riven.

Is this a disguised crytopic about high riven prices?

this is about the Riven System begin used for the exact damn opposite way DE intended, why would you buy or use a ''god-riven'' for 

Hind instead of Tiberon prime unless you're doing it for 💩 and giggles ?

14 hours ago, babywrath said:

No. Paying any more than 500p for a riven is insane. Why pay thousands of plat for a god riven when all of a sudden the disposition drops because of re-balancing. Byebye thousands of plat courtesy of DE. I do however enjoy selling rivens worth thousands of plat for that occasional lunatic who insists on absolute max values. Because of this, I almost never have god rivens because I immediately sell them to the highest bidder. I then turn to true end game where I throw all my plat away. Fashion Frame! (Forma too cuz I lazy)

Its been over 600 days since the last documented dispo change.

3 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Or C. I'm aware of the issues caused by rivens but don't have my head so far up my rear that i'm incapable of seeing just how badly the community will react to any change to the system no matter how small. People have spent thousands of plat for these "meta" rivens. This ain't no Pay once game, it's a free to play game and if the community is pissed enough they can hurt DE's hip pocket.

so you're admitting you dont give a damn about any of this and yet you still here ? and now i get it , oh yea ! seems like our boy dont want DE to take his 'GOD-TIER'

rivens so that is why hes hinting that the ''community'' will raise hell and cut funding if DE took a brave step to fix this mess , you're helping and willing to let

this caner spread and evolve because you have a horse in this race  ,plain and simple.

3 minutes ago, Yatazanami said:

so you're admitting you dont give a damn about any of this and yet you still here ? and now i get it , oh yea ! seems like our boy dont want DE to take his 'GOD-TIER'

rivens so that is why hes hinting that the ''community'' will raise hell and cut funding if DE took a brave step to fix this mess , you're helping and willing to let

this caner spread and evolve because you have a horse in this race  ,plain and simple.

And the winner of the gold medal in mental gymnastics is @Yatazanami For missing the point of my post entirely and coming up with a self servicing conspiracy theory instead.

FYI buttercup, i don't have any "god tier" rivens, unlike most 400P is the highest i go and no "god tier" is that low.

Edited by LupisV0lk

guys ! the riven cancer is not doing the work DE invented him for , its infesting everything it touches (rip LupisV0lkand making more gaping holes 

if they dont intervene soon and stop it from spreading , then i guaranteed it this cancer will be impossible to treat in the near future .

Edited by Yatazanami

14 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

How does a game force one to buy something from another player?

Does it hold your WiFi hostage and send you text messages saying buy a Riven for 1000+ or the Router gets it?

I am curious on this....

This.  If you invest time, you will eventually acquire Rivens through Sorties that you can Kuva farm re-rolls for.

Traders are always going to sell high because there is always a rare no-haggle sucker making it worth the ridiculous sale prices that flood trade chat.

So don’t be a sucker.

3 часа назад, cxll сказал:

Seen riven mods actually being sold for 10k or more platinum.
Single thought pops to mind - money platinum laundering!
Or at least, I hope so because someone willingly making such a purchase would make no sense at all, considering how they actually managed to live to a ripe age of, not only using an electrical device but being able to procure a trade deal in a virtual environment. 

If an action looks too obviously otiose, it most likely is a curtain for deeds that are less desultory.

I do not think that this happens in the Warframe ... but in general such precedents have already been:

https://kotaku.com/criminals-are-using-clash-of-clans-to-launder-money-ne-1827698965

https://kromtech.com/blog/security-center/digital-laundry

Please point on the articula where the riven seller touched you.

No I have never felt forced to buy a riven for any weapon. Rivens have actually enabeled me to test other weapons instead that I've enjoyed immensly. It is the fun part with rivens, find one for a weapon you really havent thought of or cared for earlier and you might have a new favorite. 

What kind of idiot pays 1000 plat for a mod? That's the price (£30) of a whole game, right there. Hell, you'd have to be pretty damn stupid even to pay 100. The riven market is ridiculous, there's no point even looking at it.

Edited by DoomFruit

vor 47 Minuten schrieb LupisV0lk:

Sorry but how many thousands of plat people have spent in trades with other players is their problem not DEs.

Sure, a rash decision like removing rivens or nerfing them into the ground would be bad. DE have introduced these rivens and made them tradeable, so they have to satisfy a base expectation with them. The "God tier riven" bought for thousands of plat staying untouchable for all eternity does not fall into that base expectation category however.

Whatever people have spent on items arbitrarily priced by other players, cannot be in the way of reasonable balancing efforts. Just because some people are being ureasonable doesn´t mean DE has to or should follow them into their insanity.

I´ll also lean out of the window and assume that those who have spent thousands of plat on meta rivens are quite the minority.

Just my 2 cents about the whole "DE can´t do anything about rivens because people have paid" thing.

3 hours ago, Yatazanami said:

the riven system missed its original goal and its now used to make already powerful weapons into god-tier 

i mean lets be honest with ourselves people, who would buy a Tiberon Riven for 2k plat before DE turned the damn thing into the most powercreep this game has ever seen 

in the meantime my Harpak is crying in the corner, even with the rarest riven, Tiberon Prime crap all over him without one. 

The harpak is actually really good with a good riven.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb DoomFruit:

What kind of idiot pays 1000 plat for a mod? That's the price (£30) of a whole game, right there. Hell, you'd have to be pretty damn stupid even to pay 100. The riven market is ridiculous, there's no point even looking at it.

I'm that kind of idiot. I paid 1,500 P for a Phantasma Riven (+219.6% Damage, 138.3% Multishot, -21,5% Damage to Corpus) while selling another one for 2,500 P. Was it necessary? No. Was I forced? No. Do I regret it? No, the weapon is fun as Cheddar (although you need far more Cheddar to kill yourself).

Of course, some offers in Riven Market are outlandish (20k+ prices), but some seemingly high asking prices are fair enough considering the incredible luck or the huge amount of time and Kuva you might need for a very good roll (my Tiberon Prime mod took over 200 rolls, I could instamax a prime mod with it). If you can afford it without regret, why not?

Riven Mods are as necessary as super cars but equally fun to use. Besides the usual focus on max damage, you can change a weapon's behavior in fun new ways. 

E.g.: Lately, I bought a crappy Pyrana mod for 400p and put in a few rolls: -91.1% Weapon Recoil, +91.1% Toxin, +151.9% Critical Chance, -36-4% Damage to Infested.
That thing turns the bucking Pyrana into a bloody railgun, with no recoil at all! It's tremendous fun as Harrow, especially if you add Arcane Precision.

P.S.: my main platinum source is humble but steady: I'm selling Syndicate Mods for 13 P each. Nowadays my real money goes into Tennogen as we all know, Riven Mods ain't endgame, Fashion is!

Edited by Toran

I laugh when i see those prices does anyone actually spend that much on rivens? Why? Hell i cant even sell the rivens i get for 50 let alone 1k...saw someone last night really try to sell a rubico riven for 35k...35k!!! People have lost their damn minds you dont even need rivens at all

18 часов назад, CoolDudeMcCool сказал:

Oh man, I can't wait to hear of the blackmail and or physical threats that caused people to be forced to buy Rivens.

Postal 2 style.

Спойлер

Цитата

This is a video game about shooting. 

Shooting. Pff yeah right.

Edited by -Temp0-