Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 14 - Accepted Items! 

[DE]Taylor

One question I do have is, I feel it may become more and more common for artists to bundle several items as part of a set. Is there any plan to introduce a discount for items that are all part of a set released in a certain round?

e.g. Diva Octavia and Diva Polearm and eventually we'll probably see skin+syandana+weapon skin or more for other collections.

Edited by Zahnny

10 hours ago, Geraion said:

Subjectivity.

That said, I still def. think that the stewardesse Nova and k-pop Octavia skins were not fitting to be let in. But here we are. And I am almost willing to bet money that they were let in because the fanbase was largely very ...insistant.

My main gripe with that Nova skin was the stupid hat that was stuck on it, but tennogen is a popularity contest, theres no doubt about that, there have been many really great looking skins that got passed over.

7 hours ago, Nova73 said:

My main gripe with that Nova skin was the stupid hat that was stuck on it, but tennogen is a popularity contest, theres no doubt about that, there have been many really great looking skins that got passed over.

How is the popularity measured then? I mean, Karvr (an excellent heavy blade skin all around) was picked, but it has only ~1000 favourites in the workshop compared to Luna's ~2500 while both have the same number of visits correction, Luna has roughly double the number of visitors.

Edited by vaarnaaarne
Failed Perception roll

On 2018-09-30 at 11:58 PM, SerinVeya said:

Yatus STILL getting completely blueballed again. His Ion series has been more creative than the tiring onslaught of Graxx skins, and yet, DE won't let me throw money at him. C'mon, guys.

Well yatus skin are old af and i think for this reason DE keep skip it

correct me if i'm wrong , he didn't make a huge drama time ago because DE didn't pick any of his design? 

i remember that sooo much time ago he said that he invested so many money on this project and made promise to someone , and if I remember correctly, he wanted to die because of his fail etc

but then he delete the message

3 hours ago, vaarnaaarne said:

How is the popularity measured then? I mean, Karvr (an excellent heavy blade skin all around) was picked, but it has only ~1000 favourites in the workshop compared to Luna's ~2500 while both have the same number of visits correction, Luna has roughly double the number of visitors.

Part of the complaint is that how they choose things don't make sense. Some people were very vocal over some skins that did get picked, while others were voted higher and didn't get picked. There are votes and there are noisy fans. Not necessarily the same.

Mind you, I don't know how they choose things, it's rather vague.

Edited by Geraion

3 hours ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

Any idea on when these skins will be dropping for PC?

I want to know too. I am eagerly awaiting throwing money at DE for the Zephyr and Limbo Graxx skins.

My boyfriend was sad that an Oberon Graxx skin doesn't exist yet. He's been wanting that since the Graxx skins started being released.

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I want to know too. I am eagerly awaiting throwing money at DE for the Zephyr and Limbo Graxx skins.

I'll get Limbo's because of course. Zephyr because i'm pretty much married to the Graxx set.

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

My boyfriend was sad that an Oberon Graxx skin doesn't exist yet. He's been wanting that since the Graxx skins started being released.

It may not be Graxx but the Blade of the Lotus skin set/for him is rather solid.

22 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Quoting for visibility! 

Huh, is this a first time that a last minute edit has been made?

Also I know this question is probably early but when we get Tennogen Operator suits will it be parts e.g. sleeves, torso, legs, hood or will they be a full set? I'm hoping for the latter as I'd rather not spend £4-5 for each piece.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Quoting for visibility! 

Wow, I didn't know you guys could do last minute entries. IgnusDei even had a part in this. I hope to see more work from him.

Also glad you're bringing in some of Yatus' work. It feels like he's been overlooked despite the quality of his work. He hasn't had a submission being accepted in a very long time. You think next round he could get a lot more attention?

4 hours ago, Liacu said:

Wow, I didn't know you guys could do last minute entries. IgnusDei even had a part in this. I hope to see more work from him.

Also glad you're bringing in some of Yatus' work. It feels like he's been overlooked despite the quality of his work. He hasn't had a submission being accepted in a very long time. You think next round he could get a lot more attention?

Yeah, there were some lingering issues that unfortunately held this back from the official announcement. Glad they could be resolved in time to include for this Round nonetheless. Both of them have put a lot of work into this piece over the past year -- glad to see it finally come to fruition. 

And I wouldn't say he's been overlooked; we consider each submission carefully. To sound like a broken record, if pieces don't get accepted, it's because of stylistic or technical issues. :) 

38 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Yeah, there were some lingering issues that unfortunately held this back from the official announcement. Glad they could be resolved in time to include for this Round nonetheless. Both of them have put a lot of work into this piece over the past year -- glad to see it finally come to fruition. 

And I wouldn't say he's been overlooked; we consider each submission carefully. To sound like a broken record, if pieces don't get accepted, it's because of stylistic or technical issues. 🙂

Not sure if its bern posted anywhere but will these deploy wity the mainline?

6 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

EDIT: A last-minute creation has ended the ring! The Ion Greatsword Skin by Yatus and IgnusDei is also being included in this Round. Congrats to them both! 🙂

THAT IgnusDei? The creator of the deluxe skins of rhino, loki, trinity ecc.?

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

On 2018-10-04 at 12:39 PM, vaarnaaarne said:

True as that may be... Favorites actually play zero role, I believe.

There's a voting button that is a simple yes/no vote to be given, and since there is a no vote one must imagine that it ALSO plays a role. So not just the ones that receive the most "Yes" votes (which doesn't mean the person has to hit favorite, and what you vote is probably secret to everyone but DE), but ALSO the "No" votes must play a role and if they have a lot more "No"s than "Yes"s, even if it SEEMS popular, it's not.

Not to mention the judgement DE gives after all that. All in all I think we are completely blind to every statistic they might use to judge what gets added and what doesn't. Which I believe is for the better- If anything we don't want people doing riots against the community itself because their favorite tennogen got a lot of negative review (it's likely that the author also gets how much yes/no they got)

On 2018-10-05 at 3:07 AM, LupisV0lk said:

I'll get Limbo's because of course. Zephyr because i'm pretty much married to the Graxx set.

It may not be Graxx but the Blade of the Lotus skin set/for him is rather solid.

yea he has it. We both have weaknesses for the graxx skins, and I personally like the infested ones.

I'm short a helmet currently for Limbo and that's it. But I'd rather wait. Also need to scrounge up the money for the Mushushu or whatever syandana