Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How beneficial is prime for prime

S.Dust

I feel like it's just a slap in the face to people who actually farmed for items. Obviously im gonna get the responses of why does it matter if you have the item and my answer is it's about not basically devaluing everything anyone does. If anyone has an actual reason as to why prime for prime is a good thing let me know, cause I don't think players are joining for items they know nothing about.

Edited by S.Dust

It's a nice bonus for new players or old ones that have missed a prime that is now vaulted. I got Frost Prime, Scindo and Soma last year as I started playing thanks to the Twitch Prime bonus. I actually joined the game at that time because I knew I'd get a decent "second" starter frame and two good weapons to take me through the leveling process. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking like that.

I've farmed/bought the parts for my Vectis Prime and Fang Prime (and everything else) that are soon up as Twitch Prime benefits. I dont see a problem with them being given away since it benefits DE in some way through their partnership with Twitch and Amazon plus has the possiblity of attracting new players.

Farming the items isnt really a big deal, so cant really see how it is a slap in the face.

3 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

They shouldn't give away  vaulted items if the point is a slight boost for the new then regular items that aren't vaulted would work .

That is literally the reason they use vaulted items. So people are more likely to get it since they can't farm for it.

The only problem is people who attach a false sense of value to digital items. Why does it matter to you how they got it or when? It makes no difference to you or anyone else.

Edited by --Q--Stryker

Prestigious items have a lot of value for a player base, and they do have meaning despite being virtual. Every game has them, and they are valuable tools of incentive for developers/publishers to use. However, I don't think vaulted Prime Weapons fit that category.

DE giving out free Primes isn't a slap in the face. It's a free Weapon slot or two for everyone and free Primes for people who probably need them the most. I'd honestly argue being upset about it is a selfish position to take because it ultimately benefits far more people than it negatively impacts.

Now people in PUG missions will have a Vectis Prime instead of a Braton. I play solo, but it still sounds like a win-win to me. 

"slap in the face" has been so overused it's almost meme worthy at this point.

As someone who has farmed practically everything in the game, I can't say that I feel anything I have done has been "devalued" by the Prime for Prime marketing campaign nor any other instance where they have re-added/changed things to make them more player friendly. If anything it's made me wish they'd made those changes sooner rather than later but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If Prime for Prime brings more people/revenue to Warframe that's beneficial to me because it means they have more capital to re-invest/improve the game. 

Edited by Oreades

I remember I was so excited when I bought my first prime, Trinity Prime. It was my first trade chat experience as well. I loved her, I played her all the time, she's still my most played frame. I felt so cool having my own prime, until a few months later when everyone got her for free, then it wasn't so cool.

56 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

I feel like it's just a slap in the face to people who actually farmed for items. Obviously im gonna get the responses of why does it matter if you have the item and my answer is it's about not basically devaluing everything anyone does. If anyone has an actual reason as to why prime for prime is a good thing let me know, cause I don't think players are joining for items they know nothing about. 

I started playing WF last year when FrostP, SomaP and ScindoP were available. They weren't the reason I started playing, but as a new player, those items helped me tremendously in those early days. I was having so much fun with them that it motivated me to continue playing the game and grinding for more primed/non-primed items. 16 months and 23 mastery rank levels later, I'm still going strong...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Galvantez said:

I remember I was so excited when I bought my first prime, Trinity Prime. It was my first trade chat experience as well. I loved her, I played her all the time, she's still my most played frame. I felt so cool having my own prime, until a few months later when everyone got her for free, then it wasn't so cool.

Mate you're making it sound like you were the only person on the PS4 Warframe that had Trinity Prime, get real will you?

il y a une heure, S.Dust a dit :

If anyone has an actual reason as to why prime for prime is a good thing let me know, cause I don't think players are joining for items they know nothing about.

You desperately underestimate the power of free stuff. 

Also, newer players are much more profitable plat banks from the perspective of hoarders. 

So, imo, it's a win. For one/two vaulted sets given away for free, DE gets more potentially paying customers and old players get more demand-oriented players for vaulted prime stuff. 

And people joining get something shiny and nice for free which always feels nice, and gives them a better initial impression of the game. 

I bought the last part i needed for vectis prime for 60 plat today after waiting over a year for better prizes.

About 1 hour later they announced the new prime with prime pack.(Amazon prime member for 2 years btw)

Am I mad? No! Am I sad? No!
Do I think there are better ways to give away shiny stuff? Ofc there is, but I also know that this partnership is beneficial for DE and the health of the game. The prices ingame can over-inflate from time to time, especially after a vault, but the dropping prizes are good for the playerbase in the long term.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

"slap in the face" has been so overused it's almost meme worthy at this point.

What a slap in the face to slaps in the face. How dare you.

2 hours ago, S.Dust said:

I don't think players are joining for items they know nothing about.

And yet they did the program more than once. Makes you think.

I think its a good idea for players 

I think its a great idea for DE

The stats dont lie, Warframes player base climbs when the prime for prime is on and so does DEs income.  It also brings back people who may have put the game down for a while.

Its not even that expensive, its like .20c a day in Australia and that gets you a free sub every month on Twitch, free posting on Amazon goods and the Warframe bundles (when they come).  These are the benefits i use and to me, they are worth the monthly Twitch fee.  There are other bundles they drop for other games as well as free games so if this interests you, its a good deal.

Its not like Amazon Prime membership is neccessary to play the game - not at all, its just a little bonus for people who have it and in a game where PVP is pretty much obsolete, who really cares what other players have and dont have.

Literally my only complaint is that I'm still holding onto two Trin Prime sets while waiting for her to go up in price. Since prime part/blueprint inventory isn't actually limited, this is more just a minor annoyance that my speculative grinding isn't gonna see returns for a hell of a lot longer.

But that's how market speculation works, and why I do it with pixels instead of money.

... At least it's not my 4 full sets of Latron Primes. I still regret having speculatively purchased like three of one of the parts so I'd have more full sets. Current market rates have my ROI at something like 10-20p, whereas it was like >50p when I did the purchases. If I had done the purchases now the ROI would be at least like 35p.

But again, this is why I do it with pixels instead of money lol a loss is more of an "ohhhh noooooo" than an "I'm screwed".

And getting a >400p ROI on my maiming strike like not even a month out from that bubble bursting for the first time more than made up for it lol

Edited by Eirshy