Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most annoying character

kevekev302

Actually I've been noticing old posts somehow being on the front page. I report them when I see them. Yesterday there was a topic from 2013 on the front page between other topics, but there was no recent response. So the topic was from 2013 and the last response also 2013. I've seen a couple of these old threads that come up for no reason. So I think this is also the reason why people respond to them in general (aside from actual necros)

The forums are 100% bugged.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It was deliberately turned off because it was causing too many problems on the backend.  

According to Letter13, I think it was, you can just report necro'd threads for them to be locked, but it doesn't sound like there is any current plan to fix the problem. 

Ah yes, I think I read about it awhile ago, your post jogged my memory.

• Like 1

Hologram Lotus (AKA The False Mother)

Look, it's over 3 years (December 2017) since Apostacy Prologue, I think enough time has gone by to say that she's never coming back. If she was it wouldn't take this long no matter what excuses you come up with. If you can release content (and you have) you can work towards the release of the final chapter of New War.

Meanwhile, Ordis does an amazing job running the Jupiter Sabotage and Disruption missions, let him be himself and stop having to pretend to be Lotus because you seem think we or the game can't cope without "Space Mom".

We can.

Holo-Lotus, hands down. It's a lazy placeholder and makes no sense given the current story timeline. We have all these syndicates and factions, several Cephalons, Nora, and so on that can be used to direct missions.... but nope. I think that's probably one of the reasons I find myself playing Railjack more since the update. Less interaction with Holo-Lotus.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Sovyul said:

the entire population of Orb Vallis, every character residing in that memehole is painfully stereotypical

12 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Ruge Zudd takes the prize on my book

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Little Duck for me, cannot stand her. 

Having a bad attitude for no reason is not a personality.

Man, that's a shame. I love the Solaris and Fortuna. They have more complex characters and backstories than almost any other NPCs in the game, which informs their personalities. Sure, Rude Zuud can be grating, but when you learn about why she is the way that she is, it makes her so sympathetic. They've all gone through a big trauma (and a lifetime of lesser trauma) and they have their own ways of dealing with it.

That being said, I'm not a fan of how they keep shoehorning Little Duck into things. Why is she in charge of Disruption missions and Scarlet Spear? I like her, but she can stay in her lane.

12 hours ago, Sovyul said:

this is a valid nekro though, why make another one if there's already one and it can't get outdated

11 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I know it's a nekro, but still valid enough discussion.

I suppose it makes sense. It's more valid than resurrecting a thread about "THEORY: THE TENNO ARE ENERGY" or whatever thread got nekro'd a couple weeks ago. Like, what even is the point of talking plot in a thread from 2013? Just to dunk on people from the past?

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb GrayArchon:

Why is she in charge of Disruption missions and Scarlet Spear? I like her, but she can stay in her lane.

Probably because Konzu had his early lunch. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Numerikuu:

Holo-Lotus, hands down. It's a lazy placeholder and makes no sense given the current story timeline. We have all these syndicates and factions, several Cephalons, Nora, and so on that can be used to direct missions.... but nope. I think that's probably one of the reasons I find myself playing Railjack more since the update. Less interaction with Holo-Lotus.

/signed

But wait, there is more! "Handing of to Tenno coordinator Lotus." 😒

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

Man, that's a shame. I love the Solaris and Fortuna. They have more complex characters and backstories than almost any other NPCs in the game, which informs their personalities. Sure, Rude Zuud can be grating, but when you learn about why she is the way that she is, it makes her so sympathetic. They've all gone through a big trauma (and a lifetime of lesser trauma) and they have their own ways of dealing with it.

I like Solaris and Fortuna overall and most of the characters, I'm just not a fan of Little Duck... but. 

I think the problem is too much of the Fortuna characters lore is buried behind stuff like Exploiter Orb and PT Orb, it's too hidden, and people don't get to know the character properly and their whole story until they have heard all of their voice lines umpteen times already.

They tried to remedy that with the Entrati by sort of introducing them more in your face as you go, but that didn't work out so well only because they just aren't likeable characters imo. 

And when it comes to Necro'ing, I'm of the mind now that since they got rid of proper archiving, it is more of a case by case. If it's an evergreen thread like this, it's probably okay. If it's about something like you said, where we were theorizing lore that is long irrelevant, it's just spam. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1

I'm gonna have to go with holo-lotus. Only because I feel like after so long that my operator doesn't need guidance. Especially after years since that story bit happened.

On another note, Nora really annoyed me during the glass season. I'm also not too fond of loid/otak after running the isolation vaults far too many times. I guess what I'm saying is if a voice is repeatedly bombarding me with the same dialogue for too long, it's time to mute them.

• Like 1

Probably Volt

because he constantly spams speed boost and screws up my manuverability (having the controls respond differently suddenly causes motion sickness). As well as my melee timing.

His dialogue is also super annoying if you ask him to quit doing that. And I wish they'd get him a different voice actor, guy sounds like a squeaker.