Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

10 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Pretty much. With the amount of Frames we have, it's next to impossible to make a ability do something different without making it too similar to another Frame ability.

I disagree there's so much they could do with this:

She sucks life essence from her enemies and she only has 1 way to unload it. Make it so her 4 is only usable once a certain amount of life essence is acquired. Upon activation she gets a duration-based transformation (no energy/s cost) and can toss those blood bolts until it expires.

Bam.

2 minutes ago, Cyxe said:

I disagree there's so much they could do with this:

She sucks life essence from her enemies and she only has 1 way to unload it. Make it so her 4 is only usable once a certain amount of life essence is acquired. Upon activation she gets a duration-based transformation (no energy/s cost) and can toss those blood bolts until it expires.

Bam.

This would fit her Theme and abilities well. At least with this change, she would still stay as Garuda (Gore Focused Frame).

Yea and they could make her transformation SUPER B/A looking. But I totally get that she's probably at the end of the assembly line.  In addition, this leaves it up to the player to decide how to manage their essence.

Edited by Cyxe

They could let you control the blades around Gara. Like when its active she can mark enemies with a right click to cause the blades to fly from around her to run through the enemy and of course fire the blades like you would a normal Kunai if left clicked. You know, a bit more interactivity.

I dunno man, I feel like the 2 and the 1 should be swapped as well. The 2 just feels like a 1 because it does so little by CCing one enemy and you know, doing what Well of Life does and the 1 feels like a 2 because it just seems like Volt Transistor Shield + Antimatter drop. The 3 just feels like Rage on Demand XD

While i already like what she is right now based on devstream, i think i would put my 2 cent here

1. Shorten casting time on her 1.. it looks a bit clunky and while i dont really mind the current speed, i think speed it up a little bit will make her better

2. Remover her kamehameha and put it to her 3.. so the orb will spawn after decreasing our health and gaining energy and retain the same mechanic.. feels too much, but i prefer it being on her 3 rather put it all things on her 1

3. Her 3 requires no energy.. I dont really pay attention about the energy consumption on devstream (correct me if im wrong and sorry i dont have time to check it) but it will be weird if we need to consume energy to decrease our health and gains in back just to trigger our passive.. i prefer we dont need energy to cast it, so if the energy gained is moddable, i can see blind rage become staple

4. Her 2 shouldn’t be a duration-based.. i prefer her 2 sucks all health from the target based on their max hp until there’s no health left.. so maybe at the low level we wont get too many health drain, but at high level mission, we can suck health from heavy gunner, bombard, nox, things with lots of hp for a long duration

5. Her 4 while looks good (i love that vortex of blades), kinda similar to revenant’s 4, which is press 4 and just walk around.. for what i know, this is the kind of thing DE trying to avoid for the past years, that’s why we get nerf for abilities like mesa’s turret, miasma, bladestorm, prism (because locking a big room is so easy), world on fire, resonanting quake, and so on.. i dont know why garuda’s 4 become yet another p4tw and i want DE to explain this..

1st ability:

·        After lunge attack you can use your claws for a short duration. (what is the point of having massive claws if you’re not going to use them)

·        Absorbing damage will determine the amount of damage reduction you get and damage you will deal when throwing blood ball at enemies.

·        Even if duration runs out you will still have the damage reduction buff until either you have no protection runs out or you get rid of it.

·        Visuals: Instead of a shield been shown make it a bloody aura around her and an indicator showing buff where the 1st ability symbol is.

·        Visuals: To get rid of the buff you will absorb the blood aura into your hands to form a bloody ball.

·        If you just want to lunge at enemies for fun, you can spam 1st ability.

·        Can be cast in the air and on the move.

·        Range is about 18m and can be increased by mods.

·        Option: it can come with its own stance based on grace and agility or you can equip claw stance on it.

2nd ability:

·        For easy movement when syphoning health the range is 40m and can be increased by range mods, so you don`t have to stand around.

·        Instead of getting close to enemies to cast, wherever enemy you aim at will get their health syphoned.

At the moment I have no issues with the 3rd and 4th ability except the 4th ability is too similar to revenant’s 4th ability.

I was feeling Garuda up until her ultimate ability. When I think about an ultimate ability I'm thinking blood manipulation like Deadman Wonderland or blood bending like Avatar. Something that utilizes blood. What we instead end up getting is something generic, boring, and too similar to the last frame. 

Edited by (XB1)Rey Za BurreI

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

When I think about an ultimate ability I'm thinking blood manipulation like Deadman Wonderland or blood bending like Avatar.

Care to elaborate on this for those who have no idea what either of those are?

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

There needs to be a change to her 4th. 

I do not know what we are getting, but what specific aspect(s) are you so against?

Imo, I feel like she just needs a few tweaks.

Passive needs to have a timed decay so you can maintain a damage boost without sitting at an HP where you die from a sneeze.

1 needs to be omnidirectional, have it like a cloak covering her.

2 really needs to follow you around.

3 I guess it's ok, no need for Rage like this

4 should just get scrapped, give her exalted tonfas and have her launch waves of blades with charge attacks

Give her a higher HP pool, something closer to Nidus (unless the stats we saw on the devstream were unmodded).

I love the design and her theme. Rebecca mentioned that we want a frame that is benefited as the fit gets more intense but I wasn't seeing that. 

Passive: She seems like her passive should be similar to Nidus where the more she takes damage, the more damage she does, but it can stack high up a. 1000% perhaps. This would make it so that she's escalating as the enemies do.

1. I would like the shield to be wider and curve to cover her front and sides. Perhaps some invulnerability on dash like Atlas. You can't spam the ability due to the nature of the phases. Also would like better effects on the orb explosion.

2. It would be nice if she impaled a group of 4 rather than just one with a bigger overall radius. She could be the first to get Overhealth from taking in the blood of her enemies. The higher her Power Strength the higher the Over health cap.

3. Maybe after cutting her health, she gets an aura that puts her into a blood frenzy. Increased movement speed/casting speed and increases the damage on all weapons.

4. If they're not changing the ability at all then allow her to float a bit faster. I know that they're changing the visuals so I won't comment.

Edited by Lior55

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Care to elaborate on this for those who have no idea what either of those are?

I do not know what we are getting, but what specific aspect(s) are you so against?

1. Blood manipulation is pretty self explanatory, but if you want to know more about what I'm speaking on google it. 

2. What aspect? Everything about it. It's boring, generic, and uninspired. It's another press 4 to kill everything ability.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

but if you want to know more about what I'm speaking on google it. 

So, you want to change a fairly generic ability to just another fairly generic ability. If I can gather what you mean by Googling it, why should DE even bother to change it? It will be just as generic and uninspired as it is now. I guess I thought there would be a little more to it than what I could find out on Google.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

It's another press 4 to kill everything ability.

That kind of ability is popular though, so why not?

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

So, you want to change a fairly generic ability to just another fairly generic ability. If I can gather what you mean by Googling it, why should DE even bother to change it? It will be just as generic and uninspired as it is now. I guess I thought there would be a little more to it than what I could find out on Google.

That kind of ability is popular though, so why not?

How is it generic when no other frame in the game has an ability close to it? And I'm telling YOU to use google is you don't understand the references. 

Popular? Yeah, no. Many people are against press 4 to Win frames and it's funny how the devs keep making these types of abilities, when they say they're against them. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

And I'm telling YOU to use google is you don't understand the references

I am only interested in the references if you want the abilities to essentially copy those (there would be no point in that anyway). I did assume you had some concepts for the ability. I realise now that you probably do not. Just "base it off these things". Which is completely meaningless if people do not get the references. All I was interested in was what your proposed concept was. Googling a generic idea does not constitute a concept.

For something to be generic it can just be similar to what many other games have. It does not have to be similar to what is already in one particular game. 

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I am only interested in the references if you want the abilities to essentially copy those (there would be no point in that anyway). I did assume you had some concepts for the ability. I realise now that you probably do not. Just "base it off these things". Which is completely meaningless if people do not get the references. All I was interested in was what your proposed concept was. Googling a generic idea does not constitute a concept.

For something to be generic it can just be similar to what many other games have. It does not have to be similar to what is already in one particular game. 

Well it good that none of the things I mentioned are from other video games to begin with. I just think her 4th should use utilize blood in some form and I gave a few examples. If you don't understand what I referenced (Avatar, Deadman Wonderland) you can GOOGLE it, but like I said, blood manipulation is pretty self explanatory. 

4 hours ago, Rayiene said:

Yes, you cant recast the ability until you throw the orb.

Which is also questionable, since the throw animation takes some time in which you can't protect yourself... I just hope she has comparable stats (armor!) to Valkyr.

Why not give her a stack mechanic like nidus?
1st - She still jumps at the enemy with her claws but she can recast it with decreased energy cost and the damage will scale with melee mods (like atlas' punches but single target). Every hit drains blood and form a floating gory shield around her (basically a stream of blood floating all around her), this grants her greatly increased evasion instead of straight up damage negation (like turbulence or hall of mirrors) and the shield slowly decays with each missed hit. Holding down the ability key expends a percentage of the shield to send out a blood wave (similar to exalted blade) or a sword like projectile.
2nd - Power stays the same but the shield is more resistant while in the regeneration area (maybe allies that stand in the area don't get healed but receive the shield's benefits).
3rd - She still mutilate herself to gain energy and blood stacks based on the amount of health lost (this way she will have a reason to use this ability other than getting energy).
4th - Completely scrap that ridiculous blender. She moves normally and blades float around her (duration based), damaging enemies and enhancing her other abilities: 1) Blades cover her during the jumping animation, granting her invulnerability; 2) Impales a small group of enemies instead of just one (maybe in a really small cone area); 3) She impales herself with the blades, gaining more blood and energy but losing 75% health instead of 50%.

Edited by DrNever