Jump to content
[DE]Megan

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.7

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Maganar said:

Thanks for taking care of what I'm sure was an honest oversight with the ridiculous Ancient Healer / Arbitration drone synergy.

Now, I would start a thread on this if I was sure what was going on, so I'll just drop it in here...

TL;DR is bold text.

I had a match that I think was a bit laggy, but it may have just been Ancient Healer auras on the drones making it look like I was doing no damage, and combined with the buggy skill interactions I am about to describe, I may have thought it was lag.  I'm not sure.  But take it with a grain of salt that this COULD have been lag, but if it's not, please someone seeing this start a thread and get DE's attention to it (or if you are DE, keep an eye out for similar complaints!)

I was playing Gara in a Defense Arbitration against Infestation and I was having MASSIVELY buggy interactions with Mass Vitrify (no pun intended).  I'm talking the ability cancelling inexplicably sometimes.  Other times, it would cast normally, but stop early.  If it did this, it became impossible to interact with the wall by using her Shattered Lash to detonate it.  It would just stick there stupidly and refuse to detonate no matter how many times I spammed Shattered Lash.  Sometimes the visual would linger after I recast the ability (which is supposed to remove any remaining walls from the last cast immediately).  In other cases, the ability would SEEM not to cast, and I'd go back to shooting enemies because it was doing nothing.  Then, out of the blue, I would find myself rooted and performing the Mass Vitrify animation, with the wall already extended as if it had been channeling the entire time I had been shooting enemies!!!  The list of bugged, bizarre, and inconsistent interactions was frightful.

If this was indeed not lag, I am suspicious it was due to the Aribtration drones.  I think the drones were preventing Gara from casting Mass Vitrify is the wall would intersect them while it was expanding, but it led to extremely buggy interactions so I couldn't tell.  This needs to go, if this is a feature - or be fixed, if it is a bug.  It's actually breaking Gara - not just making her weaker, but making it almost impossible to use her abilities because they are bugging so hard.  I find the drones an annoying and superfluous addition to Arbitrations, but I'm willing to chalk that up a difference in opinion between myself and the devs, and that's cool.  If the drones allow units to avoid being vitrified by the expanding wall - cool.  But bugging out an entire warframe and/or preventing casting of abilities onto the enemies that are NOT protected just by preventing the ability from extending that far?  Not cool.  

Sadly, someone got denied a reward because of this bug.  They had a fragile warframe, but felt comfortable staying another rotation because I was maintaining Splinter Storm on everyone and refreshing it with Mass Vitrify.  Halfway through the rotation, the bugged interactions got so bad I was forced to stop trying because I could not refresh Splinter Storm any longer with the bugged Mass Vitrify, and it was impossible to keep track of all these people parkouring around the map.  I tried to keep that one person with Splinter Storm on them, ignoring the tanks, but I lost track of them and I saw the Splinter Storm fall off on the sidebar indicator for your teammates hp and the buffs you've applied to them.  Before I could find them again and recast, they died.  So yeah, this isn't just someone qq'ing angrily because their OP Gara-energy-pizza-spam-nuke-map broke down or something.  I was playing honestly and someone died because Gara got so badly bugged by what I think were the drones (again, grain of salt that it might have been lag - but only might have been...), losing a reward they stuck around to help us all earn together as a team because couldn't do my job.  If this is an actual issue and not just some laggy interaction I had, then I hope it can be cleared up.  Thanks to anyone taking the time to look through this!

Can attest this is a lag bug and not an arbitration bug, I got Gara roughly two months ago and have experienced this problem with her numerous times (atrocious BR connection, lag-induced bugs are my reality)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maganar said:

Thanks for taking care of what I'm sure was an honest oversight with the ridiculous Ancient Healer / Arbitration drone synergy.

Now, I would start a thread on this if I was sure what was going on, so I'll just drop it in here...

TL;DR is bold text.

I had a match that I think was a bit laggy, but it may have just been Ancient Healer auras on the drones making it look like I was doing no damage, and combined with the buggy skill interactions I am about to describe, I may have thought it was lag.  I'm not sure.  But take it with a grain of salt that this COULD have been lag, but if it's not, please someone seeing this start a thread and get DE's attention to it (or if you are DE, keep an eye out for similar complaints!)

I was playing Gara in a Defense Arbitration against Infestation and I was having MASSIVELY buggy interactions with Mass Vitrify (no pun intended).  I'm talking the ability cancelling inexplicably sometimes.  Other times, it would cast normally, but stop early.  If it did this, it became impossible to interact with the wall by using her Shattered Lash to detonate it.  It would just stick there stupidly and refuse to detonate no matter how many times I spammed Shattered Lash.  Sometimes the visual would linger after I recast the ability (which is supposed to remove any remaining walls from the last cast immediately).  In other cases, the ability would SEEM not to cast, and I'd go back to shooting enemies because it was doing nothing.  Then, out of the blue, I would find myself rooted and performing the Mass Vitrify animation, with the wall already extended as if it had been channeling the entire time I had been shooting enemies!!!  The list of bugged, bizarre, and inconsistent interactions was frightful.

If this was indeed not lag, I am suspicious it was due to the Aribtration drones.  I think the drones were preventing Gara from casting Mass Vitrify is the wall would intersect them while it was expanding, but it led to extremely buggy interactions so I couldn't tell.  This needs to go, if this is a feature - or be fixed, if it is a bug.  It's actually breaking Gara - not just making her weaker, but making it almost impossible to use her abilities because they are bugging so hard.  I find the drones an annoying and superfluous addition to Arbitrations, but I'm willing to chalk that up a difference in opinion between myself and the devs, and that's cool.  If the drones allow units to avoid being vitrified by the expanding wall - cool.  But bugging out an entire warframe and/or preventing casting of abilities onto the enemies that are NOT protected just by preventing the ability from extending that far?  Not cool.  

Sadly, someone got denied a reward because of this bug.  They had a fragile warframe, but felt comfortable staying another rotation because I was maintaining Splinter Storm on everyone and refreshing it with Mass Vitrify.  Halfway through the rotation, the bugged interactions got so bad I was forced to stop trying because I could not refresh Splinter Storm any longer with the bugged Mass Vitrify, and it was impossible to keep track of all these people parkouring around the map.  I tried to keep that one person with Splinter Storm on them, ignoring the tanks, but I lost track of them and I saw the Splinter Storm fall off on the sidebar indicator for your teammates hp and the buffs you've applied to them.  Before I could find them again and recast, they died.  So yeah, this isn't just someone qq'ing angrily because their OP Gara-energy-pizza-spam-nuke-map broke down or something.  I was playing honestly and someone died because Gara got so badly bugged by what I think were the drones (again, grain of salt that it might have been lag - but only might have been...), losing a reward they stuck around to help us all earn together as a team because couldn't do my job.  If this is an actual issue and not just some laggy interaction I had, then I hope it can be cleared up.  Thanks to anyone taking the time to look through this!

Can attest this is a lag bug and not an arbitration bug, I got Gara roughly two months ago and have experienced this problem with her numerous times (atrocious BR connection, lag-induced bugs are my reality)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the Arbitration changes! cant wait to see what other improvements you're going to bring to the gamemode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever going to fix arca plasmor after big update? It was 10/10 fun weapon and now it's bugged (or nerfed) at 5/10. It really feels terrible, and I've been using it 99% last months.

It's damn annoying that punchtrough is bugged and it no longer vaporizes everything in the line of sight. What's especially buggy is infested airborne drones.

Also fire rate or delay between shots it's weird sometimes, takes long.

And shots are reflected by gara's wall (on both sides)

Sometimes when part of the beam hits crate or some obstacle mobs "behind" it are not hit. I mean beam should continue to fly and not stop at obstacle line which is hit just by far corner of beam.

Please restore it's former glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think the arca plasmor needs to have the bouncy projectile physics brought back, tho i think the gara wall one needs removed atleast when your standing inside like frosts bubble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maganar said:

I was playing Gara in a Defense Arbitration against Infestation and I was having MASSIVELY buggy interactions with Mass Vitrify (no pun intended).  I'm talking the ability cancelling inexplicably sometimes.

You may have been touching a nullifier through the floor or behind a wall. That's the only time it cancels for me, although it is annoying when this happens when you're planning to turn off already, and you end up recasting instead - burning more energy and deleting the previous cast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like nothing changed. 😞 

Reduced Arbitration Defense Wave length to balance mission time played in comparison to Arbitration Survival missions.

Still taking the same amount of time and the same 10 waves. Some of the enemies are even stuck behind the door.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Arbitration Drones are now exempt from Infested Ancient Healer Auras.

Thank you DE :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for making the drones exempt from ancient healer aura's. it's a change for the better and just makes doing infested elite alerts so much more enjoyable. 👍

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pls Fix the lures on POE. Since the mainline update, they've been unbearably sluggish in moving. They're getting destroyed so easily because they just stand around and get blasted by the eidolons. PLS!??! Fix this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, burem0n0 said:

Arbitrations are still super bad.

When enemies swarm you in big hordes, you literally cannot see the drone protecting them all from dmg so with regular weapons its impossible to snipe it out and kill it. Your best bet is to just bring Arca Plasmor on every single Arbitration and aim in the general direction of where you see the drone and the big AoE and punch through kills it in oneshot, literally making every single other weapon unusable for the mode.

Secondly, enemies barely drop any life support no matter how many kills per second you get. I can kill hordes upon hordes and still barely get any and will struggle to keep going not cause of difficulty but solely because life support aint enough so always running out.

Thirdly, if youre in a squad and the host dies and gets mad and quits the game, during host migration the game just tends to DC and quit the entire party and send you back to orbiter and fail the mission making you lose ALL rewards just like that. 30-40 minutes wasted just because one idiot guy. Yeah thats great design right there, DE.

Get your priorities straight.

And what about Sancti Castanas bug thats been around forever which is still a thing? Dont care about fixing that? No? They still deal the regular Castanas dmg (which is way lower) when you explode them on a surface or enemy so the only way to get the ACTUAL Sancti Castanas stats dmg from it is to airburst them, blow them up midair which completely defeats their entire mechanic.

Operator mode exists and any halfway decent amp still kills them past 16 excavs, or 8 rotations. And you can just find the drone in invincible squat before shooting it with something else.
I've sniped them at 300+ ping and killed them with a gram prime, which has about as much range as a longsword. And like... a whole S#&$load of things also work. Pyrana prime. Phantasma. Rando buff of the day. Penta. Supra Vandal. They just fixed the bug that makes them immortal with ancient healers anyway.

Life support always sucks without a nekros, it's not new to arbitrations.

Host migration ragequits not new either, they already said they wanted to un#*!% survival/excav so you can leave without screwing everyone.

 

I just tested sancti castanas in the simulacrum, no such bug. Unless it's only as client. But solo, it does the correct damage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have an infested pet but no matter how many times i interact or pet it loyalty wont go up is somthing wrong? and Is neckros suppose to hurt his summoned shades?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can someone tell me what this means? "Returned the Dera and Dera Vandal to it’s barrel alternating VFX." i used the gun all the time but havent in a bit cause i am putting forma in other weapons. dont notice any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Metaldirtmonkey said:

i have an infested pet but no matter how many times i interact or pet it loyalty wont go up is somthing wrong? and Is neckros suppose to hurt his summoned shades?

Loyalty interactions are capped per day, try again after reset to make sure before reporting it as a bug. Also, shadows of the dead constantly drain health, more duration=slower drain and recasting 4=full heal.

4 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

can someone tell me what this means? "Returned the Dera and Dera Vandal to it’s barrel alternating VFX." i used the gun all the time but havent in a bit cause i am putting forma in other weapons. dont notice any difference.

The barrels fire high-low-high-low, I didn't notice it being broken either but I haven't used it in a long while. Now it's fixed anyway, which is neat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see more AI improvements in the works. Having distinct tactics and movement patterns between the different factions would be great to see and fun to fight against. Imagine the Grineer using actual combat formations and not just running in a line until swarming around you when in range. Or if the Infested could climb walls and body-block Ancients or Broodmothers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...