Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us roll out of Volt's speed!!!

ReptiloidLaythre

For those of you who get annoyed by backstep's momentum: Digital Extremes already has a fix for this. Bullet Jump into a midair backstep. It preserves your initial momentum. Thanks to how inertial frames affect roll inputs, you don't even need to aim glide to activate it. Bullet jumps are a very common manouver, both for movement and combat, so I doubt it would be so much of a pain to chain one when you want to opt out. Additionally, bullet jumps are unaffected by speed, so you won't fling yourself into a wall in the process.

Edited by Handstamp

4 hours ago, Mach25 said:

I've been here since before 2017.

Indeed? Then you, like me, should know that if there was going to be another way to opt out of Speed, DE would have given it to us. Because they were very clear and open with us about the testing at the time, and yet after all that we still have the backflip as the main way of doing this. It was not a flash-in-the-pan experiment, it was exhaustive, and if the option of giving us an actual opt-out that worked as a blanket setting for that particular ability was being considered, then it would have appeared then.

Il y a 7 heures, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru a dit :

To be honest though, speed isn't an issue. For missions where it is prevalent, usually it's a mission in which people want to be completed quickly.

In all other instances, it's really about, and I'm going to say it...skill. being able to adapt to movent changes is a skill in itself. Same reason why people don't like Zephyr. Alterations to movement. 

I feel like everyone's first instance when they see something featured in Warframe that they don't like is to immediately complain rather than work through the issue. 

The way everyone makes it sound, there are Volts in every single lobby terrorizing people.

To each their own, overspeed can be a pain to control and some players aren't necessarily kids on drugs who like stressful play, it's also a real pain to aim at ranged targets with such a sensible cursor. It only helps with melee, and with too much power strength i understand why people dislike this power.

Anyway we can't roll out of volt's speed since we can already roll out of Limbo, and both can't share the same command - Limbo and velocity are two separate buffs. So what OP wants can't be.

9 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

COMPLETELY COUNTER INTUITIVE AND BREAKS THE FLOW OF MOVEMENT, JUST LIKE SPEED.

WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO BREAK MOVEMENT JUST TO STOP AN ABILITY BREAKING MOVEMENT?

I CAN YELL TOO.

tenor.gif

That aside, there are two things I think would appease the players. Firstly, an 'Ability Preference' option in the menu. Players could just go through a list of buffs, and select whether they allow Public/Friends/Clan/Alliance/Invited Players to use said buff on them. Have all the buffs on by default, of course, but let players go through and check off which ones they don't want access from. You might, for instance, allow players in your friends list, or players you specifically invite to a group to use Volt Speed, but not clanmates or public players.

The second, potentially simpler option (much less customizable), would be to have an option in the menu for a 'manually accept buffs' feature. Instead of just getting every buff automatically, it would have a little notification in the UI of what the buff is. Then you just add in two hotkey options for Accept/Deny, and players can just choose what they want. I feel like that system would be a bit more clunky, but it'd hopefully remove a bit of trolling potential. Of course, it'd be unfair to be able to 'store' buffs and apply them at your whim, so the timers would still need to be ticking down (rendering short buffs, like 3-4 second duration, nearly pointless by the time you hit Accept)

10 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

COMPLETELY COUNTER INTUITIVE AND BREAKS THE FLOW OF MOVEMENT, JUST LIKE SPEED.

WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO BREAK MOVEMENT JUST TO STOP AN ABILITY BREAKING MOVEMENT?

I CAN YELL TOO.

Why do you complain on having to stop for a very brief moment if you don't want to go fast anyway?

Never understood this sentiment to be honest.

4 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Why do you complain on having to stop for a very brief moment if you don't want to go fast anyway?

Never understood this sentiment to be honest.

Because I do want to go fast. The speed Warframes currently travel at is more than fast enough for me. Dealing with an over the top amount of speed or backflipping constantly slows me down overall.

You know this, I've explained this in every thread on the matter. I don't care if it's rescues or spies or whatever, but for actual missions where I have an objective to defend or enemies to slaughter, I want to be able to control my frame, not waste my time.

Plus, as I always state, it completely breaks my stance to have increased attack speed.

Edited by DeMonkey

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Because I do want to go fast. The speed Warframes currently travel at is more than fast enough for me. Dealing with an over the top amount of speed or backflipping constantly slows me down overall.

You know this, I've explained this in every thread on the matter. I don't care if it's rescues or spies or whatever, but for actual missions where I have an objective to defend or enemies to slaughter, I want to be able to control my frame, not waste my time.

Plus, as I always state, it completely breaks my stance to have increased attack speed.

As I mentioned above, you can backstep while preserving forward momentum. Try it out and see if it helps.

Also @000l000, speed does not affect mouselook sensitivity.

6 minutes ago, Handstamp said:

As I mentioned above, you can backstep while preserving forward momentum. Try it out and see if it helps.

I've tried it, still dislike it.

Curiously one of the reasons I dislike the speed buff so much is because I actually know the movement system quite well. I've become accustomed to moving certain distances by using certain moves, sliding certain distances with specific melee attacks.

Speed throws all of that into disarray, there shouldn't need to be a work around, a "just do this asinine maneuver whilst flying". If we don't want it, we shouldn't get it. Yes, DE explored alot of options. Not enough, imo. Especially when an optional opt out isn't even remotely detrimental to anyone.

41 minutes ago, Handstamp said:

Just wondering, do you have similar grievences with Warcry?

Yes, I specifically ensure any Valk player I run into is aware of this, because if I get hit with Eternal War... Rip. IIRC the only way I can get rid of the buff is by dying.

The ability to set a cap on movement/attack speed would work, the ability to toggle speed buffs would work. The current implementation does not work.

Edited by DeMonkey

il y a une heure, Handstamp a dit :

Also @000l000, speed does not affect mouselook sensitivity.

It does since your movements are faster, so strafe can be really a pain. Volt's speed does not affect your aim only if you're not moving. And perhaps i'm alone on this one but i'm moving a lot in this game. 😄

Edited by 000l000

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Or like rolling out of speed.

Didn't say otherwise, not my thread. :tongue:

Just now, Kuestenjung said:

Infact it´s not counter intuitive. If you are to fast then you are braking.

Going backwards is counter intuitive to deactivating a speed buff. In fact, requiring any parkour move to remove a parkour buff is counter intuitive.

On 2018-10-27 at 3:39 PM, DeMonkey said:

• Stances are changing with melee 3.0 and will no longer be timing based. 
  • No to roll to cancel because I use roll allot with speed and I like speed.  I find roll helps with controlling it.
On 2018-10-27 at 7:10 PM, DeMonkey said:

I've tried it, still dislike it.

Curiously one of the reasons I dislike the speed buff so much is because I actually know the movement system quite well. I've become accustomed to moving certain distances by using certain moves, sliding certain distances with specific melee attacks.

Speed throws all of that into disarray, there shouldn't need to be a work around, a "just do this asinine maneuver whilst flying". If we don't want it, we shouldn't get it. Yes, DE explored alot of options. Not enough, imo. Especially when an optional opt out isn't even remotely detrimental to anyone.

• There is another thread with a similar idea of having a menu option to disable it. The problem is every one has some random thing that is against their taste and that thread basically ended up asking for a list to shut off different parts of most abilities in the game. Some people didn't like Speed, Invincibility, Power strength buffs, Damage buffs, Banish, Bullet attractor and absorb the last time I checked. I'm sure more will be added and I think that's too big a task  but if your really passionate about it here their thread.

Edited by Solarsyphon
Weird formatting

On 2018-10-26 at 9:42 PM, ReptiloidLaythre said:

I find this forced "buff" to be incredibly annoying in pub squads, and 99% of the time it's an unwanted effect that completely ruins my gameplay flow.

Why should 3 players be forced into this effect just because 1 player can't stop spamming his ability? For those who do want it, fair enough. All I'm asking is the option to opt-out.

Because being able to bulletjump-doublejump-roll forward while being boosted by speed is orgasmically good in PoE.

The better suggestion is to alter how the ability works like:

On 2018-10-26 at 9:59 PM, Genitive said:

Here's a suggestion. Press 2 – you get speed buff. Hold 2 – squad gets speed buff. No unwanted speeds and Volts can soar all they want.

29 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

Stances are changing with melee 3.0 and will no longer be timing based. 

I'm not talking about timing, I'm saying it can break stances.

I.e. no matter how hard you spam "E" you never pull off anything beyond the first attack.

30 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

No to roll to cancel because I use roll allot with speed and I like speed.  I find roll helps with controlling it.

Not my thread, not my suggestion.

37 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

There is another thread with a similar idea of having a menu option to disable it. The problem is every one has some random thing that is against their taste and that thread basically ended up asking for a list to shut off different parts of most abilities in the game. Some people didn't like Speed, Invincibility, Power strength buffs, Damage buffs, Banish, Bullet attractor and absorb the last time I checked. I'm sure more will be added and I think that's too big a task  but if your really passionate about it here their thread.

I'm aware of the thread. Speed is the only one I consider properly detrimental to my experience.

Again though, not my thread. Should probably be telling the OP this. :tongue:

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm not talking about timing, I'm saying it can break stances.

I.e. no matter how hard you spam "E" you never pull off anything beyond the first attack.

Not my thread, not my suggestion.

I'm aware of the thread. Speed is the only one I consider properly detrimental to my experience.

Again though, not my thread. Should probably be telling the OP this. :tongue:

I meant combos are going in 3.0. No more hold e or pause 

13 minutes ago, Solarsyphon said:

I meant combos are going in 3.0. No more hold e or pause 

I'm aware, that is again though, not what I'm referring to.

By first attack I do not mean first combo, I mean first attack. With a high enough attack speed you will do that same singular attack over and over and over.

The most obvious example of this is with the Iron Staff (my weapon of choice). Get to around ~+90% attack speed and the stance breaks.

i totally agree. This ruins my gameplay!

why? i exactly how long is my bulletjump, how fast i am, which jump i need to be at the door at the end of the jump.

With volt speed boost, all these things are different. AND not just "i got volt speed" or "i got no volt speed". The buff belongs to the strength! So every volt speed buff can be a little different!

Yes i know i can roll out with a backroll. But who wanna do a backroll in your normal movement? I just use it to go out of this buff! 

And keep in mind the troll players, who use that buff every 2 seconds. Want to do your backroll every 2 seconds?!

To share some perspective, I see speed as the buff that it is and I've gotten good enough to utilize it with high power strength and duration. I'll typically run Volt in missions like capture or exterminate and I like sharing my speed with others but i have low range. So if i see you without the buff I'm not thinking of trolling you, i just think i missed you when i was casting it. This leads me to cast it next to you again.

I've never had any complaints.