Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Toroids thingies in Fortuna : info

Feuershark

In Vallis when searching in caves you may be able to get to areas that are not mapped (or your minimap the cursor is in the void). In there you can find Toroids, a resource used for Garuda or for Standing. They are difficult to get because not only they spawn in places hard to reach but they don't always spawn.

That's all I know. Anyone else got something to add ?

Vega Toroid - Drop from enemies around/inside Spaceport.

Calda Toroid - Drop from enemies around/inside Enrichment Labs.

Sola Toroid - Drop from enemies around/inside Temple Of Profit.

Tip : Just go inside the target area. Try to get one of the enemies to put down the Reinforement Beacon. Wait until it hit alert level 4. Unlimited enemies spawn. ???.  PROFIT!!

You can also do that outside the target building. But for some reason when it hit alert level 3 there are bombardment that destroy the beacon. So, do it inside the building will prevent the bombardment and enemies will only teleport inside the building.

I wonder if the drop in the caves is a one-time only thing ? You need 2 of each for Garuda, I found 5/6, 4 being pairs. Other drop would be for Standing.

Anyway, although they do appear on the minimap with the proper mods, they usually are so far deep inside it Loot Radar mods may not reach. By combining them all maybe it's enough to scan far enough so that random exploring make them appear.

1 hour ago, NocheLuz said:

Tip : Just go inside the target area. Try to get one of the enemies to put down the Reinforement Beacon. Wait until it hit alert level 4. Unlimited enemies spawn. ???.  PROFIT!!

You can also do that outside the target building. But for some reason when it hit alert level 3 there are bombardment that destroy the beacon. So, do it inside the building will prevent the bombardment and enemies will only teleport inside the building.

I also got a few Sola from caves.

i havent gotten any of them. i spent 40 dam minutes grinding mobs up inside the temple of profit nothing. good way to make it hard to hit the 25k daily cap, make it so you cant even grind them. i hope its just broken like brilliant shards were

13 minutes ago, Grimm said:

i havent gotten any of them. i spent 40 dam minutes grinding mobs up inside the temple of profit nothing. good way to make it hard to hit the 25k daily cap, make it so you cant even grind them. i hope its just broken like brilliant shards were

If they provided 100-200 rep a piece, I'd agree, but they give 1000, suggesting they're intended to be valuable.

I'm just a little miffed I have to go to specific installations to even have a chance for them to drop.

FYI to all interested parties, the best place I found for farming is the space port. In its deepest bowls there's a hangar that offers a ton of space.  Easy to get swarmed at level 4.  Hope you like being airborne 70% of the time without ever touching your jump key.

Edited by Littleman88

The good thing is that each one gives 1k standing, but they are somewhat rare and hard to grind. I wish there were missions/bounties/incursions similar to survival/excavation on the labs and buildings on Fortuna, this way we would be able to explore this places better and get some of the enemies drops exclusives. 

11 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

this ^^ I did exactly this and had no trouble getting the stuff

12 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

Don't they drop from the spiders that spawn in those areas?

3 hours ago, kyori said:

The toroids are not even listed in the drop table webpage... talk about sneaky...

You want Ants Datamining? Cause this is how you get Ants Datamining. 

Half the reason Datamining sorta went away was the fact that they started giving people access to the information they'd otherwise have to mine the game for. If they start witholding that information...... people are going start supporting the dataminers again. 

On 2018-11-10 at 9:07 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Don't they drop from the spiders that spawn in those areas?

I just got notification that you're posting this 3 hours ago (lol).

To answer your question. I don't know. I only got it from normal enemies that spawn in those area so far. We know that we can't kill the Orb (big spider) yet. But any small or medium size spider don't drop Toroid if they're not in the specific area.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎10 at 9:11 PM, Fiend_Herd said:

Try farming in the temple of profit after the highest tier bounty- true endgame i'd say

Certainly is a ride. I'm going to need to bring Ammo Restores due to running out of Ammo, as I often wind up getting swarmed by multiple bosses at the same time and that causes problems for my Ammo Supply.  Lots of juggling different fights whilst dodging a myriad attacks.

A tough challenge, yet it feels fair since every attack has clearly-defined properties - Jackal has mid-range and is slow-moving and fairly low-damage, but can tank damage like a champ which can distract from other threats; Sycto's are mostly melee and are inaccurate with their ranged options, but hit like a truck if you get caught and Kyta's attacks are impossible to not spot but and, whilst easy to evade, can seriously limit mobility due to blocking certain avenues of movement.

It's great fun. Kinda wish the bosses had some kinds of special drops though.

13 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

I just got notification that you're posting this 3 hours ago (lol).

To answer your question. I don't know. I only got it from normal enemies that spawn in those area so far. We know that we can't kill the Orb (big spider) yet. But any small or medium size spider don't drop Toroid if they're not in the specific area.

Yeah, I see that any enemy drops it. It definitely depends only on the area.