Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some people can be just rude...

EonIsBuffering

So the mission was bugged (since you know fortuna still has some glitches) and it still showed me hacking the console for a bounty mission. This MR 21 person kept saying how it was my fault for not closing the game and it caused everyont to fail the bounty. And after he ran out of arguments to make he used blocked me. Some people can be just rude...

Just ignore it, the hacking console bug's been in since before Law of Retribution. Closing the game "Might" have fixed it, but it also "Might" have done absolutely nothing.
Accepting that a bug happened and going on about your day is the mature thing to do, ranting and blaming other for a bug is childish.

Consider yourself the winner of this interaction if you've remained calm and composed.

The question I always ask is what prompts that kind of reaction. Once you realize that it is an emotional response to a failure to consider something it becomes clearer to also understand that in those kinds of instances it is them, not you. Whatever their reason is does not concern you, it was not your fault and you are also allowed to make mistakes, they happen. Even to the best and most experienced among us (I am MR 26).

1 minute ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

This game actually has a lot less toxicity than most other online games.  Especially anything competitive.  

Said person that never touched pvp in this game or did anything like "eidolon speed run"
or any team speed run at all.

Warframe is as toxic as any other game,but most people have ban from saying "f,bethesda or trap" or other random word or letter picked by de in region chat
so they can not flame you for week or so. :^)

I'm max rank in pvp and people would tell me things like "insult i will track your ip and moorder you irl for using x weapon insult insult"
and all those common insults and mom stuff.

2 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Said person that never touched pvp in this game or did anything like "eidolon speed run"

Warframe is as toxic as any other game,but most people have ban from saying "f,bethesda or trap" or other random word or letter picked by de in region chat

I'm max rank in pvp and people would tell me things like "insult i will track your ip and moorder you irl for using x weapon insult insult"

PvP in this game hardly exists lol. The community for it is really small, and PvP usually harbors people that are toxic like that it's no surprise. 
So it's not "just as toxic as any other game" because the /main game/ of people aren't like that. 

And trash memes can stay banned who cares lol.

2 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Wow.  I play a lot of pub games and with my clan and do not encounter any of that.  Never done the pvp - that’s not my thing.

maybe it has to do with the game matchmaking you to more local players? I’m in Australia.  I guess I get connected mostly to other Australians.  Maybe we just don’t take the game as seriously here as you do wherever you are?  Or there’s just less jerks here...?

14 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Wow.  I play a lot of pub games and with my clan and do not encounter any of that.  Never done the pvp - that’s not my thing.

maybe it has to do with the game matchmaking you to more local players? I’m in Australia.  I guess I get connected mostly to other Australians.  Maybe we just don’t take the game as seriously here as you do wherever you are?  Or there’s just less jerks here...?

Nope,exactly the other way around,i get connect to people on other side of planet,mostly americans.

But as you say "never done pvp" so how could you even tell?

Edited by ---Merchant---

35 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

PvP in any game is full of toxic players.  That you play lots of PvP in Warframe and yet meet toxic players often while in PvP is pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy type of thing.  

All I can say is, I’ve experienced much less hostility and toxicity here than like WOW or D3 or any of the multitude of games I’ve played over the years.

ive also had a lot more people help me in this game than in others - giving me mods, items, taxis to resources.  Hell, I even had someone I didn’t even know once gift me a forma pack just from something I wrote on the forums once.

On 2018-11-16 at 5:58 AM, EonIsBuffering said:

So the mission was bugged (since you know fortuna still has some glitches) and it still showed me hacking the console for a bounty mission. This MR 21 person kept saying how it was my fault for not closing the game and it caused everyont to fail the bounty. And after he ran out of arguments to make he used blocked me. Some people can be just rude...

And your point is?
Welcome to the internet.

Ran into my own, mildly rude person in a mission earlier.  Mobile defense fissure on Lua, I'm the last person to get to the first console because one of those big messy rooms, and I ended up falling down to the bottom.  One person starts flashing their waypoint as if I don't know where I'm going.  Mind you, I didn't have the datamass anyway.  The funny thing was that after that they were the last person to arrive anywhere else to the tune of 15-20 seconds, and in the end basically had no meaningful contribution to the mission.  No words exchanged, but yeah, rude people are everywhere.