Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For you personally, did Fortuna fill the content drought?

German

If Fortuna did not fill your "content drought" (to add context to that term I have over 2k hours and still have 'content' to do before Fortuna released), I don't think there is anything DE could release that would satisfy you. 

Seriously, I think it is impossible. Even if Railjack is perfect I still don't think that would satisfy. If DE adds d twenty new weapons you wouldn't be satisfied.

And don't tell me "but muh endgame" because if you already are 'bored' of Fortuna where it is literally impossible for you to have done everything to the fullest extent, you probably wouldn't be partaking in 'endgame' to its fullest extent either. 

You are literally insatiable, nothing DE can do will fix the "content drought" for you if you are already bored of Fortuna. 

• Like 3

I dont know why people even wait for open worlds in mmo. It's a wast dead space. Theres nothing to do. There's nothing even to farm for. And that all while I do enjoy hunting and fishing to a point, but you literally just do it for the stadning and for standing you cant get anything remotely useful or beautiful. Its same boring sht, max out the syndicate, never touch it again. Why cant you fill it with meaningful rewards like conclave or syndicates like those major 6?

Sacrifice filled that drought for me more personally because at least it was interesting and well done and advanced the main storyline. This tho is absolutely pointless albeit its more beautiful than poe I'd give it that. 

Arbitration could have been A LOT BETTER AT FIXING THE CONTENT DROUGHT if they didnt spam gamemodes no one wants to play of if you could select the one you want like dark sectors. I only ever need excavation but instead, I spend 90% of time waiting for it instead of playing it. Rewards are also **** ****. Several mods from which only 2 are useful and only in arbitration itself, no cosmetics, no nothing. 

Цитата

You are literally insatiable, nothing DE can do will fix the "content drought" for you if you are already bored of Fortuna. 

"Already" like there's something to do here. ALL you do is aimed at farming the rep. Once done, no reason to set a foot in there. Both PoE and Fortuna are isolated, new mods there are useless, resources there are unique to each of them and only useful for its content, no universal resources like oxium, endo or kuva drop there either. That's all.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

vor 18 Minuten schrieb DrBorris:

If Fortuna did not fill your "content drought" (to add context to that term I have over 2k hours and still have 'content' to do before Fortuna released), I don't think there is anything DE could release that would satisfy you. 

Seriously, I think it is impossible. Even if Railjack is perfect I still don't think that would satisfy. If DE adds d twenty new weapons you wouldn't be satisfied.

And don't tell me "but muh endgame" because if you already are 'bored' of Fortuna where it is literally impossible for you to have done everything to the fullest extent, you probably wouldn't be partaking in 'endgame' to its fullest extent either. 

Wrong. Been playing for close to 5 years and there have been plenty of updates that had lasting content, Fortuna isn't one of them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, German said:

Wrong. Been playing for close to 5 years and there have been plenty of updates that had lasting content, Fortuna isn't one of them.

Okay, what update and why did it have lasting content? Then compare that to Fortuna. I think this is more of a problem of "been playing for close to 5 years". 

What made me concerned was actually before Fortuna was released. It was when DE_Steve was talking on Twitch right before the release. Sure he hyped it up, but then he said the size of the patch, which was roughly 4 GB. That size might be big for others, but for this update, I had no doubt that most of those GB's was for the giant map being added. It just made me think, "Is it just gunna be a slightly better Plains of Eidolon?".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

"Already" like there's something to do here. ALL you do is aimed at farming the rep. Once done, no reason to set a foot in there. Both PoE and Fortuna are isolated, new mods there are useless, resources there are unique to each of them and only useful for its content, no universal resources like oxium, endo or kuva drop there either. That's all.

And how is this different from any other update? If DE adds content, you don't have to do it. And if they rework a core system you are forced to use, you will just complain that you don't have a new shiny to play with. And if you want them to do both at the same time, you are just asking for another one of those "content droughts". 

I am failing to imagine anything that would meet your standard of 'worthwhile content'. 

7 минут назад, DrBorris сказал:

And how is this different from any other update? If DE adds content, you don't have to do it.

It has no longevity thats how it's different, no sense, no purpose, its isolated and dead even tho it's pretty. Thats how its different from main 6 syndicates for example, Eidolons, late void and many other things.

If you could've reads maybe you'd notice that I made an example of Arbitration. This is more worth doing but it has same bloody issues. Scarce rewards, no way to play what you want when you want.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

And how is this different from any other update? If DE adds content, you don't have to do it. And if they rework a core system you are forced to use, you will just complain that you don't have a new shiny to play with. And if you want them to do both at the same time, you are just asking for another one of those "content droughts". 

I am failing to imagine anything that would meet your standard of 'worthwhile content'. 

Well, fortuna could for example be a unique experience than copy PoE. When i saw fishing and mining returns in Fortuna i decided to skip the weekend in order to save myself from frustration. When people are done with PoE, tired of it, and want some new experience after almost a whole year, then it's surely expected for them to be mad or quickly burned out when all they get is a copypasta.

I also would like to say that PoE was the longest lasting content update for me since because it was all very unique. And the focus rework, damn. Plus all the new set mods with some of them being quite potent as well. Can barely say the same about Fortuna set mods aside from 2 Tek mods. Not only that but apparently you seem to get all the new mods thrown your way just by playing a bounty. No need to hope to get a rare mod when it has a dropchance of what feels like 40%. These things tend to all lead to a faster burnout.

6 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

"Improvements based on feedback from PoE" - good joke, DE.

To be fair, to reach the daily cap of Solaris compared to Ostrons is super easy and quick now. And Pax arcanes not only cost less but don't require to be built compared to Exodia arcanes of Cetus.

And well, "rare" mods being thrown your way, lol. Anyway, the improvements might not have reached your expectations but DE has actually made some. Don't ask me about K-Drive though...

Edited by IceColdHawk

44 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

What you describe is pretty much every single update in every single online game ever made.

Many of them only come with "lengthy" content additions when they put caps on amount of possible farming per day/week. WoW did it, I think even DaoC did it with Trials of Atlantis iirc and many other games have done so aswell.

How long did I run the new dungeon releases in WoW after an update? Uhm a few days until I had the item pieces I needed aswell as for the currency cap from heroics on a weekly basis. Fortuna is really no different, nothing more, nothing less, it is a content addition inline with content additions across the board. Those that blast through it will be out of content quickly while others make it last. I used to be a rusher when I played MMOs, something I've opted out of because enjoyment took a huge dip in the abyss. The only longevity WoW had for a rusher like me was the PvP, both in the world and BGs.

Not even full expansions kept me occupied with content for longer periods of time. Luckily I've always been an altoholic, so I've enjoyed the same content over several characters in many games. In the end the MMOs I've played have ended up much like WF has for me, where my daily doings have been centered around mining, fishing or gathering in general, with obvious gankage added ontop in games with open pvp. The difference is however, in WF I go at it from another angle, I dont mow through the content releases in a focused manner, I weave in gathering etc. among the other things. Making everything last so much longer and not just feeling the "meh what am I gonna do today? Mine, fish, or gather herbs?" when I log in.

There is really nothing DE can do to keep up with those that rush content and yell "content draught!!!one!!!eleven!!" after a few days or a week. How could they possibly try to keep up when bigger companies, games and their expansions cant even do it?

3 hours ago, German said:

Updates used to keep players busy for a while, implemented new systems and had fun and lasting grind. The only thing that made Fortuna last 2 weeks was the daily progression cap.

Also as a side note, DE themselves acknowledged the content drought, so me experiencing one is clearly not an isolated case.

Updates like?

Edited by Hypernaut1

vor 34 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

There is really nothing DE can do to keep up with those that rush content and yell "content draught!!!one!!!eleven!!" after a few days or a week. How could they possibly try to keep up when bigger companies, games and their expansions cant even do it?

Yes, they can actually release a major update every couple of months like they used to instead of giving us poorly thought out content (which is left abandoned after a few hotfixes) inbetween bi-yearly updates.

It's undeniable that the development 2018 was very different than any other year prior to that and we never had this many complaints about low content delivery.

Shifting from what we used to have to ambitious news-headline updates won't do good in the long run and it's effect is noticable across the entire playerbase.

A while back DE_Steve said he is "scared sh*tless of people stopping playing his game" but then I ask myself why did they announce 2 (maybe even 3) ambitious updates on tennocon even though they know and clearly see that little over 200 people isn't enough to make updates like that and at the same time please the playerbase with regular and lasting content drops.

• Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DrBorris:

Okay, what update and why did it have lasting content? Then compare that to Fortuna. I think this is more of a problem of "been playing for close to 5 years". 

Almost every single one, especially the ones that introduced new gameplay systems and alone the fact that they weren't disconnected from the rest of the game made them last. Plains of Eidolon, while at the core beeing the same like Fortuna, lasted longer because it was something new and had endgame-ish content with endgame rewards (arcanes, while most existed already). Fortuna is a better open world but in the end it's nothing new and if you remove the fancy facade everything that's left is a few weapons, companions and K-drives which are fun for some time but are completely disconnected from the rest of the game.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, German said:

Yes, they can actually release a major update every couple of months like they used to instead of giving us poorly thought out content (which is left abandoned after a few hotfixes) inbetween bi-yearly updates.

It's undeniable that the development 2018 was very different than any other year prior to that and we never had this many complaints about low content delivery.

Shifting from what we used to have to ambitious news-headline updates won't do good in the long run and it's effect is noticable across the entire playerbase.

A while back DE_Steve said he is "scared sh*tless of people stopping playing his game" but then I ask myself why did they announce 2 (maybe even 3) ambitious updates on tennocon even though they know and clearly see that little over 200 people isn't enough to make updates like that and at the same time please the playerbase with regular and lasting content drops.

We've still gotten plenty of content updates over the year. ESO, Arbitrations, story quests, some frames, Fortuna and so on. Those are decent updates to get every couple of months.

The year isnt over yet and just counting those I mentioned we've gotten roughly something every 3 months. And all of them are of decent size.

Gerade eben schrieb SneakyErvin:

We've still gotten plenty of content updates over the year. ESO, Arbitrations, story quests, some frames, Fortuna and so on. Those are decent updates to get every couple of months.

The year isnt over yet and just counting those I mentioned we've gotten roughly something every 3 months. And all of them are of decent size.

Yes, Arbitrations is pretty decent and I'd love to have more modes like this. Currency is always better than daily rep.

I hope they build on top of that idea and also don't forget about introducing new rewards.

Nothing can prevent content drought because all content in Warframe is the same, with a few exceptions like Eidolon hunting.

Different rewards don't really change the fact that you acquire them by shooting guy in the face in various environments

The thing that kept me playing are the changes to Nezha which made shooting guys in the face more enjoyable than before

vor 48 Minuten schrieb VentiGlondi:

Nothing can prevent content drought because all content in Warframe is the same, with a few exceptions like Eidolon hunting.

Different rewards don't really change the fact that you acquire them by shooting guy in the face in various environments

The thing that kept me playing are the changes to Nezha which made shooting guys in the face more enjoyable than before

Shooting masses of enemies in the face is what's the most fun for me. And that's what Warframe used to be about and pretty much still is. Adding more rewards or different ways of shooting people in the face just makes it more fun, for me at least.

It did not.

Re-using the formula from Plains was smart, but not evolving it enough was bad at the same time. The new landscape is beautiful but I’m already tired of looking at the constant white monotony. I just hit max rank with Solaris and I’m asking myself “Now what?” There is nothing left to do that feels worth doing. It makes me wonder why we had to wait a whole year for 2 week’s worth of content. 

I am hoping that the rest of the content like the giant Orbs and storyline progression that they’ve said will be releasing gradually will make Fortuna as a whole worthy of filling the content drought. 

45 minutes ago, German said:

Shooting masses of enemies in the face is what's the most fun for me. And that's what Warframe used to be about and pretty much still is. Adding more rewards or different ways of shooting people in the face just makes it more fun, for me at least.

Give me a new gun that shoots the face at a different angle and we're good

On 2018-11-26 at 4:33 PM, Arniox said:

There's an option in Nvidia gforce called: optimize new games. 

Do a clean reinstall of your Nvidia drivers and make sure to have that UNTICKED. 

I've ticked it before and it #*!%s with EVERY Game and their grandma. 

Thanks dude, it wasn't that but managed to get it fixed after lots of fiddling with settings.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Cargan2016:

the pace of updates is more geared toward casual players not the hardcore ones that will stay up 6-10 hours at a time 

Pretty sure 2 or 3 hours falls under casual. And Warframe turning into a 1h a day game is definitely not good and unrespectful towards the people that are the reason why Warframe even made it that far. And I doubt that's what the devs intended to make Warframe into.

On 2018-11-27 at 1:02 AM, Kuestenjung said:

I feel the same. The stuff that is missing for me are the Orb fights, don´t care about Railjack.

And the Moas, the new Sentinel weapons and the new mod sets are heavily disappointing. It feels like DE doesn´t want us to use them.

Yeah the MOAS have so bad pathing they are unusable.