Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It is enough of new Warframes please no more, thanks.

DEGONI.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but... the game's called Warframe... the whole point is getting more Warframes and making them strong to fight enemies...

To what end? Run Hydron for a couple hours and pftt.

We get weapons and frames and there is little else to do. They are aquired and see the shelf.

I’d prefer interesting quest lines to get frames and weapns in most cases.

For newer players they face a mountain of equipment and little motivation to aquire them other than ocd.

As long as every warframe feels and looks unique I would rather them keep releasing new ones. Hands down its the one thing that breathes new life into the game when its getting stale - not lore quests or most weapons that feel a little like others we already have. 

Fortuna style content is great, but a new frame to enjoy it with makes it even better and relieves the grindy feeling from levelling up factions.

On 2018-12-08 at 8:59 PM, Voltage said:

Warframe's success hinges on the implementation of new items. Lore doesn't sell in most cases, content does.

While I do agree with you, I normally take big breaks from warframe and come back with the next lore piece. So lore for me definitely sells.

2 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

But continually adding broken stuff after broken stuff does. I understand now, thanks for straightening that up

Quite literally, fixing stuff doesn't pay employees, you can't sell a fix, you CAN however sell a new weapon or new warframe. It sucks but nothing we can really do about it.

I agree. First- fix a lot of other frames that are underpowered/need tweaks, especially stuff like:

1. Abilities that start being useless mid-game and are totally not used in end-game because they are waste of energy

2. Make abilities of frames synergize with each other like few frames have: for example Nidus. Because there are many abilities that do nothing with other abilities.

3. Adjust damage/numbers scalling on many abilities to not be totally useless vs enemies lvl 60+.

And then waste time and resources for new frames.

On 2018-12-08 at 2:00 PM, Aldain said:

...If they stop adding Warframes then they should also stop adding weapons since those tend to collect dust too by your logic, and if that's the case, why not just stop adding anything?

Almost like if they stopped adding them and focused on balancing them they wouldn't be gathering so much dust. Oh wait sorry that makes too much sense. Everyone know$ exactly the rea$on why Warframe$ are con$tantly being relea$ed.

Edited by DishSoap

18 minutes ago, DishSoap said:

Almost like if they stopped adding them and focused on balancing them they wouldn't be gathering so much dust. Oh wait sorry that makes too much sense. Everyone know$ exactly the rea$on why Warframe$ are con$tantly being relea$ed.

You're assuming that if they stopped that the frames would eventually all be balanced, in reality, the playerbase loves breaking things and abusing loopholes so eventually they'd just either buff every frame to "press 4 to kill all enemies in solar system" or nerf them to the point of being all equally useless.

People want new frames, people pay for new frames, people who don't want new frames don't pay for anything except maybe cosmetics. Money talks louder than people saying "This is enough I don't want any new frames I just want everyone to use the same boring frames as always until the game goes under or the sun explodes"

On 2018-12-08 at 8:58 PM, DEGONI. said:

It is appreciated the intention of new content with new characters but I think that is already new Warframes suffix, and there are many and many go straight to collect dust, instead of new frames could focus on making new skins, skills, make new adventures or create more lore around those that are already. My opinion is not with the intention of offending anyone, only a recommendation that I hope will be well received, thank you. :community:

So you are saying they should fire all artists and designers creating the Frames?

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

You're assuming that if they stopped that the frames would eventually all be balanced, in reality, the playerbase loves breaking things and abusing loopholes so eventually they'd just either buff every frame to "press 4 to kill all enemies in solar system" or nerf them to the point of being all equally useless.

People want new frames, people pay for new frames, people who don't want new frames don't pay for anything except maybe cosmetics. Money talks louder than people saying "This is enough I don't want any new frames I just want everyone to use the same boring frames as always until the game goes under or the sun explodes"

I'm not saying they need perfect balance after all that's impossible. But more focus on improving most bottom tier frames into being in a better place would be highly appreciated. And if you really think things are impossible to fix then why aren't people coptering? Oh it was fixed because DE didn't want it in the game and focused on improving movement. Golly gee a real life example!

But yes as you so clearly pointed out the reason they don't do this is because money, as if I didn't spell that out clear enough. Even though more focus on balance and longer development of Warframe creation would be a boon to both free players and consumers in general. It's clear from OP's post that they don't want a complete stop of Warframes in general but rather a slow and shift of focus to game improvement unlike what you're disingenuously trying to make it out to be.

Just now, DishSoap said:

I'm not saying they need perfect balance after all that's impossible. But more focus on improving most bottom tier frames into being in a better place would be highly appreciated. And if you really think things are impossible to fix then why aren't people coptering? Oh it was fixed because DE didn't want it in the game and focused on improving movement. Golly gee a real life example!

But yes as you so clearly pointed out the reason they don't do this is because money, as if I didn't spell that out clear enough. Even though more focus on balance and longer development of Warframe creation would be a boon to both free players and consumers in general. It's clear from OP's post that they don't want a complete stop of Warframes in general but rather a slow and shift of focus to game improvement unlike what you're disingenuously trying to make it out to be.

There is no reason at all to stop developing Warframes, balancing old frames and making new ones are not mutually exclusive in any way, shape or form, they can alternate or be rolled out when they are completed, new frames and fixes both can exist at the same time. It is far more disingenuous (and insulting to DE) to assume that they can't do both, even if its slower going, and can't at least attempt to please both old and new players.

Long story short, stopping development of one thing doesn't make development of another easier past a certain point and it would be financial suicide to stop expanding the game's namesake.

13 minutes ago, Aldain said:

There is no reason at all to stop developing Warframes, balancing old frames and making new ones are not mutually exclusive in any way, shape or form, they can alternate or be rolled out when they are completed, new frames and fixes both can exist at the same time. It is far more disingenuous (and insulting to DE) to assume that they can't do both, even if its slower going, and can't at least attempt to please both old and new players.

Long story short, stopping development of one thing doesn't make development of another easier past a certain point and it would be financial suicide to stop expanding the game's namesake.

Like I said not a complete stop but a slow. And it's very clear that because of limited resources it means having people split on things will of course lead to overall less advantageous results. If this wasn't true why else would you try to claim a slow on Warframe development would be akin to a complete stop and "financial suicide". Because there's only so much man power that can go around, that's the simple fact of the matter.

You however, seem totally comfortable with not trying to see that OP's problem really is. Instead you ignorantly harp on the "stop making warframes forever" narrative into the ground.

Edited by DishSoap

Just now, DishSoap said:

Like I said not a complete stop but a slow. And it's very clear that because of limited resources it means having people split on things will of course lead to overall less advantageous results. If this wasn't true why else would you try to claim a slow on Warframe development would be akin to a complete stop and "financial suicide". Because there's only so much man power that can go around, that's the simple fact of the matter.

You however, seem totally comfortable with not trying to see that OP's problem really is. Instead you harp on the "stop making warframe forever" narrative into the ground.

Op's problem is 90% personal and not relevant to most of the player base, and the fact that the only counterpoint you can make is "narrative pushing" is leading me to believe you can only attempt to counter any arguments by discrediting the person and not the argument they are making.

You're dodging the question of what would happen if they slowed frame development and assuming the consequence of them not slowing development is a lack of other content, while also presuming the development cycle within DE would change dramatically if they stopped developing any one aspect. This is not a stable argument and DE has managed to develop new frames, weapons, quests and content that have appealed, maybe not to literally every single player but many of them, and have also kept players satisfied and continued drawing new players into the game.

Just now, Aldain said:

Op's problem is 90% personal and not relevant to most of the player base, and the fact that the only counterpoint you can make is "narrative pushing" is leading me to believe you can only attempt to counter any arguments by discrediting the person and not the argument they are making.

You're dodging the question of what would happen if they slowed frame development and assuming the consequence of them not slowing development is a lack of other content, while also presuming the development cycle within DE would change dramatically if they stopped developing any one aspect. This is not a stable argument and DE has managed to develop new frames, weapons, quests and content that have appealed, maybe not to literally every single player but many of them, and have also kept players satisfied and continued drawing new players into the game.

There are many players that wish to see old frames they used to avidly get raised to a much more usable level. Not only that but you assume that no revenue at all would come from a shift of focus. Increase in older frames may increase platinum sales to buy older prime parts and a better overall Warframe may net players into buying that Prime Access. But yeah you're right. For the most part it's probably not the most financially viable or efficient thing to do, but doing something for the good of the players and consumers almost never is.

But I see more and more people asking for buffs to old frames so they can get some use out of them in end game content, fixes to the constantly broken stuff that happens in game, and recently a complaint involving the lacking in inspired design. Pumping out Warframe after Warframe will only make the quality of them go down.

Just now, DishSoap said:

There are many players that wish to see old frames they used to avidly get raised to a much more usable level. Not only that but you assume that no revenue at all would come from a shift of focus. Increase in older frames may increase platinum sales to buy older prime parts and a better overall Warframe may net players into buying that Prime Access. But yeah you're right. For the most part it's probably not the most financially viable or efficient thing to do, but doing something for the good of the players and consumers almost never is.

But I see more and more people asking for buffs to old frames so they can get some use out of them in end game content, fixes to the constantly broken stuff that happens in game, and recently a complaint involving the lacking in inspired design. Pumping out Warframe after Warframe will only make the quality of them go down.

Honestly I can agree that older frames have been powercrept (Sayrn nuking entire maps compare to something like Nyx's absorb for example and I recently made Vauban myself and honestly think that his abilites are just...awful for damage and crowd control when compared even to Excal and Rhino's options) but stopping with new frames isn't a solution or even a reasonable option to free up resources as the issues are so varied that it can be hard to quantify what the problems actually are. Honestly I feel they might need a dedicated rework team to slowly roll out small buffs or reworks over future patches to deal with this.

This is not a zero-sum problem, it is something that needs long evaluation of when how any what to do to fix issues with frames and stopping or slowing development of them won't change that for the better. All we as players can do is make well thought out constructive suggestions for DE to review and this suggestion is neither, regardless of OP's intent.

23 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly I can agree that older frames have been powercrept (Sayrn nuking entire maps compare to something like Nyx's absorb for example and I recently made Vauban myself and honestly think that his abilites are just...awful for damage and crowd control when compared even to Excal and Rhino's options) but stopping with new frames isn't a solution or even a reasonable option to free up resources as the issues are so varied that it can be hard to quantify what the problems actually are. Honestly I feel they might need a dedicated rework team to slowly roll out small buffs or reworks over future patches to deal with this.

This is not a zero-sum problem, it is something that needs long evaluation of when how any what to do to fix issues with frames and stopping or slowing development of them won't change that for the better. All we as players can do is make well thought out constructive suggestions for DE to review and this suggestion is neither, regardless of OP's intent.

Honestly have to say that a focus on how Warframes are handled as a whole would probably be better than just buffs/reworks since that will be a never ending cycle. Especially if done incorrectly, which again due to a lack of focus would end up being the case. Warframes have some inherent issues due to core game design that's to late to change this late in development. For instance everything Warframe having to be designed with all mods in mind has to be limiting.

I feel without  some sort of base, development of Warframes will eventually plateau. Which would be worse for the game then a look into the balance of Warframes in general. After all alienating the player to their favorite Warframes by completely reworking them is a very real danger along with the very stale cycle that could be flavor of the month buffs.

Edited by DishSoap

I tend to agree.

There are tons of frames that just plain suck. There are frames with silly or non viable kits and there is becoming lots of crossover.

If anything they should go back and revisit ALL the old frames. There's no reason to make a new frame when 15 of them are garbo. 

Newer and better deigned frames just make the old ones look worse.

We have to encourage them to stay focused with what we have not keep adding half finished ideas on top of unfinished ideas.

Edited by IIDMOII

On 2018-12-08 at 9:06 PM, DEGONI. said:

oh my god how much toxicity in the forum of this game

Toxic? Nahh just making fun of someone for writing something that should never have been written. 😄 You wrote it now dont take criticism as toxicism. 😄 Basically you have called this upon yourself but dont worry we take it as a joke.