Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennobaum 2018

Marcooose

41 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

The more you mix in-game events with IRL charity events the more you alienate your gaming community by making them feel more and more guilty.

What? You 100% can use any plat other then starting plat to gift items to other players. 

i've given over 4,100p away in gifts already and all that plat has come from trading. 

2 hours ago, Brian770 said:

sent

forma 3 pack......35

30 day credit booster.......200

3 day  resource booster.....40

3 riven slots......60

and still aint on the board.

wont be spending any more till this issue is resolved.

You don't get on the board for plat spent but in number of total gifts given. This is why most of mine have been weapon slots. 

1 hour ago, Brian770 said:

did not know that, where did it say that?

it doesn't it just based on number of gifts.

also if you give someone like 5 forma bundles at once, it still only counts as a single gift. Some people last year and this year are simply giving out 5 plat decorations. 

Edited by Fire2box

8 hours ago, (PS4)RyanRFC12345 said:

By mixing it with the game they also spread the word of the charity which could result in more donations from people donating directly. 

It's good for the charity cause, but it's bad for the game and its paying customers and its player base as a whole.

8 hours ago, Fire2box said:

no this makes perfect sense. 

I've been playing since like september 2017. This year I saved up to 4,600p to give away in tennobaum. I have nothing left to buy myself asides boosters which I only need once every 30 days. giving weapon slots and warframe slots, etc is great. it helps them grind less, it makes me feel board and it gets me on the leaderboard. You don't have to give anything if you don't want to. Last year we hit the ultimate goal and so far we've already got like 2,500 gifts from the leaderboard alone which doesn't count all people outside it. 

this entire thing only helps everyone, in someway. 

I am sure that it's good for the cause in itself, but it's not good for the game. 

Besides once you begin to open these gates they will be difficult to close again.
How can you say No to the next good cause when you just said Yes to the last ones.

So we can look forward to disabled midgets season.
Remember to wear those ribbons gamers - you don't want to seem insensitive towards disabled midgets - what have they ever done to you!

Hurry up now - week of the blind and hungry are coming up - better find room for those extra ribbons - you don't want to seem unsupportive.

Yea sure, but why can we only fit so few ribbons on our character?! 
Damn you DE! We want to wear them all at the same time - we don't want to seem unsupportive about anything!
And why do we all feel so guilty - that we are not blind, hungry or disabled midgets?

(Mental Meltdown!)

I know let's go play something else that does not make us feel guilty. 
Yea we are leaving!

DE: Think about The Children - we have Orphan Children Month - please stay.

...tumbleweed... crickets...

1 hour ago, thor_sten said:

Is it possible to gift "wrong", i.e. can I gift a skin someone already has?

I believe the game prevents you from doing this; it comes up with a prompt saying that the recipient always has said item. So no, don't worry!

That's what happened to me last year at least.

Edited by 0utlier

17 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

So DE wants us to buy gifts with platinum and send the gifts to other random players.
To help with some IRL charity event where DE donates 100K USD when we have reached some in-game volume goal.
The more we give the more DE donates.

No thanks - it gives me a bad conscience and a bad taste in my mouth - DE should never mix IRL charity campaigns with in-game events.
If DE wants to support any IRL charity cause with a generous donation - just do it anonymously - don't tell anyone about it. 
Don't bring your players into it - DE should be better than this.

I read the other comments you and others made about this.

Whilst I think that it is good that DE want to donate money somewhere, what I think we should more concerned about is whether they are being transparent enough about this event. How much money (from platinum purchases, during the event and beforehand) are they making from Tennobaum in the name of raising funds for charity? I'd personally like to see some figures, especially if were someone considering buying plat right now.

Gotta thank Arachnid-Scorpiones and KingWolby imo. u guys are doing some truly gr8 work!

This is such a great idea, and I for 1 hope, we all gift as much as we can and break (literally wreck!) the goals DE have set.

Mad props to DE for doing this and thank you to all who participates in this event, on the giving and the receiving side. 

Happy tennobaum, peeps. 🙂

Edited by axfaxf
received gift :)