Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is a more controversial topic: Leeches, or Difficulty?

Quait

One thing to be aware of is the definitions of difficulty/leeching has yet to be clearly defined in warframe. I mean for difficulty I've heard vets call for harder content but very little on what that harder content is. Is it the scaling, the reward system, the replay-ability, a combination of all three? If it's any of these or none what would you consider to be "endgame" content enough for you that can be widely accepted by the community vets and yet can be reached by those who are not experienced meta masters.

As for leeching again this is technically more defined the difficulty but I personally have been called a leecher for not having the best gear available and not speed running the entire map while nuking everything in my sight. (If it's not obvious at this point I'm an average middle of the road casual player at best). My point here is that yes there are those players who will actively mess around or not take part in missions to fish or whatever and that's clearly leeching but for those who are trying to take part but for whatever reason can't keep up with experienced players or get stuck on terrain can very easily get tarred with the same brush. And this was on public settings for me so take that for what it's worth.

All in all the community is large enough that you can probably find people that you can work with to create a level of difficulty or minimize leeching but in trying to cater to everyone for one and eliminate the other will just end up annoying everyone and can't reach a complete agreement on what it is in any case.

11 hours ago, Kierlak said:

Leeches are an actual problem.

""difficulty"" or ""challenge"" are fictional problems invented by people trying to make the game into something it isn't.

Difficulty is an actual problem(for some people). 

"Leeching" is a fictional problem invented by people who refuse to accept how Warframe works.

Leeching is not a problem. It is a feature. Everybody does it to some degree. How else would you level anything? Anyways, the one thing I don't understand is why people say they like to play solo to avoid leechers. The exact reason I don't care about leechers is because I often play solo, so I'm used to doing everything myself anyways. 

The funniest part is how many people talk so negatively about leechers and they probably get carried all the time. It doesn't matter if you're trying or not. Either you're actually helping or you aren't. I was grinding the Index the other day and I just stopped and watched what was happening around me. This is why leechers don't bother me. I just run around doing everything I can do to get the job done. I guess some of you do what I did that day. You stop and watch others. I don't understand why people care so much about what others are doing. I'm only playing with you because of Tenno Affinity. Leeching is an important part of Warframe. Even if I'm carrying, I'm still leeching. Even if my teammates aren't leeching, I'm still carrying. 

That's Warframe. 😉

Maybe that revamping the EXP system to reward more exp for the kills YOU do rather than your mates kills would be good. It's sad, but the actual, best way to level up is by leeching. A good chunk can be fixed if DE change their leveling system. 

Edited by mikakor

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

Maybe that revamping the EXP system to reward more exp for the kills YOU do rather than your mates kills would be good. It's sad, but the actual, best way to level up is by leeching. A good chunk can be fixed if DE change their leveling system. 

Weirld enough they did Revamp the exp, well kinda. Before the Banned for exploit exp is that we gain exp from using abilities, I'm surprised it took DE years to figures though

I don't think DE ever intends WF to be difficult in any meaningful sense. WF is a game about endless farming and grinding. We get more powerful weapons and frames just so we can farm and grind faster and more efficiently. Anytime something new comes out we'll find some way to trivialize or break it so we can get the rewards as fast as possible. Remember Shield Disruption with Eidolons at the start?

There will be no difficult content in Warframe ever until player power gets seriously nerfed. Endless CC with Rhino and Nova, perma invis with Loki and Octavia etc. the list goes on. But given how Aimbot Prime is coming out soon (and that people are going to throw money at DE for her) I doubt any nerfs will ever come. The community at large loves nuking the map and stomping enemies with a single button press, and I think DE knows this.

12 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

Everything else (drift challenges, spy vaults) is parkour/knowledge based. Or it's a simon says puzzle (octavia/forma room).

absolutely not lol. Limbo can just walk through almost all vaults...

12 hours ago, MagPrime said:

with the wall latching.

thats what Lokis passive and parkour mods/arcanes are for...

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

You are really going above and beyond to be obtuse. 

no.

thats how it is, or is it not? warframe has no deep or impactful mechanics that requiere a strategy or some calculations. its all very intuitive and simple

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Difficulty is an actual problem(for some people). 

"Leeching" is a fictional problem invented by people who refuse to accept how Warframe works.

Leeching is not a problem. It is a feature. Everybody does it to some degree. How else would you level anything? Anyways, the one thing I don't understand is why people say they like to play solo to avoid leechers. The exact reason I don't care about leechers is because I often play solo, so I'm used to doing everything myself anyways. 

The funniest part is how many people talk so negatively about leechers and they probably get carried all the time. It doesn't matter if you're trying or not. Either you're actually helping or you aren't. I was grinding the Index the other day and I just stopped and watched what was happening around me. This is why leechers don't bother me. I just run around doing everything I can do to get the job done. I guess some of you do what I did that day. You stop and watch others. I don't understand why people care so much about what others are doing. I'm only playing with you because of Tenno Affinity. Leeching is an important part of Warframe. Even if I'm carrying, I'm still leeching. Even if my teammates aren't leeching, I'm still carrying. 

That's Warframe. 😉

Getting carried is not the leeching we are talking about, and you know it. Leveling a bad weapon on Hydron and killing almost nothing has nothing to do with taking a Limbo on a Fortuna bounty and sitting in the rift at the gate the whole time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

no.

thats how it is, or is it not? warframe has no deep or impactful mechanics that requiere a strategy or some calculations. its all very intuitive and simple

Ah, I see.  You don't actually know what subjectivity means and are under the assumption that everyone play like you.

No wonder you're having issues understanding. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Quait said:

Which one requires our attention more?

"our" attention???

And just what do you think players have the power to do, esp the when you consider it is only a minority of players being actively vocal in the forums and may not be even active in the game?

2 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

no.

You're only half right. Warframe has quite a few interesting mechanics (frame/weapons comps, modding) but we simply have no accordingly difficult content worth using that on.

Edited by uxx0

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Ah, I see.  You don't actually know what subjectivity means and are under the assumption that everyone play like you.

No wonder you're having issues understanding. 

27 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Image result for anime laugh gif

You seem to misunderstand as well lol.

I said warframe has no deep or complex mechanics zu begin with. Dont get why you are "laughing" but thats how it is, but I would gladly be proven wrong

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uxx0 said:

Warframe has quite a few interesting mechanics (frame/weapons comps, modding

never said that they arent interesting, just that they arent complex, in their current state.

2 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

we simply have no accordingly difficult content worth using that on.

thats actually very true

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

I said warframe has no deep or complex mechanics zu begin with. Dont get why you are "laughing" but thats how it is, but I would gladly be proven wrong

i see that as an act of futility on my part and any other as you clearly you neither know or care to know mechanics of the game aside from generic play

so GL with that ill continue laughing 

4 hours ago, limernest said:

There will be no difficult content in Warframe ever

Basically, this.

Warframe is a massive game that needs a lot of sustenance in the form of players. The kind of players who can and want to put in some skill are in the minority to the hordes of casuals. You put these two facts together and understand that WF will never have neither higher skill requirement (as it prevents newbs from flocking and conflicts with the entire concept of the game) nor any enjoyable "endgame" (as there can be no end to the game of perpetual grind)

Do you want a skill-based game? You play Monster Hunter (or its clones), or the Souls series (and its clones), not warframe.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

I suppose that is the inevitable conclusion one comes to when all they do is press 4.

The issue with difficulty is that there's no reason to actually do anything higher than level 40ish content besides ESO because it just isn't rewarding enough. I would love scaling rewards, I miss going into a t4 survival for four hours and coming out with tons of crap. Now? I hope you enjoy those 2000 credits at the two hour mark. 

Leeches will always be a thing, finding a way to subvert the behavior can be incredibly difficult. 

It's a toss up, because the game isn't too difficult even at level 300+ with the right group compositions, but a leech is a leech.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I suppose that is the inevitable conclusion one comes to when all they do is press 4.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i see that as an act of futility on my part and any other as you clearly you neither know or care to know mechanics of the game aside from generic play

so GL with that ill continue laughing 

actually now Im laughing xD

I play many different Frames, never much liked those Press 4 Frames, but thats a funny assumption.

So until someone actually proves me wrong Im gonna assume you have no idea what your talking about 😉

• Like 1

Only leeching I've run into during the 2-3ish years I've played was like a week ago where a guy went off mining and conservation hunting while me and one guy did the work in the highest tier bounty and the other guy that was with us was permabugged into an ethereal hell that /unstuck didn't fix.