Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime Access - Surprise New Item in Prime Accessories!

SilverBones

17 minutes ago, imbressive said:

[de]steve should not have tweeted that the helmet might be farmable in the future, instead should have confirmed that its exclusive to the prime access, like it always was with other items from prime access. people need to know what they are buying, a prime access exclusive item or not.

I can completely agree with that.

Wouldn't even be having a conversation about it if we knew for a fact that it will or will not remain exclusive. There are examples of other Prime items that aren't PA exclusive such as the Eos Prime Armor, but customers should be able to make well informed decisions without second guesses.

Prime Accessories for the most part has contained exclusive cosmetics that cannot be acquired by any other means. A tweet saying that the opposite can be possible later on (no confirming or denying outright) just muddies the waters for customers / players who want to buy now because it 'might be exclusive'.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

And that's how you properly take feedback and implement proper solutions. Thanks Bear, and thanks DE's art team 🙂

Now though... Are you aware of the can of worms you just opened up? 👀 I hope Baro is... extra busy next year.

I could live with it if Baro dug up a few more alternate Prime Helmets during his expeditions to the void.  ^_^

That is not cool DE!! Not only Armor sets but now Warframe helmets?!

That #*!%ed up! Not cool! I will tell you how much a prime access is in my currency!!!

RX 98.99 weapon prime access
RX 157.99 weapon+ Warframe prime access
RX 276.99 Weapon+ Warframe+ accessories prime access
RX 98.99 accessories pack

The basic pack RX 98.99 represents 11% of the average month income of a employed person.

The RX 157.99 represents 17% of the average month income of a employed person.

The RX 276.99 represents 30% of the average month income of a employed person.

Well that is a lot of money!!!! Thank you DE

4 minutes ago, Eruyt said:

That is not cool DE!! Not only Armor sets but now Warframe helmets?!

That #*!%ed up! Not cool! I will tell you how much a prime access is in my currency!!!

The basic pack RX 98.99 represents 11% of the average month income of a employed person.

Well that is a lot of money!!!! Thank you DE

...then don't buy it..? :facepalm::crylaugh:

Dude - you've got to realise that DE has to make money and this is a great way to respect players, but also make that money - through cosmetics.

il y a 1 minute, Kuez a dit :

...then don't buy it..? :facepalm::crylaugh:

Funny to hear it when everyone was losing minds about this prime access before and "don't buy it then" was not a option for all the people complaining of the lack of content in it. Look like it work on one side but not on the others for the ones willing to pay for this P.access. I feel a hint of hypocrisy on this.

Anyways, i'm against alt helmet in prime access but don't care more than that. Feels like a wasted opportunity to bring something new to everyone instead.

4 minutes ago, Imperatum said:

Funny to hear it when everyone was losing minds about this prime access before and "don't buy it then" was not a option for all the people complaining of the lack of content in it. Look like it work on one side but not on the others for the ones willing to pay for this P.access. I feel a hint of hypocrisy on this.

...might be, because it contained less..?
I feel a hint of obviousness on this. :crylaugh:

4 minutes ago, Imperatum said:

Feels like a wasted opportunity to bring something new to everyone instead.

Well, in a way it is new.

Im no against the addiction to the new item to the ugly pack accessories, i think is great for those poor guys who will spend 50$ on single target exclusive cosmetic. 

BUT what i find low is to implement something new and never seen before behind Pay wall. The fact that SOONTM  they will implement a way to get on game dont make me feel happy right now. 

1. Garuda blood sigil

2. Alt Prime helmet 

3. what next Operator Prime Amps behind accessories? 

First off, I appreciate you adding something new to the accessories pack. Not quite what I was hoping for but I will probably buy it out of thanks for trying at least. Maybe anyway...

Secondly... just... I honestly cannot figure this situation out. I have no idea of the best way to handle this, no matter what you do this can't really be fixed and a lot of people will loose. If I buy it, and you let the helmet be obtainable in-game in the future I might get pretty annoyed about the fact I bought it, if you lock it to the vault I would sympathize with those who want it but don't want to spend money just for a single frame item. If you add more prime helmets to accessories I won't be happy but the people that want more alt prime helmets will...

I don't even know how to feel about this anymore, I spent 20 minutes deleting and re-writing and still don't even know if I wrote what I wanted to, at least say with 100% certainty if the helmet will be 'farmable' or not. I know that will at least help me decide.

EDIT: My thoughts on this is basically, I don't want it to be farmable because it is a part of PA accessories and they should not me farmable. But at the same time, it is an alt helmet and should be farmable. I have no idea which decision is the better one but they are both pretty bad...

EDIT 4: This is pretty much how I view what happened at DE and I probably would have done the same as "Steve":

Spoiler

Steve: We need something to add to the accessories, people aren't happy, any ideas?

E1: Syandana!

E2: Armor set!

E3: Prime Sigil!

E4:..make one of her WIP helmets an alt?

Steve stares at E4

E3: That's a great idea! We already have the assets started

Finalized and posted

E1: Hey Steve, someone asked if it would be farmable in-game, it is an alt helmet so should it be?

E2: Yes!

E3: No!

E4: oh f...

Steve angrily glares at E4

E4 looks back then gets thrown out the window

3 minutes ago, Imperatum said:

Anyways, i'm against alt helmet in prime access but don't care more than that. Feels like a wasted opportunity to bring something new to everyone instead.

That is how I feel about it

Adding something that would be new and fun and refreshing to everyone would be more worth than locking another feature behind a paywall

12 minutes ago, Kuez said:

Dude - you've got to realise that DE has to make money and this is a great way to respect players, but also make that money - through cosmetics.

And about the price of prime access- my point was to state that REASONABLE PRICING and PAYWALL are a thing.

The game is free to play and has the best market model in the currently industry. The point is that the culture of fashion frame is nurtured within the community and therefore presents a real social pressure. If you cant participate in all aspects of what is defined as part of a said community you are not a fully part of it. My point is that locking another feature (a Fashion frame  feature- that is important for the community) to prime access is excluding.

2 hours ago, octobotimus said:

yeah, but it changes the warframe's model... its kinda like having a deluxe skin stuck behind prime accessories... plus with them considering releasing a farmable version in the future.... thats going to anger those that buy it with their hard earned money....

Hence it shouldn't be farmable

holy syalala beach.... DE... what have you done to me...First, i have no life anymore because of warframe. Second, you made me spent real money for the first time ever in a free-to-play game, although not as many as other people. Now, this is the first time I WANT to buy prime access... the highest tier even. Before this announcement, I was gonna buy the mid tier.

58 minutes ago, Eruyt said:

presents a real social pressure

A real social pressure... In a game..? I think you might be taking the game too seriously.
You just want to look fly as hell because of human nature - understandable - I understand that.
But then... Don't let companies capitalise on that fact then. Don't buy stuff just because they make it artifically cool. Skills, knowledge, health, physicality > cool clothes - or in a game - skill, perfromance > cool cosmetics. Of course a balance is always perfect, but not always possible.
Support the developers that make a game you like however you can - if you want, that is. With prime accessories you pay for exclusivity.

58 minutes ago, Eruyt said:

My point is that locking another feature (a Fashion frame  feature- that is important for the community) to prime access is excluding.

But then we're talking about something that isn't new to Warframe what so ever.

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Kuez said:

OW BTW: There were two prime operator suits and a prime liset skin. You can farm or buy (in game) other skins for these two. Should you be able to farm the primed versions for these in game too, hmm..?

These were new...

19 minutes ago, Eruyt said:

My point is that locking another feature (a Fashion frame  feature- that is important for the community) to prime access is excluding.

Well, prime accessories are luxury items. This is the thing that differentiate from players who don't buy prime accessories. Not everything has to be farmable in-game.

19 minutes ago, Kuez said:

Kuez

I will not argue with you because you are not adding anything to this conversation. You are just trying to disqualify what I am saying by point that I am trying to " look fly".

9 minutes ago, PrawiSucia said:

Well, prime accessories are luxury items. This is the thing that differentiate from players who don't buy prime accessories. Not everything has to be farmable in-game.

I am not saying that they should not be exclusive or that DE should not capitalize on exclusive items. What i am saying is that adding another feature to prime access sets a wall to what some people have or can have access to.

As I posted prime access prices in my region is unreasonable. I am glad that they added prime accessories packs to the prime vault packs because RX 39.99 is a reasonable price for me.

But do I think it is fair to have to wait till a prime accessories pack is unvaulted to be able to buy it? No i do not think it is fair. (by fair I am talking about reasonable pricing and about regional pricing issues)

1 hour ago, Eruyt said:

I will tell you how much a prime access is in my currency!!!

Well that is a lot of money!!!!

Really iffy on a one frame only cosmetic like a helmet being primed. Every other time it's been an armor set, a syandana, sometimes a sigil. these are great because any frame can use them. But an alternate prime helmet? I won't deny that it's cool but..... i'll never be able to use it with anybody but Mesa prime. I've always thought it would be kinda neat if prime helmets were a thing, and universal helmets would be cool too. if this were both of these things that'd be awesome and i'd no doubt work my best asset off to shell out for it. But just for Mesa? Eh. I'll buy cosmetics even for frames i don't normally use because they look great and they don't cost too much. but $50 for one? Can't say i would be able to justify it on my usual budget.

24 minutes ago, Sorenxoras said:

Really iffy on a one frame only cosmetic like a helmet being primed. Every other time it's been an armor set, a syandana, sometimes a sigil. these are great because any frame can use them. But an alternate prime helmet? I won't deny that it's cool but..... i'll never be able to use it with anybody but Mesa prime. I've always thought it would be kinda neat if prime helmets were a thing, and universal helmets would be cool too. if this were both of these things that'd be awesome and i'd no doubt work my best asset off to shell out for it. But just for Mesa? Eh. I'll buy cosmetics even for frames i don't normally use because they look great and they don't cost too much. but $50 for one? Can't say i would be able to justify it on my usual budget.

You made a good point, i wholeheartedly agree with ya :D. Yeah, if you now think about it closely, an accessory that is exclusive to only one frame seems quite lackluster.

Put that aside, now my main question: Can you equip it on Mesa? Or is it Prime-exclusive?

Archived