Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Improve Archguns

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Everyone wanted overtuned big weapons with unlimited ammo that would trivialize everything in the game further than it already is. Is that right? Were you banking on DE being blind or totally incompetent?

You can trivialize everything in this game untill 2036 with one Brainless Rhino and Ignis.

It's really unfortunate isn't it.

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Everyone wanted overtuned big weapons with unlimited ammo that would trivialize everything in the game further than it already is. Is that right? Were you banking on DE being blind or totally incompetent?

If you were beating that strawman any harder you'd be arrested for public indecency.

Children want to eat candy for dinner every night.

Slackers want to nap through their classes and be handed a good grade.

Madmen want to cause as much damage as they can.

What we want isn't always what we need, what we deserve, or what should be granted to us.  This thread is not an effective argument.

They need a drawback to balance them out

but slapping them into the game and saying they’re a calldown “ultimate”is not what I wanted

if that is what DE is sticking to 

plenty of other guns are better without the 10 minute cool down even after the archgun buffs

most missions in the game last less than 10 minutes, its effectivly a one use call down of an inferior gun 

its limited to ammo which can empty out in a very short time, in that case I’m punished for using a minigun as a minigun (Grattler)

This is going to end up as more content people forget exists because of bad implementation, its not fun in its current state

im not sure what to suggest to balanceing the guns out, I was hoping for a new weapon class with restrictions and that may be beyond what DE wants to do, but a ten minute cooldown does not feel very Warframe if that makes any sense

The original intent that was stated for the addition of archguns (and their numerous restrictions), was so that you would have brief moments of beefy damage. However, this is not the case. When I have to wait 10 minutes to use giant 4 barrelled flak cannon that is easily outperformed by a tiny pistol, there's a problem.

The Problems

• Damage. I have several rifles and pistols that outperform the Archguns that I wonder why I can't just use those to do the heists instead of the Archguns
  • Ammo. There's not very much ammo at all. 3 or 4 magazines worth tops, and it's scarce to get them back at all.
  • Cooldown. You have to wait 10 whole minutes before you can use the thing again, but that cooldown only starts after you have used your entire ammo reserve, which means you'll be waiting an eternity before gracing yourself with another subpar gun summon.

Proposed Solutions

• Either adjust the base damage or buff the archgun mods. The archguns are supposed to be big beefy damage, so the wait needs to be well worth it.
  • The ammo should either become a more regular drop, or simply increase the amount of ammo these guns pack. Ammo lasts maybe 15-30 seconds on these things.
  • The cooldown should either be cut down to just 3 minutes after the gun is put away, or (if you chose to make more regular ammo pickups) allow ammo pickups to reduce or eliminate the cooldown so you don't have to wait 10 whole minutes.

The intent is, again, to provide big beefy damage. Well, in order to achieve that intent, we need guns that are very powerful, that will last long enough to actually make a sizable dent in the enemy, and that you can use often enough that it doesn't feel like one of those "Why is the rum always gone?" moments.

I am open to further suggestions, but please, make sure to either upvote or provide counter-proposals/solutions. In its current state, archguns are not in a good place on the ground, especially against the Orbs. (Well, maybe if I would put my one and only upgrade onto the Velocitus it might have been a different story, but so far the other archguns are definitely subpar)

"Grineer command,this ship cannot be repopulated.It appears that the very hull of it was pierced by a wall of bullets*

Imagine,I,a lad that was always about grace and finesse; Vasto,Glaive (which appears to have better target tracking now,thanks!) and overall smaller-faster over big and bulky...The massive problem,in this case,talking,sentient-infused spider ,required a massive solution,in my case,a shiny,50 mm Imperator space cannon,which I considered my most "useless" Vandal.

...So,the spider eventually fell,filled with holes,juices spilling out of its armored shell...but I...I kept the ability to call my landing craft's orbital drop,much as most of you,fellow tenno....My impressions...icysmnx0lpsy.jpg?width=605&auto=webp&s=6

"Extermination mission"....Oh yeah,that's literal this time around.The animations.The sounds.The....well,spending all of my ammo on a single enemy,long dead ...

...I love it. Mesa prime,my most desired prime dropped,and I...hell,I can't believe something like this is so amusing.Big,powerful (not overpowered,but I don't care,It's fun!)...

....10/10,Thanks...just...this update...my fav frame,golden,my glaive-better (or so it seems),my redeemer,finally golden too!...And....something I never even knew I wanted is here,and I just...

"Corpus command,our ship entered global lockdown.God,the doors are shredding.We cannot stop it!WE NEED BACKU~"giphy.gif

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

But this is what regular weapons are like, you never run out of ammo and can breeze through most the game with em

get rid of the 10 minute cooldown, have them take up 2 weapon slots, always use the primary and either melee or secondary

use the ammo mechanic with a heat element to look after and balance stats around that or make reloads risky

bam new weapon class, oh wow! warframe reused its forgotten content in a meaningful way!

its not hard

really feels like DE put them in because they had to

"you guys want archguns on the ground? ok fine...they'll look cool for promo pictures I guess"

10 minute cooldown is nuts it may as well just be a one use item, the ammo only drops in the newest garbage boss fight; not in normal missions, most modded primaries or hell even secondaries are heads and heels stronger than anything an archgun can come close to, the cooldown kicks in after you're out of ammo

oH Ok I'LL cOnSERve mY aMMo, no now you're getting punished for using a minigun like a minigun

the grattler is depressing as a semi-auto

they shoved the poor archguns in a gear slot as a calldown ultimate thats weaker than everything else

why would you use these?

cUz tHeY'Re fUn

for 2 seconds, then your funs over and you need to wait 10 minutes or load into a another mission

this needs to change in someway

I hate this, I haven't hated an update in a very long time, Cicero crisis was the last time because taking pictures as space ninjas was "cool"

Edited by FoxyKabam

47 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

bam new weapon class, oh wow! warframe reused its forgotten content in a meaningful way!

I mean, you're right. Why didn't they completely redo the weapon loadout system they have to make room for what is essentially a meme at this point? How dare they put them into the game in the only manner it wouldn't have taken ages to do and take people away from more important content?