Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert Staticor to 23.10

Brigmore

For the sake of a net increase of fun within this game, make all Staticor shots an 8 metre radius again.

I wonder what the usage statistics were on the weapon before Chimera. Probably laughably low, and then they shot up when you made the weapon usable. And now, back down they will plummet. I know this argument is done to death, but that doesn't make it any less valid - why do you keep doing this in your PvE game?

You don't have an infinite number of poor decisions to make, after which people will still stick around. This is a horde game with enemies in the form of quantity over quality. People are more than welcome, and capable, to enjoy whatever type of weapon they want to deal with enemies. If they enjoy plinking away at them one-by-one, more power to them. But how is it reasonable to remove what I would assume is one of the most widely coveted ways of dealing with enemies - big chunks at a time.

Also the new FX is absolutely blinding.

• Like 1

git gud.

bad?! Staticor is one of the most devastating weapons even in endgame. it can shower AoE status shred armor and CC for days.

the 8 meter AoE was completely overpowered. It made the staticor completely outclass things like prisma angstrum - which is actualy a powerhouse modded well if you want serious AoE burst damage - simply by spamming its already high dps in a ridiculous area that was as big if not outright bigger as a freaking Ogris blast.

hell, they removed the AoE retarded buff (you can still have your 8 meter AoE by charging) but increased damage. It's still better than it was before. And the self damage only applies on full charge shots, which are not happening unless you absolutely intend to use them.

• Like 1

The nerf logic is pretty thoughtless tbh. From 2m to 8m then back to 2m. Wow so thoughtful. If 8m is to large and OP while 2m is too pathetic, why not pick the middle ground 4m not too big not too large? Anyway this thing is already in my toilet. Few months of enjoyment while spin to win continues until god who knows when is melee 3.0 maybe 2019 winter?

22 minutes ago, NovusKnight said:

Can I ask, genuinely, why you (and people like you) have a vested interest in keeping things like this down? Please don't respond with generic things like 'overall balance', and 'the health and longevity of the game' because that actually means precisely nothing. You won't have actually said anything.

Clarify your standpoint thoroughly, please.

9 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This needs to stop. Be real about what you are asking because DE isn't fooled by this crap.

I'm not sure what you mean. I haven't talked to a single person that is ok with what Staticor is now, so it is my quite reasonable assumption that it's for the best, overall, that the detrimental changes are reverted. Of course, I expected people like you and that chap a few posts before to pop up, but then again your typical and reoccurring forum posters have a reputation for being a vocal minority who drastically misrepresent the desires of the majority.

Edited by Brigmore

1 minute ago, Brigmore said:

I'm not sure what you mean. I haven't talked to a single person that is ok with what Staticor is now, so it is my quite reasonable assumption that it's for the best, overall, that the detrimental changes are reverted. Of course, I expected people like you and that chap a few posts before to pop up, but then again your typical and reoccurring forum posters have a reputation for being a vocal minority who drastically misrepresent the desires of the majority.

The point in quoting that specific part of your OP was to bring attention to it and not the rest of what you wrote.

"fun"
How could DE stop you and others from having "fun"? How awful could they be to make a change that prevents "fun"? Your wording was chosen to frame a game change as some sort of evil attack by DE on something nobody can disagree with: "fun". What could be more "fun" than pressing a button and killing all the enemies in a mission?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnProdman said:

It was one of my favorite weapons. Now with the new visual and reduced range, it got thrown in the junk pile with a ton of other weapons.

It's not viable anymore. Why use it when I can use something else? I miss my Staticor. I don't know what this new weapon is.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Balance idea. It starts at 8 meters and goes down to 2 meters the longer you fire it.

No thanks, it’s fine were it is now, you can basically spam it like before but with increased dmg, the charged S#&$ charge is pretty fast with decreased travel time

Before it was ok, then it was broken, now it’s ok but better. You can still have your 8m shots, you just have to work for it and charge it, which is the motto for everything AoE or OP in this game, put in the work to get the benefits. Saying ‘it’s not for balance’ doesn’t make what you say true

Also....hello, I’m GinKenshin and I’m a Tenno that likes and enjoys how the Staticor is now, nice to meet you :3 

the 8m radius on all shots was seemingly unintended by their actual patch notes... and also wasn't supposed to be a buff, it was actually just their kneejerk panic fix to void strike making the gun nuke entire rooms somehow, but they didn't want to acknowledge this bug in their slapdash solution to it.

Given its already horrible riven disposition, I get the feeling the gun wasn't actually that unpopular in the past, either.

As for now... I dunno. the explosion on the charged shot looks very cool, and the gun was clearly in an absurd state before. Not really sure if I'll use it or not in the future.

Edited by OvisCaedo

7 hours ago, JohnProdman said:

Why use it when I can use something else?

I'd like to point out the inverse of this logic is just as problematic. "Why use anything else when I can use this?" That's why things have to be rebalanced, up or down.

Mind I don't use the Staticor so I have no idea what radius works. I tend to agree with the idea that, if 8 is too large and 2 is too small (as opinions seem to indicate), then a happy medium might be the ideal solution. 5 is a pretty nice, round number.

Edited by Tyreaus

Unfortunately, DE does not make an effort to make sure all weapons are anywhere close to being as strong as others. So it's unlikely that they'll fix the Staticor, they just have kneejerk reactions to how popular weapons become. That way, they can limit the amount of fun people are allowed to have with some weapons, to encourage them to either grind out or buy more weapons.

Suck that it seems likely that the Staticor will remain in the trash pile with the Stug. 😞

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

4 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

Suck that it seems likely that the Staticor will remain in the trash pile with the Stug. 😞

... what are you talking about?

The rapid fire is great against single / a few close-together enemies, charged shots wreck stuff without much aiming required.

With the removal of self-damage, but keeping the faster charge speed and travel time on charged shots (plus the Fulmination option),
Staticor may have changed a bit but it's still (or rather, again) a truly great weapon now.

If you think Staticor is even close to the sadness in weapon form that is Stug, I have trouble finding the words to describe how wrong you are.

1 hour ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

yep it sure is bad now yep totally worthless definitely not still among the best secondaries and better than it was before this whole thing started

I swear, if the Ignis was changed to deal 32 damage a bunch of people would declare it dead and refuse to ever touch it again.  Yeah, it's weaker now than it was at one point.  And it's still good.

People using brain dead frames complaining about weapons that allow players to use anything else rather than Saryn, Equinox, and Ember for exterminates... happy they get all the kills again unchallenged...only in Warframe...

Side note: I have two staticors with a riven and forma and eidolon lenses that I crafted, not bought... on them...but... I know how it goes in this game...never get attached to anything...and I'll just have to wait and see how it feels when it hits the consoles

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

15 hours ago, JohnProdman said:

No arguments here. 

Also agree. a medium would be better.

Sadly, after 5 years in this game all i can say is that this is just part of a never ending buff and nerf cycle. Enjoy your flavor of the month while you can and move on to the next after its nerfed.

On 2018-12-19 at 10:33 PM, Brigmore said:

Can I ask, genuinely, why you (and people like you) have a vested interest in keeping things like this down? Please don't respond with generic things like 'overall balance', and 'the health and longevity of the game' because that actually means precisely nothing. You won't have actually said anything.

Clarify your standpoint thoroughly, please.

I don't think that "It's blatantly too strong" can really get any more clear. 

If we want to have any chance of having meaningful content that isn't just "these enemies have really big numbers. Are YOUR numbers big enough to survive?" Or "Lol, no, your abilities don't work and you've been CC'd" then we *NEED* be become *Significantly* less powerful. 

• Like 1

On 2018-12-20 at 4:08 PM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

People using brain dead frames complaining about weapons that allow players to use anything else rather than Saryn, Equinox, and Ember for exterminates... happy they get all the kills again unchallenged...only in Warframe...

Side note: I have two staticors with a riven and forma and eidolon lenses that I crafted, not bought... on them...but... I know how it goes in this game...never get attached to anything...and I'll just have to wait and see how it feels when it hits the consoles

Literally none of those three frames are that great for exterminates, Saryn and Equinox thrive in wave based gameplay, not a mode that requires you to move through the map, and Ember doesn't thrive at all. 

Volt is probably the best for exterminates, maybe Nova too. 

I don't think having a brain dead weapon is a good solution to there being brain dead frames, either. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yousho said:

Literally none of those three frames are that great for exterminates, Saryn and Equinox thrive in wave based gameplay, not a mode that requires you to move through the map, and Ember doesn't thrive at all. 

Volt is probably the best for exterminates, maybe Nova too. 

I don't think having a brain dead weapon is a good solution to there being brain dead frames, either. 

You're in the wrong game then....they tend to balance each other out when it comes to real population playing  Warframe that you can't control or micromanage with what you think works where and when...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey