Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaving warframe after 1380 hours(Devs take note)

Artimus_Rex

I have been playing warframe for several years now, off and on.  I am not a gamer per se, I just enjoy playing some of the better games available, warframe being one of them. I have a family, and cannot afford to sit and devote the amount of time needed to play this game well. I am stuck behind The Quills standing, and cannot advance. I have been trying to engage in the eidolon hunts, and have been studying frames and builds.  I just had an experience that pretty much ended my desire to play this beautiful game. I went out on a Tridolon hunt as trinity, and was killed permanently by the third eidolon.  All that time, and resources wasted.  The third eidolon was killed, but I got absolutely nothing out of the deal, for all my wasted inventory.  That is a god damned insult. I am forced to play as a team, to kill these things, with no possible way of accomplishing a team structure.  I have to wait for others to figure crap out, so I can advance.  I am forced to be gated behind something I cant do myself. So if the "teams" are not on the ball with revives, you get nothing.  If the "team" has no idea what that means, and you die as a result, you get nothing.  Feels like an absolute F-U-C-K Y-O-U from DE. I get nothing from the previous two hunts either.  Since I cant get this done myself, and am gated behind it, and am forced to hope other players know what they are doing, I have no other choice but to leave the game. I love Warframe.  Its pretty much the only game I play now, other than KSP from time to time. I know you can solo at least the first eidolon, but once again, the time necessary for the rivens needed, is out of my scope. I have so many other things to do and collect, but if I cant advance through The Quills standing, I may as well leave, as it is a very important step. I have spent a few hundred dollars on market items, as I really wanted to see this game take off years ago.  I dont want to leave. I just dont have time in my life to work as a "team", that closely(eidolons being multi-step kill enemies), to continue giving my time and money to this game. Thank you Developers for years of awesome game play, but I am not going to take a slap in the face like that for anyone.  Losing all of your collected goodies from the hunt like that is just a S#&$ty slap in the face, and kills my desire to put any more effort into it. Take care.

• Like 1

did you just do a bounty with randos? bc even in low experience squads as long as the damage is there you should be ok but i definitely recommend recruiting a squad if youre going with randos and having problems with simple things like getting revived. Also id recommend the harrow/limbo or volt roles for new people as theyre the simplest. Trinity is probably the most involved of the roles.

edit: also you say youre stuck with the quills standing, are you far enough to have made a good amp? If youre still using the mote amp i recommend you only do single eidolons unless people are willing to carry you because the mote amp is really bad compared to any of the others.

Edited by JarodDempsey

Okay, listen man, I get your frustration, I really do. There isn't a worse feeling in the world than having all your rewards pulled away from you. It blows. But this post feels like a big knee jerk over reaction. It has always worked like that, if you die and the rest of your squad completes mission, you don't get the extra goodies. This is nothing new. And before you say anything, I also have a family and have invested time and money in this game. Having a family and a full time job I still am able to put together a squad of competent people that can take down tridolons multiple times a night. 

The tridolons are put together in a way that you need to know what your doing and be aware of your surroundings because they can do a lot of damage with some of their aoe attacks. If you died on Hydro, I imagine it's either to the tons of vomavalysts that come from the blooms, or from the toxic ground effect. It happens man. More times than I care to admit I lost everything in those fights. But thisnresppnse? This isn't productive. This is hardly even general feedback. This is just a rant of an understandably frustrated player. 

• Like 1

Trinity main here and i have no idea how you could manage to die in Eidolon fights. Warframe taking damage? Switch to operator and go void mode, makes you invincible. Warframe taking damage? Bless.

I guess i should also add the fact that you don't ~have~ to do all three Eidolons? Heck i completed Quills standing before Tridolon even existed.

23 minutes ago, Artimus_Rex said:

I went out on a Tridolon hunt as trinity, and was killed permanently by the third eidolon.

Keep bless active and dodge attacks, as long as you stay moving it should not be hard to survive.

25 minutes ago, Artimus_Rex said:

I am forced to play as a team, to kill these things,

You are not, soloing Eidolons is possible.

26 minutes ago, Artimus_Rex said:

with no possible way of accomplishing a team structure.

Recruiting Chat.

27 minutes ago, Artimus_Rex said:

I have to wait for others to figure crap out, so I can advance.  I am forced to be gated behind something I cant do myself. So if the "teams" are not on the ball with revives, you get nothing.

You expect to get carried through the game by others and are now disappointed, that it doesn't always work. If you can't do it yourself you are a burden to the team.

29 minutes ago, Artimus_Rex said:

Feels like an absolute F-U-C-K Y-O-U from DE.

So, let me get this straight. You are not good enough for the content you want to play, try to get carried through it and it doesn't work because you keep dying and the others don't want to revive you? How is this DE's fault?

32 minutes ago, Artimus_Rex said:

the time necessary for the rivens needed, is out of my scope.

You don't need any riven for Eidolons. You can kill all three Eidolons in one night without any rivens.

33 minutes ago, Artimus_Rex said:

if I cant advance through The Quills standing, I may as well leave, as it is a very important step.

The quills sell you Amps which only real purpose is to kill Eidolons. So you can just play on without them.

34 minutes ago, Artimus_Rex said:

I have spent a few hundred dollars on market items, as I really wanted to see this game take off years ago.

Why is this relevant to the post?

Ehm, You managed to die 6 times during eidolons?

Are you sure that your team is to blame for that?

Besides, if you really want, you can solo them.
It'll be a lot harder than doing it with a team though ^^ Any group of randoms can clear an tridolon group.

The focus is though to keep the lures alive, keeping other players alive is secondary.

And as a trinity, you shouldn't even die. every time I die when playing trinity during eidolon hunts is because I messed up and stood in the bad stuff. 

also your argument that you need incredible rivens to solo them is not true. you can solo all three eidolons without rivens. it'll just take a bit longer. but is still doable in
night time.

You do realize that you can get every Amp and buy every Arcane from other players without having ever killed an Eidolon, right?

The developers have put the most casual friendly aspects possible into this game. Almost to a frustrating degree for players who pushed hard those first weeks of PoE when Teralyst dropped nothing but a shard, the rep gains were 1/4 what they are now and the crafting costs were x4 as much.

You can literally just kill Vomvayst / Sentients and convert their cores into higher rep gains if you're intend on gaining with Quills.

The best thing about Warframe is you're not forced into playing any specific way. You didn't have to Raid to get Arcanes. You don't have to kill Eidolons either. You don't have to do Fissures to get Primes or Sorties to get Rivens. Play however you want and trade for whatever you want.

There's nothing to take note of except pessimism. Yea, I don't like Eidolons either but I own most Arcanes. I don't like the "bite size" approach they've taken to mission spamming either so I play how I like instead. Take a break, I just got back from one. When you've been going over 5 years you have to.

Edited by Xzorn

I guess this will be another case for frustration buildup.

OP might have been awfully close to total burnout and this experience was the last push for the collapse.

To be fair i kinda see where OP comes from, theres really no reason why you shouldnt get anything in a mission once you burn throught all your revives. I remember playing many mmo's where even if you died you still got the reward because the mission was success and thats the only thing what matters especially knowing that if you die in a mission you just end up on your ship likr nothing happened.

Another of those "oh lol game has X I don't like I quit"

No game's perfect. Quitters won't win and winners don't quit, that's all I need to say. Then again, who am I to talk when all I do is daily sortie, some Kuva survivals and stuff as I wait for things I really want to drop, like Cyberpunk 2077.

OP apparently doesn't understand you can just ... play something else and play less without "quitting", it appears.

3 minutes ago, Cephalycion said:

On side note... Spend over a thousand hours in any farming game and burnout becomes pretty common.

War Thunder might be an exception to this rule, for me at least it is.

I just avoid touching the unbalanced mess that is ground battles ever again and i can play that game forever.

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I guess this will be another case for frustration buildup.

OP might have been awfully close to total burnout and this experience was the last push for the collapse.

To be fair i kinda see where OP comes from, theres really no reason why you shouldnt get anything in a mission once you burn throught all your revives. I remember playing many mmo's where even if you died you still got the reward because the mission was success and thats the only thing what matters especially knowing that if you die in a mission you just end up on your ship likr nothing happened.

I need this explained to me, because the game really does a poor job of explaining consequences outside trial and error.

If you're in a squad and you run out of revives, you get Nothing, but you still have the choice of waiting it out or aborting? for, no reason that is? because it seriously is a detriment to you and the only reason I can see it existing, is to not disconnect as the host and summon the dreadful curse of the, "HOST MIGRATION" upon your squad mates.

29 minutes ago, toxicitzi said:

I need this explained to me, because the game really does a poor job of explaining consequences outside trial and error.

If you're in a squad and you run out of revives, you get Nothing, but you still have the choice of waiting it out or aborting? for, no reason that is? because it seriously is a detriment to you and the only reason I can see it existing, is to not disconnect as the host and summon the dreadful curse of the, "HOST MIGRATION" upon your squad mates.

Thats it literally.

You get nothing but you can stay and watch your teammates fight for zero rewards.

It has absolutely no reason to exist and even the host migration only affect the non-host players negatively, the host is fine but still doesnt get rewards.

5 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Thats it literally.

You get nothing but you can stay and watch your teammates fight for zero rewards.

It has absolutely no reason to exist and even the host migration only affect the non-host players negatively, the host is fine but still doesnt get rewards.

And that's all I needed to know. Thanks for the straightforward answer.

Whiney? Quitter!? No real problem and no feed back, what devs should take note? That you fail at the game so hard that you prefer to put blame over someone else before accepting you're bad...

Man up and check YouTube videos for some eidolon hunting and spare us the weak excuses...