Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Report players AFK?!

ShinTechG

Question

How do you report players AFK? The reasons in the game to report for seem limited and no option for AFK. On a Profit-Taker fight, had a player just sit and the Fortuna Gate the whole time. You can also see the mission summary showing him doing 0 damage and 0 kills (I saved screenshot). Right after the profit-taker died, he rushed over to suck up the loot and then back to the gate to extract.

Why on Earth is there no option in the game to report players for this nonsense immediately?

Edited by ShinTechG
Clarifying mission that was done

21 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

Why on Earth is there no option in the game to report players for this nonsense immediately?

Because bullying/griefing would be bound to occur if it's in-game reporting. 

@GnarlsDarkley pointed you in the right direction.  Report and be patient.  Ignore then too and you shouldn't be matched with that person again either.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

At the gate with potential AFK player and in Fight.

I think the story from OP is pretty clear.
1 person stood at the gate, waiting, doing nothing.
3 people did the Orb fight.
As soon as the fight was done, the 1 person waiting raced towards them, grabbed the loot and headed out.
Aka do nothing for all the rewards. No mention about being in 2 places.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

I think the story from OP is pretty clear.
1 person stood at the gate, waiting, doing nothing.
3 people did the Orb fight.
As soon as the fight was done, the 1 person waiting raced towards them, grabbed the loot and headed out.
Aka do nothing for all the rewards. No mention about being in 2 places.

Its about OP, how he know that the player is AFK while he is in fight, or he is also AFK for rest 2 players doing fight because he is checking the first pllayer? No its not clear. Player marked as AFK can be in Elevator still loading into mission. You can´t just "sitting" outside because, soon or later, you will be attacked by Enemies, so you will die or you must deal dmg. It can be easily a casual player who knows he is too weak for fight, in this case what is better, weak player outside the fight or in fight revived every minute?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Its about OP, how he know that the player is AFK while he is in fight, or he is also AFK for rest 2 players doing fight because he is checking the first pllayer? No its not clear. Player marked as AFK can be in Elevator still loading into mission. You can´t just "sitting" outside because, soon or later, you will be attacked by Enemies, so you will die or you must deal dmg. It can be easily a casual player who knows he is too weak for fight, in this case what is better, weak player outside the fight or in fight revived every minute?

You can sit outside the door just fine if you so choose to. As for how the player knew, there's this thing called a map. You can also see a stationary icon if you simply look in the direction of Fortuna. Also, the 0's on the mission complete screen are a pretty obvious giveaway.

• Like 9

On 2019-01-04 at 7:00 PM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Player marked as AFK can be in Elevator still loading into mission.

there's a few times when i load into mission, the objective is done. so it's possible.

but it's very clear when player completes their loading: when their name shows up at top right screen.

when you load into a mission, other players see something like "xxx joins" at the bottom right screen (also appears on pause menu but not showing on the shied/hp UI). when loading completes, their id, hp, shield stuff show up at top right side along with all players.

Edited by djtotato

On 2019-01-05 at 8:00 AM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

On PC, we can click and hold "M" to open a full map. From there we can see where all the players' at.

@ShinTechG be sure to screenshot the full map too from time to time when you suspected someone AFK. I always did that but I will warn them before I would actually report....

Ive played Warframe for years, started off when the PS4 launched and then moved to PC. It is really annoying when people decide to leech experience and do absolutely nothing to help. I wish there was an effective way to report people like this or for the game to boot them when they don't perform an action after a few minutes.

• Like 2

I support this, there should be an ingame option for ignore players and don't get matched with them again ever.

Also ingame reporting for beeing afk would be a good thing too, many f2p games have this (World of Warships for example) you just need to be strict about it.. if someone abuses this function he should get punished for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiaraD said:

Also ingame reporting for beeing afk would be a good thing too, many f2p games have this (World of Warships for example) you just need to be strict about it.. if someone abuses this function he should get punished for example.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/673102-is-the-reporting-system-even-functual/

It doesn't look like it's worth the bother. It's either a placebo or the treshold is set really high or it varies per region. No amount of being strict can dummy-proof such a feature from being abused by utterly clueless, insecure or temperamental people. If you make it too easy and convenient, they will use it full force.

The moment somebody gets upset, they would go straight for the report button if it's so easily accessible. Whereas reporting through helpdesk takes more effort and time writing an explanation and preparing screenshots, by then they will have cooled off and realize how silly their tantrum is and not report others for silly reasons. Only if you truly believe the reported user has done something against the rules will you proceed.

An in-game report system would overflow DE staff like an avalanche. Even if you punish all fake reports, that's still a massive undertaking wasting so much manpower.

I googled up on other games with in-game report systems. Sure enough, they get abused or it never really worked. Does more harm then good.

Usually whenever I go to Fortuna, to do a bounty or whatever, it takes me a good while to load. (Part of it is, I need to upgrade my hardware)

Then when I finally load in, the bounty is 50-75% done. As soon as I load I try to go to the fight.

---

This guy may have very well been just wanting the loot. I have had players like that on my squad too.

---

I think it would be helpful if we could choose the level minimums that could go into our public squads. 

OR

Maybe a good matchmaking system, that would match similar levels, or something. 

---

There could also be a squad kick vote, or the leader can kick.

Edited by GrayFrequency

Kicking isn’t always a good idea. I’ve gone into a survival mission and found a player on keyboard but floating around gaining affinity with his friends but not killing himself... I asked him to contribute to the team but he didn’t respond. I began to relax next to him and the other players got mad at me for not killing with them. Normally I’m a team player and I love destroying the evil across the universe but I wanted everyone to work together. They got mad, talked some crap and said they were going to leave. I explained my issue but we all left together.... unhappy in a fun game...

but they WOULD have kicked me off if they had the chance. Wouldn’t have been fair to me.... and I’m usually the top one or two on total kills on missions and like playing with others. Heck, I like the randomness of public play. Something fun/interesting can unfold at anytime. 

Ill give another example: if I go into survival and a couple of frames want to do the pilfering swarm and Nekris combo, I’m game but I want to kill some as well. I’ll hang with ya but I’m not gonna sit around and wait without playing myself. What if they don’t like me killing a little around them?

What if player/frame 4 doesn’t want to sit around and watch the dumb tentacles at work? Should he/we get kicked off because he’s “ruining” hydros fun?

3 hours ago, Softballbryan said:

Kicking isn’t always a good idea. I’ve gone into a survival mission and found a player on keyboard but floating around gaining affinity with his friends but not killing himself... I asked him to contribute to the team but he didn’t respond. I began to relax next to him and the other players got mad at me for not killing with them. Normally I’m a team player and I love destroying the evil across the universe but I wanted everyone to work together. They got mad, talked some crap and said they were going to leave. I explained my issue but we all left together.... unhappy in a fun game...

but they WOULD have kicked me off if they had the chance. Wouldn’t have been fair to me.... and I’m usually the top one or two on total kills on missions and like playing with others. Heck, I like the randomness of public play. Something fun/interesting can unfold at anytime. 

Ill give another example: if I go into survival and a couple of frames want to do the pilfering swarm and Nekris combo, I’m game but I want to kill some as well. I’ll hang with ya but I’m not gonna sit around and wait without playing myself. What if they don’t like me killing a little around them?

What if player/frame 4 doesn’t want to sit around and watch the dumb tentacles at work? Should he/we get kicked off because he’s “ruining” hydros fun?

I agree with this, while a kick button is a great solution fora lot of things, however there is too much room for abuse and i think those who are for a "kick" option will then complain about being kicked for the most inane thing. Like, oh brought the wrong type of gun, i dont like limbo, who even dies here, ewwww those colours.

if i dont like how a mission is going cos of AFK'rs, people griefing, honestly i just leave. 

But is this a PC problem, i play on PS4 and to be honest i very rarely, if at all see people just not doing any thing. 

On 2019-01-05 at 12:00 AM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

how he know that the player is AFK while he is in fight, or he is also AFK for rest 2 players doing fight because he is checking the first pllayer? No its not clear

its very clear, you dont need to be a genius to know what direction fortunas lift is in, and even if you dont know where it is you can hold down M and look at the map, this happens all of the time, and not just with things like the eidolon or profit orb fight, ive had jackasses sit at the cetus gate as limbo, IN THE RIFT, doing jack S#&$ while the rest of us did the bounty, yet the second the thing was finished they instantly went into the gate and waited for us to get back to return to cetus, and its OBVIOUS someones AFKing when their name is just sat there, at the entrance to the map, doing absolutely nothing (oh, also, about that jackass limbo i was talking about, i know he loaded in from the start cause, like i said, he was outside the cetus gate in the rift, not inside the gate, and he had moved and faked going to the next objective when the rest of us passed the gate, so the slimy little S#&$ was definitely not still loading or having any issues like that)

theres no "marking for AFK", you dont need to have a high IQ to tell if someones sat outside the fortuna lift or cetus gate purposefully being an AFKing leech

also, as much as i know english might not be your first language, whats with this grammar?

Edited by Joltyboi

7 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

its very clear, you dont need to be a genius to know what direction fortunas lift is in, and even if you dont know where it is you can hold down M and look at the map, this happens all of the time, and not just with things like the eidolon or profit orb fight, ive had jackasses sit at the cetus gate as limbo, IN THE RIFT, doing jack S#&$ while the rest of us did the bounty, yet the second the thing was finished they instantly went into the gate and waited for us to get back to return to cetus, and its OBVIOUS someones AFKing when their name is just sat there, at the entrance to the map, doing absolutely nothing (oh, also, about that jackass limbo i was talking about, i know he loaded in from the start cause, like i said, he was outside the cetus gate in the rift, not inside the gate, and he had moved and faked going to the next objective when the rest of us passed the gate, so the slimy little S#&$ was definitely not still loading or having any issues like that)

theres no "marking for AFK", you dont need to have a high IQ to tell if someones sat outside the fortuna lift or cetus gate purposefully being an AFKing leech

also, as much as i know english might not be your first language, whats with this grammar?

My, dear. You were probably still in father’s balls when I took my English last lesson and when you expect from 47 old man that he will start to take lessons from Oxfords English just because you’re in mention that you’re a member of Police squad, here and in game, you’re wrong.

Back to Topic. AFK and Leeching are different behaviors. While AFK has 2min Tolerance, Leeching in form like Fishing and Mining during Bounties doesn’t exist, it’s just false mention based on pure Demagogy: “This is Bounty you must do the Bounty”.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

While AFK has 2min Tolerance, Leeching in form like Fishing and Mining during Bounties doesn’t exist, it’s just false mention based on pure Demagogy: “This is Bounty you must do the Bounty”.

Are you suggesting that it is OK for someone to team up for a public BOUNTY only to decide mid-loading that "Hmm, I don't wanna do this, I'll fish instead! Let the rest fight it out, i'll get the loot anyway" ? Because, in my book, if you team up for a special type of mission, you are supposed to do said mission, otherwise you are wasting a perfectly good slot that somebody else would have taken, somebody that would be of help. There's no demagogy of any kind here. When you go to work you don't decide not to work without suffering the consequences. You've applied for the job, you must do it or leave. Same for any team activity. If you don't want to play along, leave.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Leeching in form like Fishing and Mining during Bounties doesn’t exist, it’s just false mention based on pure Demagogy: “This is Bounty you must do the Bounty”.

So when you select a mission you think it's perfectly fine to not do the mission you selected?
So if we go into a capture / rescue / assassination mission etc you're cool with me just killing random enemies and looking around for resource nodes completely ignoring the objective?

• Like 1

On 2019-01-22 at 7:06 PM, (PS4)VaNiDgE said:

if i dont like how a mission is going cos of AFK'rs, people griefing, honestly i just leave. 

But is this a PC problem, i play on PS4 and to be honest i very rarely, if at all see people just not doing any thing. 

Its a growing problem on xbox. Latest trick is to go into a sortie as ivara and just stealth the whole thing. 

Im ok with carrying a player through hydron or helane as thats kinda the places to go to level up or farm focus so it works out well when theres a good mix. But turning up to a sortie as ivara with 2 rank 0 weapons is not unheard of.