Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Pablo says he would rework Vauban the next time he eats tacos!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Only asked about reworks. And over powered is over powered frankly, and saryn pushes it to the extreme. 

honestly, the ability to design a new frame and entirely reworking a frame are similar if not identical skills. (at least when designing ability's) also i was arguing saryn is a well designed frame. when something is "op" it means we must ALWAYS have one in a group. IE chroma in orbs or mirage when shutting down an entire map was needed in raids. imo saryn is strong but, easily replaceable in eso by frames like volt or equinox.

Just now, stormy505 said:

honestly, the ability to design a new frame and entirely reworking a frame are similar if not identical skills. (at least when designing ability's) also i was arguing saryn is a well designed frame. when something is "op" it means we must ALWAYS have one in a group. IE chroma in orbs or mirage when shutting down an entire map was needed in raids. imo saryn is strong but, easily replaceable in eso by frames like volt or equinox.

Volt and Equinox doesn't escalate that well, saryn does cuz of corrosive damage.

4 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

For those of you asking for a turret, it's not needed

Im going to have to disagree SOLELY because a turret for Vauban could potentially be nullifier proof kinda like the Xiphos turret (disabled in field active again outside would be nice though).....Also It be nice to be able to change what type it is by modding it a certain way (shotgun,pistol, or rifle mods with rifle being dedicated to snipeing)....Hey I can dream cant I! 

Just now, zen625 said:

Im going to have to disagree SOLELY because a turret for Vauban could potentially be nullifier proof kinda like the Xiphos turret (disabled in field active again outside would be nice though).....Also It be nice to be able to change what type it is by modding it a certain way (shotgun,pistol, or rifle mods with rifle being dedicated to snipeing)....Hey I can dream cant I! 

it was a joke .-.

6 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

ember

What?

32 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

Volt and Equinox doesn't escalate that well, saryn does cuz of corrosive damage.

EDIT: Are you just adding more examples of frames who have their ability damage fall off as missions scale? Pretty much every frame has a falloff point in their direct damage, except for Saryn (who is honestly pretty broken in that regard) and Gara (who is kept in check by Splinterstorm's tiny range).

BTW, while Ember does fall off, it's in the Lvl+100 area if you know what you're doing. If you're playing one-button hero on Ember, you're gonna be a lot less successful.

Edited by SenorClipClop

6 hours ago, -Sentient- said:

He said he works on reworks when he feels inspired to do it.

As sad I can be, I approve the reasons. I'd prefer solid rework than halfassed mish-mash of ideas that are held by finger-thick stitches.

3 hours ago, -Sentient- said:

Have you actually used Equinox in ESO?

I'm not optimistic towards Vauban's rework. DE rarely change a frame fundamentally not even Limbo and Excalibur who arguably got the most drastic rework. And Vanban is like fundamentally flawed from the root concept. He will end up like Nyx 2.0 at best, which is in a sense the same post rework.

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 hour ago, -Sentient- said:

or fire pablo

Now now...he's done some really nice UI work for Warframe. Just keep him doing what he does best and away from everything else...including social media.

I think that what DE really needs to do is hire someone that's dedicated to helping keep weapons and abilities balanced and fun while Steve and Scott concentrate on brainstorming and creating and improving content.

1 hour ago, -Sentient- said:

that you just don't know how to use him 

They really think minelayer is good .-.

White Knighting much? As has been said before, Minelayer is a needlessly convoluted mess that needs to be replaced with something that's simple, effective, and fits Vauban's theme as a combat engineer and tactician. 

With regard to Vortex, I realized that its "pull" range is all but useless in Open World scenarios and simply too restrictive in all but the most closed in areas. In addition to the 50 Radiation + 50 Magnetic DoTs I mentioned earlier, Vortex needs to have an AoE of at least 12 m (affected by Range mods of course) to be even remotely useful and competitive with other ults.

8 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Now now...he's done some really nice UI work for Warframe. Just keep him doing what he does best and away from everything else...including social media.

I think that what DE really needs to do is hire someone that's dedicated to helping keep weapons and abilities balanced and fun while Steve and Scott concentrate on brainstorming and creating and improving content.

White Knighting much? As has been said before, Minelayer is a needlessly convoluted mess that needs to be replaced with something that's simple, effective, and fits Vauban's theme as a combat engineer and tactician. 

With regard to Vortex, I realized that its "pull" range is all but useless in Open World scenarios and simply too restrictive in all but the most closed in areas. In addition to the 50 Radiation + 50 Magnetic DoTs I mentioned earlier, Vortex needs to have an AoE of at least 12 m (affected by Range mods of course) to be even remotely useful and competitive with other ults.

I Didn't said that, just a comment in the game by a peep.

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

I thought that was going to be, "DE needs to hire someone that's dedicated to PR" hehe.

Well, no matter how they change him, there are 2 facts about him that honestly need to change

1) He has 1 extremely underpowered "DPS turret" skill in Tesla

2) He has 6 CC skills (4x Minelayer, Bastille, Vortex) where basicly only 2 are useful (Bastille and Vortex), and even so, they are somewhat redundant to use together (basicly, pick 1 of those 2 skills, and that's more or less the entire usefulness of his kit....). Concuss (for its Radiation - which is nice at least to disable Ancients' auras) and Shred (for its armor-removal) are ALMOST workable complimentary skills, if it weren't for their completely impractical implementations.

He needs BIG changing so his kit is more diverse, with each ability being better defined in their respective roles, so the whole kit meshes better together. Having tons of non-complimentary CC is just not useful.

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

I think that what DE really needs to do is hire someone that's dedicated to helping keep weapons and abilities balanced and fun...

*clears throat* With guidance, of course. Please check our ongoing discussion in this thread to make your voice be heard - I value the input of all our members.

Edited by Mach25
  • Like 1