Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice - frame too squishy

zollnierz

Question

Hello,

I hope some of you guys will be able to give me advice as to how make my frame not get 2-3 shotted in Aten (Void) and beyond.

I'm playing with Excalibur and so far every was ok - under control. But in Aten (void) I am getting pummeled. Attaching mod screenshot. Tips and pointers appreciated.

wOpYcOn.jpg

17 answers to this question

Do you have any other frame? IDK about Excal and I don't think it's a good idea to invest any more forma on him hehe. I used Gara to get me through that, she can be tanky but some enemies can still one-hit me, so a frame like Excal that have 0 skill for defense and isn't tanky stat-wise will probably struggle on that part of the void 😕

Aten is "Tier 4" Void. All Void nodes accessed through Sedna have 200% damage bonus to all enemies in them. Survivability is therefore paramount.

Try Quick Thinking with Flow/Primed Flow for some extra survivability, or switch to frames with better survivability options, like Zephyr, Mesa or Gara.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Do you have any other frame? IDK about Excal and I don't think it's a good idea to invest any more forma on him hehe. I used Gara to get me through that, she can be tanky but some enemies can still one-hit me, so a frame like Excal that have 0 skill for defense and isn't tanky stat-wise will probably struggle on that part of the void 😕

I have Limbo, Rhino, Ember, Frost, Titania, Vauban, Volt build but not leveled at all

Chroma and Saryn will be built in 3-4 days

Edited by zollnierz

20 minutes ago, zollnierz said:

I have Limbo, Rhino, Ember, Frost, Titania, Vauban, Volt build but not leveled at all

Of the frames you have, Rhino and Frost are probably your best options. Build them for some armor and lots of ability strength. Still, try not to get hit too much, and watch the health on your Iron Skin and Snow Globe.

Edited by KnossosTNC
Sorry for so many edits. Posting and running Hieracon at the same time is not as easy as I thought!
  • Like 1

A) Max Armor. Armor triumphs over Shield at these levels (Health helps of course). So max that Steel Fibre and maybe thing about getting Armored Agility or Gladiator Aegis.

B) Never ever stop moving. Better even, never touch the ground 🙂 The enemies aren't great at aiming, and if you don't stand still, jump around a lot and only stand still, if you have cover, even a squishy Mag without Redirection and Vitality can survive quite some time on these levels(ok, I often use Vigor). For this to work, it helps taking a weapon that doesn't have much use for aiming (think Ignis, Moon-Catcher or a shotgun with much spread like the Kohm or Arca Plasmor).

Fortitude, Handspring  are not very usefull to be tanky.

Better try a Rage (or Hunter Adrenaline)/Quick thinking combo.

Armored Agility will de nice too because this mod boost the armor AND the mobility (very important to move a lot to be a hard target).

Révélation

If you want one one i have a spare Armored Agility. Pm me ig.

Drop the Redirection and try to max your Steel Fiber  and Vitality.

Too bad that you format your aura to D because it's not the most usufull polarity.

But dont reformat because you will receive Excalibur Umbra when you finish yours quests.

What sentinel you use ?

A well modded sentinel with Medi-Ray, Guardian (better that Shield Charger) and maybe Synth-Deconstruct, Sanctuary will greatly boost your survavibility.

A Djinn with Reawaken, Regen ang Self-sacrifice is a nice combo too.

To summarize :

Shield at high levels is not very usefull.

You need armor for damage reduction and health to not be OS.

You need a way to regen HP.

You need mobility (the shots that not hit dont deal dmg).

Aten was the Interception node, or was it the last Void Sabotage node? Don't quite remember.

Anyways you either cc with Excalibur's Radial Blind and parkour to not get hit or bring the proper frame to the game mode, Limbo, Frost are good and if you want absolute ez mod, Rhino and Saryn can trivialize it, you just need to deal with the Nullifiers.

If it's the Sabotage node, Banshee can run without being hit with Silence activated and oneshot the minibosses at the end through the Sonar weakspots. (if you don't yet have the mods for it, you can just stack them with recasts)

Survivability is not needed if you know how to properly use your abilities and after a while you will notice this is the only way to keep the game interesting as the game gets easier with more powerful items obtained.

I think you probably don't use Excalibur as he should be used.

I would only put a Vitality on him, Streamline, Fleeting expertise., range and duration (optimize it) the rest should be strength, so you can spam your 2nd ability (Radial blind) If they can't hit you, you won't take damage. Excal isn't a tank, he is a hit and run melee warrior.

Put on the Rage or Hunter Adrenaline so when/if you run out of energy and take damage can use Radial blind again. Equip your melee with Life Strike. Now you have an infinite health pool and can't really die. Radial Blinded enemies are opened up for finishers, so you can one hit heavily armored enemies. But be aware that Radial blind only affects enemies in line of sight. In higher levels CC > Damage.   

Maybe the only warframes worth to put on Steel Fiber are Inaros, Nidus and Valkyre (but a duration/efficiency/Flow build Valkyre doesn't need it, as it will be invulnerable most of the times) 

Shields are quit unnecessary to build for any warframe yet in my opinion. 

Here is an example: 

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_0400020300_2-1-10-4-2-5-5-6-5-8-8-5-14-5-5-27-9-3-55-7-5-59-4-3-857-3-5-859-0-5_859-7-2-6-4-9-857-7-59-9-14-5-5-9-55-6-8-7-27-9_0/en/1-0-5

I would use this on Excal if I would have a problem with survivability. 

But I usually go with Chromatic blade build, and use another tactic: If the enemy is all dead they can't damage you. :) 

Edited by Shikkoku

20 hours ago, zollnierz said:

Aten is a mobil defense mission, bring limbo or frost for that. 

For the different mission types I like to use these warframes:

Defense and Mobil Defense: Limbo, Frost 

Interception: Saryn, Volt (Chroma if solo), Equinox 

Capture: Loki, Volt, Rhino (with Arcane Vanguard helmet)

Spy: Loki, Ivara

Survival: Nekros

Excavation: Frost 

Exterminate: Ember, Equinox

Sabotage: Loki, Volt

Hijack: Trinity, Nidus

Rescue: Limbo, Ivara

I would not invest too much into Excal since there's an upgrade option later which is considerably more durable.

There are a few tricks with Excal besides the CC of his Blind which is very important for reducing damage but also for doing considerably more melee damage. Excal is a swordsman. He does melee. When in Exalted Blade form he will auto-parry all attacks at 180 degrees in front of you. This gives him 60% damage reduction to all attacks from the front. Obviously attacks in the back are a bad thing. Even when not in Exalted Blade make use of melee blocking which does the same thing.

Combine Blind and Parry / Block will greatly improve your survival and use Blind to not only prompt melee execute attack but also do 8x melee damage in general. It's a huge damage output buff for melee attacks. I don't want to get too deep into how he's built because the upgrade I mentioned very much mods defensively because by that point you'll prolly have noticed Exalted blade does bonkers damage.

My Excal is pretty min/maxed and uses one Power Strength mod and an augment. Excal isn't a frame you need to build offensively he also makes half decent use of shield thanks to his auto-parry and melee blocking but there will come a point you won't have room. Shields are still strong but only for very specific frames.