Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

who is Nora Night?

yi-ma

Lotus: Protects and guides the Tenno through thick and thin, betraying her family and maybe even her species for the sake of love. Has many missteps and faults but demonstrates pure intentions frequently. Leaves due to unknown reasons possibly related to her own mental well-being or as part of a plot to once again save us - or some mixture of the above. Reviled by much of the community.

Nora Night: Appears one day knowing secrets that she absolutely should not know indicating that she's been spying on us, gives speeches composed entirely of rhetoric and not actual reason and makes reference to the Man in the Wall (Knockity knock and Rap Tap Tap). Community immediately latches on and declares her new mother.

This is why the Lotus left us.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Lotus: Protects and guides the Tenno through thick and thin, betraying her family and maybe even her species for the sake of love. Has many missteps and faults but demonstrates pure intentions frequently. Leaves due to unknown reasons possibly related to her own mental well-being or as part of a plot to once again save us - or some mixture of the above. Reviled by much of the community.

Nora Night: Appears one day knowing secrets that she absolutely should not know indicating that she's been spying on us, gives speeches composed entirely of rhetoric and not actual reason and makes reference to the Man in the Wall (Knockity knock and Rap Tap Tap). Community immediately latches on and declares her new mother.

Yeh, I feel yah bruv 😞

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Correlation != Causation

As you say, Lotus left us due to unknown reasons. It did not help her case that she regressed back into an enemy faction, and seemingly apathetically stood back and watched as a Sentient attacked us at the end of the Sacrifice questline. However, as the community seeks the loving embrace of Nora Night’s sexy R&B radio broadcast voice, this is just a reaction in filling the empty space that Space Mom Lotus left to us when she independently abandoned her children.

Siding with Nora Night is not why the Lotus left us. Lotus left us because she’s a cruel ***** that went and did her own thing, and we’re starting to grow up, learn the adult ways of pettiness, and seeking our undue child support and entitlements from the universal guardian of the Tenno in the name of civil Steel Meridian court justice.

edit: We need Judge Judy.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Correlation != Causation

As you say, Lotus left us due to unknown reasons. It did not help her case that she regressed back into an enemy faction, and seemingly apathetically stood back and watched as a Sentient attacked us at the end of the Sacrifice questline. However, as the community seeks the loving embrace of Nora Night’s sexy R&B radio broadcast voice, this is just a reaction in filling the empty space that Space Mom Lotus left to us when she independently abandoned her children.

Siding with Nora Night is not why the Lotus left us. Lotus left us because she’s a cruel ***** that went and did her own thing, and we’re starting to grow up, learn the adult ways of pettiness, and seeking our undue child support and entitlements from the universal guardian of the Tenno in the name of civil Steel Meridian court justice.

edit: We need Judge Judy.

You get that I was joking when I said "This is why Lotus left us", right? It was a joke to emphasise my point.

• Like 2

On 2019-02-16 at 7:11 PM, Loza03 said:

I too, am not ready to abandon the Lotus. Her absence is unexplained, and I will not turn my back on her as she has never turned her back on me. 

I also am keeping Nora at arms length. "You're not my real space-mom!!!!"

• Like 3

On 2019-02-17 at 9:54 PM, UnkleG said:

I too, am not ready to abandon the Lotus. Her absence is unexplained, and I will not turn my back on her as she has never turned her back on me. 

I also am keeping Nora at arms length. "You're not my real space-mom!!!!"

tumblr_p1cvwg05JC1ua0g4mo8_400.gif

tumblr_p1c1fhEKpl1w91ee4o3_500.gif

The naivete, the denial of it all. It only fuels my bloodlust to cut. Her. Down.

NOOOOOORRRRRAAAAA!!!

Who is she ?

Many possibilities...

She adopt the opposite attitude of Lotus. Lotus keep us in ignorance (the fog) and use us.

Nora want (or pretend this way) that we face the truth and make our owns decisions (live/die, do good or bad but in full conciouncious).

Nora seems very informed about our secrets :

The dreams after 10-0 incident, the experimentations of orokin, the betrayal and slaughter of orokins etc.

Did she discovered all of this or did she assisted the events in person ?

One possibilities is that Nora is Margullis.

Maybe she find a way to survive (with or without Ballas help) or maybe she is freed by Lotus departure.

Margullis was killed by Jade Light and Jade Light probably turn the victims to cephalons (records of the victim's personnality in a sort of IA construct that orokin can manipulate at will).

Lotus = Natah+the Helmet.

Now that Natah is gone what about the helmet we keep so preciously ?

Still it hold the Margullis personality ?

Is it connected to the orbiter ?

It still have some connection with the void because he throw us to the Wicked Ballas lair...

But maybe Nora isn't at all Margullis.

Maybe some Void ( or Tennos unconcioussness) manifestation like MitW ?

She talk about the Void, the dreams and even use a sort of "knock knock" expression... ( knockity-knock )

A female (and maybe opposite) version of the Man ?

Another possibility it's that Nora is a truly new protagonist.

Maybe the mother of a tenno who survive the zariman incident. A sort of adult tenno who never go to sleep...

Or a orokin who participate and follow all the history of tennos from the beginning.

Or maybe a tenno who dont be put asleep (like Harrow but without the autistic troubles and the struggle with MitW) and grow up adult.

"We're all of us a kinda family out here, ain't we? All of us." she said...

Or maybe not so adult. The OP say: " we need a new mother. "

I dont really agree. Tennos grow up. Me probably more need a girlfriend (or a sort of partner) that a mommy. 😛

A new syndicate is another theory, possibly a very ancient and hidden  organisation from the orokin era.

And the link between the "frosty edged sword" and the "Ballas gift" anti-sentient sword ?

Many questions, few answers. 🙂

Finally why Nora Night ?

Nora name come from Honor but also from a arabic word meaning "light".

Nora Night.

A beacon, a lighthouse in the night ?

Edited by SgtHotPepper
  • Like 1

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet,” may not hold so true for a Lotus. Not too familiar with that scent. Don’t really know if there’s any special metaphorical or semiotic significance to a “black lotus” in botanical terms, mysticism, magic or alchemy. That the Nora Night presentation is directly modeled of of, or mirroring   performance as the [nameless] DJ in The Warriors is sort of an automatic “no-brainer” to pick up on. That the role of the DJ in The Warriors essentially served in pretty much all of the same vital capacities as the “chorus” in Ancient Greek Tragedy as novel Cinematic Device used by Walter Hill to help cross-inform the audience and the characters (actors) in the movie, by somehow being connected in with everything that was happening, and giving cryptic updates from some unknown radio station across the airwaves is just coincidental (in being pretty well descriptive of the Lotus’ M.O.) 

As for who played the DJ/“Radio Personality,”

That can easily be looked up in a google search.

Cherlynne Theresa "Lynne" Thigpen (December 22, 1948 – March 12, 2003) was an American actress, best known for her role as "The Chief" of ACME in the various Carmen Sandiego television series and computer games from 1991 to 1997.
Born: Cherlynne Theresa Thigpen; December 22, 1948; Joliet, Illinois, US
Television: The Chief in Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?
Other names: Lynne Richmond
Awards: 1992 Obie Award – (Boesman and Lena); 1997 Tony Award for Best Featur...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynne_Thigpen

And any similarities between the simple Plot Synopsis from The Warriors and a simple Lore Synopsis of the Tenno in Warframe is also just sheer coincidence.

In the near future, a charismatic leader summons the street gangs of New York City in a bid to take it over. When he is killed, The Warriors are falsely blamed and now must fight their way home while every other gang is hunting them down.

In the ... [future] a charismatic leadership summons the _______ of the Origin System in a bid to take it over. When the Orokin are killed, The Tenno are falsely blamed and must fight their way to Earth, then to Lua, while every other _____  is hunting them down, and calling them the betrayers. 

Nah ... that’d be ridiculous.

It's official: I trust her even less now.

We're capturing Grineer inmates. Enemies of the Grineer. Without any reason as to why they were in there to begin with. Considering that they're willing to make the most violent of them into Rathuum executioners or the Grustrag, it's likely they aren't there for being too dangerous for the Grineer. And we know deserters and such usually get the death penalty and get replaced by a clone.

So that means that these guys have some reason to be kept alive, especially kept as secret as they were. Nora mentions that they're being set to making weapons. And wouldn't you know it, the Wolf has a hammer with special abilities. Could be that the weapons in question are such extra-powerful weapons.

And we're capturing them, not killing. For whom? I doubt we're sending them back without official Grineer sanction. Especially since the Enemy of our Enemy has traditionally been our friends. So who are we sending them to?

My bet? Nora. Nora's an unknown. Lotus was on our side for years, fighting for us, protecting us from Hunhow. Nora, on the other hand, has no such credentials. And if she wants weapons? Well, she just pays off the Tenno for craftsmen, spouting about how she's 'fighting the good fight'.

• Like 1