Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

On 2019-02-27 at 4:22 PM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Soo...... Nitain Alert? No more 4 Nitain Extracts per day?

I sure don't see any Nitain in Nora's rewards listing.

Nitain can be purchased with wolf credits now. 15 wolf credits for 5 nitain. much faster than the old system

On 2019-02-28 at 8:31 PM, Silescere said:

300k standing in 10 weeks as a newb. Whelp, thanks. I mean, don't get me wrong, did some invasions if the reward was something I looked for, did some Cetus bounties once in a while, but nothing with any pressure on getting stuff done "effectively", but rather on the fly, while unlocking the solar system one node at a time, raising a Kubrow, go after the story...
Some stuff is just done either way, so I will get standing for that. The problem is the creds and now the "list of work" that I can't fulfill. Or simply don't want to. I got time schedules that I neatly need to plan out enough rl. Not blaming anyone, that is my personal issue and my choices. Might also be that this new system is helping many and is too easy to complete for others. I can only speak for myself.
Assuming that the amount of challenges roughly stays the same, me lazy bum (or me tired blip or afk-lowlifer) will be able to get 1k a day (or apparently sometimes 2k) and 12-14k in addition weekly. Roundabout.
That'd mean in 10 weeks I should have 70k standing from dailies and 120-140k from weekly challenges. In the end, 190k to 210k and 250 Wolf Creds. Calculating with me skipping a few things.
Well, enough for a potato or at least some cosmetics I like. IF I don't go on a trip, have an accident or something else that keeps me from playing. Sure, I would have missed alerts in that time periods, too. Thing is, they'd rotate back in at some point and since there was no such thing as standing and ranks n rewards I could have missed out on, offline time sometimes felt punishing, but only for a few minutes or so.
Just thinking out loud.

P.S. Have yet to get to The War Within and only recently unlocked Neptune. On a side note

MR 19 here

I just did the math, If i'm lucky i'll get 240K standing within 10 weeks. I play mornings and nights, I live with my sister, so can't play too much during the day, due to the noise my keyboard makes. Not mechanical but a little noisy, especially the space bar. In the 4 days, i could only muster 24 K since nobody in my clan wanted to do sortie at noon and 200 kills with heat damage is just outright stupid. Also i only got 1 ayatan, 1 AYATAN this week, in all my missions (that was a sortie reward today). Saving it for 5 to eventually get that achievement, if it hits again. I have not tried the tridolons yet and feel i'm not ready, tried to get a partner for sortie couldn't, so F it i did it in pubs, where i always do.

I've already realized the futility of trying for the umbral forma (level 29) no way i'll make it. I hit 24K standing times 10 is 240K standing, that is level 24 so i know i can't get them. I'm good with it, this game is like everything else, I'll play till i can't progress, then it'll be put on the list of uninstalled games. Where i hit a wall and can go no further. There needs to be some tuning, Like whether you do it in a friend group, clan group, Pub or solo, you get the credit. 

They force the clan/friend aspect i know people that will walk away, if they feel they can't progress alone

33 minutes ago, BenaBean said:

Nitain can be purchased with wolf credits now. 15 wolf credits for 5 nitain. much faster than the old system

Only faster if the player can get a constant stream of Wolf Creds, which are only from the tier rewards system. A veteran or at least a player with the starchart unlocked, will be able to do most of the challenges but compare a 4 per day system to the cost of days for the wolf creds to buy the same quantity of nitain. It is actually less beneficial for newer players than the old alerts if one considers them being able to actually hit the randomly spaced nitain alerts.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Only faster if the player can get a constant stream of Wolf Creds, which are only from the tier rewards system. A veteran or at least a player with the starchart unlocked, will be able to do most of the challenges but compare a 4 per day system to the cost of days for the wolf creds to buy the same quantity of nitain. It is actually less beneficial for newer players than the old alerts if one considers them being able to actually hit the randomly spaced nitain alerts.

Of which the first Wcreds come at level 3 or 30K standing, i only got 24 k this round, so can't even get the first Wcreds. If they don't adjust some things, nobody will care

18 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

Of which the first Wcreds come at level 3 or 30K standing, i only got 24 k this round, so can't even get the first Wcreds. If they don't adjust some things, nobody will care

It's been in the game for 4 days. You need to chill. It does not reset your stats every week, so you can get the credits next week. 

22 minutes ago, Urlan said:

You can get 50 wolf credits at the third tier, which even if you do not get on the first week, you will definitely get it before the 10 weeks are up. Getting 15 nitain for your work is much better than waiting for the 4 random nitain alerts that used to happen per day

56 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

I'll stand corrected, did not know it was 50 creds, sorry. The way this feels, i expected it to be like 5 creds. never thought to read it. I figured it was as rigged a grind, as the umbral forma

Are the seasoned Vets actually reading the posts?

If a player only has a few hours to play (because they have a life) this is unfair to them. Yes, reread that. I said unfair to them. To them. And please don't say that they should quit. We could easily throw that right back at you.

It's made to where you have to play Nightwave in order to obtain some items you need. AND THAT'S a problem. What once was a reward for signing on and getting sucked into the game has suddenly become "if you don't play this part of the game then too bad for you."

What if I miss a day or two? What if I need to fish? There's a lot of reasons why this Time Consuming part of the game is a problem.

"Time Consuming?" You say. I can do that in two hours.

Well Aren't you the one!

Did you actually read the reasons we have a problem with this??

Sure, you don't have to play it but if you don't, well, you're not going to get the wolf credits and so on and so on.

This is a change we didn't see coming. Nightwave is very cool but it needs to be balanced, better rewards in  shorter time. I need to mine, fish, rank up my Archwing. And, if I need the rewards AND I have a time constraint, What the H**L! I don't have the time now to do the things I needed. Did you see the word "AND?"

Ok, Don't bring the Alerts back. A lot of us are ok with that. Now what? You need something to make your fellow TENNO come back and get sucked in not dread playing a certain part of the game.

Oh, you say, if he doesn't want to play then don't come back! You forget your place. That's just arrogance!

What was that the YouTuber said? Oh yeah, "Shut up or leave. Preferably both." Apparently if we don't agree with him "His Majesty" wants you gone. I don't think DE would kick Every unhappy player. Heck that YouTuber was probably one of the first to complain when something got "Nerfed."

And what about Warframes and weapons that got Nerfed. You complained about them. Some players said "What's your deal? I don't have a problem with that." Did you shut up or leave?

I don't live in my mom's basement! Good grief man!

We LOVE WARFRAME AND NIGHTWAVE IS REALLY COOL and we have been saying that from the beginning. Some of us have been playing for quite some time but we see a problem with this. Take a step back and try to see this from a different perspective.

Stop bragging about your achievements and actually help your fellow TENNO.

Show some compassion and help not hinder or drive your fellow TENNO away.

This just needs some kind of balance.

There. I said it. This WHOLE forum can be summed up in that one word. Regardless of all the things that were said.

BALANCE

2 hours ago, BenaBean said:

Actually, that's factually incorrect... You can at best get 15 Nitains per week, and that's forgoing every other item possible and just going for nitains... In the old system they had 4 daily Nitain Alerts. Even if you didn't get all the daily ones, you could still easily get 10-20 in a week if you're really looking for them. So it's not faster than the old system by any metric.

And to get even to the old numbers you can't get any helmets or auras, or skins and focus only on Nitain. That's a downgrade.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Are the seasoned Vets actually reading the posts?

Yes, and most are actually defending new players, and honestly as soon as anyone starts looking past the new bling and starts looking at the system as a permanent fixture, they'll see its flaws.
Problem is those youtubers a lot of times are thinking this as an event or a tactical alert, something that goes away, and not really understanding this as a permanent system.

As soon as you see this for what it is, you realize it's a downgrade from the old system.

I hope the challenges change every week cause most of them were things I don't even want to do. 

I'd like some changes:

• Sortie with friends/clan. Should be just sortie
  • 8 cetus bounties are too many, especially for players that have max the standing/ not having anything to gain from them. It should count all the stages in a bountie instead
  • Kill a Hydrolyst was by far the worst. I always skipped the Eidolons so was really dissapointed seeing this. At least make it just Teralyst.
  • The 3 prisoners? that randomly spawn should give credits instead of the low 50 rep.
  • 9 invasions is also worthless for people that have everything. Except if there is a catalyst/reactor/forma reward. Make them 3 max

8 minutes ago, saitohgr said:

I hope the challenges change every week cause most of them were things I don't even want to do. 

I'd like some changes:

• 8 cetus bounties are too many, especially for players that have max the standing/ not having anything to gain from them. It should count all the stages in a bountie instead
  • Kill a Hydrolyst was by far the worst. I always skipped the Eidolons so was really dissapointed seeing this. At least make it just Teralyst.
  • The 3 prisoners? that randomly spawn should give credits instead of the low 50 rep.
  • 9 invasions is also worthless for people that have everything. Except if there is a catalyst/reactor/forma reward. Make them 3 max

Yes! I couldn't agree with you more! We had a choice before. If there was a mission we didn't like or want to do we could just pick and choose.

just bring back alerts and make it one of the challenges for nigtwave daily do 3 alerts or weekly do 10 0r 20 alerts for standing you keep the weapons and mods for wolf cred shop the items like nitan extract 1 for an alert or use your creds to get 5 in the shop boom i just fixed a problem for you

15 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

just bring back alerts and make it one of the challenges for nigtwave daily do 3 alerts or weekly do 10 0r 20 alerts for standing you keep the weapons and mods for wolf cred shop the items like nitan extract 1 for an alert or use your creds to get 5 in the shop boom i just fixed a problem for you

Yes, see how easy that was. I'm glad we're reading the same book. Lol

52 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Actually, that's factually incorrect... You can at best get 15 Nitains per week, and that's forgoing every other item possible and just going for nitains... In the old system they had 4 daily Nitain Alerts. Even if you didn't get all the daily ones, you could still easily get 10-20 in a week if you're really looking for them. So it's not faster than the old system by any metric.

And to get even to the old numbers you can't get any helmets or auras, or skins and focus only on Nitain. That's a downgrade.

I get what you are saying but in hindsight it really is not a downgrade. With how nightwave is currently laid out, yeah you can only get 15 nitain per week. Steve has said many times that Wolf Credits will be added more frequently to the game, and every tier above 30 will give wolf credits out. They might even make the fugitive squads you capture worth credits like I suggested. However that is a huge amount for quite little effort overall. I had many friends who waited all day for nitain alerts trying to get saryn prime and spent weeks doing it. This was even during summer breaks and whatnot so I really do not understand how everyone is saying nitain was so easy to get. People always used to whine about how annoying nitain was to get and now you can get FIFTEEN of them by doing 10 challenges. 

1 minute ago, BenaBean said:

I get what you are saying but in hindsight it really is not a downgrade. With how nightwave is currently laid out, yeah you can only get 15 nitain per week. Steve has said many times that Wolf Credits will be added more frequently to the game, and every tier above 30 will give wolf credits out. They might even make the fugitive squads you capture worth credits like I suggested. However that is a huge amount for quite little effort overall. I had many friends who waited all day for nitain alerts trying to get saryn prime and spent weeks doing it. This was even during summer breaks and whatnot so I really do not understand how everyone is saying nitain was so easy to get. People always used to whine about how annoying nitain was to get and now you can get FIFTEEN of them by doing 10 challenges. 

I really didn't have a problem getting Nitain. I've built everything I can barring vaulted ones and I have 23 in my inventory. Wukong was the worst. Still, that was me. Our situations differ and you can have a devil of a time getting them.

A solution for Nitain would have been to raise the number of times they show up or make the Nitain Alets last 4  hours each.

this whole nightwave thing really benefits the day one players and anyone who been playing since the early days this hurts newer players and anyone who start the game now your going to drive alot of players away who pick up and play little at a time terrible mistake on their end for sure why copy something that a game like fortnite is doing which really needs something like a battle pass Warframe didnt need it you literally broke the game for newer players as well as the players who dont have all day to play how about bring the alerts back and call it a day its that simple

On 2019-03-03 at 10:37 PM, saitohgr said:

I'd like some changes:

1) Honestly, i don't get the complaint about the sortie with friends or clans people... That's a crappy complaint... Seriously complaining about grouping in a MMO is not awesome... You have a week to get a friend online and do the sortie with him... If you don't have a friend that plays, use that as a chance to make some... Seriously that's just messed up.

2) Agreed, it's too many bounties. It should be 8 bounty stages, that way instead of just pushing people to rush the easy ones like most of us did, it would incentivize doing the higher ones instead.

3) God yes. But then again, that was my first Hydrolyst as well... So it kind of worked like a push to get it done, what i felt is that 5k is too little reward.

4) Agreed. Also think there should be special "Alert" missions with some VO that expands the story with guaranteed spawns for the prisioners. The mission would reward rep, the prisioners would give creds. Also after capturing X prisioners (as in repeating those missions a few times) you'd get a guaranteed visit from the Wolf himself. It would actually replace alerts, by giving us a "gathering place" and would help mitigate the crappy RNG.

5) Well, i still needed mutagen masses, and there was that Exlius/catalyst Invasion (missed the Reactor/Forma one) which helped further it. And all in all it ends up being 3 invasions, since you have to repeat it 3 times. Honestly that one didn't feel too bad.

What i think should change is:

• more daily Acts (although they do stack if you don't complete the previous day, which is pretty cool), but still more daily missions. Ideally 3 per day.

• Weeklies also could use some changes, imo:
    • Like, the sortie wasn't an elite one in no way, but the Hydrolyst was and should have a 10k.
    • Ayatan one was a bit much... I mean i know arbitration gives those, but forcing players to do arbitrations for the ayatans doesn't make up for the fact that arbitrations are still unappealing content. In that sense, i think the fairest number would be one Ayatan. It would mean a player has to do the Maroo weekly, and spend the stars, but wouldn't force them to rely on RNG or content they don't have available, or don't find appealing.
    • In that regard i'd say have a single Weekly "Master" Challenge for 10k. Put Hydrolysts, Profit taker, and the next bosses in that, same with the 60 minute stuff (although it should be 30m at most). Put a Teralyst one on the elite ones.
    • Keep 7 weeklies and 3 elites plus the 1 master.

• Remove the cred tier rewards, and replace them with some cosmetics (the decoration being sold by creds would be a good one for tier 3) and an Exilus Adapter, and instead give a number of creds for Acts. Daily Acts would give 3 creds, weekly acts would give 5, Elites would give 10, and the Master would give 15. Either that, or give 15 creds per tier up. It would result in a bit more creds overall, but that is a good thing. I mean current system is already reducing availability of resources like Nitain. Also with more creds available, it makes it less problematic that they disappear, because that would give players a better chance of obtaining all resources.

• Make prisioners give creds instead of standing. The Wolf should give both.

• I've said this a few times, but, Nightwaves do a great job of replacing Affinity Challenges, but do a very poor job at replacing Alerts. I mean, they replace part of the rewards, but not all, also they do not replace the "hub" quality that Alerts have, in that they worked as a way to always have people doing the same objective as you in missions. Also it served as a guide and a reason to play. Lack of alerts results in less reasons to stay online.
    To solve the poor replacement for alerts i'd do two different things:

• Add Nightwave Alerts. These would be random hourly missions that would have a 100% chance of spawning Prisioners (or their equivalent for future missions). Like i said, if a player in these missions has captured a number of prisioners in that day (6-9 would be my ballpark, which would mean 2-3hours interval) then it would increase the chance of spawning the Wolf. Also, the more the aggregated number of prisioners captured by members of a group, the higher the chance the Wolf would spawn.
      The final reward on those missions would be Standing (100 - 500), which would compensate the loss of standing from capturing on random missions (random pop-ups of prisioners and the Wolf outside these missions should continue, of course).

• Add "Contracts". These would be similar to bounties, except they'd work on the solar map.
      You'd have one per syndicate, plus one per extra rank you have with that syndicate. If you have a negative rank with a syndicate you don't get their bounties. These would reset every 6 hours.
      These missions wouldn't give standing by default, but instead would give credits, a minor affinity boost (to make up for the loss of the challenge affinity) and you'd get a choice of a reward between the resources that were awarded by old Alerts (one random resource) or Syndicate standing (a small amount). Other rewards could also be added by DE, but not to add too much to the pot, i'd add only these.

• MAKE KILLS SHARED!!! Especially for Eximus kills. Not doing this discourages coop!!

• This might be because it's early, but maybe a bit more lore, even in text form would help.

• Your UI is great looking, but the User Experience is lacking. For Nightwaves, i'd change:
    • the button's location on navigation to sit inside the Alerts Tab,
    • On the Escape Menu it's ok where it is... It would also make it better if it didn't show up then disappear when you Tab in missions.
    • Add a Timer for the Series on the title bar.
    • Add a Info Button that warns players about the "extra activities" like the Wolf and Prisioner spawns. This serves the double purpose of making players aware and be prepared for those events in-mission, and to incentivize them to play more with the knowledge that those things exist.

That's all i can think of atm.

On 2019-03-03 at 11:15 PM, BenaBean said:

The previous system guaranteed 4 Nitain Alerts per day. So if your friends waited all day they'd get at least 2 per day. It wasn't easy to get, it was easier to get than how it is now. Plus you had resources like the Warframe App, and sites like Deathsnacks and tenno.tools which have Desktop Notifications for when Alerts would pop in.

Just now, ReaverKane said:

1) Honestly, i don't get the complaint about the sortie with friends or clans people... That's a crappy complaint... Seriously complaining about grouping in a MMO is not awesome... You have a week to get a friend online and do the sortie with him... If you don't have a friend that plays, use that as a chance to make some... Seriously that's just messed up.

2) Agreed, it's too many bounties. It should be 8 bounty stages, that way instead of just pushing people to rush the easy ones like most of us did, it would incentivize doing the higher ones instead.

3) God yes. But then again, that was my first Hydrolyst as well... So it kind of worked like a push to get it done, what i felt is that 5k is too little reward.

4) Agreed. Also think there should be special "Alert" missions with some VO that expands the story with guaranteed spawns for the prisioners. The mission would reward rep, the prisioners would give creds. Also after capturing X prisioners (as in repeating those missions a few times) you'd get a guaranteed visit from the Wolf himself. It would actually replace alerts, by giving us a "gathering place" and would help mitigate the crappy RNG.

5) Well, i still needed mutagen masses, and there was that Exlius/catalyst Invasion (missed the Reactor/Forma one) which helped further it. And all in all it ends up being 3 invasions, since you have to repeat it 3 times. Honestly that one didn't feel too bad.

• more daily Acts (although they do stack if you don't complete the previous day, which is pretty cool), but still more daily missions. Ideally 3 per day.

• Like, the sortie wasn't an elite one in no way, but the Hydrolyst was and should have a 10k.
    • In that regard i'd say have a single Weekly "Master" Challenge for 10k. Put Hydrolysts, Profit taker, and the next bosses in that. Put a Teralyst one on the elite ones.

• Remove the cred tier rewards, and replace them with some cosmetics (the decoration being sold by creds would be a good one for tier 3) and an Exilus Adapter, and instead give a number of creds for Acts. Daily Acts would give 3 creds, weekly acts would give 5, Elites would give 10, and the Master would give 15. Either that, or give 15 creds per tier up. It would result in a bit more creds overall, but that is a good thing. I mean current system is already reducing availability of resources like Nitain. Also with more creds available, it makes it less problematic that they disappear, because that would give players a better chance of obtaining all resources.

• I've said this a few times, but, Nightwaves do a great job of replacing Affinity Challenges, but do a very poor job at replacing Alerts. I mean, they replace part of the rewards, but not all, also they do not replace the "hub" quality that Alerts have, in that they worked as a way to always have people doing the same objective as you in missions. Also it served as a guide and a reason to play. Lack of alerts results in less reasons to stay online.

• Add Nightwave Alerts. These would be random hourly missions that would have a 100% chance of spawning Prisioners (or their equivalent for future missions). Like i said, if a player in these missions has captured a number of prisioners in that day (6-9 would be my ballpark, which would mean 2-3hours interval) then it would increase the chance of spawning the Wolf. Also, the more the aggregated number of prisioners captured by members of a group, the higher the chance the Wolf would spawn.
      The final reward on those missions would be Standing (100 - 500), which would compensate the loss of standing from capturing on random missions (random pop-ups outside these missions should continue, of course).

• Add "Contracts". These would be similar to bounties, except they'd work on the solar map.
      You'd have one per syndicate, plus one per extra rank you have with that syndicate. If you have a negative rank with a syndicate you don't get their bounties. These would reset every 6 hours.
      These missions wouldn't give standing by default, but instead would give credits, a minor affinity boost (to make up for the loss of the challenge affinity) and you'd get a choice of a reward between the resources that were awarded by old Alerts (one random resource) or Syndicate standing (a small amount). Other rewards could also be added by DE, but not to add too much to the pot, i'd add only these.

• MAKE KILLS SHARED!!! Especially for Eximus kills. Not doing this discourages coop!!

• This might be because it's early, but maybe a bit more lore, even in text form would help.

• Your UI is great looking, but the User Experience is lacking. For Nightwaves, i'd change:
    • On the Escape Menu it's ok where it is... It would also make it better if it didn't show up the disappear when you Tab in missions.
    • Add a Info Button that warns players about the "extra activities" like the Wolf and Prisioner spawns. This serves the double purpose of making players aware and be prepared for those events in-mission, and to incentivize them to play more with the knowledge that those things exist.

The previous system guaranteed 4 Nitain Alerts per day. So if your friends waited all day they'd get at least 2 per day. It wasn't easy to get, it was easier to get than how it is now. Plus you had resources like the Warframe App, and sites like Deathsnacks and tenno.tools which have Desktop Notifications for when Alerts would pop in.

I still do not get your point. Now after 10 challenges you can get 15 nitain. 2 Nitains a day would take at least a week to get the same amount. How is the new system harder?

5 minutes ago, BenaBean said:

I still do not get your point. Now after 10 challenges you can get 15 nitain. 2 Nitains a day would take at least a week to get the same amount. How is the new system harder?

You could get 4 Nitain a day. 2 is the bare minimum if you're playing all day. Also, those Nitain alerts were usually fairly easy, to do the 10 challenges you need to do stuff like capture a Hydrolyst or sorties, which is actually content that is locked behind story progress.

Also, to get those 15 Nitains a week, you have to forego all the other credit rewards, which would be stuff you'd be easily getting from Alerts in 5 minutes every day as well.

What you have is less opportunities to get stuff, because they're still not all available, you have to forego some rewards to get others, which didn't happen in the old system, and what's worse, for stuff like resources (not Nitains) and Nightmare mods, now you have to rely on RNG, while before you could just wait for that Alert to pop up. It might take longer, but was a better use of your time, since you could do other stuff, and just wait for the Alerts. Now if you want a specific Nightmare mod, you have to grind all the alerts and pray to RNGesus.

25 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

• Ayatan one was a bit much... I mean i know arbitration gives those, but forcing players to do arbitrations for the ayatans doesn't make up for the fact that arbitrations are still unappealing content. In that sense, i think the fairest number would be one Ayatan. It would mean a player has to do the Maroo weekly, and spend the stars, but wouldn't force them to rely on RNG or content they don't have available, or don't find appealing.
    • In that regard i'd say have a single Weekly "Master" Challenge for 10k. Put Hydrolysts, Profit taker, and the next bosses in that. Put a Teralyst one on the elite ones.

The final reward on those missions would be Standing (100 - 500), which would compensate the loss of standing from capturing on random missions (random pop-ups outside these missions should continue, of course).

• On the Escape Menu it's ok where it is... It would also make it better if it didn't show up the disappear when you Tab in missions.

those actually very good points and nice suggestions.

minus the sortie clan/friend you mentioned there.

some people play solo, let's not forget that.

that's their choice, there is no need for the game or anyone to tell them how they wanna play.

it should be set up as 'do a sortie', if some people wanna do it with a friend, or solo, or whatever, they can do so.

also, what i always say, nightwaves, should not have replaced the alerts.

they should co-exist.

nightwaves should be the daily/weekly challenges, well, coz quite frankly, that's what they are anyway, but a bit more new player friendly.

and alerts should be as they previously were, but a bit more frequently poped up.

other than that, i like everything else you said, suggested and so forth up there.

Just now, No1Eye said:

those actually very good points and nice suggestions.

minus the sortie clan/friend you mentioned there.

some people play solo, let's not forget that.

that's their choice, there is no need for the game or anyone to tell them how they wanna play.

it should be set up as 'do a sortie', if some people wanna do it with a friend, or solo, or whatever, they can do so.

also, what i always say, nightwaves, should not have replaced the alerts.

they should co-exist.

nightwaves should be the daily/weekly challenges, well, coz quite frankly, that's what they are anyway, but a bit more new player friendly.

and alerts should be as they previously were, but a bit more frequently poped up.

other than that, i like everything else you said, suggested and so forth up there.

I do realize people play solo, but that doesn't remove the fact this is a multiplayer game. And seriously, if someone is anti-social to the point that they can't get an ad-hoc friend or clan for these things, maybe they SHOULD be somewhat forced to do so, it's only good for them. John Donne was right when he said No man is an Island.

Yeah, Nightwaves could have coexisted with Alerts, i mean the only thing that makes them tangentially linked is the Wolf Credits part, which honestly, can be removed without much detriment to the game, if replaced with alerts, especially if alerts are improved upon (like more often, or longer lived Nitain and Vauban part Alerts). But if the decision to remove Alerts is set in stone, then i think they should be replaced with other mission types that will serve the purposes that alerts served, which was an expedient way of obtaining some materials and items, a quick way to find same-minded groups, and a guideline for those that don't want to commit to farming something specific. The so-called "bite sized content".

I'm a solo player for a number of reasons. Very good reasons.

I did 10 missions for Nightwave. There's absolutely no way for me to do more. 

A sortie will a friend - Oh that's a long story and it's in a couple of my other posts.

A Hydrolyst - uh, nope. I've tried for hours and hours. I'm just not good enough.

5 scans fo Cephalon - maybe doable but iffy.

Saw the new challenges, not bad except for 2 elites:

Do an hour long Kuva survival without using life support module (okay ouch) and do an hour long survival with a friend or clanmate (this again, really!?).

Also the 10 perfect captures in Orb Valis is kinda iffy, not everyone does them to begin with, but it is a weekly so it should be fine.

So it seems at least one Elite every Week will force you to play the game the way they want you to play it... Great.

3 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

I do realize people play solo, but that doesn't remove the fact this is a multiplayer game. And seriously, if someone is anti-social to the point that they can't get an ad-hoc friend or clan for these things, maybe they SHOULD be somewhat forced to do so, it's only good for them. John Donne was right when he said No man is an Island.

Yeah, Nightwaves could have coexisted with Alerts, i mean the only thing that makes them tangentially linked is the Wolf Credits part, which honestly, can be removed without much detriment to the game, if replaced with alerts, especially if alerts are improved upon (like more often, or longer lived Nitain and Vauban part Alerts). But if the decision to remove Alerts is set in stone, then i think they should be replaced with other mission types that will serve the purposes that alerts served, which was an expedient way of obtaining some materials and items, a quick way to find same-minded groups, and a guideline for those that don't want to commit to farming something specific. The so-called "bite sized content".

Ouch! You just lost me at "SHOULD be somewhat forced to." No, no no..... I can give you a lot of reasons I'm a solo player. Been there, did that.

While Warframe is fundamentally a multiplayer game it's not a requirement. There's tons of solo Players in Warframe.

"forced", man, don't be that guy.

Archived