Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

Ok so i criticised the new system a lot especially from a "newer" player sight. So after week 1 i finished almost all challenges except the hydrolyst since i dont have a good amp and dont want to be a leecher. So for week 2 i did the kuva thing a few minutes ago. Enemies goes up to lvl 135+ which is kind of heavy. We were a nidus, mag and nekros combo and it worked out. we were always ~80-100% life support. So its doable if you got good mates. The other challenges seem all doable without much time invest ( except the survival things but 2 hours in a week should still be doable ).

I'm still not sure after the bad anthem release if its the right time to do such changes, since DE could have get more new players from anthem and instead to banish them with an even more difficult start now, they could have make them the entry easier with running old alerts + nightwave at the same time. Maybe changes some old alerts but i think it would be more attractive for new players this way. And lets be honest games need new players because veterans will mostly stop playing at a certain point and only return for a few occasions.

I’m straight up not doing these 60 min challenges. I find these complete 8 bounties or 9 invasions already extremely tedious albeit a bit reasonable, now we have to sit through an hour of the same missions? No, this is becoming exhausting. I can’t sit playing video games for an hour straight because I have irl things to do. These challenges shoudn’t exist. Also, I’m a solo player and I really dislike that they’re starting to force co-op down my throat. This is seriously pushing me away. 

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

DE is now that kind of guys who stand on stage and says "don't you guys have phones?" 

Good for them that their stock prices cannot plummet.

2 minutes ago, Nephalgar said:

DE could have get more new players from anthem

You are so right. But I guess the Nightwave was in development for some time, and they couldn't foresee this back then. Still, there's little reason for not doing some tinkering on the event being more newbie-friendly.

24 minutes ago, Nephalgar said:

So after week 1 i finished almost all challenges except the hydrolyst

Good for you. Sincerely, I'm glad someone can do this. I barely got to lvl 3 last week and wasted 2 hours on failing to find the last ayatan.
This week, I'm out of 8-13k rep (still nowhere close to Sorties and Kuva Fortress, not to mention I'm nowhere good enough to survive 135 lvl enemies, and maybe my friend will be able to carry me through ESO, maybe not). Still might be able to have 30k rep.

Gods, this is frustrating.

4 hours ago, BenaBean said:

You get 15 nitain. 15 wolf credits buys you a pack of five nitain. 15 times 3 equals 45 wolf credits out of 50. 5 times 3 equals 15 nitain. You are on here complaining about the new system and yet you havent even seemed to have read it in game lol. 

OH

I guess I misread it

I thought it was just 1 per.

Thanks for letting me know, that's not so bad then.

The challenges are too long to achieve not necessarily difficult but especially too long compared to the old system ... the 9 missions invasions you have to wait for captures otherwise it's too long ... the survival of an hour ??? already that the 30 minutes to retrieve Saryn's relics was ultra boring but an hour ? And remove the constraint of doing with x nobody is totally useless ... In general the new system can be better if you do not have its constraints and challenges too long without real difficulty.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

go play a game with a normal 1-time purchase model.

Funny how we don't have this kind of games anymore.
If you pay a full $60 price, it's not over, because to get a Full Experience you need a Battle pass, DLCs, Extremely Deluxe Super Duper Edition with Early Alpha Access, microtransactions (in a single-player too), and maybe then you'll get that sense of pride and accomplishment.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm very well aware how it all works and that a F2P game wouldn't exist without a cash shop. But DE have a reputation of a reliable company that treats its customers fairly and listens to the community. I still have hopes that they'll live up to it.

...Not even an umbral forma is worth this kind of garbage...  There are people who might want or be willing to do an hour of survival.  It's not unheard of, but players do so for their own amusement.  Warframe has long been a game of freedom, in that you could play how you wanted.  Do what you wanted.  It has a lot of content to explore and do, and challenge, and push to the limits of, but with this sort of weekly challenge, you're demanding that we push the limit in a specific way beyond what most players probably consider fun, or even 'worth doing,' especially if it's a regular occurrence.  I've heard of people going for two hours or so even before Nightwave, but there has never been any reason to do so other than challenging oneself, and that was good.  The game itself gives the option of pushing the boundaries of its system into untold extremes, but at the end of the day, you could leave after five minutes.  Ten for an Alert.  It was recently lowered to five for invasions because players didn't want to be potentially stuck in the same mission for 30 minutes for similarly valued rewards.  And the special ones for community events (one of which is still going for the next 12 hours, indicating that this statement is indeed current) still only went for 30 minutes.  That's half the time for, currently ten special Void relics, and a double-resource weekend later.  Doubling that for a mere 5,000 Nightwave standing is ridiculous.  I'd compromise for 40 minutes, but that's as high as I'd go for this system, more than likely whatever rewards are offered.

And let's not forget that these challenges are weekly.  If these are kept, we're going to end up with 60-minute survival missions as next-to-necessary every 2-3 weeks.  It's going to become the norm for 5-minute missions to last well over an hour.  In my estimation, that kind of soul-crushing tedium isn't going to be worth anything in this game.

And then there's the 'with friends' challenge.  I don't really have a problem with this, as a concept.  It's quaint.  And I can definitely see it socializing new players, as they try and find someone to occasionally message for no real reason, and make a real-life friend online through the game.  But...thus far, it's only been attached to elite events.  And then the 'do one Sortie' mission isn't EVEN an elite challenge when put in without the friend requirements.  And sure, elite players may well have active clans, but the right answer for that is a CLAN-BASED variant of this for CLAN challenges.  That would be acceptable, and be FAR more appealing, I'd wager, for those with proud, active clans.  The challenge should be 'play [a or some number of] mission(s) with a friend or clanmate.'  Not a specific type of mission.  Not a high-end mission for large rewards.  Just a mission in general.  That would be fair, and far more likely to get people to actually make friends, rather than what's being encouraged now, which is "go out, add a friend, run the specific mission, and then delete them and never talk again."  That's not what the friends list is for.  That's what public games are for.  If you must keep with the 'elite' social challenges, have them use public matchmaking.  That's both more fair to people with small friend lists, and in line with what you're actually looking for.

Again, the concept of daily/weekly challenges is a viable one.  And Nighwave seems like a good (Nora's very existence notwithstanding) and potentially-rewarding way to implement them.  I'll put forth again that this should be done alongside alerts, as opposed to in place of them, but the concept itself could be good.  If the challenges aren't egregious overestimations of what players are typically willing to do for the wholly-unworthy challenge reward.  I know the elite ones should be somewhat challenging, but hour-long survival, or arbitrarily requiring a friend in the group for one that was already reasonable does not fit that bill.

Sure it's been mentioned before, but the challenges are a turnoff. 

I mean sure, they're challenges that push a player I get that. But, X condition + a "friend" (By that I mean a temporary add) I mean, really?

Might come off as anti-social (And I am.) 

Sure, the simple solution is don't do it, but just wanted to state I'm not for the idea of doing these events with others.

Case in point, a 60 minute survival using Life Capsules but not towers, doable. But, with someone else? Not really motivated to do so.

Just thought I would do another poorly thought out post.

1 hour ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I’m straight up not doing these 60 min challenges. I find these complete 8 bounties or 9 invasions already extremely tedious albeit a bit reasonable, now we have to sit through an hour of the same missions? No, this is becoming exhausting. I can’t sit playing video games for an hour straight because I have irl things to do. These challenges shoudn’t exist. Also, I’m a solo player and I really dislike that they’re starting to force co-op down my throat. This is seriously pushing me away. 

Why you even downloaded WF? Almost every review about WF clearly stated: MMO RPG CO-OP 

It just dawned on me.

With all these 1 hour long challenges this week the veterans don't have to complain on forums how they did it all in 30 minutes and were left with nothing to do.

It's all for the good of the people, folks.

9 hours ago, BenaBean said:

You can get 50 wolf credits at the third tier, which even if you do not get on the first week, you will definitely get it before the 10 weeks are up. Getting 15 nitain for your work is much better than waiting for the 4 random nitain alerts that used to happen per day

I am aware of how they are rewarded, but I appreciate you double checking! Nitain from alerts was 4 per day - random oft-awkward times mind- but in the same time you would be getting more nitain per week in for the same level of up front work. The benefit is for players that already have what they need and getting a wee bit when they need it is more important that getting more for just running a mission here and there. Particularly the newer player, which ideally such a system would be aimed at, since they need nitain more than more veteran players who might have made most of the Vauban primes or whatnot already.

4 minutes ago, Urlan said:

in the same time you would be getting more nitain per week in for the same level of up front work.

This, and with a small amount of Wolf creds a player can earn (especially when they can't do some challenges and won't be able to prestige these levels), they have to choose between some more Nitain and an aura or a weapon blueprint, for example. Whereas with the old system they could have it all.

Please please please give us the option to turn Wolf Cred into Wolf reputation. I did not manage to do three of the big weeklies this week and as it stands, if Brozime is corrrect (only having a 13k rep buffer to waste) I already know that I cannot not reach max rep, after messing up just this first week. 

I don't need any of the items I could buy with Wolf Cred though, so I'd love to turn that into rep instead at like 250, 500 or so rep per Cred.

OK, I've absolutely done Kuva Survival for an hour before, but no life support? Good luck finding a public match where someone doesn't accidentally turn one on while attempting to reload. Hell, imagine doing this in the middle of a game yourself! You'll be scared for your life after all the death threats you'll get. Haha. Not only that, but I could easily picture someone doing it purposefully after the 55 minute mark just to be a troll!

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

OK, I've absolutely done Kuva Survival for an hour before, but no life support? Good luck finding a public match where someone doesn't accidentally turn one on while attempting to reload. Hell, imagine doing this in the middle of a game yourself! You'll be scared for your life after all the death threats you'll get. Haha. Not only that, but I could easily picture someone doing it purposefully after the 55 minute mark just to be a troll!

The spawns of the towers is so slow so I am almost always at the new tower with the "harvestthingy" before the tower has materialized completely (so I am thinking this shouldnt be a big problem).

However doing it with a friend/clanmate is what scares me.

Did the sorti thing friday, saturday, sunday with friends and NONE of them counted (so I got shafted out of those 5k)

K, time to add my .02€ to this.

Firstly, I cannot see why playing solo is discouraged. It certainly isn't by DE (or solo mode wouldn't exist), so why are some of you thinking that way?

OTOH, some of these challenges are not only enforcing co-op play, but playing with "friends" (people I added to a list once) or clan members (me being added to a remote list once). Which I do not like, but that's me and I can live with it.

What I really do not like is the "felt force" to pursue this hunt for challenges.

I am 54 years old, I have a family and I have a complex daytime job (software architect). Which means, game time is limited. Which means that now I have to decide whether I am going to do something I consider fun or whether I force myself into these challenges (most of which I personally feel more of a workload rather than entertainment) in order to hunt for creds, which are the only thing I am interested in anyways.

Before this system I could easily do alerts. I am no minmaxer, so I don't care whether there were theoretically 4 Nitain alerts a day of which I missed 3. I never had a lack of Nitain and I built Wukong. I just did the alert when available and done. It only took a few minutes.

Now I really have to invest into this. And if I do because of my limited time I cannot do something else. Which creates a cognitive dissonance.

I did it in the first week to try it out before complaining. After the first week and seeing the challenges for this week I won't be doing it again. I accepts what comes naturally but I won't hunt for challenges any more. So far Nightwave is no success story for me.

PS: I forgot something:

Competing in a group for kill counts is counterproductive if your game is advertised as co-op.

Welll, longer this nightshift is drags on, more i want to fall asleep, DE catches this almost perfectly.

It's kinda fun as a addition to standard alert system, but fails as total replacement.

And  what is worse, now game feels lifeless, there is  just empty screen on orbiter and that all, just nora bumbling something on a radio.

Great job DE, great job.

The nightwave missions sucks big time. DE should not force it's gaming community to play these stupid missions period.

It's not fun. It will certainly keep me from playing less - not more.

Make players choose how they want to rank up in this system by playing what they want to actually play.

Give us more varied challenges; something akin to riven ones, just less ridiculous.

I can only echo what most of the poeople have been saying here: the ones we have now seem like a chore whitout much reward. Some are way too long, even the weekend wars 30 min survival was pushing it for me. Maybe give less Wolf XP but more daily/weekly challenges? As it stands now, it's lackluster and tedious.

This is all for end game players now, I missed one challenge last week(I can't stand Simaris) Ill no doubt be missing the hour long challenges this week, probably miss even more the week after seriously slowing down the acquisition of NE when all I want from Nightwave is a little statue your really sucking the fun out of this fast DE, just bring back alerts.

Edit, and dont reset Nightwave rank until we reach the end of the current one letting us all go at our own pace so missing the odd challenge or taking a break is not a issue.

8 hours ago, (PS4)mcfar53 said:

Well, I bought Volt. 140p on PS4. Lowest I could find. It'll be a few days for the build is done of course.

I'm a solo player mainly because I can't find a good group. 

I've played with others that had children screaming in the background, a movie or News playing loudly, friends over and it sounded like a party, some fighting with their wife or kids, one had the hiccups (poor guy), some players were just talking nonsense (conspiracy theories and stuff) nothing about the game, and the worst ones were those eating chips. That was seriously annoying. I've played with some that would DOMINATE the game, some that ran off somewhere, had my fill of AFK players and a few that loved to turn on the lasers on the defense mission in the Void. Some that would get impatient with me, cause I like to hit doorframes. And the worst of it is when they would blast from point A to point B without a thought. I've been on fissure missions that all I needed was one or two before it would time out. Sometimes I could see the final one. Makes me want to scream. They could have stepped away from the exit for a minute.

Most of the time on an infested map I am stressed out trying to keep up and just not having fun at all. I get seriously lost lol. Even with the marker it's not clear.

Maybe it's just a streak of bad luck??

It would be nice to find a good team.

But trial and error sucks. Big time.

Couldn't agree more. I feel that DE is pushing me where I don't want to go.

DE, as a solo player, I bet I've 'invested' more time and money into this game than most. Don't you want my money now?

Archived