The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #124 Overview!

[DE]Taylor

d4ed0a7139048cedaffce5c0148ba27a.jpg

We’re back with Devstream 124 and by golly was there a lot to cover! In this overview, get learn about the Sentient/Corpus Amalgam enemies coming with Gas City rework, learn about the Plains of Eidolon Remaster, see Wisp’s custom animations, the Warframe Abilities Screen refresh and so much more!

As usual, if you have the time, we recommend watching the full Devstream for all the nitty gritty details, or just read about the highlights in our overview: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-124-overview 

Corpus tried to use Sentient bits, now they're getting a taste of their own medicine, it seems. 🙂

Not gonna lie, some of those amalgams come packaged with some serious creep factor. The designers are thinking outside the box and I love it! 😁

Wonder what the team would cook up for a full-blown Sentient base. We kinda got hints in the New War teaser already.

Exciting stuff, can't wait! 😉

Taylor, a question in case you can answer it, the two tone energy listed at the very end, what is it intended for? Stuff like Syandanas and Fire? I know Trinity+Prime visor is supposed to be red while the energy of the whole body is separate, would that fit in there too?

Oh my god, the twitch clips aren't all autoplaying at once. Hooray!

edit: Also, amalgam mods are actually a really cool idea, but I hope that Tactical Diffusion gets changed to a V polarity so it actually matches the existing polarities I've got on guns for the mod it is "equivalent" to.

Something I'd like to add to the last part of my survey.

I'd like the other bases of the Vallis a lot more IF WE ACTUALLY VISITED THEM.

Seriously, there's like 10 places in the whole of the Vallis you do bounties in, whereas PoE it was practically the whole place. What gives?

There was some cool stuff presented there, though I get the feeling that all these different aspects have been delayed again and again because of feature creep.
Was disappointed by no direct addressing of the issues with Nightwave, just a "we are listening and taking notes, for the future (aka not changing the current iteration)".

The amalgams are super creepy. Looking forward to fight them soon!

Regarding the energy drain amalgam, is it possible to make a similar (but less shiny) effect for energy leech/parasitic eximus?

As it stands now, there's no visual indicator about the energy drain and one just suddenly realizes that the frame is out of energy.

OK, i have something to say about the power page. While it looking very cool it also looks extremely uncomfortable to use, as we like to be able to put a mod in there and quickly check in powers what rose and what went down across all abilities, often comparing the different abilities to see if it's worth it to mod a frame that way. With this we would have to remember by mind the stats of another ability ecc ecc. Overall it's unconfortable. NOW, if as pablo said we will be able to access abilities trhough hovering stuff in the modding page that's even better than now, and the new page will not be an issue, BUT we need to be able to see all abilities at the same time. Something like: I'm modding, i want to see my powers now, i hover above a " abilities " simbol at the side of arcanes slot, the old power page pop up and i see all the stats like i do now, and then if i move the mouse they disappear, not THIS, would be nice to use.

14 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Was disappointed by no direct addressing of the issues with Nightwave, just a "we are listening and taking notes, for the future (aka not changing the current iteration)".

What did they say exactly?  On the face of it, it seems reasonable to take more than a couple of days to identify Nighwave's problems and start proposing solutions.

Was really looking forward to Wisp. She reminded me of Raziel somehow when I first saw her. All things aside, I had hoped, she would have a normal rear, but that big airbags are just ridiculous (Almost as bad as Khora, who also has this extremely thin waist in contrast, too, which I find extremely unsuited for a hunter.). In combination with the animation, which seems to give Wisp an invisible motorbike to glide on, so she can lift her rear just right and wiggle it.
Titania for example has a very well animated levitating/flying animation.
Round cheeks all fine, but the sheer size of some behinds... Is that really necessary? The backs of our frames are something we automatically look at with third person. I do realize that an inbuilt option for "I don't want overblown balloons as buttocks" is too much to ask for, so I rather ask if it can still be toned down a bit? Make her Wispy and not Saryn voluptous? The latter looks perfect, it is fitting to her entire, more strong looking figure.
(No, this is no "does everything needs to be sexualized"-whine. I just found some visuals unfitting to the purpose of said frames, hence making me think they are just fanservice, which again I see not necessary for those brilliant frames. I'd also would have criticised a slim, tiny, cute Hydrin. That would have been unfitting just as much)

Archived