Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is unreasonable and convoluted

Smilomaniac

It's a nice idea, but it needs massive adjustments.

1. I've spent 3 days getting 50 creds, which amounts to the cosmetic. This is extremely unreasonable.
2. The amount of missions I've done would've gotten me several dozens or more rewards in the old alert system. I've gotten a sigil, two glyphs and 50 creds. This is not okay.
3. I have no idea when my wolf creds expire. Every week? When the event is over? When is it even over?
4. The only reason I even know that the creds expire is because I saw a credible youtube video that briefly mentioned it.

A lot of the "acts" require things that I would've otherwise never have done. Contrary to popular belief, I don't enjoy doing invasion missions and getting caught by zanuka while I'm leveling weapons (and can't fight back). Not only am I putting way more effort into the game for almost no reward comparatively, I'm also doing myself a disservice.
I thought I was done with POE content, but here I am finding myself doing the by far most tedious content in the game doing eight bounties to do one of these acts for an absolute pittance.

So why am I doing it? The exclusive content and the rest of the alternative helmets I'm missing.
Not even being able to save up the wolf creds for when I need to buy whatever new content is coming out is a bit too cynical. I get it, the currency is going to change, but maybe let us be owed a favor or two by the game for once?

Let's be honest, you're forcing players to engage with the content for a lot less rewards, while dangling exclusive cosmetics in front of us. You need to boost that reputation gain by about a thousand percent for this to make sense. Or just up the rep gain a little and add an additional 25 creds for every tier. Just do something.

Edited by Smilomaniac
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

A lot of the "acts" require things that I would've otherwise never have done.

That's the point.

Not only am I putting way more effort into the game for almost no reward comparatively, I'm also doing myself a disservice.

Don't do it then.

So why am I doing it? The exclusive content and the rest of the alternative helmets I'm missing.

You can buy them with platinum too if you want them so badly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Let's be honest, you're forcing players to engage with the content for a lot less rewards, while dangling exclusive cosmetics in front of us. You need to boost that reputation gain by about a thousand percent for this to make sense. Or just up the rep gain a little and add an additional 25 creds for every tier. Just do something.

Doing cetus bounties normally, no one bats an eye... *DE implements a system that rewards you for doing the same bounties!* Players: HELL NO SON, I AIN'T DOIN' EM BOUNTIES CAUSE THEY ARE WASTING MY TIME! Really don't understand the logic behind some people.

Edited by Fellas92
  • Like 2

Just now, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Dont worry we just need to keep complaining and DE will eventually fix it and make it easier and fairer

Easier ? Killing 500 enemies is hard for you ? Oh I know... the "place a glyph in a mission" was probably the hardest one, yup, true story.

• Like 1

Just now, Fellas92 said:

Easier ? Killing 500 enemies is hard for you ? Oh I know... the "place a glyph in a mission" was probably the hardest one, yup, true story.

Its not hard for me its just tedious, and completely unfair for newer players , its a good system on paper, but it was poorly executed, and not fun at all

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Its not hard for me its just tedious, and completely unfair for newer players , its a good system on paper, but it was poorly executed, and not fun at all

Tedious ? Really ? Ignore the fact that you'll do the damn objective just by playing the game normally, bounties, relics, survivals etc...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fellas92 said:

Doing cetus bounties normally, no one bats an eye... *DE implements a system that rewards you for doing the same bounties!* Players: HELL NO SON, I AIN'T DOIN' EM BOUNTIES CAUSE THEY ARE WASTING MY TIME! Really don't understand the logic behind some people.

are you kidding me? people have complained about those bounties since they came out, even after fixing the way you get rewards they are still tedious and repetitive. The worst thing about plague star were the bounties themselfs aswell. 
So ye, forcing people to do bounties they already hate for meh rewards is trash.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

1. I've spent 3 days getting 50 creds, which amounts to the cosmetic. This is extremely unreasonable.

How is it "extremely unreasonable"?
Especially since you're complaining about getting 1 new free cosmetic a week, where as the more gameplay affecting items are cheaper (outside of the evergreen weapon BPs that while they will take you time to get won't be hard to get all of them).

Those 3 days also amounts to 15 nitain...I wonder how long it would have taken you to get 15 nitain in the old system?

13 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

2. The amount of missions I've done would've gotten me several dozens or more rewards in the old alert system. I've gotten a sigil, two glyphs and 50 creds. This is not okay.

Are you kidding me?
That would be if you had logged in at the right time...and even then what would most of those "several dozens or more rewards" have been?  2K credit caches?  Maybe 300 oxium?
In the current system you got enough wolf creds to buy 15 nitain, which mind you is 15 rare timed alerts...it wasn't uncommon to go most of a week and not see a single nitain alert...

15 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

3. I have no idea when my wolf creds expire. Every week? When the event is over? When is it even over?
4. The only reason I even know that the creds expire is because I saw a credible youtube video that briefly mentioned it.

I will agree that DE could explain it a bit better but:
Wolf Creds will expire at the end of the event, which will take place over "10ish" weeks according to DESteves twitter.  The next nightwave will have its own creds to deal with.

So you have 10 weeks to raise up through the ranks and collects wolf creds; of which you only need to complete 60% of the activities to hit rank 30 and get all of the exclusive rewards.

1 minute ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

How is it tedious or "completely unfair for newer players"?
Kill 500 enemies?  That's just playing the game, a single survival will get you most of the way there.
Do 3 captures?  Again playing the game and something that a lot of people do is rush capture fissues...
Pick up 8 mods?  Deploy a glyph?  Do 3 rounds in SO (not even ESO just normal SO)?  Which one is "completely unfair for newer players?"

Or are you complaining about the two elite weekly missions, as in the missions intended for longer playing people that aren't needed to complete as you only ever need 60% of the activities to hit max rank?
And even in that: Sortie with Friends?  How is requiring MR5 and a friend/clanmate "completely unfair for newer players"?
Killing a hydrolyst can be somewhat annoying; but again it isn't that hard if you go in prepared with a group, and if players miss out on one elite weekly so what?  They'll still be able to hit rank 30 at the end.

None of the activities released so far have been focused that heavily on endgame players.  You can make some argument for the hydrolyst; but with the current power level of players its not a bad fight if you just use recruiting and get it done.

• Like 3

Just now, Fellas92 said:

Warframe in a nutshell.

Yes but its normally a fun grind for me and i Dont even notice im grinding, this is the ONLY update in the past 4 years that has made me struggle to pay attention, and this isnt something i can just ignore either its a fundamental game mechanic that i need to do or else i dont get anything 

4 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Especially since you're complaining about getting 1 new free cosmetic a week, where as the more gameplay affecting items are cheaper (outside of the evergreen weapon BPs that while they will take you time to get won't be hard to get all of them).

Those 3 days also amounts to 15 nitain...I wonder how long it would have taken you to get 15 nitain in the old system?

Are you kidding me?
That would be if you had logged in at the right time...and even then what would most of those "several dozens or more rewards" have been?  2K credit caches?  Maybe 300 oxium?
In the current system you got enough wolf creds to buy 15 nitain, which mind you is 15 rare timed alerts...it wasn't uncommon to go most of a week and not see a single nitain alert...

Wolf Creds will expire at the end of the event, which will take place over "10ish" weeks according to DESteves twitter.  The next nightwave will have its own creds to deal with.

So you have 10 weeks to raise up through the ranks and collects wolf creds; of which you only need to complete 60% of the activities to hit rank 30 and get all of the exclusive rewards.

How is it tedious or "completely unfair for newer players"?
Kill 500 enemies?  That's just playing the game, a single survival will get you most of the way there.
Do 3 captures?  Again playing the game and something that a lot of people do is rush capture fissues...
Pick up 8 mods?  Deploy a glyph?  Do 3 rounds in SO (not even ESO just normal SO)?  Which one is "completely unfair for newer players?"

Or are you complaining about the two elite weekly missions, as in the missions intended for longer playing people that aren't needed to complete as you only ever need 60% of the activities to hit max rank?
And even in that: Sortie with Friends?  How is requiring MR5 and a friend/clanmate "completely unfair for newer players"?
Killing a hydrolyst can be somewhat annoying; but again it isn't that hard if you go in prepared with a group, and if players miss out on one elite weekly so what?  They'll still be able to hit rank 30 at the end.

None of the activities released so far have been focused that heavily on endgame players.  You can make some argument for the hydrolyst; but with the current power level of players its not a bad fight if you just use recruiting and get it done.

Thats not the point, its just not fun , it feels like a chore, i have more "fun" doing my college homework than this, games are ENTERTAINMENT, and are supposed to be enjoyable, this is just a headache 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fellas92 said:

I have zero reason to do Cetus bounties normally, I've maxed the syndicate, I've collected every mod, etc. It's nothing but a box to check. Had the task just been bounties, I could at least done vox solaris to collect the mods I'm missing.

It was just boring, there was no joy in it, but I did it because there will likely be more boring and more tedious tasks I'll definitely want to skip in upcoming weeks. I do bounties solo as I find load times, host migrations, etc. doing bounties with randoms painful, so in the scheme of things it benefited no one that I did these.

I hope Warframe doesn't start to feel like a "chores for rewards" experience instead of a fun sandbox...too soon to tell.

• Like 1

5 years of this game and personally, I actually like Nightwave. I do also agree with the sentiment that doing the missions for Nora is too much for someone just starting out (I've got an MR23 on PC and my MR4 starting out fresh on Switch) Then again I doubt the point of this event was to cater to new players so much as the veterans that can handle most to all of the challenges no problem.

They are a tad tedious, but that's everything in Warframe should you choose the harder, true path. It's an investment of a game, and Nightwave is an investment alongside it that sidetracks new players to attempt to get some easy cosmetics without plat. Either way, you're always getting something.

Im rather in agreement with op.  The amount of low level crap ive had to grind out to complete the missions really took up sooo much of my playtime that in 3 days playtime i havent touched any high level content that id normally look at doing besides sorties.  Im already mr26, i already have all the plains stuff,  all the invasion stuff etc,  i could understand maybe requireing 1-2 of that sorta thing but 8-9? And probably the same amount next week, and the week after...  Thats sooo many missions and so much time to chase that one umbral forma for my titania

• Like 1

Nightwave is fun, but I got all of the challenges done within a day.

Now with no normal alerts, I have even less to do during the week. I’m.. I guess sort of in agreement with OP, but I think it’d be nicer if we had more dailies (doesn’t have to be with standing) during the middle so the wait for weekly reset is doable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Im rather in agreement with op.  The amount of low level crap ive had to grind out to complete the missions really took up sooo much of my playtime that in 3 days playtime i havent touched any high level content that id normally look at doing besides sorties.  Im already mr26, i already have all the plains stuff,  all the invasion stuff etc,  i could understand maybe requireing 1-2 of that sorta thing but 8-9? And probably the same amount next week, and the week after...  Thats sooo many missions and so much time to chase that one umbral forma for my titania

3 days to complete as a MR26? Wow... I only took around 5 hours. If low level content takes you that long to complete, I'm prety sure you're not even ready for high levels.

The problem with them isn't so much the system itself, it's how they chose to have it use multiple currencies along with a ranking system.

It needs to be heavily streamlined and either keep "Wolf Credits" or just "Standing".

Then people can earn either just by doing the challenges (instead of earning "Standing" to then BUY "Wolf Credits"), and players can then use what they earn to buy items much like other syndicates.

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

spending several hours for three days for a pittance is absolutely extremely unreasonable. There's nothing free about it, it's time spent which is the currency I value the most.
The 15 nitain argument is very poor; The effort spent to get them was already too high and the counter argument is that 35 creds gets you ONE alternate helmet. I have zero uses for nitain, I already have loads in reserve.

Are you kidding me?

I am not kidding you. I do other things during downtime, I don't just sit and play all warframe missions all day. It seems you're concerned about Nitain, luckily for you that seems to have been adressed.

1 mission = 1 reward is reasonable. Some four to five hours (and probably more) for one reward (and a sigil) is not and I don't count the glyphs as something I would've spent my time on getting.

Thanks for the info. Where was this posted? Or was it a dev-stream notice or something?

I'd love to know where people are getting this 60% from.

You have 10 weeks to get 30 ranks, which means you need 3 ranks per week, or 30,000 standing in any one week.

The majority of your standing is going to come from WEEKLY objectives, and some of them are ridiculous, like the Hydralists and the 100 Eximus Kills that apparently YOU must land the killing blow on (I did a Defense and didn't get credit towards a single one, yet I know I saw several during the mission and I was within XP range).

So if you take out the Hydralists, the Sanctuary Battles, and the 100 Eximus Kills, there's 13,000 weekly standing down the drain. What you got left is is about 20k or so, which means you need to log on 4-5 times a week just to get enough daily objects to hit your 30,000 requirement to get done.

That's......if.......they spawned daily.

Which they don't. I did the two that were up the first day... I did two yesterday morning and..... there's none today. They're all checked as being done.

I really don't see where you can do "60%" of the content and still finish everything.

The system is way more convoluted than it really has to be, to be honest. What they could have done was just make it like Cephalon Simaris where you get standing by doing your weekly/daily objectives, and then just let you buy what you want with the standing points. Heck, make it limited quantity on the potatoes, like you can only buy one per week or something if you're worried about them being too easy to get.

Just now, Fellas92 said:

Oh I don't know.... from Steve himself ?...

He's making a lot of assumptions about the casual playerbase, then, because seriously.

Socket 5 statues? I've never even SEEN five statues in a week, let alone be able to socket that many of them. Hydralists? lol. Some of these are ridiculous.

And again, the daily objectives aren't even working properly.

• Like 1

It's about time DE stopped treating players like kids. Everyone got used to getting everything without doing anything. Enough is enough, I'd be even more happy if you'd need to do 90% of the damn challenges. Want something ? THEN #*!%ING EARN IT.

Edited by Fellas92

3 hours ago, Fellas92 said:

3 days to complete as a MR26? Wow... I only took around 5 hours. If low level content takes you that long to complete, I'm prety sure you're not even ready for high levels.

I literally 1shot everything in all those missions,  all up it would have taken me about 4-5 hours,  its more that its 4-5 hours of uninteresting gameplay so i kept putting it down and coming back to it since it was missions id already done hundreds of times in the past.  That and the sheer volume of missions with timers making you wait and defend points artificially increases your mission times to where it feels like you accomplished nothing in a long time when you dont need any of the items given out by those missions

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fellas92 said:

It's about time DE stopped treating players like kids. Everyone got used to getting everything without doing anything. Enough is enough, I'd be even more happy if you'd need to do 90% of the damn challenges. Want something ? THEN #*!%ING EARN IT.

*Insert Neil deGrasse Tyson meme here*

Watch out guys, we got a bad mutha here.

*rolls eyes*

Here's a clue for you, you ready?

Most of these are not really "challenges", they are tedium work with time limits that you must do in X time frame or you'll... run out of time for some stupid reason. This system is basically DE saying "We think you must play ______ amount of time every day to keep up with the system before we yank half of these items out of the game and you'll never see them again and reset your progress."

In case you haven't noticed, the game wouldn't even exist without the founders and it's veterans. So GG

Yeah, gotta love the newer players who are so quick to disrespect those who actually dumped $$$$$$ to see the game turn into something entirely different than it was when we donated our money to it.

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 1