Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is losing players

CPTleivas

The warframe game had a lot of acceptance among PC gamers that we will say weak, many even played on notebooks, but the reality is another now, after the game no longer use the directx9 and go to 64 bits for many as an example of this is impossible play in Fortune, and the funniest and that listens to that reason in the game less in its installer that still continues in 32 bits, how will install a 64 bit system if the installer is still in 32 bits, many players are not getting game, the Warframe would have to leave at least as base the directx9 and a low video card as it was before and to stop a little to decorate the game and to start to really optimize the game, example is fortune that sector for many players is too heavy to play there lag and the non-player server.
Summing up the developers of Warframe have to review many things in the game, there are friends who stopped playing, I started playing Warfame he was with 11GB today is 30GB or more, honestly I have not seen anything better and worse every day, who has a good PC not seeing very much these mistakes, but I think the game should return to its origins, the same has already lost many players and will continue to lose if it continues that way that is my opinion.
@CPTleivas.

Edited by CPTleivas

"many players"

Please, the amount of people still using 32 bit systems are but a percentage, a percentage that the entire PC playerbase should be happy to lose so that the game gets better without toasters holding back development.

3 minutes ago, CPTleivas said:

but I think the game should return to its origins

Poorly textured, limited content, rubbish optimisation?

It's genius.

• Like 6

Title in English, post in Portuguese. Makes perfect sense.

I'm guessing this is something about the 64-bit shift again, isn't it? Look, 64-bit desktop CPUs have been around since 2001. The current AMD64/EM64T ones have been around since 2003. We've had plenty of time to upgrade.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Yes it's loosing players. That will always happen when you ditch old technology. You leave those who haven't upgraded behind.

But, developing for old technology, and developing for two or three different versions of technology (directx 9 and 10 and 11, for instance) is a costly affair. At some point the cost of maintaining compatibility for outdated technology becomes greater than the money you make from what few users are left using that technology and you just have to cut the cord. 

Nobody likes to loose users. But nobody likes to pay for what only a small fraction of the total userbase actually uses, either.

Edited by rune_me
  • Like 2

When reinstalling the game I noticed that the installer is still in 32 bits and the game is in 64 bits this may be generating conflicts, I honestly did not see improvements the game is very hard with each update, in short I am speaking what I and many are experiencing Okay, a big hug to everyone.

Okay, this is better... ...and yet somehow worse.

Installer is just an executable that unpacks and installs files. AMD64/EM64T can run both 32-bit and 64-bit applications without performance penalty. That's why they became adopted as the default 64-bit x86 platforms. The installer does not need to be 64-bit.

And DirectX 9 has been around since 2002. If you have Windows 7 and a video card released in the last 10 years, you can run DirectX 11.

Indeed, DE probably have data telling them how much of their player base they are serving by continuing to update the DirectX 9/32-bit version, and probably decided it's no longer economical. Cost-versus-benefit is a standard business decision.

Dude, the game has peaked higher than Team Fortress 2. Team Fortress Two. As far as I can tell, TF2's peak was 117,000 players, Warframe's was 131,000. And WF just hit that peak in November last year whereas TF2 has been declining for some time.

I don't know about you, but if TF2 is a genre defining juggernaut that everyone and their grandma has heard of and Warframe surpassed it in the last couple months, it's probably just fine. Its total playercount has also risen since last month when the changes went through, significantly.

28 minutes ago, CPTleivas said:

The warframe game had a lot of acceptance among PC gamers that we will say weak, many even played on notebooks, but the reality is another now, after the game no longer use the directx9 and go to 64 bits for many as an example of this is impossible play in Fortune, and the funniest and that listens to that reason in the game less in its installer that still continues in 32 bits, how will install a 64 bit system if the installer is still in 32 bits, many players are not getting game, the Warframe would have to leave at least as base the directx9 and a low video card as it was before and to stop a little to decorate the game and to start to really optimize the game, example is fortune that sector for many players is too heavy to play there lag and the non-player server.
Summing up the developers of Warframe have to review many things in the game, there are friends who stopped playing, I started playing Warfame he was with 11GB today is 30GB or more, honestly I have not seen anything better and worse every day, who has a good PC not seeing very much these mistakes, but I think the game should return to its origins, the same has already lost many players and will continue to lose if it continues that way that is my opinion.
@CPTleivas.

Upgrading computers can be time consuming and expensive, I get it, but Warframe is perfectly within their rights to upgrade their own engine and graphics. If getting a new computer isn't feasible, maybe look into a console. The Xbox and PS4 are often on sale now that they've been out for a few years! And its also out on the Switch too!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, CPTleivas said:

@CPTleivas.

Get a better PC / laptop and stop trying to run new  / upgraded games on ancient equipment.

Get with the times. :tongue:

Or stick to playing mobile games on your phone.

8 minutes ago, CPTleivas said:

Not a small fraction of users is not a large fraction that is leaving unfortunately

Game developers don't just randomly decide to remove support for something like 32 bit. They do it when there aren't enough users still on 32 bit left to make it financially feasible to keep supporting it. Unlike you, DE has the numbers and the stats to know how many were still downloading and playing the 32 bit clients. If they decided to remove support, it's because it wasn't enough to justify the cost.

Just now, HexOmega111x said:

I don't understand the reason of this thread. Or even the statement he made with the title. What does he want? 

A global downgrade to the game so his potato pc can run it fine, I guess.

Sadly, as the game progresses, and new technology is introduced, the requirements also increase. This is why we have been talking about the changes to the minimum supported specs for a while now.

Since there is not much that can be done constructively for this thread, I am locking it.

• Like 5