Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mark Mods or Resources (?)

SatanLovesPenguins

Question

5 minutes ago, SatanLovesPenguins said:

What does the latest daily challenge mean? Mark Mods or Resources. Huh? I tried marking some Rubico, and Plastids, and it didn't take. I can't mark a mod because I pick them up.

You can mark them after you pick them up. Look for faint "starburst" lines near the ground. They're hard to see, but you can see them once you learn to spot them.

EDIT: As long as you're not playing solo, that is.

Edited by auxy
  • Like 1

Sooo .... drop a Marker (Press G -default- on PC) on the location after you collect said item ?

If in a squad this would set an alert for other players to that location to pick up an item. If Solo (you're just playing with yourself).

AT DE: YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT CLEAR.

Edited by uberfu
  • Like 3

I think the resource you mark has to be at least uncommon. I completed the mission in a defence (Io on Jupiter) and was able to get a couple of marks by highlighting Oxium dropped by the Ospreys. I was also running Thief's Wit which helps see dropped mods while they're far enough away that the Taxon didn't vacuum them before I could mark them.

3 minutes ago, rhubarbRhubarb said:

I think the resource you mark has to be at least uncommon.

I was able to get credit marking ferrite and nano-spores, which are apparently common: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Resources

Ammo and orbs don't work.  Not that I would think they should, but it's a distinction which might not be apparent to people who are newer to the game or don't use the wiki much.

I don't know if this helps, but I opened the ferrite deposits in the void (doing the easy capture so I can experiment freely) and marked the resource drops.  That counted towards the goal, not marking the container but the resource drop itself.  Got all 5 in one run.

Just to clarify: if you see an unbroken resource container, shoot it from a distance with a gun (outside the range of Vacuum or Fetch.) You'll see it on the ground next to the broken container. Put your cross-hair over the object and press your waypoint key ("G") by default on PC.) You will see a symbol of the resource you just highlighted along with text next to it, that's how you know it has been successfully marked. This also works on unclaimed mods, and quite possibly the little gold affinity lumps that occasionally drop (haven't personally checked the latter, but I think that's the case.) It does not work on ammo, credits, or endo/energy/health balls.

I just did a quickie solo 5-round defense and was able to easily get all the items I needed. Sinai/Jupiter is great for this BTW. It's infested, and if you perch up on one of the barrels of the big guns behind and overlooking the cryopod the infested basically ignore you and you can kill them and mark your stuff with impunity. Hop down between waves to pick up your ammo and other items (make sure you mark the stuff before jumping down however.)

19 hours ago, Methanoid said:

their instructions are historically never clear.

funny though, i never had to think what they meant... you have any better description for them? (one that does fit in lengh, mind you ^^)

only thing that was necessary was to prevent my carrier/moa to suck all things up before i could mark them (done in solo btw - else it's easy enough as long as not everyone in the team has collected the resource/mod/etc.) - shooting a crate from a few meter away usually drops on or more resources for this and prevent the vacuum getting in the way).

This is far from comprehensive, and may be a little late (but still not TOO late for anyone just coming in, or just getting on to the Act while it’s still on the Program/Menu of Dishes to Order). 

Based on the little bit picked up on from this thread (which really amounted to wanting to know just WTF “Mark” is meant to mean),

I set out to give it a run the hard way (as usual), without the HUD.

First I had to re-bind my Place Marker command (which I never use) to its default (the right D Pad button on a PS4 Controller).

After failing in several attempts during missions, trying to properly place one marker in each, and check for any progress after returning, I changed gears to check out the situation down on the Vallis. HUD had to be turned on for that action.

Trying a combo with an Arca Scisco for a secondary, it was pretty easy to spot quite a lot of mods & resource pieces laying around after the amount of havoc which has to be wreaked in most topside missions.

There I found the first easy and obvious way of going about it.

Just target the item center in the sight, and “place marker.”

Go over & pick up the item, and it could be done again with another.

I did it for three, then wanted to return to the original plan for the remaining two.

Well, that was a bit of a surprise. 

No confirmation following two. Nor three.

After FIVE, in the same mission, was when Radio Nightwave broke in with a gushing Nora.

After that, all the only thing to happen was -

**** Alad V with Zanuka in his Gas City, and have a snack.

This is far from comprehensive, and may be a little late (but still not TOO late for anyone just coming in, or just getting on to the Act while it’s still on the Program/Menu of Dishes to Order). 

Based on the little bit picked up on from this thread (which really amounted to wanting to know just WTF “Mark” is meant to mean),

I set out to give it a run the hard way (as usual), without the HUD.

First I had to re-bind my Place Marker command (which I never use) to its default (the right D Pad button on a PS4 Controller).

After failing in several attempts during missions, trying to properly place one marker in each, and check for any progress after returning, I changed gears to check out the situation down on the Vallis. HUD had to be turned on for that action.

Trying a combo with an Arca Scisco for a secondary, it was pretty easy to spot quite a lot of mods & resource pieces laying around after the amount of havoc which has to be wreaked in most topside missions.

There I found the first easy and obvious way of going about it.

Just target the item center in the sight, and “place marker.”

Go over & pick up the item, and it could be done again with another.

I did it for three, then wanted to return to the original plan for the remaining two.

Well, that was a bit of a surprise. 

No confirmation following two. Nor three.

After FIVE, in the same mission, was when Radio Nightwave broke in with a gushing Nora.

After that, all the only thing to happen was -

**** Alad V with Zanuka in his Gas City, and have a snack.

THE BOTTOM LINE (of what I learned):

To “Mark” a Mod or Resource means to

Place [“Set”] A [Waypoint] MARKER

ON a Dropped Mod or Resource Piece,

which is in the open & in a state

that is Ready to be Picked Up

without having to perform any other action.

This is done by targeting the item

with the center dot of the aiming sight,

and executing the command to Set Waypoint [Marker].

For the fulfillment of the Act,

this has to be done 5 times in one mission,

or one outing onto the Plains or Vallis.

The Set Waypoint Marker command is reset,

after what the Waypoint Marker was placed on

has been picked up.

Post Script:

(Why is the instruction so BAD?

This is not a rhetorical question,

intended to imply that players 

who do not understand 

what is supposed to be done 

are bad, poor, inexperienced, 

or lacking in some sort 

of common knowledge.

Google:

how to mark things in warframe

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/718192-warframe/68143474

Present:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Waypoint

Waypoint

“It's taking longer than I calculated.”

This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.

“I want more... Operator, please hurry! This story is getting quite good!”

This article is a stub. You can help WARFRAME Wiki by adding a sentence or two.

Waypoint is an in-game tool to pinpoint an exact location in a level. 

It is used by pointing the reticule on the screen and pressing the waypoint hotkey (default: G ). 

Waypoints can be used to pinpoint any part of the level (except the skybox), but can also be used to pinpoint enemies, resources and consoles.

(The word “MARK” is not even used at all.)

Waypoints

Why is it that sometimes a waypoint appears for a rare mod and sometimes it doesn't? Is it the other players placing the waypoints or does the game do it automatically?

Mark

How Warframe Players Got Taylor Swift Lyrics Etched Permanently Onto Its Map

https://kotaku.com/how-warframe-players-got-taylor-swift-lyrics-etched-per-1821967690

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/2788173147736409932/

Is it possible to play for a new player now?

https://www.larshaendler.com/2017/08/10/warframe-trading-guide-part-3-how-to-use-warframe-market-the-almost-auction-house/

How to use warframe.market, the almost auction house (2018 version)

What do Auctions have to do with 

Mark, Marks & Marking?

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/meaning/#FouTheMea

Edited by (PS4)xxav1xl6ivax

Most of us have vacuum on our companions, we get resources and mods before we even realize they're there, making this nightwave act miss the mark when it comes to "teaching" players how to do stuff.  During regular gameplay I always mark rare resources, but that usually means I drop a wp in the vicinity and type "argons here" in chat. It's faster than finding the $*# starbursts to mark.

I accomplish these challenges by spamming the wp button whenever I break a resource node, usually marking ferrite or some other garbage, doing my teammates exactly zero good.

I guess we're expected to gimp our companions and take off vacuum to do this.

All in all, at least it's not catching $*%# rare fish on Eidolon

On 2019-03-29 at 8:36 PM, Agamemnicon said:

Most of us have vacuum on our companions, we get resources and mods before we even realize they're there, making this nightwave act miss the mark when it comes to "teaching" players how to do stuff.  During regular gameplay I always mark rare resources, but that usually means I drop a wp in the vicinity and type "argons here" in chat. It's faster than finding the $*# starbursts to mark.

I accomplish these challenges by spamming the wp button whenever I break a resource node, usually marking ferrite or some other garbage, doing my teammates exactly zero good.

I guess we're expected to gimp our companions and take off vacuum to do this.

All in all, at least it's not catching $*%# rare fish on Eidolon

Just run A solo mission of any kind. You can shoot or AOE resource canisters or masses that have to be broken up in order to pick up anyways. Wherever you see one laying around, aim the reticule or center of any gun sight on it. Place Waypoint Marker. Then pick it up. Five times and that’s it. Done.

Yeah I did it solo, with Vacuum last night, it really isn't necessary to remove it.  Any time I'd see something like a Rubedo formation, I'd make sure to get a little distance, shoot it open and mark the item.  Took no time at all.

Edited by Andvarja

To try to easily address (hopefully) everything,

concerning the “Act” (or in plain terms the ‘challenge’),

and the perplexities which seem as though they should not be,

but none-the-less are,

I just took a quick time-out to log in,

and stream a video.

Within the first 5 minutes, 

everything should (again hopefully),

be adequately covered.

Warframe Set Waypoint to Place Marker to "Mark" (Marking For "Dummies" Like ME) 

Now the vernacular got a bit ... overly casual ... when an "Act" required me to "MARK" 5 Resources or Mods.

I thought,

“OK, so I have to do this on a Cold Corpus Mission, and figure out how to un-zip the fly on my Warframe?"

But that wasn't what DE meant by "mark."

What DO they (and/or Nora) mean?

To 'Place [a] Marker' that sets a way point ON 5 of those.

But how, without picking them up?

Well, here's how, with DJ MagNaTight filling in for Nora Night.