The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Like Wisp Is More Desert Based Than Ghost/Spirit

AzirTheSandGod

So wisps abilities came out and honestly, the only thing that can be considered spirit esque or ghost is her passive and 2nd ability, her other abilities and look is more desert civilization type, like the scarf and head wrap as well as the plants and sun, i just think that the name wisp made us think more for ghosts when the proper name should be genie or something 

Agreed OP , she must be based on Desert / Djinn themed more than anything. Forget the " Wisp " name , to me its just a left over from early devbuild. Hope she gets a better name on release.

Lets see what she has ;

• Nomad-like appearance ( even has oriental look ).
  • Ghostly passive.
  • Summoning Djinn-like spiritual benevolent ( buff ) and malevolent ( CC , damage ) creatures.
  • Visually sand-like wraith teleport.
  • Sun / Light / Fire themed abilities like any other desert themed characters in video games.

Not to mention Djinns are creatures made of fire in Arabic mythology.

It's easier to explain her this way rather than justifying her kit as " portal mage ".

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 1

Can Wisp fly away on the edges of lakes when seen by enemies? If not, not very Wisp-like.

I'd be very afraid of those adorable mysterious wisps if they could summon the sun... Especially since I keep kidnapping them to craft things out of their tiny bodies!

8 hours ago, AzirTheSandGod said:

So wisps abilities came out and honestly, the only thing that can be considered spirit esque or ghost is her passive and 2nd ability, her other abilities and look is more desert civilization type, like the scarf and head wrap as well as the plants and sun, i just think that the name wisp made us think more for ghosts when the proper name should be genie or something 

13.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Wisp’s alt helmet and overall aesthetic design definitely does have some influence from this game. As per her theme, Wisp is derived from Will’o’Wisp which is a fire spirit.

8 hours ago, AzirTheSandGod said:

Plants and desert don't usually get along too well. Swamps on the other hand.... 

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Will o wisp is what you are looking for and everything is easily connected back to the popular myths surrounding the name. When did genies/djinn open portals to the Sun?

Adam was made from clay, after djinn were made from fire. They're said to be made of smokeless fire. Seems apt. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Plants and desert don't usually get along too well. Swamps on the other hand.... 

Adam was made from clay, after djinn were made from fire. They're said to be made of smokeless fire. Seems apt. 

Yea but her first ability is Reservoir's name is quite similar in definition to an Oasis, a place usually found with water and plant life in the desert

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

170 different Species of Cacti would like a prickly word with you.

that's a thought... we don't have a Cactus frame..

"The wetlands contained 280 species of vascular plants, 45% of the reserve's flora, in only 1.1% of its area. Local diversity averaged 24 ± 0.7 species per 7 m², much higher than in the surrounding upland forests." 

That's for one small wetland area in Quebec😜

The area is not confirmed to have wisps.