Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Concerns

Monad0ny

After seeing the rail jack trailer and figuring out its release along with new wars release, I have some concerns, specifically, how rail jack enters the game. Do you think it will be in the form of a quest like archwing, or be syndicate reward or something. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Edited by SuperUltra19

I am very confident it will come in the form of sortie rewards. Railjack part blueprints will drop from sorties and you will have to take them to Maroo who will charge you x17 amber stars per unit of a special material called Glug in order to construct the pieces, along with other naterials. Then you have to defeat the Wolf 10 times to get the final blueprint for the Railjack itself, which will take 6.3 days to build.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I cannot know about most things on Railjack. I just hope AW's are more than a transport from Railjack to the Capital ships as shown in the trailer, and that I don't end up with an Itz'trash as a choice for a possible AW during these missions.

Dw Scott's "gonna nerf the S#&$ out of it" before Railjack comes out.

1 hour ago, SuperUltra19 said:

After seeing the rail jack trailer and figuring out its release along with new wars release, I have some concerns, specifically, how rail jack enters the game. Do you think it will be in the form of a quest like archwing, or be syndicate reward or something. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Steve has already said that Railjack will not be a missiontype, but an overhaul of how we transverse the starchart and removal of loading screens for seemless ones to make the world feel more connected.

If you want some questions answered, here:

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

I say it'll be locked behind advanced clans and ridiculous grind.

God I seriously hope not. And I do hope we can run these missions with more than clanmates, namely alliance members. I am in a solo clan and when DE said on stream for solo players to start a ghost clan in preparation for Railjack I was really hopeful as I'm part of an alliance and I have several companions there.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Pauloluisx:

God I seriously hope not. And I do hope we can run these missions with more than clanmates, namely alliance members. I am in a solo clan and when DE said on stream for solo players to start a ghost clan in preparation for Railjack I was really hopeful as I'm part of an alliance and I have several companions there.

Same here, actually. I'm in a clan with 1 friend and a bunch of randoms I've never seen online, but we're in an alliance with one clan being run by good friends with who we used to be in a completely different clan before.

And honestly, just us 2 trying to farm the stuff we probably need for railjack, I really hope alliances work too.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I found 41 pages of topics on this and I know it's been asked about a thousand times but none of the topics addressed my thoughts. 

The railjack is going to be a customizable squad assault vehicle from what I can tell. Looks like your typical 4 player squad will control it. Why not have it still be a personal vehicle but based at your clan dry dock? If I have the resources to build one but dont want to quit my clan, couldnt I just have mine show up in the drydock? That way if we have a large scale clan raid system, anyone who builds one could join the fight. They already know there will be tons of players starting ghost clans to have one, why not make it so that doesn't have to happen? Clan numbers are going to take a huge hit just so people can have their own custom warships. The dojo dock could be like the relays and house all the clan railjacks. We could even have our clan or personal emblems and sigils on the side. It would definitely make the space combat more interesting to have a few of these going at once. I know we aren't trying to turn this into eve or elite but all that effort should be used for every possible activity they can pull out of it. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

I found 41 pages of topics on this and I know it's been asked about a thousand times but none of the topics addressed my thoughts. 

The railjack is going to be a customizable squad assault vehicle from what I can tell. Looks like your typical 4 player squad will control it. 

Looks like you didn't research that much on this topic...
DE said that you can use the Railjack Ship solo. You can build you own ship. For optimal results you should use it in a squad. Just as with any other mission currently in the game...

Btw. why is this in OffTopic?

Edited by WhiteMarker

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Looks like you didn't research that much on this topic...
DE said that you can use the Railjack Ship solo. You can build you own ship. For optimal results you should use it in a squad. Just as with any other mission currently in the game...

Btw. why is this in OffTopic?

I saw the streams about using it solo, but they continued by saying it would still need clan resources. Has that changed?

As far as off topic, I figured this was a catch all for suggestions and random stuff and I couldnt find a topic anywhere else that fit what I was thinking without digging through pages of comments on other posts. 

I will look for clarification in the devstream but the impression I got is you can have them but only in your own personal ghost clan dojo dry dock.

8 hours ago, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

I will look for clarification in the devstream but the impression I got is you can have them but only in your own personal ghost clan dojo dry dock.

Your Railjack is yours, not the clans. The devs confirmed that even at the dojo hangar, members will see their own ship docked there as opposed to one clan-only ship. If I recall right it was when they were showing off the hangar.

11 hours ago, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

I saw the streams about using it solo, but they continued by saying it would still need clan resources. Has that changed?

This is my biggest concern about the whole thing. The clan I'm in now with a couple friends is mostly dead, and I'd like to know if I need to bail out and get rolling on a Dojo of my own already, or if I'm alright being one of three active players in an otherwise dead storm clan. I'd rather not leave all the research behind, but there's no way I'm farming up 10x the resources for a railjack if that's how that's gonna work, either- and I'd rather get out and get researching sooner rather than later if it is gonna be the case. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

We do know that being in a clan will be required in order to build one, you can either join a clan or make one for yourself which you can play solo or with friends.

There was this image going around as well. 

lol.jpg?width=1048&height=786

But yes. Definitely fingers crossed for solo railjack. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Solo railjack will be possible, Steve stated that there will be mods that allow Ordis to take control over guns that normally other players would be using.

Mhhm definitely. 

I'm just comforted by the possibility that I won't have to go into the clan dojo to access railjack. 

8 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

or if I'm alright being one of three active players in an otherwise dead storm clan

I'd punt the inactives and go back to ghost.  No point in doing 3x the research for people not even playing the game.

I expect a crap-ton of grind to come along with it.. On the flip side, I also expect further "economy reworks" to trivialize earlier content for new players again.

So if you play a lot, and are an early adopter, brace your back, flex your fingers, and get those pillows comfy on your chair.

If you don't play a lot, expect - like everything else - older content that is currently a huge grind will be handed to you for basically nothing, and don't worry about rail jack until 6-12 months after its release.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I'd punt the inactives and go back to ghost.  No point in doing 3x the research for people not even playing the game.

I expect a crap-ton of grind to come along with it.. On the flip side, I also expect further "economy reworks" to trivialize earlier content for new players again.

So if you play a lot, and are an early adopter, brace your back, flex your fingers, and get those pillows comfy on your chair.

If you don't play a lot, expect - like everything else - older content that is currently a huge grind will be handed to you for basically nothing, and don't worry about rail jack until 6-12 months after its release.

Oh, I absolutely would, if it were my clan. Alas, it's not, and I haven't copped a promotion past "New guy" in... However long clans have been in the game for. (Long story)

Honestly it's not a gigantic deal right now either way to me, since all it really matters for is event trophies, and I'm ambivalent on those. But if railjack cost scales off clan tier, it's gonna be an issue, and the sooner I can get my own Dojo and Clan off  the ground, the better.  

20 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

From what I understand based on watching Devstreams, Clan involvement in Railjack will be necessary for customizing the thing, but as far as making one, I'm not sure.

Fairly sure that you need the clan in order to make it as well. As I mentioned earlier, it was one of the first bits of info revealed about it around the first reveal.