Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet, another rant of the wolf of saturn

Mrevasivepants

I hope this is the last time I have to make a topic about this, but I'm pretty sure DE stealth buffed the wolf of saturn.
After the supposed "Significant nerf on his tankiness" I could take him down in less than a minute with a full squad with a rubico prime.

As of yesterday however? well, see for yourself

In advance, sorry if the quality is butchered, youtube did that, if anyone knows how to better the quality of your videos please notify me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyObj3AJLjU&feature=youtu.be

The video starts midway, but it pretty much took us 8-10 minutes of constantly going down due to 1 hit kills from the wolf and his prodigys throwing cocktail molotovs EVEN THOUGH they're asleep by Equinox's ability.

And in the end... no rewards.

This is a joke DE, I am physically angry right now, prior to this fight I got the wolf again and I was FORCED to leave because 4 people with Ignis Wraiths barely chopped a quarter of his hp after 10 full minutes of constant firing.

I said it and I'll repeat, if you don't fix the wolf of saturn I'm alright with it, BUT PLEASE for the love of all Stop signs on earth cease and desist with this approach of a boss. Despite what the minority of masochists and overall Sekiro tryhard fans think this is not FUN. This is a chore, and I already have real life for that kind of thing in case life gets too sweeter when playing video games.

I'm gonna go eat Ice cream now and hope you forgive me for this venting, but its either that or a tantrum while facehugging the pillow.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

This is a bigger problem than him taking 10 minutes to fight, if he would drop something even remotely worth it more players might actually not hate him as much....at least that's how I'd feel, not sure about everyone else.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, Aldain said:

This is a bigger problem than him taking 10 minutes to fight, if he would drop something even remotely worth it more players might actually not hate him as much....at least that's how I'd feel, not sure about everyone else.

I agree. I liked your battle with the enemy and think it’s a good fight, but you would have felt good if he dropped a quality item for the winners. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

i have a feeling that if DE takes all the feedback regarding the Wolf into account, the next Nightwave boss is gonna be way too easy...

I'm not worried about it not being hard, I'm worried about it being worth not walking past the boss because they drop nothing of value X_X/

• Like 2

I don't like bulletsponge fights in general, so I'm not a fan of wolf either, but after watching your video, I got to say one thing.

The fight might have left you a nervous wreck, but all the crotch welding with space laser you did at the beginning of the video means that wolf is certainly going to be walking funny for the next few days. I believe that your revenge on him is thus, complete.

Was in a group on the weekend when he spawned. After 10 solid minutes his health had not moved at all. The other guys kept getting up and going at him again. Why? I just bailed. We were never going to take him down and now I hear there's no reward for doing it? Other then bragging rights what would be the reason for bothering?

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

i have a feeling that if DE takes all the feedback regarding the Wolf into account, the next Nightwave boss is gonna be way too easy...

Why is some random escaped convict stronger and tankier than a centuries-old Orokin soldier in Sentient-powered gear?  It'd be better if he was easy, his difficulty just halts missions he spawns in.

At least you brought him down.

My first and only encounter with him was when I was doing Orokin vault runs on my Titania.

He said "SQUISH THE BUG!" and one hammer throw later and I looked like One Punch man had gotten me.

At this point I think only my Chroma Prime could handle this monster, that is if I ever even see him again.

2 hours ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Yes he is hard. Yes his drops are rare.

You want an easy fight with common drops and still want those drops to be "Worth something"?

Lel

Then go fight anything else in this game.

This boss fight doesn't look "hard", It's more so that it's straight up tedious with the only difficult part of the fight is making sure you have enough ammo and resilience to unload it all on him while his magically invincible minions keep shooting and throwing fire bombs at you.

8 hours ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Let's see, he's level 68, which according to the wiki means he has 153,750 health and a damage reduction of 85% (except against radiation damage, which as far as I can tell experiences a damage reduction closer to around 40%)

Your Rubico is dealing 5725 damage per pellet (accounting for multishot) after damage reduction. He should be dead in 26 pellets, or around 20 shots, but he's soaking up a lot more than that. I counted 34 shots just to take him from 75% to 50%

Yeah, I think you're right, that is looking like a huge buff

hace 8 horas, Mrevasivepants dijo:

I hope this is the last time I have to make a topic about this, but I'm pretty sure DE stealth buffed the wolf of saturn.
After the supposed "Significant nerf on his tankiness" I could take him down in less than a minute with a full squad with a rubico prime.

As of yesterday however? well, see for yourself

In advance, sorry if the quality is butchered, youtube did that, if anyone knows how to better the quality of your videos please notify me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyObj3AJLjU&feature=youtu.be

The video starts midway, but it pretty much took us 8-10 minutes of constantly going down due to 1 hit kills from the wolf and his prodigys throwing cocktail molotovs EVEN THOUGH they're asleep by Equinox's ability.

This is a joke DE, I am physically angry right now, prior to this fight I got the wolf again and I was FORCED to leave because 4 people with Ignis Wraiths barely chopped a quarter of his hp after 10 full minutes of constant firing.

I said it and I'll repeat, if you don't fix the wolf of saturn I'm alright with it, BUT PLEASE for the love of all Stop signs on earth cease and desist with this approach of a boss. Despite what the minority of masochists and overall Sekiro tryhard fans think this is not FUN. This is a chore, and I already have real life for that kind of thing in case life gets too sweeter when playing video games.

I'm gonna go eat Ice cream now and hope you forgive me for this venting, but its either that or a tantrum while facehugging the pillow.

Comparing a bulletsponge that has almost no way to kill you with Sekiro (the entire warframe game its easier than the first enemy of seriko xD) .... sure , sound legit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Comparing a bulletsponge that has almost no way to kill you with Sekiro (the entire warframe game its easier than the first enemy of seriko xD) .... sure , sound legit

... what? the comparison is legit.

In sekiro you keep dying and dying against bosses until you actually manage to beat it with dodging and parrying tactics.
In Warframe AGAINST the wolf(and remember this comparison is for the wolf only) you keep going down and down until finally his health is down.

Also, almost no way to kill you? You either didn't see the video or you didn't play the game and faced him or both. Besides now that I think of it I never even compared the game to Sekiro, I just referenced Sekiro's fans (me included) because of the whole "hit your head against the wall until it goes down" thing.

Edited by Mrevasivepants
Spelling mistake vewy bad

hace 3 minutos, Mrevasivepants dijo:

... what? the comparison is legit.

In sekiro you keep dying and dying against bosses until you actually manage to beat it with dodging and parrying tactics.
In Warframe AGAINST the wolf(and remember this comparison is for the wolf only) you keep going down and down until finally his health is down.

Also, almost no way to kill you? You either didn't see the video or you didn't play the game and faced him or both. Besides now that I think of it I never even compared the game to Sekiro, I just referenced Sekiro's fans (me included) because of the whole "hit your head against the wall until it goes down" thing.

"Also, almost no way to kill you? "

To be fair , i should been said "for a decent players ..." . No someone that being dying of procs and he dont even think in pull operator .

2 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

"Also, almost no way to kill you? "

To be fair , i should been said "for a decent players ..." . No someone that being dying of procs and he dont even think in pull operator .

Point taken. While I remember using my operator for rapid movement and revival, for some reason I always forget using it to deny procs.

But then again, the random cocktail molotovs that sprout out of no where even when the fugitives are CC'd, 300 meters away, behind a wall and hitting on the nearest chick at the bar.

10 hours ago, Aldain said:

This is a universal problem for that enemy type I still don't have the brakk receiver after all these years.

Edited by hazerddex

9 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I didn't really have trouble killing him in under three minutes. The issue is that he's worth nothing. At least make the stand he drops worth it. Like 500+ at least.

5 hours ago, cmacq said:

Was in a group on the weekend when he spawned. After 10 solid minutes his health had not moved at all. The other guys kept getting up and going at him again. Why? I just bailed. We were never going to take him down and now I hear there's no reward for doing it? Other then bragging rights what would be the reason for bothering?

He drops his hammer. Or parts to it. Though it's pretty damn rare.